FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Is Johnson gearing up for an election?

Is Johnson gearing up for an election?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The reshuffle seemed timed to take headlines away from the Tories trying to cut £20 a week from those most in need and the plan to up NI tax, doubly fucking the poor.

But the reshuffle also moved on Raab after he fucked off on holiday when he knew Afghanistan was likely to fall. It also booted out Williamson, known for his series of fuck ups over GCSEs and Alevels. And it booted out Jenrick, linked indelibly to indefensible corruption. So it rather feels like some of the most obvious targets for opposition parties have hastily been removed.

Plus, we're likely to see more and more Brexit damage incoming. More empty shelves. Rising energy costs. I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson wants to get an election done before all of that really bites hard.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ocGMan  over a year ago

Leicesters

in short yes he is, this winter is going to be a shit show with fresh food shortages and brexit beginning to bite, also there is the upcoming pressure on the NHS that will cause chaos, can't be easily fixed because you can't develop skills that are needed overnight. NHS unions are preparing to ballot members for industrial action. Johnson knows if he can keep riding the vaccination wave and distract from brexit and increase in inflation by banging on about pounds and ounces he might just win

"in short yes he is, this winter is going to be a shit show with fresh food shortages and brexit beginning to bite, also there is the upcoming pressure on the NHS that will cause chaos, can't be easily fixed because you can't develop skills that are needed overnight. NHS unions are preparing to ballot members for industrial action. Johnson knows if he can keep riding the vaccination wave and distract from brexit and increase in inflation by banging on about pounds and ounces he might just win "

I'd say who the hell would still vote for Johnson after everything he's done and said?

But, sadly, I've read the fab forums...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"in short yes he is, this winter is going to be a shit show with fresh food shortages and brexit beginning to bite, also there is the upcoming pressure on the NHS that will cause chaos, can't be easily fixed because you can't develop skills that are needed overnight. NHS unions are preparing to ballot members for industrial action. Johnson knows if he can keep riding the vaccination wave and distract from brexit and increase in inflation by banging on about pounds and ounces he might just win

I'd say who the hell would still vote for Johnson after everything he's done and said?

But, sadly, I've read the fab forums..."

Problem is, what's the alternative?

"in short yes he is, this winter is going to be a shit show with fresh food shortages and brexit beginning to bite, also there is the upcoming pressure on the NHS that will cause chaos, can't be easily fixed because you can't develop skills that are needed overnight. NHS unions are preparing to ballot members for industrial action. Johnson knows if he can keep riding the vaccination wave and distract from brexit and increase in inflation by banging on about pounds and ounces he might just win

Problem is, what's the alternative? "

Seriously? Any party apart from the Tories, at this point.

"The reshuffle seemed timed to take headlines away from the Tories trying to cut £20 a week from those most in need and the plan to up NI tax, doubly fucking the poor.

But the reshuffle also moved on Raab after he fucked off on holiday when he knew Afghanistan was likely to fall. It also booted out Williamson, known for his series of fuck ups over GCSEs and Alevels. And it booted out Jenrick, linked indelibly to indefensible corruption. So it rather feels like some of the most obvious targets for opposition parties have hastily been removed.

Plus, we're likely to see more and more Brexit damage incoming. More empty shelves. Rising energy costs. I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson wants to get an election done before all of that really bites hard.

"

Its surprising, but this is the exact position Gordon Brown was in when labour were in power, they were riding high then the Banking Crisis happened, he didn’t call an election soon enought, then they lost.

So i think the current PM might call it sooner than we think to stave off the possibility a crushing election defeat as all the proverbial chickens come home to roost.

"The reshuffle seemed timed to take headlines away from the Tories trying to cut £20 a week from those most in need and the plan to up NI tax, doubly fucking the poor.

Its surprising, but this is the exact position Gordon Brown was in when labour were in power, they were riding high then the Banking Crisis happened, he didn’t call an election soon enought, then they lost.

So i think the current PM might call it sooner than we think to stave off the possibility a crushing election defeat as all the proverbial chickens come home to roost."

Agreed. I think he'll likely call one before Xmas. That's the period when potential food shortages especially will look really, really bad for him. So I bet he'll wanna pre-empt that.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Next GE will be early 2023.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Boris wont be calling an election before xmas i know some wish he would but he wont be,but hold tight a few on here have been saying he will quit this year myself i think thats just wishfull thinking,and the postwr saying anyone at this point is better than the torys obviously knows the only other party who ever gets anywhere near the amount of votes needed are labour and at momment they not even told there own party what they stand for let alone everyone else,im afraid we have this bunch of clowns for another cpl of years before you get a chance to replace them with another bunch of clowns

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

It was reported last week that . . .

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/09/15/exclusive-get-ready-general-election-says-oliver-dowden/

In around 20 months it's reported.

So. It will be between the Conservatives and the Greens then lol.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

In 20 months the conservatives will have someone else running the show in an effort to revitalise the voter base. Expect a few quick token hits and triumphant victories beforehand and they may win again.

Then watch the carnage unfold on here.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

"In 20 months the conservatives will have someone else running the show in an effort to revitalise the voter base. Expect a few quick token hits and triumphant victories beforehand and they may win again.

Then watch the carnage unfold on here. "

Well. Love them or hate them it would take an alien invasion to stop them winning with the current state of the opposition parties.

