FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Actual dating??

Actual dating??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So I have just been chatting to a friend and she was shocked when I told her despite only being single a year. I have not had a real date for about 3 years. I have not been out for a romantic meal with a man in years, I have never really experienced lots of affection in a romantic way. Am I the only one. Do men really “date” women anymore. The more I think about it the more I feel like I’m missing out!

Side note I have had an amazing year being single, great sex and made some nice friends. Fab has helped!! So this is not for sympathy.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ee04Man  over a year ago

Thurrock

[Removed by poster at 28/03/20 20:57:44]

By *ee04Man  over a year ago

Thurrock

Yes I’ve always enjoyed dating going for a meal/drink it’s great

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

Yeah they still date, especially if you put yourself out there as wanting to meet asap instead of wasting your time chatting.

I dated a few guys before my last relationship, and one during (we were on a break). Obv can't do it now but will be back on POF when able to.

By *uddleWithCraigMan  over a year ago

Wolverhampton or Travels

"So I have just been chatting to a friend and she was shocked when I told her despite only being single a year. I have not had a real date for about 3 years. I have not been out for a romantic meal with a man in years, I have never really experienced lots of affection in a romantic way. Am I the only one. Do men really “date” women anymore. The more I think about it the more I feel like I’m missing out!

Side note I have had an amazing year being single, great sex and made some nice friends. Fab has helped!! So this is not for sympathy. "

Live you life how you want to live it, I’ve chatted to people on fab and they have found love here or others who have left when found it, enjoy life as you only get one as look at what’s happening now xx

"So I have just been chatting to a friend and she was shocked when I told her despite only being single a year. I have not had a real date for about 3 years. I have not been out for a romantic meal with a man in years, I have never really experienced lots of affection in a romantic way. Am I the only one. Do men really “date” women anymore. The more I think about it the more I feel like I’m missing out!

Side note I have had an amazing year being single, great sex and made some nice friends. Fab has helped!! So this is not for sympathy.

Live you life how you want to live it, I’ve chatted to people on fab and they have found love here or others who have left when found it, enjoy life as you only get one as look at what’s happening now xx"

Love this and know you are right. I am a very possible person and always live for today!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Most relationships I've been in have just kind of happened so I get what you mean.

I was seeing someone for a few months recently though and we did the dating thing, we planned our time together and actually went out and spent time together. It was really nice to have someone want to do that with me, it's just a shame there was no ooomph in our chemistry.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive been with my partner for 14 yrs but we dont live together we always go out on dates. Its like one long honeymoon

"Most relationships I've been in have just kind of happened so I get what you mean.

I was seeing someone for a few months recently though and we did the dating thing, we planned our time together and actually went out and spent time together. It was really nice to have someone want to do that with me, it's just a shame there was no ooomph in our chemistry. "

That’s a shame! I’m not convinced that you can have it all!!

"Ive been with my partner for 14 yrs but we dont live together we always go out on dates. Its like one long honeymoon"

That’s really nice xx

Side note I have had an amazing year being single, great sex and made some nice friends. Fab has helped!! So this is not for sympathy. "

Me and my partner are together 6 months now. And think we went on 2 actual dates so far. We just dont have the time. So when we meet we just have kinky fun. Lol and I am ok with it and so is he

"Most relationships I've been in have just kind of happened so I get what you mean.

I was seeing someone for a few months recently though and we did the dating thing, we planned our time together and actually went out and spent time together. It was really nice to have someone want to do that with me, it's just a shame there was no ooomph in our chemistry.

That’s a shame! I’m not convinced that you can have it all!!"

I'd settle for most of it

That’s a shame! I’m not convinced that you can have it all!!

I'd settle for most of it "

I think that is my problem is I won’t settle for anything less than I feel I deserve now! Got to bring positivity into my life!

Me and my partner are together 6 months now. And think we went on 2 actual dates so far. We just dont have the time. So when we meet we just have kinky fun. Lol and I am ok with it and so is he "

Sounds pretty good to me xx

Dating still happening, when it’s become more than just sex...

