FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Gove Quits

Gove Quits

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aunchyrabbits OP   Couple 18 weeks ago

West Dorset

Quick summary.

The announcement in the rain while a labour anthem is blasting.

Asking the Welsh how they are enjoying the football

A teetotaler visiting a brewery

Visiting the Titanic Quarter of Belfast

The Tories councillors that were planted into the staff to ask questions.

Ejecting Sky news from the opening conference.

Numerous Tories including Gove have quit, very much feeling like rats jumping from the sinking ship.

Are the team leading this campaign that it they generate enough memes people will feel sorry for them ???

I've watched The thick of it and loved Yes minister, But this stuff couldn't be written.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *llie37555Man 18 weeks ago

Market Drayton

[Removed by poster at 25/05/24 04:00:08]

Market Drayton

"Quick summary.

Numerous Tories including Gove have quit, very much feeling like rats jumping from the sinking ship.

Are the team leading this campaign that it they generate enough memes people will feel sorry for them ???

I've watched The thick of it and loved Yes minister, But this stuff couldn't be written."

Gaffes happen. Ed and the bacon sandwich? Gordon Brown and that "bigoted" woman? You could have a Diane Abbott special thread when it comes to gaffes!

Asking the Welsh how they are enjoying the football - Gaffes happen - are you assuming there were no English workers there? I know a few Welsh people who will cheer England on. As gaffes go, it was nowt special.

A teetotaler visiting a brewery - why shouldn't he? It was the business angle, not his own drinking habits, which was the focus.

Visiting the Titanic Quarter of Belfast - again, so?

The Tories councillors that were planted into the staff to ask questions. Happens in all parties. On 2nd May '97, Downing street was plastered with Labour Party staffers waving flags as though happy members of the general public.

Ejecting Sky news from the opening conference. Serves them right. Sky had been warned by a Conservative Party media executive that there was not enough room for their camera in the cramped room where Mr Sunak was to launch his campaign. Remember Walter Wolfgang? An 82-year-old Jewish refugee from the Nazis, was physically ejected from the Labour conference hall and refused readmission under the prevention of terrorism act! That's frightening.

Numerous Tories including Gove have quit, very much feeling like rats jumping from the sinking ship. Not at all. Many Labour MPs are not standing either.

Are the team leading this campaign that it they generate enough memes people will feel sorry for them ??? Not English.

I've watched The thick of it and loved Yes minister, But this stuff couldn't be written."

It's all been seen before. And there will be another 6 weeks of it.

Who can forget Diane Abbott in 2017 stating that the 10,000 new police officers Labour pledged if it gained power at the General Election would be paid £30 per year.

In a stumbling explanation of how Labour would fund the 10,000 extra police officers, Abbott put the bill at £300,000, before suggesting to a baffled and bemused Nick Ferrari on LBC it would cost £80 million per year - meaning the officers would earn £8,000 per year.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 18 weeks ago

Cumbria

"Quick summary.

I've watched The thick of it and loved Yes minister, But this stuff couldn't be written.

Gaffes happen. Ed and the bacon sandwich? Gordon Brown and that "bigoted" woman? You could have a Diane Abbott special thread when it comes to gaffes!

Asking the Welsh how they are enjoying the football - Gaffes happen - are you assuming there were no English workers there? I know a few Welsh people who will cheer England on. As gaffes go, it was nowt special.

A teetotaler visiting a brewery - why shouldn't he? It was the business angle, not his own drinking habits, which was the focus.

The Tories councillors that were planted into the staff to ask questions. Happens in all parties. On 2nd May '97, Downing street was plastered with Labour Party staffers waving flags as though happy members of the general public.

Ejecting Sky news from the opening conference. Serves them right. Sky had been warned by a Conservative Party media executive that there was not enough room for their camera in the cramped room where Mr Sunak was to launch his campaign. Remember Walter Wolfgang? An 82-year-old Jewish refugee from the Nazis, was physically ejected from the Labour conference hall and refused readmission under the prevention of terrorism act! That's frightening.

Numerous Tories including Gove have quit, very much feeling like rats jumping from the sinking ship. Not at all. Many Labour MPs are not standing either.

Are the team leading this campaign that it they generate enough memes people will feel sorry for them ??? Not English.

Who can forget Diane Abbott in 2017 stating that the 10,000 new police officers Labour pledged if it gained power at the General Election would be paid £30 per year.

In a stumbling explanation of how Labour would fund the 10,000 extra police officers, Abbott put the bill at £300,000, before suggesting to a baffled and bemused Nick Ferrari on LBC it would cost £80 million per year - meaning the officers would earn £8,000 per year."

Are you Jonathan Gullis?

