FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hoarders

Hoarders

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

After watching this programme the other night on peoples whose homes are almost inhabitable, it got me a little worried about my hoarding.

My home is very tidy, I'm a clean freak and I like things in order. I'm also very minimalistic and hate clutter - apart from my bedroom.

I have a lot of clothes, accessories, underwear, shoes. I collect various things and keep them for years. You mever know when they will come in handy.

I have a walk in wardrobe which is fairly roomy as well as 2 double wardrobes, 2 chest of drawers and another chest on my landing which was supposed to be decorative but has been filled with my items.

I buy new clothes almost every weekend, and I don't need them at all, won't ever get the wear out of these items, but I'm obsessed with buying things if I see them. Yesterday I bought silver diamante ballroom sandals and a veiled hat.

Do you hoard or do you get rid and keep clothes and accessories to a minimum

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

I hoard - and I need to stop ASAP and get rid of half my 'collection'. Problem is that I try going through it all, pick up a top I haven't worn for years then think 'that might come in handy for gardening' (never mind I haven't done gardening since moving back down south 7 years ago).

I also have clothes in various sizes purchased after successful diets, now too small but 'may fit again one day'.

Of course, if I manage to lose the weight then I won't want to wear them as they'll be dated.

I think I have a problem

By *lexaWoman  over a year ago

southampton

"I hoard - and I need to stop ASAP and get rid of half my 'collection'. Problem is that I try going through it all, pick up a top I haven't worn for years then think 'that might come in handy for gardening' (never mind I haven't done gardening since moving back down south 7 years ago).

I also have clothes in various sizes purchased after successful diets, now too small but 'may fit again one day'.

Of course, if I manage to lose the weight then I won't want to wear them as they'll be dated.

I think I have a problem "

Hoarder but nothing like as bad as in that recent programme. At least I can see my floors. x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Afraid both Andy and myself are hoarders, it was only a couple of years ago that he threw away pay-slips from when he first started work!!! I'm as bad at times though, really wish I could just say right don't want that it's going, but I can't especially if it's been brought for me by somebody!!! To sentimental for my own good sometimes

Would you say a size 22's a hoarder?

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

"Would you say a size 22's a hoarder? "

Are you aware of how boring you are? Just saying ...

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

I've enough stuff to stock a shop, but then, I used to own a shop, so... its a habit that sort of sticks buying and stocking up on stuff that's needed...

Wolf

"Would you say a size 22's a hoarder?

Are you aware of how boring you are? Just saying ..."

pmsl, like arseholes everyone got one was your post relevant to the thread madam?and if you personally attack me again I'll have to report you too admin. I'll bid you farewell madame

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

six months ago i decided i was going to by stuff i need. i was so shocked at taking 13 bags of stuff with labels on i wonw do it again

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I will get rid of paperwork, in fact many times I've thrown away receipts and guarantees that we've needed.

Most of us have got one of those drawers - where we shove all bits of post and batteries and odds and sods. I do try and tidy that every few months.

I have no problem throwing away any other stuff, its just my own things that I have trouble streamlining

» Add a new message to this topic