Dating still happening, when it’s become more than just sex..."

Can I just add, it’s not just down to the man, it’s takes 2 people to make it happen

Maybe I'm old fashioned but definitely still date. Went for a meal with someone a few weeks ago on a first date. So yes definitely is (was) still happening.

Can I just add, it’s not just down to the man, it’s takes 2 people to make it happen "

I agree. But nice to be treated on occasion!!

"Maybe I'm old fashioned but definitely still date. Went for a meal with someone a few weeks ago on a first date. So yes definitely is (was) still happening. "

I like old fashioned values. Lucky lady

A date would be lovely

Can I just add, it’s not just down to the man, it’s takes 2 people to make it happen

I agree. But nice to be treated on occasion!!"

Oh yea, and as people mentioned on the previous comments, that many people found the one who wanna go on a date with on this site, and happy ever after I guess

By *ustme34Man  over a year ago

Bradford

I think it's good to go on regular dates with someone no matter how long you have been together. My ex and I used to have a date night atleast once a fortnite . An evening meal movie bowling or something like that.

And even more dates when you getting to know someone.

"I think it's good to go on regular dates with someone no matter how long you have been together. My ex and I used to have a date night atleast once a fortnite . An evening meal movie bowling or something like that.

And even more dates when you getting to know someone."

Sounds great xx

Bradford

"I think it's good to go on regular dates with someone no matter how long you have been together. My ex and I used to have a date night atleast once a fortnite . An evening meal movie bowling or something like that.

Sounds great xx "

you should find out after all this

Sounds great xx you should find out after all this "

You have been warned!!!

By *own and countryCouple  over a year ago

Tewkesbury

Town and I go on numerous dates..

Dancing , cinema days out , holidays ..And some swinging...

And she asked me to spend the rest of our lives together...

On the 29th

I wont have to buy her gloves...

Living the dream .....

Bradford

Sounds great xx you should find out after all this

You have been warned!!! "

warning taken...noted... probably ignored and carried on without

"Town and I go on numerous dates..

On the 29th

Living the dream ....."

That is beautiful xxx so happy for you both, maybe a little envious too

"Maybe I'm old fashioned but definitely still date. Went for a meal with someone a few weeks ago on a first date. So yes definitely is (was) still happening.

I like old fashioned values. Lucky lady "

Well we had a 2nd date, a walk up Malvern hills but I decided not to take it any further so still single. Hopefully next time fingers crossed x

"Maybe I'm old fashioned but definitely still date. Went for a meal with someone a few weeks ago on a first date. So yes definitely is (was) still happening.

I like old fashioned values. Lucky lady

Well we had a 2nd date, a walk up Malvern hills but I decided not to take it any further so still single. Hopefully next time fingers crossed x"

My fingers are crossed for you. What a gentleman xx

By *own and countryCouple  over a year ago

Tewkesbury

On the 29th

Living the dream .....

That is beautiful xxx so happy for you both, maybe a little envious too "

But who buys the ring?

On the 29th

Living the dream .....

That is beautiful xxx so happy for you both, maybe a little envious too

But who buys the ring? "

Depends on if you think this is a mans role or if you think you are equal!?

I don't know I tend to date the people I fuck.

By *angOnBunnyCouple  over a year ago

Ipswich

We ensure we have date nights. Definitely date still, but it's not the preserve of the man to make the date, equality and all that

What's a date ?

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

My FWB and I have been seeing each other two and a half years. We don’t get to see each other that often but when we do we always make it an “event”. We’ve done all sorts of lovely things in out time together.

Far more to life than just sex lol.

"I don't know I tend to date the people I fuck. "

Before or after?!

"We ensure we have date nights. Definitely date still, but it's not the preserve of the man to make the date, equality and all that "

That’s good. Yeah I agree as in comments further up. But I do also like the idea of old fashioned approach to dating.

"What's a date ?"

Don’t ask me!!!