By *idnight RamblerMan 18 weeks ago

Pershore

Rats and a sinking ship

Cumbria

"Rats and a sinking ship"

I thought that but apparently it’s all part of a plan to replace the longer standing MPs, or something.

Gove, especially, is definitely not known for being self serving and devious

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 18 weeks ago

golden fields

"Quick summary.

In a stumbling explanation of how Labour would fund the 10,000 extra police officers, Abbott put the bill at £300,000, before suggesting to a baffled and bemused Nick Ferrari on LBC it would cost £80 million per year - meaning the officers would earn £8,000 per year.

Are you Jonathan Gullis?"

I think you'll find the arguement"what about Labour" trumps absolutely anything and everything.

golden fields

Andrea Leadsom has gone too.

What are the next round of Tories like that are coming through?

Cumbria

"Andrea Leadsom has gone too.

What are the next round of Tories like that are coming through?"

Leadsom is an idiot, and no loss. Gove, despite being a nasty, self serving little man, was at least a very competent minister and operator.

golden fields

Leadsom is an idiot, and no loss. Gove, despite being a nasty, self serving little man, was at least a very competent minister and operator."

I mean, when he was the Environment minister, he got his intel from David Attenborough Blue planet TV shows. I certainly wouldn't accuse him of being competent.

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS 18 weeks ago

Glasgow

Leadsom is an idiot, and no loss. Gove, despite being a nasty, self serving little man, was at least a very competent minister and operator.

I mean, when he was the Environment minister, he got his intel from David Attenborough Blue planet TV shows. I certainly wouldn't accuse him of being competent. "

Are you saying David Attenborough Blue Planet are not reliable source of information..?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 18 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Yeah but, bacon sandwich eating..

The straw clutching as the date gets closer is going to be so tenuous and desperate I fully expect Michael Foots dress sense or that Ken bloke likes reptiles to be trotted out..

Cumbria

I mean, when he was the Environment minister, he got his intel from David Attenborough Blue planet TV shows. I certainly wouldn't accuse him of being competent. "

It’s a better source than 55 Tufton Street, where most Tories get their orders, I mean information, from.

golden fields

I mean, when he was the Environment minister, he got his intel from David Attenborough Blue planet TV shows. I certainly wouldn't accuse him of being competent.

Are you saying David Attenborough Blue Planet are not reliable source of information..?"

I'm saying it's a TV show, for entertainment, and that the environment minister is supposed to be on the ball.

golden fields

It’s a better source than 55 Tufton Street, where most Tories get their orders, I mean information, from."

True.

By (user no longer on site) 18 weeks ago

"Quick summary.

In a stumbling explanation of how Labour would fund the 10,000 extra police officers, Abbott put the bill at £300,000, before suggesting to a baffled and bemused Nick Ferrari on LBC it would cost £80 million per year - meaning the officers would earn £8,000 per year."

I'm someowjere in between.

The rain is unfortunate. And he had no great options.

The titanic quarter shows where the media is going. But it's okay, we don't get affected by them.

The football gaffe is minor. Making small talk with people outside your usual circle will incur so much mishaps. Should he try to engage them about Gucci shoes instead ?

The placed councillors is the one that gets me, much worse than a rentacrowd. It's manipulative and dishonest and denies accountability to the public. It seems to be the one that has been downplayed compared to its severity imo.

By *eroy1000Man 18 weeks ago

milton keynes

They need a good clear out of MP's and no harm in starting soon as possible. A rebuild in the years of opposition is needed though I suspect there will be lots of in fighting before it settles down. Not sure who will replace Rishi but don't expect him to face the same fate as corbyn has, being kicked out and now standing against the party he once led.

Glasgow

Are you saying David Attenborough Blue Planet are not reliable source of information..?

I'm saying it's a TV show, for entertainment, and that the environment minister is supposed to be on the ball. "

A wise person uses every source available and decides for themselves which one makes more sense and is trustworthy.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan 18 weeks ago

Kent

78 Tories (and counting) standing down doesn't leave the local associations much time to put a new candidate in place, time that would have been spent on the campaign trail. Add to that the number of longtime Tory voters who consider themselves small C conservatives who voted for their local MP not the party.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan 18 weeks ago

Kent

"Not sure who will replace Rishi but don't expect him to face the same fate as corbyn has, being kicked out and now standing against the party he once led."

Corbyn will still return with a 20k majority even as an independent

golden fields

I'm saying it's a TV show, for entertainment, and that the environment minister is supposed to be on the ball.

A wise person uses every source available and decides for themselves which one makes more sense and is trustworthy. "

Yes, just so pathetic that a TV show was his main source. What an absolute shambles.

The good thing about the environment is, it's a scientific discipline, so all you need to do is understand it, then you don't need to worry about which makes sense or is trustworthy, because you can see through the bullshit right away.

