‘Things, can only get better’

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman 6 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Independence day indeed

By *or-QueeningMan 6 weeks ago

Manchester

At fucking last. I was starting to forget what having a Prime Minister who was actually democratically elected felt like.

By *ife NinjaMan 6 weeks ago

Dunfermline

"‘Things, can only get better’"

The troll playing throughout his speech was hilarious

By *ndtheswingersMan 6 weeks ago

colchester

The question is which shower of shit will the masses not vote for

By *zeroMan 6 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Independence day indeed "

If Starmer doesn't do the "We will not go quietly into the night" speech what is even the point in the date.

By *ovelifelovefuntimes OP   Man 6 weeks ago

Where ever I lay my hat

"‘Things, can only get better’"

God knows why they didn't sort that out and also having the PM announce an election while looking like a drowned rat really wasn't a great idea. Starting the campaign getting pissed on which is how I anticipate he will end it.

Manchester (she/her)

"‘Things, can only get better’

God knows why they didn't sort that out and also having the PM announce an election while looking like a drowned rat really wasn't a great idea. Starting the campaign getting pissed on which is how I anticipate he will end it."

Shambles Britain in action.

By *aitonelMan 6 weeks ago

Liverpool

"Independence day indeed

If Starmer doesn't do the "We will not go quietly into the night" speech what is even the point in the date."

Regardless of anything else or who I'd be voting for, that would certainly gain my vote.

I'm a simple man.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 6 weeks ago

Cumbria

"‘Things, can only get better’

God knows why they didn't sort that out and also having the PM announce an election while looking like a drowned rat really wasn't a great idea. Starting the campaign getting pissed on which is how I anticipate he will end it."

It’s one of the very few ways we’re still allowed to protest!

By *ent in BlackMan 6 weeks ago

Silsden

I reckon we’ll have a new PM on the 5th.

Where ever I lay my hat

Will Rishi actually last the campaign?

By *orace99Man 6 weeks ago

York

"The question is which shower of shit will the masses not vote for "

Probably the same one that is in.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"I reckon we’ll have a new PM on the 5th."

Agreed, it won't be Nigel Farage though..

By *aturebarneyMan 6 weeks ago

Sale

Let's hope that the election is fought over issues in this country and not what's happening on the other side of the Mediterranean.

By *valanche1001Man 6 weeks ago

Leeds

I can’t way to see the back of the tories but the prospect of the surge of political bullshit over the next couple of months fills me with dread

Silsden

"I can’t way to see the back of the tories but the prospect of the surge of political bullshit over the next couple of months fills me with dread "

I honestly can’t see how anyone could vote Tory now.

By (user no longer on site) 6 weeks ago

If any proof was needed that its time for the Tories to slink off back under the stone they came from all you have to watch Is Sunaks speech outside number 10.

Cumbria

"I can’t way to see the back of the tories but the prospect of the surge of political bullshit over the next couple of months fills me with dread

I honestly can’t see how anyone could vote Tory now."

People will always find a way.

Silsden

"I can’t way to see the back of the tories but the prospect of the surge of political bullshit over the next couple of months fills me with dread

I honestly can’t see how anyone could vote Tory now.

People will always find a way."

That’s my worry.

By *erri_kissesTV/TS 6 weeks ago

Islington

This should keep the culture wars ticking over nicely until July 4th

By *idnight RamblerMan 6 weeks ago

Pershore

It'll be a much closer race than polls are (currently) suggesting.

Cumbria

"This should keep the culture wars ticking over nicely until July 4th"

Oh they’re going to intensify over the next six weeks, it won’t be a good time to be a benefits claimant, a person with a disability, an immigrant, part of a minority, trans etc.

Manchester (she/her)

"This should keep the culture wars ticking over nicely until July 4th

Oh they’re going to intensify over the next six weeks, it won’t be a good time to be a benefits claimant, a person with a disability, an immigrant, part of a minority, trans etc."

Hopefully a nice little extinction burst of horrible people until a lull in this fucking nonsense.

By *melie LALWoman 6 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Will Rishi actually last the campaign?"

Will the tories? Who else will defect? Who else is stepping down?

Many hopefully.

Peterborough

I honestly can’t see how anyone could vote Tory now."

