FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Meet Requests and Parties > LEEDS SOCIAL THREAD TOO LONG...... TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT!

LEEDS SOCIAL THREAD TOO LONG...... TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey guys thread was too long excited for tonight now it's going to be fun some really sexy people coming along xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *akey2somCouple  over a year ago

wakefield

Looks like there will be over 150 names from the last guest list, not seen a later list though.

xxxx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hey guys thread was too long excited for tonight now it's going to be fun some really sexy people coming along xxx"

Presume I missed out? Had no details through

Not had time to update rush off my feet today unfortunatly x

By *laymate guyMan  over a year ago

Leeds and London

Hi,

could I come with my female playmate partner, Rosetta, please?

"Hi,

could I come with my female playmate partner, Rosetta, please?"

Yes as long as you bring a female that is fine I'll message you

wakefield

"Not had time to update rush off my feet today unfortunatly x"

We understand, looking forward to meeting up with old friends and meeting lots of new ones too we hope!

By *andS33Couple  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Looking forward to our first Leeds social

By *orkieboy 99Man  over a year ago

york

"Looking forward to our first Leeds social "
is it still on as someone sed it was not on

Hey how do you get a invite ?

york

"Hey how do you get a invite ?"
i dont think is on

[Removed by poster at 02/06/17 18:13:24]

Whats everyone up to? Quest?

"Hey how do you get a invite ?i dont think is on "
OK pal

wakefield

"Whats everyone up to? Quest?"

Due to social cancelling we will be going to Quest! xxx

Yorkshire

Sounds like the pub cancelled on them, don't know full details, guessing we'll just head straight to Quest unless anyone has any good ideas as to what we could all do?

OMG THE PUB GAS CANCELLED ON US GUYS I CANT BELIVE IT CAN WE CAN ALL MEET AT A DIFFERENT PUB INSTEAD PLEASE ITS ONLY A SHORT WALK FROM THERE! CONTACT ME ASAP!

wakefield

"OMG THE PUB GAS CANCELLED ON US GUYS I CANT BELIVE IT CAN WE CAN ALL MEET AT A DIFFERENT PUB INSTEAD PLEASE ITS ONLY A SHORT WALK FROM THERE! CONTACT ME ASAP!"

Just a change of venue to Quest, don't worry guys its not your fault. See everyone at Quest!!!!!!!

By *exyfromharrogateCouple  over a year ago

Harrogate/ Leeds

[Removed by poster at 02/06/17 18:35:12]

By *exyfromharrogateCouple  over a year ago

Harrogate/ Leeds

Couldn't - allegedly - organise a piss up in a brewery lol #kindergartensocials

"Couldn't - allegedly - organise a piss up in a brewery lol #kindergartensocials"

Bit harsh ! The guys did a great job at the last one we went to ... do hope your comment is in gest .

"Couldn't - allegedly - organise a piss up in a brewery lol #kindergartensocials"

The venue cancelled not me I had everything ready trying to perfect everything as usual I have done some good socials before this so please keep you nose out I'm a good person and don't deserve that

"Couldn't - allegedly - organise a piss up in a brewery lol #kindergartensocials

The venue cancelled not me I had everything ready trying to perfect everything as usual I have done some good socials before this so please keep you nose out I'm a good person and don't deserve that"

Last social was really good don't let it dishearten you totally out of your control Carrie xx

Don't listen to any comment like that Carrie!

We all know how much effort you put in to organise these socials which is shown by the huge guest list!xx

So now what's the plan?

By *ickasscoupleCouple  over a year ago

Near Leeds

Carrie - not only is is not deserved particularly when it's out of YOUR control, you're actually owed an apology. There are always some moaning w*nkers who could do better 'allegedly'.

Keep smiling Hun and know that those who've been before know you do a great job xx

Sounds like quest will be busy tonight, may have to make it my first visit

wakefield

"Carrie - not only is is not deserved particularly when it's out of YOUR control, you're actually owed an apology. There are always some moaning w*nkers who could do better 'allegedly'.

Keep smiling Hun and know that those who've been before know you do a great job xx

"

Yorkshire

"Carrie - not only is is not deserved particularly when it's out of YOUR control, you're actually owed an apology. There are always some moaning w*nkers who could do better 'allegedly'.

