FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Meet Requests and Parties > Lancashire (Preston) Social

Lancashire (Preston) Social

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *himp_Kitten OP   Couple  over a year ago

Preston

Hello to the Fab community!

We are contemplating a Lancashire social to be held in Preston, this is by no means a definite but we wanted to put the feelers out to gauge the interest and see if it's worth trying to organise something.

The date again isn't set in stone but we are looking at either the first Saturday in May or June

The venue would be a city centre bar which has a private function room to hire, the venue would be ours for a good portion of the evening / night before the doors are opened to others around 11pm.

We would likely have a small fee in place to cover the hire of the venue and other costs that we may occur such as DJ. We estimate somewhere around 2 or 3 pound per person.

The evening would be open to Couples and single females with single male numbers limited in relation to the amount of couples and single females attending.

We are hoping to speak to the local club (Entice) and see if they would be willing to host an after party with incentives for those attending the social.

Preston has a good amount of hotels at very reasonable prices, plenty of bars and restaurants to sample and great transport links so hopefully we can tempt others from further afield to join us. The evening would be about getting like minded individuals together to enjoy a chat, drink and dance. If the interest is there then we will do our best to organise it.

Chimp and Kitten xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iversong321Woman  over a year ago

Preston/Merseyside

There is a blackpool social organised for May. You may want to avoid those dates to maximise your chance of people attending. I know people have tried with Preston in the past with limited success, however it may now be better with club Entice being open. Good luck x

Preston

Thanks very much for the heads up on that one, we did notice the Blackpool one after posting so it would likely be June. And that's kind of what we're hoping, fingers crossed we can get some interest with the fact there's now a venue in the city for people to continue the night with. x

By *ans2222Man  over a year ago

blackpool

I would attend a social in Preston. Btw the blackpool social is more of a event over a weekend Most people attending are from a long way out of the area I think .

By *iversong321Woman  over a year ago

Preston/Merseyside

"I would attend a social in Preston. Btw the blackpool social is more of a event over a weekend Most people attending are from a long way out of the area I think . "

A few locals attend as well. Best to give the heads up so plans can be made.

Preston

Thanks for the info, had a few bits of interest from direct messages. It would be great to be able to get something sorted. Appreciate Preston doesn't have the numbers like Manchester or Liverpool but hopefully we can tempt enough people out for an evening. x

By *ayfordMan  over a year ago

Colne

I would be very interested in attending a social in Preston

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Iam up for this

By *wiceasnice2Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Hello to the Fab community!

We are contemplating a Lancashire social to be held in Preston, this is by no means a definite but we wanted to put the feelers out to gauge the interest and see if it's worth trying to organise something.

The date again isn't set in stone but we are looking at either the first Saturday in May or June

The venue would be a city centre bar which has a private function room to hire, the venue would be ours for a good portion of the evening / night before the doors are opened to others around 11pm.

We would likely have a small fee in place to cover the hire of the venue and other costs that we may occur such as DJ. We estimate somewhere around 2 or 3 pound per person.

The evening would be open to Couples and single females with single male numbers limited in relation to the amount of couples and single females attending.

We are hoping to speak to the local club (Entice) and see if they would be willing to host an after party with incentives for those attending the social.

Preston has a good amount of hotels at very reasonable prices, plenty of bars and restaurants to sample and great transport links so hopefully we can tempt others from further afield to join us. The evening would be about getting like minded individuals together to enjoy a chat, drink and dance. If the interest is there then we will do our best to organise it.

Chimp and Kitten xx

"

Preston

Thanks for the interest so far, we shall see if we can drum up some more support for a Preston social and take it from there xx

By *heekyDannyMan  over a year ago

Preston

Count me in x

By *.L.A.M. party profile xxCouple  over a year ago

manchester

We will put something in club and on here, see if we can get some interest. Xxx

Preston

"We will put something in club and on here, see if we can get some interest. Xxx "

You're good un's, we've not had chance to try drum up support this week due to both being in work at odd times but hopefully the next few days we will be able to start messaging a few couples and see if we can get some people interested. Preston just seems to be so stubborn when it comes to socials, we need to give Manchester, Leeds, and Liverpool a run for their money!

Possible depending on date ect

Preston

"Possible depending on date ect "

Going to see how we get on the next couple of weeks interest wise then set a date if it looks like there's enough interest to make it a good night. Had a good few pm's so it's a good start x

We would be interested in attending this ..

By *hedo69Man  over a year ago

Lostock Hall

Pencil me in also.....

By *av1970Man  over a year ago

Tattershall

Would have been interested but head back South during May.