By *irldnCouple 18 weeks ago

Brighton

The rain soaked image of Sunak does matter. It shouldn’t but it does in these times of memes and social media. He didn’t look prime ministerial. He didn’t look organised. He didn’t look good at planning or having contingency. From a Comms and PR POV it was a disaster.

While the fact is we vote for a party (well a constituent MP actually) not a PM the reality is many people do in their heads vote for the PM. That is why so much media coverage focuses on the leaders and why we now have TV debates.

The Comms team and Sunak’s SpAds fucked up. They just needed to check the weather and put up a gazebo over the lectern. It is possible Sunak overruled them of course. But the DGs and Perm Secs (and Dept Comms teams) knew, under embargo that morning, that 4th July was being announced! So team Sunak defo knew so be prepared!

By *atEvolutionCouple 18 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

"Not sure who will replace Rishi but don't expect him to face the same fate as corbyn has, being kicked out and now standing against the party he once led.

Corbyn will still return with a 20k majority even as an independent "

This will be wonderful for the Labour Party.

By *roadShoulderzMan 18 weeks ago

Seahouses

If someone as thick as Leadsom realises the Tories are doomed to lose that's a good omen for Labour.

Apparently Boris is going to be one of them so I wouldn't hold your breath....

By *anifestoMan 18 weeks ago

ferns/ cork

"Quick summary.

"

Not like he has a 3 million £ press room inside number 10 commissioned by the second or third last prime minister, no?

Glasgow

A wise person uses every source available and decides for themselves which one makes more sense and is trustworthy.

Yes, just so pathetic that a TV show was his main source. What an absolute shambles.

The good thing about the environment is, it's a scientific discipline, so all you need to do is understand it, then you don't need to worry about which makes sense or is trustworthy, because you can see through the bullshit right away.

"

Is there any source that states, this was his main source of information. I didn't know anything about this until you posted, so Googled for information.

All I found is him quoted as saying he was shocked by the Blue Planet report on Plastic in the sea.

golden fields

Is there any source that states, this was his main source of information. I didn't know anything about this until you posted, so Googled for information.

All I found is him quoted as saying he was shocked by the Blue Planet report on Plastic in the sea. "

That's the one.

Glasgow

All I found is him quoted as saying he was shocked by the Blue Planet report on Plastic in the sea.

That's the one. "

So because he says he was shocked by it, you interpret it has Blue Planet was his main source of information. Really..?

By *abioMan 18 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Quick summary.

I dont know Ollie if you really want to talk about Diane abbotts gaffes whilst speaking on Home Secretary issues… because we then have to mention that both priti Patel AND suella braverman both made gaffes whilst Home Secretary on exactly the same issue….

Anyway… asking the Welsh about the football did make me giggle.. you would have thought at least someone would have briefed him about the heartbreaking penalty shootout loss!!!

golden fields

That's the one.

So because he says he was shocked by it, you interpret it has Blue Planet was his main source of information. Really..?"

You're right, Gove was at the cutting edge of environmental issues. And definitely didn't get is info from the telly. Good work all round.

By *orses and PoniesMan 18 weeks ago

Ealing

"The rain soaked image of Sunak does matter. It shouldn’t but it does in these times of memes and social media. He didn’t look prime ministerial. He didn’t look organised. He didn’t look good at planning or having contingency. From a Comms and PR POV it was a disaster.

While the fact is we vote for a party (well a constituent MP actually) not a PM the reality is many people do in their heads vote for the PM. That is why so much media coverage focuses on the leaders and why we now have TV debates.

The Comms team and Sunak’s SpAds fucked up. They just needed to check the weather and put up a gazebo over the lectern. It is possible Sunak overruled them of course. But the DGs and Perm Secs (and Dept Comms teams) knew, under embargo that morning, that 4th July was being announced! So team Sunak defo knew so be prepared! "

. It simply shows that Sunak is a man of the people and puts the country before his own personal likes and dislikes . I am sure he can afford to have his suit dry cleaned or do you want to start a crowd funding page for him ?.

Yesterday he was once again out meeting ordinary seeking people. He is a class apart from the middle class Islington based wok warriors . It was great to see those involved in the transport and distribution businness siting round a table with him

Election night will wipe the smile off some his doubters .

By *roadShoulderzMan 18 weeks ago

Seahouses

Leadsom is an idiot, and no loss. Gove, despite being a nasty, self serving little man, was at least a very competent minister and operator."

Cameron had to sack Gove as Education Minister as Gove had pissed off 400,000 teachers in England. Reforming anything is fine but you must bring your workforce with you. Any true leader knows that.

This may be harsh but Gove's natural mother took one look at him and gave him up for adoption. I think it's very difficult to recover from that sort of rejection hence his inability to be loyal as Cameron, Boris and now Sunak is finding out.