"

Agreed, plus if you check their status it seems they just like slagging people off, naming 2 pretty well known couples as timewasters haha!

Agreed, plus if you check their status it seems they just like slagging people off, naming 2 pretty well known couples as timewasters haha!"

Ha ha it is just some people's vocation in life

Agreed, plus if you check their status it seems they just like slagging people off, naming 2 pretty well known couples as timewasters haha!"

Are we well known

I'm a mess I'm not coming to leeds and I'm so so sorry letting you wonderfully people down my cars broken down and my phone has packed in too! I wanted tonight to be perfect and the faversham basically told me to pay the venue on the night and then told me when I got there that they didn't have staff to hold the event cos I didn't pay them I have an email confirmation from them and everything I've spent a fortune on stuff and my poor dj left on the door I'm coming off fab now cos I'm so upset and disappointed that I've let so many people down I tried so hard to make it perfect I'm just so ashamed so sorry everyone people are meeting at park side tavern and quest my lovely friend so are there to look after you I'm a mess sorry

"I'm a mess I'm not coming to leeds and I'm so so sorry letting you wonderfully people down my cars broken down and my phone has packed in too! I wanted tonight to be perfect and the faversham basically told me to pay the venue on the night and then told me when I got there that they didn't have staff to hold the event cos I didn't pay them I have an email confirmation from them and everything I've spent a fortune on stuff and my poor dj left on the door I'm coming off fab now cos I'm so upset and disappointed that I've let so many people down I tried so hard to make it perfect I'm just so ashamed so sorry everyone people are meeting at park side tavern and quest my lovely friend so are there to look after you I'm a mess sorry"

Now that is sad that they feel the need to come off fab,

Yorkshire

Agreed, plus if you check their status it seems they just like slagging people off, naming 2 pretty well known couples as timewasters haha!

Are we well known "

Well should say well-verified I guess, but a few people we know have verified you and I'm pretty sure we've seen you in a couple of clubs haha

Yeah it's sad they felt the need to leave, had put a lot of work into their socials but I reckon they've had some abuse over this even though it seems it's not their fault, people will have spent time and money arranging sitters and hotels etc and just took it out on them

Oh. Right.

"I'm a mess I'm not coming to leeds and I'm so so sorry letting you wonderfully people down my cars broken down and my phone has packed in too! I wanted tonight to be perfect and the faversham basically told me to pay the venue on the night and then told me when I got there that they didn't have staff to hold the event cos I didn't pay them I have an email confirmation from them and everything I've spent a fortune on stuff and my poor dj left on the door I'm coming off fab now cos I'm so upset and disappointed that I've let so many people down I tried so hard to make it perfect I'm just so ashamed so sorry everyone people are meeting at park side tavern and quest my lovely friend so are there to look after you I'm a mess sorry

Now that is sad that they feel the need to come off fab, "

Absolutely !!! No one deserves to feel that way and people should be ashamed , i understand it's frustrating but there is more to life and it's close to so much fun in Quest, plus it's what you make of it ! I hope the people who abuse and feel the need to be-little feel great about themselves ! We've lost someone who organised such a fantastic event . I can't see the abusers stepping up anytime soon our fab friends !!

By *un2bwithxCouple  over a year ago

Bradford/ Leeds

Seen thread. Shame, but know guys at venue and there may well be more to this than meets the eye. A lesson to be learnt - if one organises socials do it as a large grouping of members. Why even the previously excellent York Social eventually somewhat fell apart at the seams. By the way re Quest is it true that it's been sold and that the lovely owners are no longer together - someone said that to me, but I doubt - and hope - it is not true !?