Attended the last Preston one organised by the two ladies and was a good night if limited numbers. I note one of the chaps from that night also has a thread up trying to organise something, may be worth chatting.

I know folks mentioned Blackpool but also be aware big Manchester social in early June I believe.

I might be back during June for potential Aussie Floyd visit so will keep track.

By *ltimate HotwifeCouple  over a year ago

northwest

Depending on dates I am up for this

Preston

"Would have been interested but head back South during May.

Attended the last Preston one organised by the two ladies and was a good night if limited numbers. I note one of the chaps from that night also has a thread up trying to organise something, may be worth chatting.

I know folks mentioned Blackpool but also be aware big Manchester social in early June I believe.

I might be back during June for potential Aussie Floyd visit so will keep track."

Thanks very much for the info and the interest, we shall keep an eye on the other socials to see if we can pick a date that doesn't clash and increase the chance of getting this off the ground as a proper social. We have to tip our hats to anyone who's giving it a go, Preston is a hard sell but we know there's plenty of amazing people near by, we just have to convince them to come out and play!

Preston

"Depending on dates I am up for this "

You're very very welcome

Aslong as it's not the weekend of the 8th June we'll come ?? can't turn down a few drinks on our own doorstep.

By *ussy hunters 69Couple  over a year ago

love island

We would be up for this depending on dates....keep us in the loop x

Watching with interest, would be good to have a social. Thanks for organising.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

We would be interested if the date works out for us

Preston

Thanks to all of the above for the interest. We are going to speak to the venue this week to confirm availability and see what they can do date wise. Had a good amount of interest so far so it could be on the cards xx

By *B1000Couple  over a year ago

North Lakes and Manchester

depending on the date but we would be interested xxx

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

Hi op!

There’s a Manchester social that I’m attending on 2nd June. If it didn’t clash with that - then I’d certainly be interested!

I would be interested in this, enjoyed the last preston social! Just depends on dates

By *andj2011Couple  over a year ago

Nr Manchester

Hi there, totally agree would be good to try something around Preston... again date dependent we would be up for it x

By *andS4funCouple  over a year ago

Lancashire

Hi there, it would be great to have a social in Preston. We would be interested if the date works for us and June would be better for us or end of May. Good luck with organising and good on you for doing so. Xxx

Hey I'd be very interested in this please

I also attended the last preston social which was great.

Preston

Thanks for the interest from all of the above, we've had a good few pm's about it as well so looking good so far. Next step is to try and get a definitive date. Will update as soon as possible with this.

Do you have a venue in mind at this moment?

Preston

"Do you have a venue in mind at this moment? "

We have 3 possible city centres venues in mind that we have just made enquiries with.

All offer a private space and are centrally located for people who may wish to travel.

Hopefully one of the three will suit our needs.

"Do you have a venue in mind at this moment?

We have 3 possible city centres venues in mind that we have just made enquiries with.

All offer a private space and are centrally located for people who may wish to travel.

Hopefully one of the three will suit our needs. "

Sounds like things are coming together. What capacity are you looking for?

Preston

"Do you have a venue in mind at this moment?

Hopefully one of the three will suit our needs.

Sounds like things are coming together. What capacity are you looking for? "

At the moment the 3 venues range from a more cosy 50 - 100 to one capable of 300+ We don't think we'd need anything that big but it's always good to keep options open so we've approached all 3 to see if they're available. Hopefully we will then be in a position to give a rough guess numbers wise and pick the most appropriate venue.

Hats off to this couple for trying to make this happen. We will definitley support and be there if dates work... fingers crossed . xx

Hi We would be interested in a a Preston Social. Let us know when more details are sorted, thanks.

Defo want to try preston

By *oldarkxxxMan  over a year ago

Warrington

I would love an invite to this event please

Prestonish

Do we have a date yet Op?

Preston

"Do we have a date yet Op? "

Just waiting on our preferred venue to get back to us with availability and any associated hire costs etc. Hopefully we should know by the weekend at the latest

I’d try my best to make it. Dates dependant as Peachy mentioned due to the Manchester forum social.

Good We need to make plans can You suggest Hotels when the Dates confirmed please

Preston

"Good We need to make plans can You suggest Hotels when the Dates confirmed please "

Once we get a confirmed from the venue and the date cemented in we will create another forum post to get a proper list etc, we will make sure we pop a list of hotels on there as well as any other useful info for those making a trip of it x

Sounds good , will keep an eye open for dates

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

Depending on dates I would be interested in this

Great

By *r BronnerMan  over a year ago

Near Chester Area

Again depending on dates, I would be interested in attending,

By *ntriguedx2Couple  over a year ago

wigan

Sounds great depending on dates

By *ans2222Man  over a year ago

blackpool

Sounds like plenty of sexy people want to attend a preston social and with a great new club entice opening up in Preston everything should be GO for a great social.