I quite like the idea of doing some datey stuff

"My FWB and I have been seeing each other two and a half years. We don’t get to see each other that often but when we do we always make it an “event”. We’ve done all sorts of lovely things in out time together.

Far more to life than just sex lol. "

I’d love my fwb to take notes from this!! But we literally just meet and have sex!

By *angOnBunnyCouple  over a year ago

Ipswich

"We ensure we have date nights. Definitely date still, but it's not the preserve of the man to make the date, equality and all that

That’s good. Yeah I agree as in comments further up. But I do also like the idea of old fashioned approach to dating. "

Yep. Definitely. The men also like to be wined and dined.

We love the whole date scenario!!

"I quite like the idea of doing some datey stuff"

I’m not normally one for women, but you are stunning. I will date you!!!

By *jonesMan  over a year ago

london

I have taken numerous ladies off fab for a date...I love it ...drinks dancing and fun...

I love dancing and flirting ...and kissing and having a laugh...

"I don't know I tend to date the people I fuck.

Before or after?! "

Both.

Ok I was seeing someone for the last 7 months so that's a little different as we would go on a date then have sex and full days out etc.

But prior to him the majority of the people I met we would social together as well as fuck.

I like regular meets and friendship though not just a quick fuck and go

"I quite like the idea of doing some datey stuff

I’m not normally one for women, but you are stunning. I will date you!!! "

where shall we go

"I quite like the idea of doing some datey stuff

I’m not normally one for women, but you are stunning. I will date you!!!

where shall we go "

You chose!!! I will pay xx

"What's a date ?

Don’t ask me!!! "

Ok anyone else know ?

Fruit?

By *ingle ex cuckMan  over a year ago

chester

Woman ( and men) can have the best of both worlds if they want a relationship and to swing at the same time . A faithful loyal cuckold is ideal for this type of woman .

Problem is on here ( with like any other site too)

Men and women take one look at a face and think no thanks he or she not for me.

But if one actually takes time to get to no somebody then that’s where the attraction kicks in .

Similar to how people meet people they work with

Or socially connect with.

london

"Ive been with my partner for 14 yrs but we dont live together we always go out on dates. Its like one long honeymoon"

That sounds great ...fantastic x

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

It doesn't matter what site you are on, men no longer have the ability to engage a women's mind or have the ability to engage normal conversation! No idea why and no idea how to change it, is it the age of the internet, or have they just been born stupid? You tell me

By *ark ph0enixWoman  over a year ago

Teesside

Sadly dating seems to be a thing of the past. And i dont count going for coffee as a date

Shame as there's something so special and exciting about it, the build up and the occasion itself

Bradford

"Sadly dating seems to be a thing of the past. And i dont count going for coffee as a date

Shame as there's something so special and exciting about it, the build up and the occasion itself "

there is indeed. One of the reasons why i personally wouldnt let dating lapse in a relationship and it's a good way of getting closer to someone. And agreed coffee isnt a date

london

"It doesn't matter what site you are on, men no longer have the ability to engage a women's mind or have the ability to engage normal conversation! No idea why and no idea how to change it, is it the age of the internet, or have they just been born stupid? You tell me "

I suspect you may find us more mature gents are more likely to have good conversation ...

"It doesn't matter what site you are on, men no longer have the ability to engage a women's mind or have the ability to engage normal conversation! No idea why and no idea how to change it, is it the age of the internet, or have they just been born stupid? You tell me

I suspect you may find us more mature gents are more likely to have good conversation ..."

Unfortunately age just doesn't equate to good conversation, especially via the internet ...

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

"It doesn't matter what site you are on, men no longer have the ability to engage a women's mind or have the ability to engage normal conversation! No idea why and no idea how to change it, is it the age of the internet, or have they just been born stupid? You tell me

I suspect you may find us more mature gents are more likely to have good conversation ...

Unfortunately age just doesn't equate to good conversation, especially via the internet ... "

Very true

london

Unfortunately age just doesn't equate to good conversation, especially via the internet ...