What a complete prick. You knob. Not her fault quite obvious. I've been to 2 of her socials and they can sure organise a good party. Don't know what you are talking about

york

"Seen thread. Shame, but know guys at venue and there may well be more to this than meets the eye. A lesson to be learnt - if one organises socials do it as a large grouping of members. Why even the previously excellent York Social eventually somewhat fell apart at the seams. By the way re Quest is it true that it's been sold and that the lovely owners are no longer together - someone said that to me, but I doubt - and hope - it is not true !? "
i dont thinks so think they are still there at Quest

Bradford/ Leeds

"Seen thread. Shame, but know guys at venue and there may well be more to this than meets the eye. A lesson to be learnt - if one organises socials do it as a large grouping of members. Why even the previously excellent York Social eventually somewhat fell apart at the seams. By the way re Quest is it true that it's been sold and that the lovely owners are no longer together - someone said that to me, but I doubt - and hope - it is not true !? i dont thinks so think they are still there at Quest "

thanks , that gives me some comfort

"Seen thread. Shame, but know guys at venue and there may well be more to this than meets the eye. A lesson to be learnt - if one organises socials do it as a large grouping of members. Why even the previously excellent York Social eventually somewhat fell apart at the seams. By the way re Quest is it true that it's been sold and that the lovely owners are no longer together - someone said that to me, but I doubt - and hope - it is not true !? "

York Social fell apart at the seams ?

Feel so sorry for the OP

[Removed by poster at 02/06/17 21:19:47]

"Seen thread. Shame, but know guys at venue and there may well be more to this than meets the eye. A lesson to be learnt - if one organises socials do it as a large grouping of members. Why even the previously excellent York Social eventually somewhat fell apart at the seams. By the way re Quest is it true that it's been sold and that the lovely owners are no longer together - someone said that to me, but I doubt - and hope - it is not true !?

No problems at york we have two excellent socials one big one small

Feel so sorry for the OP "

"Feel so sorry for the OP"

Indeed. However, look at my new SURVIVORS thread

"

Feel so sorry for the OP "

York Socials haven't fallen apart at the seams at all! There's two socials in York, a small one, which is quite basic but great fun (or so I hear) and a big one.....what more do you want!!!! Haha

By *exyNorthernersCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Turned up at the venue but it's closed. Heading to fibre if anyone's about.

By *WEnglish4funMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Well for what it's worth re York Social I'd heard that York Social did rather fall apart. Apparently it were cos there was disagreement amongst the many organising Fab members - think there were about 3-4 of em. Anyhow, based on what seems to be the mystery demise of Leeds Social and mystery deletion of the organisers account it seems like socials may soon get a bad or poor reputation. That;s sad and Whether or not that's justified is not for me to say. I prefer a quiet life .

By *tarbeckCouple  over a year ago

york

"Well for what it's worth re York Social I'd heard that York Social did rather fall apart. Apparently it were cos there was disagreement amongst the many organising Fab members - think there were about 3-4 of em. Anyhow, based on what seems to be the mystery demise of Leeds Social and mystery deletion of the organisers account it seems like socials may soon get a bad or poor reputation. That;s sad and Whether or not that's justified is not for me to say. I prefer a quiet life . "
Both socials in York are still going ,and all hosts attend both socials

"Well for what it's worth re York Social I'd heard that York Social did rather fall apart. Apparently it were cos there was disagreement amongst the many organising Fab members - think there were about 3-4 of em. Anyhow, based on what seems to be the mystery demise of Leeds Social and mystery deletion of the organisers account it seems like socials may soon get a bad or poor reputation. That;s sad and Whether or not that's justified is not for me to say. I prefer a quiet life . "

Well we are Co hosts to york social and I can assure you there are no probs one small one big social and we go to each other's socials.

What's happened to Leeds is terrible and we really feel for the hosts, being a host isn't easy

"Well for what it's worth re York Social I'd heard that York Social did rather fall apart. Apparently it were cos there was disagreement amongst the many organising Fab members - think there were about 3-4 of em. Anyhow, based on what seems to be the mystery demise of Leeds Social and mystery deletion of the organisers account it seems like socials may soon get a bad or poor reputation. That;s sad and Whether or not that's justified is not for me to say. I prefer a quiet life .

Well we are Co hosts to york social and I can assure you there are no probs one small one big social and we go to each other's socials.