But he, along with many other Tory defectors will be made Lords in Sunak's departure Honours List. Lord Gove of Coke perhaps?

Ealing

Cameron had to sack Gove as Education Minister as Gove had pissed off 400,000 teachers in England. Reforming anything is fine but you must bring your workforce with you. Any true leader knows that.

This may be harsh but Gove's natural mother took one look at him and gave him up for adoption. I think it's very difficult to recover from that sort of rejection hence his inability to be loyal as Cameron, Boris and now Sunak is finding out.

But he, along with many other Tory defectors will be made Lords in Sunak's departure Honours List. Lord Gove of Coke perhaps?"

. Your remark about Goves mother is highly offensive and rather pathetic .

golden fields

"The rain soaked image of Sunak does matter. It shouldn’t but it does in these times of memes and social media. He didn’t look prime ministerial. He didn’t look organised. He didn’t look good at planning or having contingency. From a Comms and PR POV it was a disaster.

The Comms team and Sunak’s SpAds fucked up. They just needed to check the weather and put up a gazebo over the lectern. It is possible Sunak overruled them of course. But the DGs and Perm Secs (and Dept Comms teams) knew, under embargo that morning, that 4th July was being announced! So team Sunak defo knew so be prepared! . It simply shows that Sunak is a man of the people and puts the country before his own personal likes and dislikes . I am sure he can afford to have his suit dry cleaned or do you want to start a crowd funding page for him ?.

Yesterday he was once again out meeting ordinary seeking people. He is a class apart from the middle class Islington based wok warriors . It was great to see those involved in the transport and distribution businness siting round a table with him

Election night will wipe the smile off some his doubters . "

Wait, couple of days ago you hated Sunak!

Amazing

By *londebiguyMan 18 weeks ago

Southport

"Quick summary.

Are you Jonathan Gullis?"

No surprise he hid his profile.

Glasgow

That's the one.

So because he says he was shocked by it, you interpret it has Blue Planet was his main source of information. Really..?

You're right, Gove was at the cutting edge of environmental issues. And definitely didn't get is info from the telly. Good work all round. "

I don't recall me saying anything of the sort. So don't know who your agreeing with. I don't really have a dog in this fight, has I won't be voting Tory or Labour.

But if your going to just make up stiff about a person by taking something said and putting a spin on it. Well Johny it doesn't really help your arguments and makes you look as bad some on the other well known trolls who post on the political threads.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 18 weeks ago

in Lancashire

The Comms team and Sunak’s SpAds fucked up. They just needed to check the weather and put up a gazebo over the lectern. It is possible Sunak overruled them of course. But the DGs and Perm Secs (and Dept Comms teams) knew, under embargo that morning, that 4th July was being announced! So team Sunak defo knew so be prepared! . It simply shows that Sunak is a man of the people and puts the country before his own personal likes and dislikes . I am sure he can afford to have his suit dry cleaned or do you want to start a crowd funding page for him ?.

Warriors of the wok..

Onwards and upwards to a golden upland if stir fried oven readiness ..

golden fields

That's the one.

You're right, Gove was at the cutting edge of environmental issues. And definitely didn't get is info from the telly. Good work all round.

I don't recall me saying anything of the sort. So don't know who your agreeing with. I don't really have a dog in this fight, has I won't be voting Tory or Labour.

"

Same.

"

But if your going to just make up stiff about a person by taking something said and putting a spin on it.

"

I was just following your lead.

"

Well Johny it doesn't really help your arguments and makes you look as bad some on the other well known trolls who post on the political threads."

Honestly though, if someone thinks Gove is/was competent, and knew what he was talking about as Environment Minister, or any other post he held, thinks I look bad. That's not an insult at all.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 18 weeks ago

Central

Good riddance to the creep. They seem to be going out with the same style they've trashed the country

The writing is certainly on the wall. I think we're witnessing the beginning of the Conservatives following the Whig party into history.

Market Drayton

"Quick summary.

Are you Jonathan Gullis?

I think you'll find the arguement"what about Labour" trumps absolutely anything and everything. "

I think you'll find gaffes are not unique to the Tories

There, corrected it for you

golden fields

"Quick summary.

Are you Jonathan Gullis?

I think you'll find the arguement"what about Labour" trumps absolutely anything and everything.

I think you'll find gaffes are not unique to the Tories

There, corrected it for you "

Right, why is this relevant to a thread about Gove fucking off and Tory gaffes?

Market Drayton

"Quick summary.

In a stumbling explanation of how Labour would fund the 10,000 extra police officers, Abbott put the bill at £300,000, before suggesting to a baffled and bemused Nick Ferrari on LBC it would cost £80 million per year - meaning the officers would earn £8,000 per year.I'm someowjere in between.

