FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > fat kids

fat kids

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eaverfever OP   Couple  over a year ago

nr Manchester

Should parents of fat kids be charged with child neglect? ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is this bash the Fat person week or what cos I don't remember getting the memo.

By *obinhood-maidmarionCouple  over a year ago

Worksop

think i will settle down with a few cans of fishing for argument stella artois for this one!

"think i will settle down with a few cans of fishing for argument stella artois for this one!"

I think I'll join you mines John Smiths please.

Anything string for me...this is gonna roll...!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Should parents of fat kids be charged with child neglect? ? "
Care to elaborate?

Nope. It's perfectly legal to buy the food we eat so legislation to prosecute people for buying perfectly legal produce is a tad hypocritical to me.

Education is the key to beating obesity.

"think i will settle down with a few cans of fishing for argument stella artois for this one!

I think I'll join you mines John Smiths please.

"

This subject requires a very large gin, methinks.

"Should parents of fat kids be charged with child neglect? ?

Nope. It's perfectly legal to buy the food we eat so legislation to prosecute people for buying perfectly legal produce is a tad hypocritical to me.

Education is the key to beating obesity."

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

why not.

lets also lock the parents up of short children, children with no manners while in eating establishments, and gingers!

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus!!!!!

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

When that doesnt work what next shut down McDonalds,Burger king etc (not a bad idea realy)

Families realy do need to start eating healthily again and bin the processed food.

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

I might be fat, but I've got a cock like a blind cobblers thumb!

Is it be horrible to fat persons week?

How would locking up the parents benefit the child? Being over weight does not always mean being over fed!

mullinwire

"Is it be horrible to fat persons week?

How would locking up the parents benefit the child? Being over weight does not always mean being over fed!

"

because then the child would feel horribly guilty, miss their parents and go one of 2 ways, either comfort eat, or get anorexia, then the NHS can spend millions treating people with eating disorders.

there, problem solved.

nr Manchester

"Is this bash the Fat person week or what cos I don't remember getting

the memo. "

Not at all,just bash the uncaring parents who feed there children junk from day 1. Be it thin or fat parents.

"think i will settle down with a few cans of fishing for argument stella artois for this one!"

any chance of a cold one for me ?

nr Manchester

"

Most of the time it is, only small percent of peeps have the fat gene! Sorry

the memo.

Not at all,just bash the uncaring parents who feed there children junk from day 1. Be it thin or fat parents."

It's not always a case of uncaring, but often uneducated.

Society is seriously losing its way in so many ways. food being one, there are too many take away/fast food places, and supermarkets have many ready meals on sale.

It depends on how they are being feed, if they are on a bad diet or the porkie fuckers crave fatty foods and act up if they are not getting it. They all need educating and being told straight how it fucks up mobility and the possibility of shagging good looking woman when they get older.

Most of the time it is, only small percent of peeps have the fat gene! Sorry"

Nobody from what I can see has mentioned the fat gene.

mullinwire

the memo.

Not at all,just bash the uncaring parents who feed there children junk from day 1. Be it thin or fat parents."

so they dont care because they feed their kids?

if the kids run around, they will burn off whatever calories they consume, so short of tying them to the back of a bus, what do you REALLY want parents to do?

society is scared of letting kids out if their sight nowadays, not like when we were kids and you could disappear for hours on end.

I was in Tesco today and bought a bag of apples, 2 packs of grapes and some peaches .... total price 6.50 .... go down to the crisps and get 16 packs for 1.25 .... that doesn't help!

"I was in Tesco today and bought a bag of apples, 2 packs of grapes and some peaches .... total price 6.50 .... go down to the crisps and get 16 packs for 1.25 .... that doesn't help!"

mullinwire

"I was in Tesco today and bought a bag of apples, 2 packs of grapes and some peaches .... total price 6.50 .... go down to the crisps and get 16 packs for 1.25 .... that doesn't help!"