Not if they have a conscience.

Cumbria

Oh they’re going to intensify over the next six weeks, it won’t be a good time to be a benefits claimant, a person with a disability, an immigrant, part of a minority, trans etc.

Hopefully a nice little extinction burst of horrible people until a lull in this fucking nonsense."

It’s all they have, they can’t run on their record as it’s so incredibly bad. All that’s left is shouting ‘woke’ a lot and blaming the poor/disabled/foreign/trans etc.

By *erri_kissesTV/TS 6 weeks ago

Islington

Oh they’re going to intensify over the next six weeks, it won’t be a good time to be a benefits claimant, a person with a disability, an immigrant, part of a minority, trans etc."

*nods sagely*

Manchester (she/her)

Hopefully a nice little extinction burst of horrible people until a lull in this fucking nonsense.

It’s all they have, they can’t run on their record as it’s so incredibly bad. All that’s left is shouting ‘woke’ a lot and blaming the poor/disabled/foreign/trans etc."

Maybe they should buy a fleshlight, they might feel better.

Cumbria

It’s all they have, they can’t run on their record as it’s so incredibly bad. All that’s left is shouting ‘woke’ a lot and blaming the poor/disabled/foreign/trans etc.

Maybe they should buy a fleshlight, they might feel better."

They could join fab and then cry about why people won’t meet Tories?

By (user no longer on site) 6 weeks ago

“There’s no Justus-Justus”

(John Wagner creator of Judge Dredd)

RISH! Imploring the nation to stay stuck in the shit you know instead of the shit you don’t has to be THE new low in our democratic history

By *ambertMan 6 weeks ago

Cheltenham

Of course it's Fourth of July. I can see the taglines now "British independence day" or some other such drivel.

Just like the promises on a side of the bus.

Manchester (she/her)

Maybe they should buy a fleshlight, they might feel better.

They could join fab and then cry about why people won’t meet Tories?"

They're the only ones who have ever experienced persecution

By *atEvolutionCouple 6 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

This just has me thinking: Will Smith gettin' Jiggy With It.

By *aunchyrabbitsCouple 6 weeks ago

West Dorset

Things can only get wetter

Cumbria

Apparently CCHQ have sent out an email looking for 100 candidates.

The useless fuckers have called an election and don’t even have candidates for 100 seats, but it’s Labour who don’t have a plan

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 6 weeks ago

nearby

Virtual certainty of labour

What are they offering and who’s paying

Rwanda scheme being written off. £290m

‘Uk future outside EU’ says Starmer, £100M a year gone

500,000 new council houses….he says

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"Apparently CCHQ have sent out an email looking for 100 candidates.

The useless fuckers have called an election and don’t even have candidates for 100 seats, but it’s Labour who don’t have a plan "

Maybe they've been concentrating on having conservative councillors planted in workplaces they don't work in wearing hi Vis vests to ask questions to rishi..

Cumbria

"Apparently CCHQ have sent out an email looking for 100 candidates.

The useless fuckers have called an election and don’t even have candidates for 100 seats, but it’s Labour who don’t have a plan

Maybe they've been concentrating on having conservative councillors planted in workplaces they don't work in wearing hi Vis vests to ask questions to rishi.."

They’re an absolute shambles, it’s embarrassing.

By *igNick1381Man 6 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

We've had over a decade of tory bollocks. Now it's time for new, different labour bollocks

It's like being in a gangbang, they might swap out the guy hanging out the back of you, but you're still getting fucked either way

By *otMe66Man 6 weeks ago

Terra Firma

I’ve found the working man’s club of threads

By *owestoft ManMan 6 weeks ago

Lowestoft

I understand the Democracy of how a PM we vote for is then replaced by the party, but I really think it should be one person who we vote for and no changes due to party politics.

But that aside, if that terrible labor (misspelt on purpose) gets into power we certainly will see a difference in our economy, cost of living and health care. Sadly it will go very wrong. So won't be voting for them, vote for any party other than that chaotic group of idiots.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 6 weeks ago

Gilfach

"I understand the Democracy of how a PM we vote for is then replaced by the party ..."

Except that we don't vote for the PM. We vote for our local representative, and the PM gets chosen by the party with the most representatives. That's the way it's been for hundreds of years.

