FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Food indulging

Food indulging

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atricia Parnel OP   Woman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

After sorting out shopping lists for the vulnerable people that I shop for. I just realised that by not having my weekly breakfast with the mums and sunday carvery date I am saving over £90 a month by buying just supermarket food

What food indulgence did you have and how much have you saved...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Weekly lunch out with friends and my Friday Singapore fried rice treat is saving me about £80 a month.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Any savings are literally being eaten up by my eldest who moved back home two weeks ago.

Missing my Costa hot chocolate and regular social meet with a fab friend.

Not sure how much I’m saving. I used to enjoy a McDonald’s and a take away occasionally.

I am saving about £90 on fuel as I’m not commuting.

I used to buy lunch at work everyday but can't now despite still working. I would eat out at least once a week

However sourcing food from farm shops etc means that we are paying a lot more than the standard shop

I miss the carverys. I'd have at least one a week

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

Mainly lunches at work for me. I'll take my own now & again, but can't be bothered most of the time. If I go out at lunchtime to a local shop that's a few more quid gone. Just lunches will save me around £100 for April plus anything I would have bought at the shops.

Costa coffee and a treat at work probably £4 a day plus eat out once a week. So it will definitely add up. But I did spend a lot more on a shop at local corner shop to avoid going to supermarket. So not sure I’ve saved much.

By *angOnBunnyCouple  over a year ago

Ipswich

Just meals out really. Home cooking habits have not changed, but the random lunches with friends have gone so some savings there, but it's not about the money. It's about missing the friends and social contact with them

I used to buy at least one and sometimes 2 coffees a day. Average price £3.50 so at least £70 saved

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

We are brewing wine beer and cider here, so lots to be saved by not buying alcohol for a while, not that we drink that much anyway.

By *oxychicWoman  over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

Whatever your saving prob losing in wages use of more gas n electric at home etc so its swinging in roundabouts unless your lucky and still on full pay or working

» Add a new message to this topic