20 satsumas, a dozen apples, an onion for £6. 22 bags of crisps £1.99.

thats my shopping lol

Most of the time it is, only small percent of peeps have the fat gene! Sorry"

i never mentioned the fat gene! Just saying that's its not always black and white! Being "fat" as you call it! Doesn't always come down to being over fed or wrongly fed!

So how do you think having the parents locked up will help the child?

nr Manchester

Most of the time it is, only small percent of peeps have the fat gene! Sorry

i never mentioned the fat gene! Just saying that's its not always black and white! Being "fat" as you call it! Doesn't always come down to being over fed or wrongly fed!

So how do you think having the parents locked up will help the child?"

Who said anything about locking up, and most fat kids is down to eating to much surely its upto parents to choose wisely,

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

Dont know about the fat gene but when I was in school a long time ago in a class of 42 there were only 2 overwieght.

It realy is down to diet and lack of exercise nothing else.

I have to agree when kids are over weight and its not because of medical reasons then it is the parents fault, would i go as far saying its neglect? No, i wouldn't, uneducated yes!

I am a big girl, i always have been, my whole family are big, with the exception of my daughter and her dad and his family are all big.

I know what it is like to grow up being big and it was something i did not want my daughter to go through, so i watched what she eats, give her a choice of crisps and chocolate or carrots and peppers and its carrots and peppers every time.

Parents need to educate themselves and in turn educate there kids.

eat the correct things and get the kids moving instead of sat in front of the TV watching films or playing on the xbox.

Kat x x

By *obraworriorMan  over a year ago

warrington

Every case is individual so it's difficult to just generalise, however it can be brought under neglect, and in some situations the parent(s) deserve to be prosecuted, but as long as it has been evidenced that support and education has been put in place first.

But after a take out, beer and brandy I'll wind my neck in

By *tensonSwingersCouple  over a year ago

Stenson Fields

Not even going to vent my outrage at such a proposterous notion, as my thoughts would most certainly get me banned from this site, if i put into words my feelings on such narrow-minded ignorance!

You know as a mother of 6, I dont think the parents of seriously overweight children should be prosecuted but I do think that they should be educated.

I say this as I know a child who at 31/2 is classed as obese.. the child has no medical conditions to make him like that.. and at that age certainly isnt going out and eating from the local shops..

Its down to what the parents put down in front of him... they are simply doing what they see right.. but I think that they need to be given help and advice now.

Cali

Maybe make them walk to school? so many people drive there kids to school, surely a kid can walk a mile? We used to as children, oh and yes we still had perverts out there ....so dont tell me the kids arent safe cos we werent either i guess.

"Maybe make them walk to school? so many people drive there kids to school, surely a kid can walk a mile? We used to as children, oh and yes we still had perverts out there ....so dont tell me the kids arent safe cos we werent either i guess."

Not all can these days.. I know even though all 3 schools are about a mile away.. they are a mile in different directions..

I am lucky that I have a park opposite.. so kids go out there a lot.. but not all families have that.. and these days most things that kids seem to want to do involve sitting down..

Swimming is so expensive these days.. and most places have now scrapped the free swim for kids.. I took the kids swimming two weeks ago and it cost me with parking ( as no leisure centres seem to have free parking) £33 in total. Even parking at the local big park would cost someone without a blue badge £4.50 to park there..

I buy lots of fruit.. and only one bag of crips. I look at it that if they eat it all then I dont buy anymore.. so whether its gone in 2 days or 7.. only one bag gets brought.

Cali

That seems so expensive, car parking fees also? The government want to save money on the obese but seem to tax people by making fitness so expensive. We dont get charged for parking up here at play parks. Just feel too many kids watch too much tv and not enough footie or netball...

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Oh please, kids are being groomed by pedophiles under parents noses and they're not being charged with neglect. Some people on this site invite every Tom, Dick and Harry into their homes while their kids are in the house, they're not charged with neglect.

Then again fat is easy to spot.

