FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > Dark mode

Dark mode

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eswguy OP   Man 10 weeks ago

Tynemouth

Is getting a dark mode for the site possible.? Phone lights up like the sun at night when browsing

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andi_kinkygramTV/TS 10 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Most web browsers now have an inbuilt night mode or dark mode that can be enabled in settings.

tc

Cx

By *eandmrsjones69Couple 10 weeks ago

Middle England

"Most web browsers now have an inbuilt night mode or dark mode that can be enabled in settings.

tc

Cx"

What a faff; that's if you can get it to work. Then as it's system wide you have to turn it on/off depending on if you want/need dark mode for other sites. It's 2024! Why not implement it via a css (stylesheet) change on the site?

By *ucka39Man 10 weeks ago

Newcastle

"Most web browsers now have an inbuilt night mode or dark mode that can be enabled in settings.

tc

Cx

What a faff; that's if you can get it to work. Then as it's system wide you have to turn it on/off depending on if you want/need dark mode for other sites. It's 2024! Why not implement it via a css (stylesheet) change on the site?"

It's just as easy to adjust light by scrolling down from the device downwards if it's too bright

By *ingfisher83Man 10 weeks ago

Soton | Fareham | Portsmouth | Chichester

"Is getting a dark mode for the site possible.? Phone lights up like the sun at night when browsing"

This is something I asked admin on here a few months ago and was quickly shot down by other users telling me to change my phone settings. As you say it should be a straightforward style format change in the web programming shouldn’t it?!

By *ucka39Man 10 weeks ago

Newcastle

"Is getting a dark mode for the site possible.? Phone lights up like the sun at night when browsing

This is something I asked admin on here a few months ago and was quickly shot down by other users telling me to change my phone settings. As you say it should be a straightforward style format change in the web programming shouldn’t it?!"

That's why most devices have the dark mode feature so a person is able to set obviously if the device is compatible

By *andi_kinkygramTV/TS 10 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"Is getting a dark mode for the site possible.? Phone lights up like the sun at night when browsing

This is something I asked admin on here a few months ago and was quickly shot down by other users telling me to change my phone settings. As you say it should be a straightforward style format change in the web programming shouldn’t it?!"

I don't think by suggesting use of browser settings ppl are necessarily disagreeing with your proposition to use a different style sheet. It is however a pragmatic solution to use the browser settings given the lack of interest to date in developing this much requested feature.

tc

Cx

By *D3!Man 9 weeks ago

Cheltenham

Would definitely appreciate a proper dark mode too, even in dark mode on chrome the baulk of the page is still white with black text

By *ucka39Man 9 weeks ago

Newcastle

"Would definitely appreciate a proper dark mode too, even in dark mode on chrome the baulk of the page is still white with black text"

You could always turn down the brightness by scrolling down on the device, it's quick and easy then keep changing dark mode for everything that you use

By *opeycool100Man 9 weeks ago

Morley

Doesn't matter I still fall asleep watching it ??

By *illnatMan 9 weeks ago

wherever i need to be

My phone is in dark mode but fab always appears bright white. I just adjust the phone brightness but yeh it should be easy enough to have a dark mode. Would help stop my migraines.

By *andi_kinkygramTV/TS 9 weeks ago

Edinburgh

The night mode on the opera browser turns the fab site background to black, might be worth a try.

tc

Cx

By *ome a little bit closerMan 9 weeks ago

Out 'n' About

Chrome browser can force dark mode on all sites, which I prefer as my phone is in dark mode wherever possible, so it can make this, and all websites dark, even if they don't support a dark mode.

Type chrome://flags/ into the address bar, find the option for dark mode and enable it.

There's a few buggy parts, but it works fine on the whole

By *ophieslutTV/TS 9 weeks ago

Central

Lots of feature requests that have been waited on for years, have no workaround. Fab also runs on a limited budget and so development and changes are limited. As such, it makes sense to prioritise highly demanded changes that have no possibility of alternatives useable by anyone.

This feature is the opposite, as everyone can make a change in their web browser, taking less than a minute. Thus nobody is having to do without anything.

By *iss.Bella.Woman 9 weeks ago

North Wales

If using android use the Samsung internet browser rather than chrome. Another user pointed this out recently and has been a good send. You may have to set the Samsung internet browser to dark mode, but as I only use it for fab it makes no difference to me

By *onicZMan 9 weeks ago

Nottinghamshire

Using opera mobile here

You can also set dark mode per site with it although I found it clunky so gave up

» Add a new message to this topic