FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Meet Requests and Parties > LEEDS SOCIAL 2 JUNE - REASON FOR CANCELLATION

LEEDS SOCIAL 2 JUNE - REASON FOR CANCELLATION

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eliableand sexy OP   Couple  over a year ago

LEEDS

Spoke to the "venue" - the Faversham -

who were "meant" to have hosted last Friday evening's Leeds Social.

The event was cancelled at the last minute despite the fact that a guest list of up to at least 100 persons had been arranged and many Fabbers had arranged hotel accommodation etc.

The reality re the cancellation was follows. After April's Leeds Social - held for the first time at the Faversham - Carrie - our Fab organiser - mentioned to the Fav's Events Manager that she may look to host the next Leeds Social at the same venue. The Faversham said that would be fine, but in order to arrange staff etc they would need written confirmation of the date, approx numbers and payment of a deposit.

After April, Carrie allegedly made no further contact with the venue. The first that the Faversham knew that "an event" had been organised by Carrie was when a DJ arrived on Friday (late ?) afternoon asking for access to the events room in order to set up his equipment.

The Faversham Events Manager was understandably bemused and shortly thereafter received a call from Carrie. She was apparently rude and abusive. The venue said that they had heard nothing from Carrie for several weeks and thus it was far too late to arrange for staff to attend etc at such short notice. If she had even let them know even just 1-2 days beforehand then they may have been able to accommodate her wishes.

An hour or so later Carrie did re-contact the venue and apologised for her inappropriate outburst and said that the event was in the alternative to be held at the Parkside Tavern. As an act of immense good faith the Faversham's Events Manager, who should have left work by the early evening, stayed on at the premises until 945pm and kindly advised attendees that the event was not happening - well at the Faversham - and where appropriate re-directed folk to the Parkside.

Other matters were mentioned, but we would prefer to stick to the core facts.

That is the venue's side of the story.

We have no reason whatsoever to doubt their integrity.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Thanks for the update. That was our first social. Might be our last We were in the carpark and a cpl got droped off in a taxi. Im sure they came up from stoke on trent.

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Why put all the effort into advertising it etc?

I think this all reads like a miscommunication (& a little from both sides)... surely if you were the events manager you'd chase up bookings you had in your diary that werent confirmed to See if they were still happening?

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"Why put all the effort into advertising it etc?

I think this all reads like a miscommunication (& a little from both sides)... surely if you were the events manager you'd chase up bookings you had in your diary that werent confirmed to See if they were still happening?"

Exactly! It would have been a decent take on the bar once again plus the room hire! Do they not want business?

By *un2bwithxCouple  over a year ago

Bradford/ Leeds

[Removed by poster at 10/06/17 23:26:10]

Bradford/ Leeds

"

I think this all reads like a miscommunication (& a little from both sides)... surely if you were the events manager you'd chase up bookings you had in your diary that werent confirmed to See if they were still happening?

Exactly! It would have been a decent take on the bar once again plus the room hire! Do they not want business?"

I was at the venue end of last week and made my own discreet enquiries. I understand they only found out about the event when a DJ appeared late aft on the day of the event. The DJ then called Mr Tupper's friend and the event organiser, Carrie, and presumably asked what the f ,,, was going on. Shortly thereafter I understand that Carrie called the venue and swore at them. The venue said that if they had been given a few days notice, yes of course, they would have been very happy to host. The venue is not desperate for revenue and it's not for them to chase up a possible booking. The venue were genuinely saddened to hear that many folk had travelled a great distance and/or had booked hotels. I believe the venue are not to blame, and folk who blamed them, may owe the Faversham an apology. So, Mr Tupper, who is to blame ?

I'm a Carrie fan. And I think the 2 socials she previously organised were cracking events. But sadly I think the blame may lye with Carrie rather than the pub. Sorry guys. Anyway life goes on and there are plenty of up and downs in the swinging world you just have to go with the ride. This time unfortunately it went tits up.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"

Exactly! It would have been a decent take on the bar once again plus the room hire! Do they not want business?

I was at the venue end of last week and made my own discreet enquiries. I understand they only found out about the event when a DJ appeared late aft on the day of the event. The DJ then called Mr Tupper's friend and the event organiser, Carrie, and presumably asked what the f ,,, was going on. Shortly thereafter I understand that Carrie called the venue and swore at them. The venue said that if they had been given a few days notice, yes of course, they would have been very happy to host. The venue is not desperate for revenue and it's not for them to chase up a possible booking. The venue were genuinely saddened to hear that many folk had travelled a great distance and/or had booked hotels. I believe the venue are not to blame, and folk who blamed them, may owe the Faversham an apology. So, Mr Tupper, who is to blame ?"

Please do not use the forums to try contact those who have blocked you, it's against the rules!

Bradford/ Leeds

Would the last poster please kindly act in a more mature and inclusive manner on this forum. The question in my last post was not personal and if it inadvertantly came across that way would the forum and the complainant please accept? my sincere apologies. I rightfully asked the question on behalf of the forum and the many members who spent time and hard earned cash and were let down, including myself. In the days after the debacle the venue was blamed by the vast majority. The venue was on balance evidently not to blame. So as a "friend" of the organiser may I again, and on behalf of those who were let down, politely ask you who is to blame ?

LEEDS

Well said - and most polite -fun2bwith. It so happens that we also blocked one particular poster. Are we now going to be accused of breaching forum rules even though all we have done is convey a truthful account of what did lead to the proposed attendees of the recent Leeds Social being so appallingly let down. Thank you for the kind messages that have been received.

Guys it's finished with. I feel sorry for the people who had a bad time and wasted money ECT. Carrie seems a nice lady and I'm sure she didn't do any if this on purpose it happened, it was a mistake let's move on.

Ah keep us out of this. It's beyond ridiculous. We are just here to gave fun and sex. Good luck with it

By *tarbeckCouple  over a year ago

york

why should mr tupper say sorry its a forum and he is allowed his say

LEEDS

Agree. Need proof with receipts etc from Carrie that she gave every spare penny to charity and has no debt owing to the venue. Let's ask her to comment. Oh, of course, she has done a runner.

By *tarbeckCouple  over a year ago

york

"Agree. Need proof with receipts etc from Carrie that she gave every spare penny to charity and has no debt owing to the venue. Let's ask her to comment. Oh, of course, she has done a runner. "
Maybe the venue could provide proof that she owes them money as well , works both ways

By *WEnglish4funMan  over a year ago

Leeds

[Removed by poster at 12/06/17 12:49:58]

LEEDS

Good idea re asking venue. Am off there for lunch this week and will make enquiries. The evidence re unpaid bills was made by a member in a private message to our profile.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Please do not use the forums to try contact those who have blocked you, it's against the rules! "

Asking a question on the forum/ even quoting a post from someone who has you blocked is not against forum rules.

If they had asked you to unblock them then that is against rules

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Something between the venue and an organiser is between them, please don't post allegations onto the forum

Forum Mod

O o O oo

PS answering yourself on a forum to strengthen a point is really bad form

As this seems to be an agenda going on I am going to shut this