"That seems so expensive, car parking fees also? The government want to save money on the obese but seem to tax people by making fitness so expensive. We dont get charged for parking up here at play parks. Just feel too many kids watch too much tv and not enough footie or netball..."

Thing is even the local courts you have to pay to use.. they wonder why so many kids dont do things.. but as a mum of quite a few.. it can work out really expensive..

I love to go out but cant even take the kids cycling as one of my daughters CANT cycle due to disability... So swimming is a good one for us..

I think that there needs to be more reduced fees for kids for things.. Even the local green area, now has a carpark that you have to pay to park.. Its not a lot but it puts people off.

although saying that.. one decent xbox game is £44.

Cali

What ever happened to just playing in the local park?? every weekend i was there for hours playing footie and throwing stones...

I've not read the thread past the Original post, but to be honest I think Yes, they should be prosecuted in some cases.

Pet owners are, if their animal is 'obese' they are done for it... so why is it OK to stuff a kid full of shite and put their life at risk from diabetes and other weight related illnesses.

I've watched documentaries on 'critically' obese mothers, who's children are nothing more than 'carers' and yet the other parent is still feeding the kids vast amounts of utter shite, despite knowing what it has done to the mother.

This in my oppinion is feck'n wrong, and the feckers should be done for child abuse!

"why not.

lets also lock the parents up of short children, children with no manners while in eating establishments, and gingers!

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus!!!!! "

I'd vote for you

nr Manchester

"I've not read the thread past the Original post, but to be honest I think Yes, they should be prosecuted in some cases.

Pet owners are, if their animal is 'obese' they are done for it... so why is it OK to stuff a kid full of shite and put their life at risk from diabetes and other weight related illnesses.

I've watched documentaries on 'critically' obese mothers, who's children are nothing more than 'carers' and yet the other parent is still feeding the kids vast amounts of utter shite, despite knowing what it has done to the mother.

This in my oppinion is feck'n wrong, and the feckers should be done for child abuse!

"

best post yet,totally agree, I think the people who dont agree prob either have a an overweight kid or they ar big themselves.

"why not.

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus!!!!! "

I have a short fat bad mannered ginger kid.. is that a life sentence with no chance of parole??? lol

" I have a short fat bad mannered ginger kid.. is that a life sentence with no chance of parole??? lol "

I was a fat, freckly, gingery, shy kid .... come to think of it I ain't changed that much

Just to clarify, I'm not talking puppy fat or chubby kids, I'm talking 'extreme' cases, and yes I agree 'education' is paramount!

"

best post yet,totally agree, I think the people who dont agree prob either have a an overweight kid or they ar big themselves.

"

Dunno about that, but as I say above, I am talking 'extreme' cases. They reckon kids are pretty much formed in their understanding of what's right n wrong by the time they are 5. A good start is really important I think.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I've not read the thread past the Original post, but to be honest I think Yes, they should be prosecuted in some cases.

"

I disagree totally. You assume level grounds on intelligence, dietary knowledge and income.

What adults feed children depends on so many factors.

Go to any local supermarket.

1 aisle dedicated to fresh fruit and veg

1 small counter to fish

1 small counter to cheese

1 aisle to meat

An inordinate,immeasurable amount of floor space dedicated to fucking junk..

Pizza, ready made meals, biscuits, cakes, pies, bread, yoghurts, mousses, custards, fish fingers, beefburgers, crisps , salted snacks, ready made curries, frozen foods in batter, sauces, tinned shite of every description, ice cream , lolly ices, sweets, chocolate, fats, the list is endless.

The above foods are cheap. They are cheap because....

Sugar and Refined fat are all it takes to produce them.

Huge U.S.Corporations make billions selling sugar and fat. It is used all over the world to make cheap non nutritious foods.

These companies contribute a nice financial sum to governments.

No one will challenge them. They are hugely successful and powerful. They can afford to eat chicken and greens with fruit for dessert and I suspect they do.

What a lot of people fail to realise is that you are simply the commodity that consumes their products.

It's always easier to blame the wrong people.