Why don't we try and use Entice club for the social . I am sure the owners would be happy to hold thd social at their club. It would be good advert for them )

By *hriste69Couple  over a year ago

ormskirk

Sounds like this could be great

Preston

Hello all just a quick update, we visited two of the venues last weekend and they didn't tick the box. One in the centre which is a popular bar was fantastic but the layout and size wasn't really suited to host a social. And sadly the other wasn't available throughout June due to a refurb of the function space. We still have a thrid option which hopefully will be the winner and we're seeing that Friday so fingers crossed we can actually sort it. Sorry for the lack of updates but we've been away with work etc so it's been slow progress and Fab has been on the back burner. xx

I’m sure it will be all worth it once we’re all at the bar of the right venue.

Good luck both and thanks for keeping us in the loop

We will keep watching

Xxxbibaxxx

By *uicy2sumCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 20/03/18 17:13:15]

By *uicy2sumCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

We are looking forward to this!!

By *igerlilycubWoman  over a year ago

Lancashire

Sounds good depending on the date

Any updates on the date?

By *restonknight69Man  over a year ago

Blackpool

What’s the update on this? This is something a little overdue for Preston. Last one was in November. Well up for another one.

Prestonish

"What’s the update on this? This is something a little overdue for Preston. Last one was in November. Well up for another one. "

Sadly it seems to have died a death! Xx

Preston

Sorry folks we haven't given up on it. We just underestimated how hard it would be to find a suitable venue in a place like Preston then work and a holiday got in the way. We're still determined to get this sorted in one form or another and will be taking up the reigns again in the coming week once a busy spell of work is out of the way.

Blackpool

Great. Glad to hear. If u want some help with venues or anything drop me a message. X

By *urvyLanxCoupleCouple  over a year ago

chorley

If this gets arranged we would be up for it! How about holding at Entice as someone else has suggested?

Blackpool

Sounds gd but for a social maybe a simple meet in town in one bar then go to another bar or two and then to entice later in the evening. Good chance for those who have never been to a club or a little hesitant to go to a club to meet like minded people in a more relaxed/ night out feel environment. Then those who wish to go to the club or join us at the club can do so. Best of both worlds perhaps???

This would be great for us, we’ve not plucked up courage to visit a club yet so it’d be good to go with a few others after a couple of drinks! X

Lancashire

Watching this with interest. OP Chimp if you think we can help in anyway pm us x

By *horley GirlWoman  over a year ago

Local-ish

Sounds interesting

By *laytime69Couple  over a year ago

morecambe

Any closer to arranging a date as we’d be definitely interested especially with a visit to Entice afterwards ?

Preston

Heading to another venue this Friday to see if we can finally find one suitable that won't charge the earth. We had an offer of a free venue in a fantastic city centre location but sadly it wouldn't really suit, it would hold a maximum of around 40 people but it was split into two levels so not great for actually socialising.

We've sent another two emails to two other venues to see if they can offer a private space / room and if it would be suitable. If they can we will try and view it at the weekend if we're able and hopefully finally find the elusive venue.

Once we have a venue we can set a date and get this thing moving.

"Heading to another venue this Friday to see if we can finally find one suitable that won't charge the earth. We had an offer of a free venue in a fantastic city centre location but sadly it wouldn't really suit, it would hold a maximum of around 40 people but it was split into two levels so not great for actually socialising.

We've sent another two emails to two other venues to see if they can offer a private space / room and if it would be suitable. If they can we will try and view it at the weekend if we're able and hopefully finally find the elusive venue.

Once we have a venue we can set a date and get this thing moving."

??cool

By *ooby69Couple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Yes we would be interested, depending on the date.

Preston

Ok it took a little more effort than we originally anticipated but it looks like we've found a suitable venue that's perfect for a social.

We're going to check the calendar later this evening and see if we can book it. Saturday June the 16th seems to be the front runner at this moment in time. We'd love to get as many people there as possible and hopefully make it a regular(ish) social.

We shall update you all again very soon xxxxx

Blackpool

June 16th sounds good to me.

Prestonish

Think that’s my child free weekend! I’m in!

By *ltimate HotwifeCouple  over a year ago

northwest

I'm in xx

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

Sounds like a winner to me too

Hopefully we can make this xx

By *ueenandworkerbeeCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Sounds like a plan to us! Xx

Count me in :D

Prestonish

"Count me in :D"

Oh hello!

Cumbria

That's sounds a good date for us..