What's happened to Leeds is terrible and we really feel for the hosts, being a host isn't easy .. It was the venue that cancelled not the organisers! A whole lot of people are let down but Leeds is a big city .. With loads of people dressed in RED lol x

"

By *WEnglish4funMan  over a year ago

Leeds

If that's true re York social then I will take it up with the member who gave me such information and will report and/or ideally ask them to explain why they said what they did on the forum. Who knows there may some truth in what both sides say !? The quiet "social" life is clearly the preference.

york

"By the way is Paul69? still then a York social organiser ? "
yes

york

"

Feel so sorry for the OP

York Socials haven't fallen apart at the seams at all! There's two socials in York, a small one, which is quite basic but great fun (or so I hear) and a big one.....what more do you want!!!! Haha "

they are good york socials

"By the way is Paul69? still then a York social organiser ? "

Yes. Paul is part of the couple who host and curate the single guy list.

Infact, check out the thread, the list is looking awesome! I can hardly wait.

Can anyone spread any light on the couple/couples who seem to be having a good gossip about our profiles & spreading what apprears to be malicious gossip. Would love to know what there problem is? We are clearly a genuine well verified couple who have been in the site for a long time!

York socials going from strength to strength

Don't believe hearsay

What not attend and see for yourself

Feel really sorry for the leeds social , the venue caused the issue not the organisers

Don't have a go at the organisers

Think you can do better ? Try it ! It takes a lot of organisation for NO pay !!

Easy to slag things off and be a keyboard warrior , much harder to create and grow something

By *tockingscouple69Couple  over a year ago

Pontefract

We have attended both Leeds socials organised by Carrie and they were bang on, i think hurtful small minded comments made by nasty people are not warranted and not appreciated by most genuine fab members and especially Carrie and her partner.

Hope she comes back on fab and starts again

"We have attended both Leeds socials organised by Carrie and they were bang on, i think hurtful small minded comments made by nasty people are not warranted and not appreciated by most genuine fab members and especially Carrie and her partner.

Hope she comes back on fab and starts again "

Here here !!!

By *nkedkinkybibbwWoman  over a year ago

ROTHERHAM

I couldn't get to it after looking forward to it ended up taking my son out.. but only just seen thread..

By *aughtyYorkshireCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Yorkshire

We was due to go to the social last night. Was really looking forward to it as the first one we went to was a fantastic night. We found out about the cancellation at the list minute like everyone else did. This is not carries fault and she does not deserve to be getting criticised for this in anyway. She is a lovely person and puts a lot of time and effort it organising these events for our enjoyment. Really hope they rejoin again soon xx

By *na_Luv_4PlayCouple  over a year ago

Santa lucia de Tirajana

Went to the last social and had a great night.. really sorry to hear what has happened, Don't know the organizer very well but made us feel very welcome and seemed to work hard to ensure everyone was having a good time, We was thinking of attending the camping weekend that was being run by the same profile but unsure if this is still happening?, any info would be great. GnA xxx

"Went to the last social and had a great night.. really sorry to hear what has happened, Don't know the organizer very well but made us feel very welcome and seemed to work hard to ensure everyone was having a good time, We was thinking of attending the camping weekend that was being run by the same profile but unsure if this is still happening?, any info would be great. GnA xxx"

Hope it does and she carries on. She's a great girl met her a few times at clubs. The 2 socials were great and we believe she has a talent for this..it's just unfortunate this has happened and she needs the idiots to give her a break. Come back Carrie!

Bradford/ Leeds

Can I make a suggestion. Many Fabbers seem to like Quest. I don't, but that's my choice. Why don't the owners, who have a Fab profile, impress me, and others, by offering to host the Leeds Social themseleves. Comments on a postcard please.

"Can I make a suggestion. Many Fabbers seem to like Quest. I don't, but that's my choice. Why don't the owners, who have a Fab profile, impress me, and others, by offering to host the Leeds Social themseleves. Comments on a postcard please. "

We host york social and a lot of our guest don't go to clubs, so having clubs and a social is far better, hopefully Carrie will come back and carry on, it's terrible how they have been treated being a host isn't easy

Bradford/ Leeds

[Removed by poster at 04/06/17 17:03:41]

Bradford/ Leeds

Fair point MrBMissK. In any event re the aborted Leeds Social on Friday I hear on so called good authority that Carrie may have failed to inform the venue - the Faversham - re the true purpose of the event. When they found out - whilst we as braod minded folk may feel it was harsh to refuse entry etc - the venue will likely feel that they were within their rights to do so. Do the York Social venues know that the event(s) are for swingers ?

But the favedsham had held the leeds social several times in the past !!!