Poverty and lack of education result in people doing the best they can.

If you want to prosecute anyone make it the beneficiaries not the powerless.

Spare me the lectures about your mum or you doing 1500 things with a pound of mince. I do that too but stating it doesn't help those that haven't clicked yet.

You all seem to think that each mum or dad is just sitting there force feeding children and that they are clueless in thinking that a walk or a swim would be a good idea.

They work. They have to pack lunches or rely on school to provide a good lunch. When children come home they've been set homework and have to sit and do it. They try to watch t.v as they feel they are entitled to rest at some point in the day. They want to be with friends after school and why not ? They go to bed after a day of hardly moving. They are taken to and picked up from school ? etc etc etc .....

If we want to go down a Eugenic route. Why don't we just BAN the thick and the poor from breeding altogether or just take their kids off them ...... That'd certainly give them more time for surfing.

Ooops ...... but who would keep the rich in business ?

By *ove2-shareCouple  over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

Why not bash the companies instead of the parents, its them who create crap ubhealthy food with confusing labeling then brainwash kids and parents through advertising and clever instore marketing ,the poor are particularly susseptible cos there are lots of false deals out there (two for one deals on the shitest quality products,

" Why don't we just BAN the thick --snip-- from breeding altogether

"

well now that you mention it .....

King's Crustacean

"

Oh Fia ..... there'd be no one to talk to :P

King's Crustacean

Gone to eat bacon .... promise I'll grill it and run on the spot while I eat it .... x

I think it's funny that a few weeks ago on here people were saying how 'affordable' it is to eat healthily, and anyone who bought the cheap fast food option were most likely just to feck'n lazy to cook.

Suddenly when it's a mothers reputation at stake.... obviously it's all down to cost.

Kids need to eat the right stuff and if a small percentage of people are too thick to work that out, then yeah, maybe they should be banned from having 'em in the first pace.

... right, I'm off, there's a Pot Noodle with my name om it

By *plpxp2Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"Why not bash the companies instead of the parents, its them who create crap ubhealthy food with confusing labeling then brainwash kids and parents through advertising and clever instore marketing ,the poor are particularly susseptible cos there are lots of false deals out there (two for one deals on the shitest quality products,"

I'd take it a stage further and bash the Government who are in the pockets of large corporations! Why are the Olympics sponsored by McD's and , linking them to sport and fitness?

All of this is a highly complex problem that raises the question are parents the abuser or victims of the system where junk is cheap, tax is high and corporations are allowed to make mega bucks by ripping us all off.

"Why not bash the companies instead of the parents"

Ban the advertising.

"Why not bash the companies instead of the parents

Ban the advertising."

I believe that in Sweden? ...think it's Sweden. Thay are really tight about that, no 'cute' cartoony things that might appeal to the kids, some adds can only be shown after certain times. It's a good idea I reckon.

By *etitesaraTV/TS  over a year ago

rochdale

"That seems so expensive, car parking fees also? The government want to save money on the obese but seem to tax people by making fitness so expensive. We dont get charged for parking up here at play parks. Just feel too many kids watch too much tv and not enough footie or netball...

Thing is even the local courts you have to pay to use.. they wonder why so many kids dont do things.. but as a mum of quite a few.. it can work out really expensive..

I love to go out but cant even take the kids cycling as one of my daughters CANT cycle due to disability... So swimming is a good one for us..

I think that there needs to be more reduced fees for kids for things.. Even the local green area, now has a carpark that you have to pay to park.. Its not a lot but it puts people off.

although saying that.. one decent xbox game is £44.

Cali "

In my local area there is an open-to-all cycling club that is set up specifically aimed at disabled and disadvantaged kids, using specially-adapted/built bikes for many different uses. It's great to see them out every weekend having fun.

Might be worthwhile seeing if you have something similar in the local area?

Thanks but there isn't.. pretty much all our disabled services have been shut or are shutting. She needs a trike or something.