"... if that terrible labor (misspelt on purpose) ..."

What purpose do you have in using the American spelling?

Peterborough

"I understand the Democracy of how a PM we vote for is then replaced by the party, but I really think it should be one person who we vote for and no changes due to party politics.

But that aside, if that terrible labor (misspelt on purpose) gets into power we certainly will see a difference in our economy, cost of living and health care. Sadly it will go very wrong. So won't be voting for them, vote for any party other than that chaotic group of idiots. "

Oh boy. You want more of the same chap then.

Cannot see the logic of some people

Cumbria

"I understand the Democracy of how a PM we vote for is then replaced by the party, but I really think it should be one person who we vote for and no changes due to party politics.

But that aside, if that terrible labor (misspelt on purpose) gets into power we certainly will see a difference in our economy, cost of living and health care. Sadly it will go very wrong. So won't be voting for them, vote for any party other than that chaotic group of idiots. "

Why will it go very wrong?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 6 weeks ago

golden fields

But that aside, if that terrible labor (misspelt on purpose) gets into power we certainly will see a difference in our economy, cost of living and health care. Sadly it will go very wrong. So won't be voting for them, vote for any party other than that chaotic group of idiots.

Why will it go very wrong?"

They'll, prioritise disaster capitalism, divide the country by attacking everyone from foreigners to people who eat tofu, hand lucrative contracts to their pals during times of national emergency, crush the most vulnerable in society with austerity, borrow more money than all previous governments combined, oversee a cost of living crisis, crash the economy by removing us from the largest trading block in the world

Oh, wait.

By *astandFeistyCouple 6 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Why will it go very wrong?

They'll, prioritise disaster capitalism, divide the country by attacking everyone from foreigners to people who eat tofu, hand lucrative contracts to their pals during times of national emergency, crush the most vulnerable in society with austerity, borrow more money than all previous governments combined, oversee a cost of living crisis, crash the economy by removing us from the largest trading block in the world

Oh, wait."

I think you've become a victim of repeating things often enough for it to become the only reality you see.

Rather than bother with it 'going very wrong', I'll ask what do Labour offer us? That's what's important now. No more time for 'they won't give us full policies for Tories to steal'

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 6 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

There's probably a lot of Conservative supporters who have given up voting or who really would rather vote for Labour now.

Where ever I lay my hat

Labour needs to get its manifesto out soon to counter all the no plan rhetoric, need to step up and offer some policies

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 6 weeks ago

golden fields

"There's probably a lot of Conservative supporters who have given up voting or who really would rather vote for Labour now."

Really, why?

By *llie37555Man 6 weeks ago

Market Drayton

"Labour needs to get its manifesto out soon to counter all the no plan rhetoric, need to step up and offer some policies"

Breakfast clubs. Bullish Bridget Phillipson had all the details on Question Time on BBC1, Thursday night. The shadow education secretary was clear.

Peterborough

"Labour needs to get its manifesto out soon to counter all the no plan rhetoric, need to step up and offer some policies

Breakfast clubs. Bullish Bridget Phillipson had all the details on Question Time on BBC1, Thursday night. The shadow education secretary was clear.

"

The six first steps were given on Sunday with LK.

By *otMe66Man 6 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"Labour needs to get its manifesto out soon to counter all the no plan rhetoric, need to step up and offer some policies

The six first steps were given on Sunday with LK."

Bless him, the non-dom loophole must be worth hundreds of billions.

Non-dom's don't leave, we need you

Where ever I lay my hat

"

She was very weak on detail, the only way I can see them not winning a huge majority is if they don't present a really strong change agenda.

By *llie37555Man 5 weeks ago

Market Drayton

The six first steps were given on Sunday with LK."

After a fashion! Wes Streeting couldn't even remember them all. But of course, Labour gaffes don't matter. Let's all talk about the weather. Well, we British are obsessed with it.

By *llie37555Man 5 weeks ago

Market Drayton

The six first steps were given on Sunday with LK.

Bless him, the non-dom loophole must be worth hundreds of billions.

Non-dom's don't leave, we need you "

The things they're going to do closing this loophole and putting Vat on private schools!!!

By *irkby coupleCouple 5 weeks ago

Kirkby

Things can only get better?