There's clearly more going on than we know , only a few will know , the rest is hearsay !

"Fair point MrBMissK. In any event re the aborted Leeds Social on Friday I hear on so called good authority that Carrie may have failed to inform the venue - the Faversham - re the true purpose of the event. When they found out - whilst we as braod minded folk may feel it was harsh to refuse entry etc - the venue will likely feel that they were within their rights to do so. Do the York Social venues know that the event(s) are for swingers ?"

Yes our venue is fully aware that it's a swingers social

"But the favedsham had held the leeds social several times in the past !!!

There's clearly more going on than we know , only a few will know , the rest is hearsay ! "

there had only been one social there previous social was at a different venue

Well I was told differently

Just goes to show that only a few people know the truth !

"Well I was told differently

Just goes to show that only a few people know the truth !

"

We were at both so know they were different venues

By *laymate guyMan  over a year ago

Leeds and London

Anyone who has the temerity to criticise the organiser needs to try and set up something like this themselves.

It's a thankless task and the fact it went wrong was not by design, or to spite you!

So if you may feel tempted to comment in a derogatory manner, try to refrain. It serves no purpose.

It was unfortunate and inconvenient for some (we turned up and the place was in darkness), but my advice would be to keep any negative thoughts and conjecture to yourself.

These things happen.

By *eliableand sexyCouple  over a year ago

LEEDS

To be fair mate, though clearly a caring soul, we think your advice to allcomers may possibly be somewhat patronising. No offence meant, but last time we checked free speech is tolerated in our society. Further, there are often two sides to every story. Yes Carrie deserves support, but as another poster said the venue may well have also been within their rights to refuse entry. If Carrie ever returns to Fab, and let's hope she does, then we may learn more about the true version of events. In this regard we are going to call by the Faversham - the venue - and ask them their side of the story. Sexy works nearby and from time to time calls in for a drink or a bite to eat. I trust that is OK !?

By *wiggy2112Woman  over a year ago

some where in Yorkshire

"Anyone who has the temerity to criticise the organiser needs to try and set up something like this themselves.

It's a thankless task and the fact it went wrong was not by design, or to spite you!

So if you may feel tempted to comment in a derogatory manner, try to refrain. It serves no purpose.

It was unfortunate and inconvenient for some (we turned up and the place was in darkness), but my advice would be to keep any negative thoughts and conjecture to yourself.

These things happen.

"

Well said

LEEDS

"Well said"

Free speech.

"To be fair mate, though clearly a caring soul, we think your advice to allcomers may possibly be somewhat patronising. No offence meant, but last time we checked free speech is tolerated in our society. Further, there are often two sides to every story. Yes Carrie deserves support, but as another poster said the venue may well have also been within their rights to refuse entry. If Carrie ever returns to Fab, and let's hope she does, then we may learn more about the true version of events. In this regard we are going to call by the Faversham - the venue - and ask them their side of the story. Sexy works nearby and from time to time calls in for a drink or a bite to eat. I trust that is OK !?"

"To be fair mate, though clearly a caring soul, we think your advice to allcomers may possibly be somewhat patronising. No offence meant, but last time we checked free speech is tolerated in our society. Further, there are often two sides to every story. Yes Carrie deserves support, but as another poster said the venue may well have also been within their rights to refuse entry. If Carrie ever returns to Fab, and let's hope she does, then we may learn more about the true version of events. In this regard we are going to call by the Faversham - the venue - and ask them their side of the story. Sexy works nearby and from time to time calls in for a drink or a bite to eat. I trust that is OK !?"

Whats the point? Does it matter. She tried her best it didn't work out, get over it. If they found out then it's their perogotive to cancel. But they must have been blind and dumb if they didn't realise last time. Plus they must have made a bob or 2. But what on Earth is the point in going in and asking them. It won't change anything.

And for the record the first one was in the city centre. We've lost a good organiser and it's a crying shame.

When Carrie asked us for advice about organising a social. One of the things We said was tell the venue that its a swingers social.