Cali

"

Education is the key to beating obesity."

i think you'll find that taking exercise and not stuffing unhealthy food fown your mouth are the keys to tackling obesity.

If you didn't feed your kid enough, it would be neglect becsuse it is unhealthy. Same applies to feeding too much. Health issues, confidence issues, social isolation, unable to participate in sports, taunting. Seriously, why would you subject your kids to this? It's not the manufacturers' fault, or the shops' or the advertisers or anyone else. There is only one person responsible for choosing what a kid eats snd thst's the parent. Tske some fucking responsibility.

Oh, snd it's interesting that people blame all these other reasons...yet overweight kids almost always have overweight parents.....

(i'm a teacher, i see this issue every day)

By *etitesaraTV/TS  over a year ago

rochdale

"Thanks but there isn't.. pretty much all our disabled services have been shut or are shutting. She needs a trike or something.

Cali "

Bugger Rochdale Cycling Club have trikes and hand-operated bikes, even two-seater recumbents so an able-bodied helper can sit alongside. Really good club with some very dedicated volunteers.

If a parent starves their child they would get done for child abuse. So if they over feed their child to the point they become obese surely that is child abuse also! It is up to the parent to feed their child healthy and nutritious food and if that means giving up smoking,alcohol and nights out then so be it.

By *ove2-shareCouple  over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

Parents giving up nights out, thats this site fucked then LOL

"Parents giving up nights out, thats this site fucked then LOL"

"

Gotta agree in this age of over breeding and benefits the cycle will keep repeating and local society will keep going to pot I've always said you should have to complete a test in order to have kids something like a driving licence style but it would be pretty hard to police, but something has to be done about the sheer amount of dare I say it, moronic almost inbred's breeding at alarming rates and 9 times out of 10 there the ones with the fat and problem kids Christ I mean grand parents at the age of 30? Almost back to the middle ages.

King's Crustacean

"

Education is the key to beating obesity. i think you'll find that taking exercise and not stuffing unhealthy food fown your mouth are the keys to tackling obesity.

If you didn't feed your kid enough, it would be neglect becsuse it is unhealthy. Same applies to feeding too much. Health issues, confidence issues, social isolation, unable to participate in sports, taunting. Seriously, why would you subject your kids to this? It's not the manufacturers' fault, or the shops' or the advertisers or anyone else. There is only one person responsible for choosing what a kid eats snd thst's the parent. Tske some fucking responsibility.

Oh, snd it's interesting that people blame all these other reasons...yet overweight kids almost always have overweight parents.....

(i'm a teacher, i see this issue every day)"

The fact that you see it every day hasn't altered the glaring fact that you fail to have a broad understanding of the causes of obesity.

When the person you quote said,

'education is the key to tackling obesity',

they clearly meant that parents should be given more information on diet and exercise to enable them to make informed decisions. i.e. take responsibility.

Try and analyse what people say rather than just throwing in 'straw men'; the biggest of which is 'Fat kids have fat parents.' Following this the parents must have had fat parents must have had fat parents........ so that takes us back to Fred Flinstone ! the irresponsible dinosaur sucking bastard of a crap parent.

P.S. Spelling and typing. Must try harder.

King's Crustacean

Gotta agree in this age of over breeding and benefits the cycle will keep repeating and local society will keep going to pot I've always said you should have to complete a test in order to have kids something like a driving licence style but it would be pretty hard to police, but something has to be done about the sheer amount of dare I say it, moronic almost inbred's breeding at alarming rates and 9 times out of 10 there the ones with the fat and problem kids Christ I mean grand parents at the age of 30? Almost back to the middle ages."

Someone remind me ... Did we actually eradicate Nazi'ism ?

Gotta agree in this age of over breeding and benefits the cycle will keep repeating and local society will keep going to pot I've always said you should have to complete a test in order to have kids something like a driving licence style but it would be pretty hard to police, but something has to be done about the sheer amount of dare I say it, moronic almost inbred's breeding at alarming rates and 9 times out of 10 there the ones with the fat and problem kids Christ I mean grand parents at the age of 30? Almost back to the middle ages.