We may yet be ruled by Ming the Merciless - otherwise it will be the usual, usual.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

no way will there be a GE this year.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Broadstairs

You read social media and you would think that most people are on the left ? But the left never hardly ever win in a General Election and they won’t win in the next one

borehamwood

"You read social media and you would think that most people are on the left ? But the left never hardly ever win in a General Election and they won’t win in the next one "
this is why i dont do faceache or twatter the people on there think they are the majority of the country when in reality there a very small portion on the country

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"You read social media and you would think that most people are on the left ? But the left never hardly ever win in a General Election and they won’t win in the next one this is why i dont do faceache or twatter the people on there think they are the majority of the country when in reality there a very small portion on the country"
Im the same mate im not interested in fake news or rumours.

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Far far away

"

Has Brexit also caused many European countries food shortages and HGV driver numbers low, oh yeah and rising gas/energy prices? Please yes Brexit was handled badly but it can't be blamed for everything. It certainly can't be blamed for Russia having reduced gas output creating the Europe wide issue on energy.

Broadstairs

"You read social media and you would think that most people are on the left ? But the left never hardly ever win in a General Election and they won’t win in the next one this is why i dont do faceache or twatter the people on there think they are the majority of the country when in reality there a very small portion on the country"
So true you would think they would get it that the left is quite unpopular in England and just don’t win in General Elections

borehamwood

"You read social media and you would think that most people are on the left ? But the left never hardly ever win in a General Election and they won’t win in the next one this is why i dont do faceache or twatter the people on there think they are the majority of the country when in reality there a very small portion on the country So true you would think they would get it that the left is quite unpopular in England and just don’t win in General Elections "
but they won the argument whatever the fuck that means

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

I’d vote communist right now to weaken this shower . It’s got to stop .

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"no way will there be a GE this year."

This is true

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

If there is an election I'm fucked if I know who I could vote for. Obviously I'd rather disembowel myself than put my cross against a party that is run by the current bunch of criminals. Unfortunately labour have spent the last ten years searching for every possible way to make themselves unelectable, most recently (and personally for myself) coming out as being more institutionally transphobic than the conservatives.

If only the SNP would adopt the North-West as being honorary Scottish and promise to take us with them when the union finally falls apart, then they would do for me. Maybe I need to think about moving north before the wall is rebuilt and the border posts are erected.

I suppose that it'll have to be the greens. I've not always been enamoured with all their policies, but at least they're not as shitty as the main parties of England. And I guess that when the waters start to rise, and Westminster is submerged by the Thames, they should be able to pick up a few "told you so" points from the voters...

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"If there is an election I'm fucked if I know who I could vote for. Obviously I'd rather disembowel myself than put my cross against a party that is run by the current bunch of criminals. Unfortunately labour have spent the last ten years searching for every possible way to make themselves unelectable, most recently (and personally for myself) coming out as being more institutionally transphobic than the conservatives.

If only the SNP would adopt the North-West as being honorary Scottish and promise to take us with them when the union finally falls apart, then they would do for me. Maybe I need to think about moving north before the wall is rebuilt and the border posts are erected.

I suppose that it'll have to be the greens. I've not always been enamoured with all their policies, but at least they're not as shitty as the main parties of England. And I guess that when the waters start to rise, and Westminster is submerged by the Thames, they should be able to pick up a few "told you so" points from the voters..."

You might want to check-in on what the SNP Gov have actually done in Scotland, before you wish that upon the good people of the North West. I might also suggest that moving north of Gretna would most definitely be jumping from the frying pan into the fire...

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

And who's going to pay for it.

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

I dont think Boris is planning on moving for some time after spending all that money on wallpaper

By *ocGMan  over a year ago

Leicesters

https://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2021/07/23/why-the-government-is-lying-when-it-says-it-cannot-afford-pay-awards-for-the-nhs-and-the-police/

Further research by the London Econnomic has determinted that by improving the pay of the public sector then there will be more money going into the local eccomony supporting private businesses. A much better model I'm sure you'll agree than massive tax breaks to wealthy companies where the profits are hidden off shore (to avoid tax)

"You read social media and you would think that most people are on the left ? But the left never hardly ever win in a General Election and they won’t win in the next one this is why i dont do faceache or twatter the people on there think they are the majority of the country when in reality there a very small portion on the country So true you would think they would get it that the left is quite unpopular in England and just don’t win in General Elections "

Would you say that labour, Lib Dem’s and the greens are all ‘left ‘

By *rauntonbananaMan  over a year ago

Braunton

Brexit, brexit, Brexit… suck and tired of I’m biased remained blame it on everything..the cost of living is increasing globally because guess what, we had a global pandemic. There is a huge shortage of skilled workers and HGV drivers in the beloved EU, who you going to blame for that!!!

Broadstairs

"You read social media and you would think that most people are on the left ? But the left never hardly ever win in a General Election and they won’t win in the next one this is why i dont do faceache or twatter the people on there think they are the majority of the country when in reality there a very small portion on the country So true you would think they would get it that the left is quite unpopular in England and just don’t win in General Elections

Would you say that labour, Lib Dem’s and the greens are all ‘left ‘ "

Yes

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Is this the Labour party wishful thinking thread?

By *exywheelsCouple  over a year ago

inverness

Would he not have to cancel the fixed term parliament act first??

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"Would he not have to cancel the fixed term parliament act first??"

- Dissolution and Calling of Parliament Bill is currently in The Lords having passed third reading in The Commons last week.

» Add a new message to this topic