Us too

Lancashire

We will see if we can get a babysitter for June 16th

By *op2Couple  over a year ago

North west

By *ashy419Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Count me in

By *oldarkxxxMan  over a year ago

Warrington

Love to attend the social add me to the list please

Preston

Just awaiting confirmation from the venue. Once we have it we will confirm on here and start a new thread with all the details on x

I would love.to attend

By *eedee36Couple  over a year ago

Haslingden

Sounds like fun!! So count us in xx

By *eedee36Couple  over a year ago

Haslingden

"Sounds like fun!! So count us in xx "

We would love to attend babysitter permitting!!

By *roadmindMan  over a year ago

preston

Count me in

By *4tCouple  over a year ago

warrington

waiting for the date, love a social xx

Blackpool

How is this coming along chimp kitten.

By *awklord69Man  over a year ago

Bridgnorth

Also interested and am happy to keep checking the forum posts, thanks

By *exyNixCouple  over a year ago

Preston

Can you pencil us in please x

Preston

Hey

Well we have a venue that will accommodate us, but we have to be honest they're not the quickest to respond. Annoyingly all the correspondence is by email and it appears they only check them at the weekends. It's likely our target date will have to be pushed back as they've still not confirmed availability for June. So far it's the only town centre private venue we've managed to find that's suitable or we'd have gone elsewhere. They are (if they ever confirm a date) willing to give us full use of the venue free of charge as long as there's 40+ guests. This will be from around 7pm until around 11pm. We know the venue from previous visits and it would be perfect in terms of environment and the ability to socialise so we're doing our best to see it through. If we're honest we never thought it would be this much work to find somewhere for a bunch of slightly naughty people to get a drink together.

Apologies to everyone who's shown an interest but we can assure you the lack of action on here doesn't reflect the constant attempts to get a response in the real world. Work and pre arranged social commitments has stopped us physically being able to go to the venue since initially messaging but hopefully the next response from the venue may provide a direct number which we requested so we can contact the manager / booking staff directly this weekend and get it finalised.

We really want this to happen but our eyes have certainly been opened to the complexity of sorting a social out in Preston!

Thankfully we're stubborn so it's going to go ahead even if we have to build a bloody bar!

x

Preston

Oddly we have just received a response with said direct number! Hmmmm wonder if the venue owner is on fab?

Sadly the venue can not do the date we pencilled in and due to the time frame it would be less than a months notice for people to sort plans so we're going to pick an alternative date to give people enough notice.

Sooooo we're taking a shot at the 28th of July. It's a bit further back than planned but it's better to give people enough notice and get (hopefully) a good attendance and make it something worthwhile. Fingers crossed if we make it a good turn out then the venue will have us back and we can get another social on the cards for people. We can't see any major events on for that date other than the Newcastle social. Any one see any issues? Sorry if it's not suitable for some but we're a little limited date wise due to our work commitments etc.

Blackpool

[Removed by poster at 10/05/18 18:17:13]

By *av1970Man  over a year ago

Tattershall

Might need to pop back for this social....make a weekend of it lol is date confirmed and will you be starting a new thread as mentioned earlier?

Preston

Not confirmed yet, just making sure we've not suggested a date with any major conflicts. If it seems ok we're going to make the call tomorrow and try and finally get it confirmed.

Hooray!! In need of a good night out do fingers crossed xx

By *horleymale997Man  over a year ago

Chorley

I can do 28th july and would be interested im attending!!

Lancashire

Cool, we'll see if we can get a babysitter for July 28 ! xxx

Prestonish

Think im at the newcastle social then guys - but hope you all have a fabulous time!

Preston

Unfortunately we struggled with dates and we knew it clashed with the Newcastle one. Hopefully we can make this the start of a regular social and fingers crossed avoid future clashes.

Hopefully it will come together! Enjoy the Newcastle social though we've heard its a great one x

28th good 4 us xx stick us on the list

By *shisabu1000Man  over a year ago

Ashton

Count me in. I can do the 28th

Blackpool

Going to miss this I’m away that weekend. Hope so t is a regular thing.

By *laytime69Couple  over a year ago

morecambe

Darn it at Kendal calling that weekend, hopefully next time x

That's even better for us

Cumbria

Oh what a shame will not be able to attend , but hope to be others. ADAM/LUCY

Preston

Ok the venue has confirmed, we're all booked in for the 28th of July. We will start a new thread and post the link shortly xx

By *nticing DuoCouple  over a year ago

manchester

"Ok the venue has confirmed, we're all booked in for the 28th of July. We will start a new thread and post the link shortly xx"

Preston

The official list is now up and running

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/meets/757658#message_16434113

By *aneioCouple  over a year ago

Preston

add us to the list please

» Add a new message to this topic