Someone remind me ... Did we actually eradicate Nazi'ism ? "

To be blunt no we didn't take a look at what happens ever day due to religion race etc but that's another topic since when was being fat anything to do with that, this comes down to a common sense issue and breaking the cycle or we are going to end up as the fattest nation on earth.

King's Crustacean

Someone remind me ... Did we actually eradicate Nazi'ism ?

To be blunt no we didn't take a look at what happens ever day due to religion race etc but that's another topic since when was being fat anything to do with that, this comes down to a common sense issue and breaking the cycle or we are going to end up as the fattest nation on earth."

I'd like to thank you for the wry smile i'm wearing ......

Utterly utterly priceless response x

Happy neutering!

Open up Auswitch ! Imagine all the candles we can have after the Moronocaust!

I don't really remember anyone mentioning culling them but then I suppose that would solve a lot of the job and housing issues at the same time as probably reducing crime rates.....

King's Crustacean

"I don't really remember anyone mentioning culling them but then I suppose that would solve a lot of the job and housing issues at the same time as probably reducing crime rates....."

Yes. Fat morons are responsible for all of societies ills.

Helloooo brick wall the topic is about fat kids parents and my original point was 9 times out of ten its the spongers breeding for benefits with them because they couldn't give a fuck and were brought up the same way so yes they should be held responsible and something should be done about it and probably the more extreme the better.

King's Crustacean

"Helloooo brick wall the topic is about fat kids parents and my original point was 9 times out of ten its the spongers breeding for benefits with them because they couldn't give a fuck and were brought up the same way so yes they should be held responsible and something should be done about it and probably the more extreme the better. "

Did you just call me a brick wall ?

"

Yes. Fat morons are responsible for all of societies ills. "

OI! I am NOT!

"

The fact that you see it every day hasn't altered the glaring fact that you fail to have a broad understanding of the causes of obesity.

they clearly meant that parents should be given more information on diet and exercise to enable them to make informed decisions. i.e. take responsibility.

Try and analyse what people say rather than just throwing in 'straw men'; the biggest of which is 'Fat kids have fat parents.' Following this the parents must have had fat parents must have had fat parents........ so that takes us back to Fred Flinstone ! the irresponsible dinosaur sucking bastard of a crap parent.

"

there is only one cause of obesity and that is taking on more calories than the body needs. So it stores it as fat. End of.

If it's food , stop eating so much, if it's exercise, burn more cslories, if it's diabetes, monitor your intake, if it's thyroids, stop eating thyroids.

As for fred flintstone, you are wrong. You only have to go back to ww2 when people grew thrir food and shops weren't full of sugary crap.

I also can't believe that parents don't know that crips, chocolate, chips and pizza are bad for you. They just don't care, becsuse "it's easier"

And i don't give a toss about spelling on a forum. This phone has very dmsll buttons!

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Gave up reading the posts halfway through, so if I have repeated some of what has said before then tough shit!!!!

Why don't you all just take all the fat people, adults and kids, and all the people on benefits, regardless of which benefit it is, to a field and just shoot the fucking lot of 'em, but hey, if you did that, then you would have fuck all to moan about, but then I suppose, some people can always find something to moan about whatever!!!!

Devil

"just take all the fat people, adults and kids, and all the people on benefits, regardless of which benefit it is, to a field and just shoot the fucking lot of 'em,

"

Now you're being silly, where exactly do you think you're going to find a field big enough?

Think the forums should have a jeremy kyle room

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"just take all the fat people, adults and kids, and all the people on benefits, regardless of which benefit it is, to a field and just shoot the fucking lot of 'em,

Now you're being silly, where exactly do you think you're going to find a field big enough?

"

The Isle of Wight, hey I know it's not a field, but you would get everyone on there

Devil

oh and btw I WAS being serious, am sick of all these fat threads being posted.

