FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Mobile Web App feedback > how to take the app off of a iPhone

how to take the app off of a iPhone

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *manteuk OP   Man  over a year ago

surrey

I'm not keen and want to remove it but I'm having difficulty, anyone help?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/05/12 11:26:31]

Remove app off home screen easy hold the app with your finger till you see a an X symbol then hold the X symbol to remove.

* cReEpS rOunD cRyPt * -I-

By *rDiscretion4UMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

on reading through the posts i can see lots of confusion over "The App" part of this is I think coming about simply through the wrong terminology ... this isnt an app as such as in it isnt installed via the Apple App Store or Google Play on Android devices.. its simply a mobile browser based version of the website with cut down features and a simplified interface for a smaller desktop/lower resolution of a smartfone screen ... it isnt an app as such ... hope this helps clear up confusion a little.. ive had frinds trying to find it in the app store on Apple.. try getting that approved through the Apple developer network ...ppffttttt

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"on reading through the posts i can see lots of confusion over "The App" part of this is I think coming about simply through the wrong terminology ... this isnt an app as such as in it isnt installed via the Apple App Store or Google Play on Android devices.. its simply a mobile browser based version of the website with cut down features and a simplified interface for a smaller desktop/lower resolution of a smartfone screen ... it isnt an app as such ... hope this helps clear up confusion a little.. ive had frinds trying to find it in the app store on Apple.. try getting that approved through the Apple developer network ...ppffttttt "

I think he just means how to remove the shortcut icon from his home screen which has been explained above

I think what he means is that regardless of whether you delete the home screen icon or not once your iPhone has accessed the site via the mobile site it will automatically default to this view every time you log on.

So far the only way I can see to stop this is to use the log on to full site link and clear down all you history and cache.

Must do that. I prefer the desktop version and my phone keeps giving me the 'app' version x

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

If you hit the "desktop site" link at the bottom of the home screen it'll take you back to the desktop site when you next come back on.

Well, it does for me

"If you hit the "desktop site" link at the bottom of the home screen it'll take you back to the desktop site when you next come back on.

Well, it does for me"

It does do that but for some people their

iPhone "remembers" the mobile version when they next visit the site unless they clear down the history and cache in their safari settings.

By *exy bumsCouple  over a year ago

doncaster

If you view it google or Firefox you can just switch it only stores it in your cache if you view in safari download Firefox or google app

» Add a new message to this topic