How?

I wouldn’t say things are bad now.

Only really 1 of 2 things will happen.

1) Tory win, nothing will change, I don’t think he wants it if I’m honest.

2) Labour will win, nothing will change and in my opinion will get worse before it gets better.

Personally I think something big is around the corner and the Tory’s either want to know if the country are behind them or not.

Either way, no matter what happens, who ever in charge will have the media against them (they always do).

That’s just my opinion.

By *ripfillMan 5 weeks ago

havant

Interesting - our current non elected corrupted PM( oil exploration licences ) in just one instance - will be on the first private jet to the USA to count his billions

The 4th of July works well for his dual citizenship

Tories out !!

By *reddiefunMan 2 weeks ago

Mold

I can't see how anyone could seriously consider voting Labour. Welsh Labour has destroyed Wales and Starmer says it's his blueprint. Please people do some research or we will be out of the frying pan. I didn't vote tory last election btw but feel I have to this time

By *melie LALWoman 2 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I can't see how anyone could seriously consider voting Labour. Welsh Labour has destroyed Wales and Starmer says it's his blueprint. Please people do some research or we will be out of the frying pan. I didn't vote tory last election btw but feel I have to this time "

Utter madness to vote for continued lies, sleaze, nepotism, self serving capitalists.

By *idnight RamblerMan 2 weeks ago

Pershore

"I can't see how anyone could seriously consider voting Labour. Welsh Labour has destroyed Wales and Starmer says it's his blueprint. Please people do some research or we will be out of the frying pan. I didn't vote tory last election btw but feel I have to this time

Utter madness to vote for continued lies, sleaze, nepotism, self serving capitalists."

Fully agree, moreover, the Tories deserve a kicking as a warning to future governments of any colour. I think the original comment referred to Labour's record in Wales, which is indeed dire, and a cautionary warning to anybody getting too enthusiastic about Labour in office.

By *isterBuckMan 2 weeks ago

Birmingham

"I can't see how anyone could seriously consider voting Labour. Welsh Labour has destroyed Wales and Starmer says it's his blueprint. Please people do some research or we will be out of the frying pan. I didn't vote tory last election btw but feel I have to this time

Utter madness to vote for continued lies, sleaze, nepotism, self serving capitalists."

You should frame that comment and keep it on your wall.

See how you feel about it in a few years’ time.

Peterborough

Utter madness to vote for continued lies, sleaze, nepotism, self serving capitalists.

You should frame that comment and keep it on your wall.

See how you feel about it in a few years’ time."

I will feel absolutely good about it. Even if Labour "fail", it is 100% right to get the tories out. The party is in crisis and cannot serve the people. For far too long their infighting has fucked up governing this country. They need to rest and regroup.

Peterborough

Fully agree, moreover, the Tories deserve a kicking as a warning to future governments of any colour. I think the original comment referred to Labour's record in Wales, which is indeed dire, and a cautionary warning to anybody getting too enthusiastic about Labour in office."

If they were purely self governing, then I'd see your point. All roads lead to Westminster and all that.

By *idnight RamblerMan 2 weeks ago

Pershore

Fully agree, moreover, the Tories deserve a kicking as a warning to future governments of any colour. I think the original comment referred to Labour's record in Wales, which is indeed dire, and a cautionary warning to anybody getting too enthusiastic about Labour in office.

If they were purely self governing, then I'd see your point. All roads lead to Westminster and all that."

OMG heaven forbid!! Devolved government is what you get when parish counsellors run a country. Get past dog-fouling and they're out of their depth.

By *iman2100Man 2 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Virtual certainty of labour

500,000 new council houses….he says "

Sunak is going to cure cancer as a pledge! Just how low can you go?

Peterborough

If they were purely self governing, then I'd see your point. All roads lead to Westminster and all that.

OMG heaven forbid!! Devolved government is what you get when parish counsellors run a country. Get past dog-fouling and they're out of their depth."

Well that's a point in itself, which proves you cannot compare devolved governing to Westminister

Peterborough

"Virtual certainty of labour

500,000 new council houses….he says

Sunak is going to cure cancer as a pledge! Just how low can you go? "

Just how narcissistic can you get

» Add a new message to this topic