I'm sure another 'Hot Topic' will be along soon enough

mullinwire

best post yet,totally agree, I think the people who dont agree prob either have a an overweight kid or they ar big themselves."

yes, im big, so what!?

i can guarentee that you and your offspring take more out of the system than i EVER have through benefits and hospital care, so dont you dare look down your nose at anyone that carries extra timber.

you are no better than me!

mullinwire

"Helloooo brick wall the topic is about fat kids parents and my original point was 9 times out of ten its the spongers breeding for benefits with them because they couldn't give a fuck and were brought up the same way so yes they should be held responsible and something should be done about it and probably the more extreme the better. "

where do you get your statistics from?

im fat and my parents werent benefit scroungers, and i dont have a criminal record

jesus, some people need to sit down before opening their mouths, cuz then your voice would be muffled and your crap would be incomprehensible

King's Crustacean

"

there is only one cause of obesity and that is taking on more calories than the body needs. So it stores it as fat. End of.

If it's food , stop eating so much, if it's exercise, burn more cslories, if it's diabetes, monitor your intake, if it's thyroids, stop eating thyroids.

As for fred flintstone, you are wrong. You only have to go back to ww2 when people grew thrir food and shops weren't full of sugary crap.

I also can't believe that parents don't know that crips, chocolate, chips and pizza are bad for you. They just don't care, becsuse "it's easier"

And i don't give a toss about spelling on a forum. This phone has very dmsll buttons!"

Sir! Sir! We all KNOW that consuming 2x calories and expending only x calories results in the storage of x calories worth in fat. Spare us the patronisation.

It's your BLAME culture I can't agree with and your conviction that parent's act irresponsibly 'because the don't care because they take the easy option.

You say that we only have to go back to the 40's to find that people ate healthily ...... so ... when did the first FAT people get into society? AND.... who do you blame for that ? Their war time mums n dads ?

Think ..... please sir ...... Think... only THEN engage your brain.

Uhmmmmmm do you teach P.E poppet ?

The proportion of fat kids in the 40s was lower. Fact. They still had fag kids, but not as many as today.

You can't blame an 8yo for not knowing about heslthy eating- but you can expect an adult to know. You seem to not like me 'blaming' soneone? Well before you solve a problem, you have to know the cause. The cause, in my opinion, is/are the people filling the trolleys in the supermarket, or the parents sending kids to school with cans of redbull, fruit shoots, sweets snd crisps EVERY DAY.

Your attempts at patronising humour are only highlighting the fact that you don't seem to understand the extent of the problem and that you think no-one should be held accountable

"

Uhmmmmmm do you teach P.E poppet ?"

No i don't, but if i did, i 'd be on the frontline trying to make kids take excercise and be healthy! Why don't YOU think? My statements are based on years of experience, parents evenings, intervention crisis meetings and involvement with social services, and watching fat kids get isolated and left out. Save your imbecilic patronising comments for people down the pub, rather than people who know more about the subject in question than you do. Just because your profile states you are large, don't assume it's ok for an 11 yo to be so obese he physicslly can't play any sport.

I know of a child that was starved and mistreated and even when said child was taken into care the parents still were not prosecuted so to prosecute parents that feed their child all be it badly over ones that don't feed them at all, education is what is needed

King's Crustacean

"

No i don't, but if i did, i 'd be on the frontline trying to make kids take excercise and be healthy! Why don't YOU think? My statements are based on years of experience, parents evenings, intervention crisis meetings and involvement with social services, and watching fat kids get isolated and left out. Save your imbecilic patronising comments for people down the pub, rather than people who know more about the subject in question than you do. Just because your profile states you are large, don't assume it's ok for an 11 yo to be so obese he physicslly can't play any sport."

1. What are the obesity statistics for the 40’s and now?

2. You can’t expect an adult to just ‘know’hence the obesity epidemic we are in now.

3. I don’t mind you blaming someone as long as it’s reasoned out and not just mindless parent baiting by those with particular prejudices.