The titanic quarter shows where the media is going. But it's okay, we don't get affected by them.

The football gaffe is minor. Making small talk with people outside your usual circle will incur so much mishaps. Should he try to engage them about Gucci shoes instead ?

The placed councillors is the one that gets me, much worse than a rentacrowd. It's manipulative and dishonest and denies accountability to the public. It seems to be the one that has been downplayed compared to its severity imo.

"

I'd agree with you up to your last paragraph. Under New Labour saw the elevation of “spin” to high status, even though it has been a standard political ploy since Henry VIII’s first divorce. The appointment of (Thomas Cromwell) Alastair Campbell as press secretary defined New Labour’s presentation style, and his method and strategies paved the way for a new landscape. Here was a journalist brought in at the very top, issuing orders to civil servants, enforcing the ministerial line on public statements, keeping the spads on message and stage managing nearly everything.

John Prescot was one of the very few who found a way round it by managing to punch a voter.

Brighton

Pat you are losing your cutting edge humour. You were calling Sunak a traitor last week. Consistency matters!

Also, are you saying the real battle ground for the general election is going to be over the choice of cooking utensils? Man of the people Sunak best have a chat to those below stairs to get some tips, like he did with putting petrol in a Kia!

Ealing

Pat you are losing your cutting edge humour. You were calling Sunak a traitor last week. Consistency matters!

Also, are you saying the real battle ground for the general election is going to be over the choice of cooking utensils? Man of the people Sunak best have a chat to those below stairs to get some tips, like he did with putting petrol in a Kia!"

. People in the party have no choice but to support Sunak. Too late to change leader during the election campaign. He is vastly superior to Kier Starmer who thought being asked can a woman have a penis was an unfair question. Furthermore he failed to prosecute Jimmy Saville . Starmer is simply a left wing lawyer and woke warrior who has contributed nothing to society. Part of the metropolitan chattering class who look down upon ordinary people. He has failed to kick Angela Raynor out of the party for receiving a council house discount to which she was not entitled and Rachael Reeves is committed to destroying the economy and making everyone worse off. A nightmare scenario we need to avoid at all costs .

golden fields

Also, are you saying the real battle ground for the general election is going to be over the choice of cooking utensils? Man of the people Sunak best have a chat to those below stairs to get some tips, like he did with putting petrol in a Kia!. People in the party have no choice but to support Sunak. Too late to change leader during the election campaign. He is vastly superior to Kier Starmer who thought being asked can a woman have a penis was an unfair question. Furthermore he failed to prosecute Jimmy Saville . Starmer is simply a left wing lawyer and woke warrior who has contributed nothing to society. Part of the metropolitan chattering class who look down upon ordinary people. He has failed to kick Angela Raynor out of the party for receiving a council house discount to which she was not entitled and Rachael Reeves is committed to destroying the economy and making everyone worse off. A nightmare scenario we need to avoid at all costs . "

Do you have an example of when Starmer has been a warrior for awareness of social injustice, especially racism. And why was this a bad thing?

By *melie LALWoman 18 weeks ago

Peterborough

If someone as thick as Leadsom realises the Tories are doomed to lose that's a good omen for Labour.

Apparently Boris is going to be one of them so I wouldn't hold your breath...."

Might as well bring Maggie back

Also, are you saying the real battle ground for the general election is going to be over the choice of cooking utensils? Man of the people Sunak best have a chat to those below stairs to get some tips, like he did with putting petrol in a Kia!. People in the party have no choice but to support Sunak. Too late to change leader during the election campaign. He is vastly superior to Kier Starmer who thought being asked can a woman have a penis was an unfair question. Furthermore he failed to prosecute Jimmy Saville . Starmer is simply a left wing lawyer and woke warrior who has contributed nothing to society. Part of the metropolitan chattering class who look down upon ordinary people. He has failed to kick Angela Raynor out of the party for receiving a council house discount to which she was not entitled and Rachael Reeves is committed to destroying the economy and making everyone worse off. A nightmare scenario we need to avoid at all costs . "

why wasn't she entitled to a discount?

Brighton

In addition to the questions others have asked you, can you tell me what Sunak has contributed to society?

At least Starmer bought his mum a donkey sanctuary! So that means there is a place of safety for all those retiring Tory MPs like Gove

By *llie37555Man 17 weeks ago

Market Drayton

Also, are you saying the real battle ground for the general election is going to be over the choice of cooking utensils? Man of the people Sunak best have a chat to those below stairs to get some tips, like he did with putting petrol in a Kia!. People in the party have no choice but to support Sunak. Too late to change leader during the election campaign. He is vastly superior to Kier Starmer who thought being asked can a woman have a penis was an unfair question. Furthermore he failed to prosecute Jimmy Saville . Starmer is simply a left wing lawyer and woke warrior who has contributed nothing to society. Part of the metropolitan chattering class who look down upon ordinary people. He has failed to kick Angela Raynor out of the party for receiving a council house discount to which she was not entitled and Rachael Reeves is committed to destroying the economy and making everyone worse off. A nightmare scenario we need to avoid at all costs .