Very true "

Social media is a cumbersome tool to communicate with and of course age is no guarantee of a good chat but those of us that grew up before it was invented at least remember the fun of "chatting up" someone...

Very true

Social media is a cumbersome tool to communicate with and of course age is no guarantee of a good chat but those of us that grew up before it was invented at least remember the fun of "chatting up" someone..."

Lol I'm the same age ish as you and can categorically say this ^^ has no relation to conversation anymore and, most, guys right the way through the ages might remember it but unfortunately this still doesn't equate to good conversation - then or now!

But the age/conversation correlation just isn't there neither on here or dating sites and quite often in person too, which can be incredibly disappointing

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Very true

Social media is a cumbersome tool to communicate with and of course age is no guarantee of a good chat but those of us that grew up before it was invented at least remember the fun of "chatting up" someone..."

Agreed.

To me, Social Media and the Internet as a whole have made Dating more easily accessible but with many more pitfalls to negotiate.

Dating "sites" lure people in with dubious profiles, images, all trying to convince people they'll succeed!

In most cases, the thrill of meeting someone face to face for that first time, stumbling over conversations and trying to develop anything beyond that first time out together has been replaced by an impersonal click of a mouse or touch screen!

Dating in its truest sense of the word and me stopped in 1992 after my engagement and wedding plans fell through.

Maybe one day, I'll be swept off my feet by Miss Right; well, swept off my feet could be an issue as at my age I don't want to risk breaking something in my bones!

london

Very true

Social media is a cumbersome tool to communicate with and of course age is no guarantee of a good chat but those of us that grew up before it was invented at least remember the fun of "chatting up" someone...

Lol I'm the same age ish as you and can categorically say this ^^ has no relation to conversation anymore and, most, guys right the way through the ages might remember it but unfortunately this still doesn't equate to good conversation - then or now!

But the age/conversation correlation just isn't there neither on here or dating sites and quite often in person too, which can be incredibly disappointing "

Well it does sound disappointing...I on the whole find people as chatty as ever in real life and whilst every situation is not going to lead to a scintillating conversation I do enjoy talking to folk and occasionally have some great conversations...

Very true

But the age/conversation correlation just isn't there neither on here or dating sites and quite often in person too, which can be incredibly disappointing

Well it does sound disappointing...I on the whole find people as chatty as ever in real life and whilst every situation is not going to lead to a scintillating conversation I do enjoy talking to folk and occasionally have some great conversations..."

Luciky "in life" is totally different to online ...

By *lint-EverhardMan  over a year ago

Perpignan and cap

I date, even when in a relationship I make a point of going on date nights because why not?

No woman has ever asked me out on a date though.

I guess I'm a romantic sod at heart.

I once told a girl in the local supermarket that I liked her and asked her out, she was physically shocked and taken aback as she'd never been asked out on a date before. She thought it was just a social and brought her sister along. They both got too pissed and fell down the stairs.

By *on12xxMan  over a year ago

harlech

No people still date.

I prefer to date then fab.

R u a model

Wow lots of great responses

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

"My FWB and I have been seeing each other two and a half years. We don’t get to see each other that often but when we do we always make it an “event”. We’ve done all sorts of lovely things in out time together.

I’d love my fwb to take notes from this!! But we literally just meet and have sex! "

That’s not a FWB then. That’s a FB. Massive difference.

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

I love going on dates. It makes the sex after so much more horny

By *ark ph0enixWoman  over a year ago

Teesside

I’d love my fwb to take notes from this!! But we literally just meet and have sex!

That’s not a FWB then. That’s a FB. Massive difference. "

Yes big difference

not all on here realise what the benefits part means

By *unseeker100Man  over a year ago

batley

Although it might seem that most men on here are just here for the sex that's probably only true of those who are attached

I think most single guts on here would jump at the chance of a romantic evening out.