When we chatted to her at the first one at the Fav. She said they knew it was swingers

We know how much effort and time it takes. Carrie did a great job. We hope she returns to fab soob

D and L

LEEDS

[Removed by poster at 04/06/17 22:16:48]

LEEDS

My partner likes the Faversham. We also like Carrie and admire what she had previously done. My partner does not mind admitting to her lifestyle preferences. Members were let down by somebody and thus surely have a right to know, if at all possible, what went on. Carrie has disappeared. Bobby Tupper has suggested that some folk may wish to commence a class legal action against the venue, which is surely OTT. The venue has a right of reply. My partner has a right to ask. She will (politely) enquire.

Whats the point? Does it matter. She tried her best it didn't work out, get over it. If they found out then it's their perogotive to cancel. But they must have been blind and dumb if they didn't realise last time. Plus they must have made a bob or 2. But what on Earth is the point in going in and asking them. It won't change anything.

This is very true ! The eventbis over and done , nothing tonne gained ! You might have their side of the story but without Carrie's , it's meaningless as there are always two sides to ever story

Let's all move on

"My partner likes the Faversham. We also like Carrie and admire what she had previously done. My partner does not mind admitting to her lifestyle preferences. Members were let down by somebody and thus surely have a right to know, if at all possible, what went on. Carrie has disappeared. Bobby Tupper has suggested that some folk may wish to commence a class legal action against the venue, which is surely OTT. The venue has a right of reply. My partner has a right to ask. She will (politely) enquire."

Up to you for your own curiosity. But pointless and nothing to be gained. I'm not interested but fill your boots and satisfy your curiosity.

LEEDS

"My partner likes the Faversham. We also like Carrie and admire what she had previously done. My partner does not mind admitting to her lifestyle preferences. Members were let down by somebody and thus surely have a right to know, if at all possible, what went on. Carrie has disappeared. Bobby Tupper has suggested that some folk may wish to commence a class legal action against the venue, which is surely OTT. The venue has a right of reply. My partner has a right to ask. She will (politely) enquire.

Up to you for your own curiosity. But pointless and nothing to be gained. I'm not interested but fill your boots and satisfy your curiosity. "

She will do. Whilst my FAB partner, she's only my FB - little I can do to stop her. She has some Fab friends who aren't happy cos they had to pay for hotel. So she's promised to ask on their behalf. As said before she likes the Fav and they have been somewhat slagged off. As a minimum the venue has a right of reply and she has a right to let her Fab friends know what they say.

The venue won't care

Nothing to be gained

I'm sure the people who booked hotels still had a good time out in leeds or at quest

LEEDS

[Removed by poster at 08/06/17 18:40:34]

LEEDS

As a follow up to last thread a discussion was held with the Events Manger at the "venue" - the Faversham -

who were of course "meant" to have hosted last Friday evening's Leeds Social.

The event was cancelled at the last minute despite the fact that a guest list of up to at least 100 persons had been arranged and many Fabbers had arranged hotel accommodation etc.

The reality re the cancellation was follows. After April's Leeds Social - held for the first time at the Faversham - Carrie - our Fab organiser - mentioned to the Fav's Events Manager that she may look to host the next Leeds Social at the same venue. The Faversham said that would be fine, but in order to arrange staff etc they would need written confirmation of the date, approx numbers and payment of a deposit.

After April, Carrie allegedly made no further contact with the venue. The first that the Faversham knew that "an event" had been organised by Carrie was when a DJ arrived on Friday (late ?) afternoon asking for access to the events room in order to set up his equipment.

The Faversham Events Manager was understandably bemused and shortly thereafter received a call from Carrie. She was apparently rude and abusive. The venue said that they had heard nothing from Carrie for several weeks and thus it was far too late to arrange for staff to attend etc at such short notice. If she had even let them know even just 1-2 days beforehand then they may have been able to accommodate her wishes.

An hour or so later Carrie did re-contact the venue and apologised for her inappropriate outburst and said that the event was in the alternative to be held at the Parkside Tavern. As an act of immense good faith the Faversham's Events Manager, who should have left work by the early evening, stayed on at the premises until 945pm and kindly advised attendees that the event was not happening - well at the Faversham - and where appropriate re-directed folk to the Parkside.

Other matters were mentioned, but we would prefer to stick to the core facts.

That is the venue's side of the story.

We have no reason whatsoever to doubt their integrity.

» Add a new message to this topic