In addition to the questions others have asked you, can you tell me what Sunak has contributed to society?

At least Starmer bought his mum a donkey sanctuary! So that means there is a place of safety for all those retiring Tory MPs like Gove "

About £1,500,000.00 in tax in 4 years.

By *orses and PoniesMan 17 weeks ago

Ealing

Also, are you saying the real battle ground for the general election is going to be over the choice of cooking utensils? Man of the people Sunak best have a chat to those below stairs to get some tips, like he did with putting petrol in a Kia!. People in the party have no choice but to support Sunak. Too late to change leader during the election campaign. He is vastly superior to Kier Starmer who thought being asked can a woman have a penis was an unfair question. Furthermore he failed to prosecute Jimmy Saville . Starmer is simply a left wing lawyer and woke warrior who has contributed nothing to society. Part of the metropolitan chattering class who look down upon ordinary people. He has failed to kick Angela Raynor out of the party for receiving a council house discount to which she was not entitled and Rachael Reeves is committed to destroying the economy and making everyone worse off. A nightmare scenario we need to avoid at all costs . why wasn't she entitled to a discount? "

She is the subject of a criminal investigation and was not entitled to the discount as she did not live at the house concerned.

Ealing

Also, are you saying the real battle ground for the general election is going to be over the choice of cooking utensils? Man of the people Sunak best have a chat to those below stairs to get some tips, like he did with putting petrol in a Kia!. People in the party have no choice but to support Sunak. Too late to change leader during the election campaign. He is vastly superior to Kier Starmer who thought being asked can a woman have a penis was an unfair question. Furthermore he failed to prosecute Jimmy Saville . Starmer is simply a left wing lawyer and woke warrior who has contributed nothing to society. Part of the metropolitan chattering class who look down upon ordinary people. He has failed to kick Angela Raynor out of the party for receiving a council house discount to which she was not entitled and Rachael Reeves is committed to destroying the economy and making everyone worse off. A nightmare scenario we need to avoid at all costs .

At least Starmer bought his mum a donkey sanctuary! So that means there is a place of safety for all those retiring Tory MPs like Gove "

. A bizarre question to ask. He is the chosen prime minister and implemented policies that saved many from financial ruin during Covid . However as you already knew the answer why ask the question ?

Ealing

At least Starmer bought his mum a donkey sanctuary! So that means there is a place of safety for all those retiring Tory MPs like Gove

About £1,500,000.00 in tax in 4 years. "

. It looks like he has contributed a lot more to society than most people.

Ealing

Micheal Gove will not have many worries . People will be fighting to use his talent.

By *irldnCouple 17 weeks ago

Brighton

At least Starmer bought his mum a donkey sanctuary! So that means there is a place of safety for all those retiring Tory MPs like Gove Micheal Gove will not have many worries . People will be fighting to use his talent. "

Well I did hear that the RSC want to do a new version of Julius Caesar and Gove would be perfect as Brutus.

By *irldnCouple 17 weeks ago

Brighton

About £1,500,000.00 in tax in 4 years. . It looks like he has contributed a lot more to society than most people. "

Ah so if it about the amount of tax then I suspect I have contributed more to society then the vast majority of people on this forum! No need to thank me

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 17 weeks ago

Cumbria

About £1,500,000.00 in tax in 4 years. "

You’re confusing society with the exchequer, as people who see value only in money often do.

By (user no longer on site) 17 weeks ago

Also, are you saying the real battle ground for the general election is going to be over the choice of cooking utensils? Man of the people Sunak best have a chat to those below stairs to get some tips, like he did with putting petrol in a Kia!. People in the party have no choice but to support Sunak. Too late to change leader during the election campaign. He is vastly superior to Kier Starmer who thought being asked can a woman have a penis was an unfair question. Furthermore he failed to prosecute Jimmy Saville . Starmer is simply a left wing lawyer and woke warrior who has contributed nothing to society. Part of the metropolitan chattering class who look down upon ordinary people. He has failed to kick Angela Raynor out of the party for receiving a council house discount to which she was not entitled and Rachael Reeves is committed to destroying the economy and making everyone worse off. A nightmare scenario we need to avoid at all costs . why wasn't she entitled to a discount? She is the subject of a criminal investigation and was not entitled to the discount as she did not live at the house concerned. "

the money claim is she should have paid vhy. Nothing to do with receiving a council house discount. That cgt carve out can apply to anyone.