After all it's the best part of the chase the excitement of will she won't she at the end of the night

That’s not a FWB then. That’s a FB. Massive difference. "

Clearly I’m getting only one type of benefit!!

By *xXAndyXxxMan  over a year ago

letchworth

Yes men date, it’s just finding the right fit for you!! Not entirely sure this is to find a place for dating but there are some good men out there apps or no apps! Just don’t settle for anything x

With very few exceptions (an odd single, but a few couples too) even my Fab meets are more like romantic dates with lots of affection, hopefully great sex, and maybe even more the morning after. Then repeat if desired.

I wholeheartedly think building a connection and sexual tension through the date bit is crucial to a more fulfilling experience. Turning up for sex was fine in my 20’s, but I need more now I’m 40.

Yes men do and if that’s what your looking for you need to look in the right places, not on here. Your an attractive woman so that’s not the issue just where your looking

I’ve probably had more luck dating from fab than anywhere else actually! Only because we’re more on a similar wavelength and a lot of guys on ‘normal’ dating sites only want sex as well!

Had agreed to take an old fab friend up on an offer of a proper dinner date recently, but lockdown got in the way

"I’ve probably had more luck dating from fab than anywhere else actually! Only because we’re more on a similar wavelength and a lot of guys on ‘normal’ dating sites only want sex as well!

Had agreed to take an old fab friend up on an offer of a proper dinner date recently, but lockdown got in the way "

See I think you are right, I have had better conversations on here with men than I have on dating sites. Maybe because as much as we are all on here for swinging and having amazing sex we all have that in common so it takes the pressure off?!

"I’ve probably had more luck dating from fab than anywhere else actually! Only because we’re more on a similar wavelength and a lot of guys on ‘normal’ dating sites only want sex as well!

Had agreed to take an old fab friend up on an offer of a proper dinner date recently, but lockdown got in the way

See I think you are right, I have had better conversations on here with men than I have on dating sites. Maybe because as much as we are all on here for swinging and having amazing sex we all have that in common so it takes the pressure off?! "

Definitely, think it’s almost an ice breaker in itself! And I’m a little less worried about shocking them with my nympho side haha!

I like going into it as NSA and if it feels like it could become more, be open about it and suggest non-sexual dates if they feel the same way but no pressure if they don’t!

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

It sounds like it could be rather delightful....

*shrugs and wanders off to find my usual corner in an undateables thread

"It sounds like it could be rather delightful....

*shrugs and wanders off to find my usual corner in an undateables thread"

I am queen of the undateable’s

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Not been on a "proper" date for years. Had a few meets but they felt more like a job interview. i.e. More interested in what I did for a living.

Bradford

"It sounds like it could be rather delightful....

*shrugs and wanders off to find my usual corner in an undateables thread

I am queen of the undateable’s "

I duno about that

I love a good date, rather work for something than have it handed to me on a plate

By *kblokenorthMan  over a year ago

Any

[Removed by poster at 07/04/20 17:00:13]

By *kblokenorthMan  over a year ago

Any

"Although it might seem that most men on here are just here for the sex that's probably only true of those who are attached

I think most single guts on here would jump at the chance of a romantic evening out.

After all it's the best part of the chase the excitement of will she won't she at the end of the night "

^^ Sums it up nicely for me ^^

I honestly think the married guys who want a quickie or to satisfy desires their partner won’t do, don’t particularly help the situation for we single guys, as we tend to get tarred with the same brush and approached with the same caution!

Many truly single guys on here would love to find a sexual match that turns into something more.

Sex as a single guy is very short term unless you can find a regular and willing opposite number!

Ideally someone in my case to enjoy a relaxed lifestyle swinging together and with others at home and abroad!

"I love a good date, rather work for something than have it handed to me on a plate "

Noted!

By *hythmic DriverMan  over a year ago

Croydon

I love to date and meet and do the whole romantic part. It really excites me and makes me giddy and happy.

Sadly, having just come out of another relationship (hence why I'm back on fab) I think I'm destined for SingleVille forever .

» Add a new message to this topic