4. I do know we need to know the cause. I said that to you before.

5. People buying inadequate food only partially covers the causES - plural.

6. If you teach how do you get time to check what children have brought in every day? And how do you know their parents gave it to them ?

7. I fully understand the extent of the problem and the causes.

8. I don’t attempt to be patronising . I generally succeed where it was intended.

9. At no point did I say no one should be held accountable

10. I do think.

11. Why do you watch fat kids ?

12. The people down my pub have good logic and reasoning skills and they can hold their own without getting precious. Oh and could you please define imbecile for me? I don’t think you will have far to look.

13. You don’t know more about the subject than I do. I can tell by what you say and the fact that you teach, whereas I am actively involved in the subject under discussion.

14. My profile does say i’m large yes – thanks for looking xxx It is open to interpretation and to being used against me by inadequate people who need to personally insult to feel good.

15. You really musn’t assume that I assume. I seldom do and it's certainly not okay that eleven year olds are too obese to play sport.

16. I really do find it difficult to believe that you are responsible for the nations children.

Thanks for your comments. I’ll be happy to talk in P.M if you want but won’t reply further in open forums.

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

"

No i don't, but if i did, i 'd be on the frontline trying to make kids take excercise and be healthy! Why don't YOU think? My statements are based on years of experience, parents evenings, intervention crisis meetings and involvement with social services, and watching fat kids get isolated and left out. Save your imbecilic patronising comments for people down the pub, rather than people who know more about the subject in question than you do. Just because your profile states you are large, don't assume it's ok for an 11 yo to be so obese he physicslly can't play any sport.

2. You can’t expect an adult to just ‘know’hence the obesity epidemic we are in now.

3. I don’t mind you blaming someone as long as it’s reasoned out and not just mindless parent baiting by those with particular prejudices.

6. If you teach how do you get time to check what children have brought in every day? And how do you know their parents gave it to them ?

8. I don’t attempt to be patronising . I generally succeed where it was intended.

10. I do think.

12. The people down my pub have good logic and reasoning skills and they can hold their own without getting precious. Oh and could you please define imbecile for me? I don’t think you will have far to look.

13. You don’t know more about the subject than I do. I can tell by what you say and the fact that you teach, whereas I am actively involved in the subject under discussion.

14. My profile does say i’m large yes – thanks for looking xxx It is open to interpretation and to being used against me by inadequate people who need to personally insult to feel good.

15. You really musn’t assume that I assume. I seldom do and it's certainly not okay that eleven year olds are too obese to play sport.

16. I really do find it difficult to believe that you are responsible for the nations children.

Thanks for your comments. I’ll be happy to talk in P.M if you want but won’t reply further in open forums.

"

Badda bing, badda boom!

mullinwire

"

10. I do think.

Badda bing, badda boom! "

score one for the 'norms'

Yes.

[Removed by poster at 13/05/12 18:46:49]

"

10. I do think.

"

I'll mot respond to each, but the relevant ones are:

2. Yes you can. They've been alive long enough

3. It's not mindless. Parents choose the food in the household- or give kids money with no supervision on how it's spent. Adults who don 't look after their bodies will find it hard yo pass on good habits to their children.

6. I do supervision in the hall at lunchtimes and the litter is all round the school

8. Agreed. You succeeded in being patronising. Unnecessarily

11. Stop trying to insinuate some kind of pervy behaviour. Childish. It's my job to monitor kids in school snd their pastoral welfare.

14. The first personal insults came from you in the form of patronising comments.

16. I don't drink much, don't smoke, don't swear in front of kids, provide support for the kids in my year that were sexually abused as younger children, am fair in my dealings with them, promote education ss a good thing, healthy eating, not drop litter, use good msnners, be a shoulder for kids to cry on when their homelife gets too much etc. i think i'm quite a good role model.

But in fairness to your opinion i haven't demonstrated that here becsuse i assume i am talking to adults, and can conduct myself with a little less formality.

I shsll stop here too.

» Add a new message to this topic