And the investigation isn't to do with the cgt bill.

But what I love about your satire is I can believ that many do have your view for reals.

By *ermbiMan 17 weeks ago

Ballyshannon

Gove battered on about Brexit and all the so called benefits. Now that there aren't any he jumps ship too. Are there any of those Brexit cheer leaders left?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 17 weeks ago

golden fields

"Gove battered on about Brexit and all the so called benefits. Now that there aren't any he jumps ship too. Are there any of those Brexit cheer leaders left?"

Stick around. There's loads of them!

Ballyshannon

"Gove battered on about Brexit and all the so called benefits. Now that there aren't any he jumps ship too. Are there any of those Brexit cheer leaders left?

Stick around. There's loads of them!"

Less of them after the election hopefully

Ealing

"Gove battered on about Brexit and all the so called benefits. Now that there aren't any he jumps ship too. Are there any of those Brexit cheer leaders left?"
What a bizarre post to make . 17.4 million would not have voted to leave if there were no benefits. We already have new trade deals with partners outside the EU and in addition trade with existing EU members . Maybe you need to examine the trade figures in a little more detail.

golden fields

"Gove battered on about Brexit and all the so called benefits. Now that there aren't any he jumps ship too. Are there any of those Brexit cheer leaders left? What a bizarre post to make . 17.4 million would not have voted to leave if there were no benefits.

"

Erm. They did though.

"

We already have new trade deals with partners outside the EU and in addition trade with existing EU members . Maybe you need to examine the trade figures in a little more detail. "

Lolz.

By *idnight RamblerMan 17 weeks ago

Pershore

Out of 17.5 mil. who voted to leave? I'd say the majority are still very much with us. Just because they're not on forums banging on about Brexit every day, doesn't mean they've magically disappeared. Would they vote differently again? Possibly, but why? Where's the Brexit catastrophe we keep hearing? For most people, life is barely impacted one way or the other. people are just getting on with their lives.

golden fields

"Gove battered on about Brexit and all the so called benefits. Now that there aren't any he jumps ship too. Are there any of those Brexit cheer leaders left?

Out of 17.5 mil. who voted to leave? I'd say the majority are still very much with us. Just because they're not on forums banging on about Brexit every day, doesn't mean they've magically disappeared. Would they vote differently again? Possibly, but why? Where's the Brexit catastrophe we keep hearing? For most people, life is barely impacted one way or the other. people are just getting on with their lives."

"For most people, life is barely impacted one way or the other. people are just getting on with their lives."

Well worth the ongoing enormous financial cost to the country, the loss of freedom to live and work in the EU, the deepened divide in the UK, all the British businesses adversely impacted and those that were forced to close, etc

Ballyshannon

"Gove battered on about Brexit and all the so called benefits. Now that there aren't any he jumps ship too. Are there any of those Brexit cheer leaders left? What a bizarre post to make . 17.4 million would not have voted to leave if there were no benefits. We already have new trade deals with partners outside the EU and in addition trade with existing EU members . Maybe you need to examine the trade figures in a little more detail. "

Nothing bizarre about it. The rest of world trade deals are pathetic. Perhaps you need to look at the figures in a bit more detail.

By *ony 2016Man 17 weeks ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

Apparently Boris is going to be one of them so I wouldn't hold your breath....

Might as well bring Maggie back "

No point bringing Thatcher back ,, we ain't got no trains , gas , busses , electric , houses , water , left to sell

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 17 weeks ago

nearby

"Gove battered on about Brexit and all the so called benefits. Now that there aren't any he jumps ship too. Are there any of those Brexit cheer leaders left? What a bizarre post to make . 17.4 million would not have voted to leave if there were no benefits. We already have new trade deals with partners outside the EU and in addition trade with existing EU members . Maybe you need to examine the trade figures in a little more detail. "

After all the chest beating - 5 new trade deals including AUS to fuck up British farmers with cheap meat imports.

33 succession agreements.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47213842

By *oulderingBearMan 17 weeks ago

Falme

"Quick summary.

Not like he has a 3 million £ press room inside number 10 commissioned by the second or third last prime minister, no?"

Maybe BoJo took the keys with him so they couldn't access it.

Hope Stammer uses it every other week just to rub it in.

Ballyshannon

"Gove battered on about Brexit and all the so called benefits. Now that there aren't any he jumps ship too. Are there any of those Brexit cheer leaders left? What a bizarre post to make . 17.4 million would not have voted to leave if there were no benefits. We already have new trade deals with partners outside the EU and in addition trade with existing EU members . Maybe you need to examine the trade figures in a little more detail.

After all the chest beating - 5 new trade deals including AUS to fuck up British farmers with cheap meat imports.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47213842"

Japan trade deal not worth much more than running the Commonwealth office for a year. If that's all that can be secured from a major economy its a bleak future.

By *ornucopiaMan 17 weeks ago

Bexley

"

I seem to recall that Billy Fury bought (or wanted to buy) his father a shoe repair factory.

Honouring one's parents for posterity is laudable.

Ealing

"Gove battered on about Brexit and all the so called benefits. Now that there aren't any he jumps ship too. Are there any of those Brexit cheer leaders left? What a bizarre post to make . 17.4 million would not have voted to leave if there were no benefits. We already have new trade deals with partners outside the EU and in addition trade with existing EU members . Maybe you need to examine the trade figures in a little more detail.

Japan trade deal not worth much more than running the Commonwealth office for a year. If that's all that can be secured from a major economy its a bleak future. "

. You seemed to have simply ignored the benefits from leaving . Inside the European Customs Union 75 % of customs revenue generated goes back into the bloc . Now the UK is out of the EU HMRC gets 100 % of the revenue. ( about £2.5 billion per annum )

The UK has replicated 40 trade deals which it had while a member of the EU and now gets all the benefits without paying any fees to the EU.

It is now close to reaching an agreement with India and the six Gulf states which would not have been possible as members of the EU.In addition we are improving arrangements with Mexico , Switzerland , Israel , Turkey and South Korea .

Our 12.5 percent of the EU budget which is 2024 would have cost the British taxpayer £20 billion gross and £12 billion net.

Leaving has been a substantial benefit to the UK.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 17 weeks ago

nearby

Japan trade deal not worth much more than running the Commonwealth office for a year. If that's all that can be secured from a major economy its a bleak future. . You seemed to have simply ignored the benefits from leaving . Inside the European Customs Union 75 % of customs revenue generated goes back into the bloc . Now the UK is out of the EU HMRC gets 100 % of the revenue. ( about £2.5 billion per annum )

The UK has replicated 40 trade deals which it had while a member of the EU and now gets all the benefits without paying any fees to the EU.

It is now close to reaching an agreement with India and the six Gulf states which would not have been possible as members of the EU.In addition we are improving arrangements with Mexico , Switzerland , Israel , Turkey and South Korea .

Our 12.5 percent of the EU budget which is 2024 would have cost the British taxpayer £20 billion gross and £12 billion net.

Leaving has been a substantial benefit to the UK. "

Any benefits in financial terms are dwarfed by the reported £100bn annual trade loss, and trebling of the national debt over past 14 years to £2,700,000,000,000

Interest payments are currently £9bn a month, from £3bn a month in 2010. I’ll take your figures as red but in the face of £70bn extra debt interest, the treasury is worse off.

Ealing

[Removed by poster at 27/05/24 22:35:46]

Ealing

Japan trade deal not worth much more than running the Commonwealth office for a year. If that's all that can be secured from a major economy its a bleak future. . You seemed to have simply ignored the benefits from leaving . Inside the European Customs Union 75 % of customs revenue generated goes back into the bloc . Now the UK is out of the EU HMRC gets 100 % of the revenue. ( about £2.5 billion per annum )

Any benefits in financial terms are dwarfed by the reported £100bn annual trade loss, and trebling of the national debt over past 14 years to £2,700,000,000,000

Interest payments are currently £9bn a month, from £3bn a month in 2010. I’ll take your figures as red but in the face of £70bn extra debt interest, the treasury is worse off. "

. We had a Covid crisis and many people were saved from financial ruin by the governments help. Difficult to see any correlation between the EU and Covid . Why would there be a trade loss? You have quoted a figure without explaining how it is calculated .Is the loss turnover or profit margin. ?

golden fields

Interest payments are currently £9bn a month, from £3bn a month in 2010. I’ll take your figures as red but in the face of £70bn extra debt interest, the treasury is worse off. . We had a Covid crisis and many people were saved from financial ruin by the governments help. Difficult to see any correlation between the EU and Covid . Why would there be a trade loss? You have quoted a figure without explaining how it is calculated .Is the loss turnover or profit margin. ? "

By *ripfillMan 17 weeks ago

havant

Gove one day will be highlighted for selling off the teeside land for a pittance - the tax payer being sold down the river literally - and he gaining millions from it

Nasty person - totally self centred - great levelling up one sided into his pockets allegedly

I doubt he’s on fab - he ‘s not nice enough

Ballyshannon

Leaving has been a substantial benefit to the UK. "

Dream on

By *erri_kissesTV/TS 17 weeks ago

Islington

Misread as Gove Quilts and my mind wandered t

- arrests at the G0ve residence

- haberdashery & craft items of dubious origin seized

- news ultimately emerging of G0ve & V1ne being the Fred & R0se of Westminster

» Add a new message to this topic