FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I am not at all religeous BUT

I am not at all religeous BUT

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Christian Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani has been executed in Iran. He is the pastor who has been imprisoned and found guilty by the courts in Iran of being a Christian. Now he’s been executed in spite of international appeals to spare his life. He was hanged today. Where is the outcry from the White House over the murder of this innocent Christian minister? Where is the outcry from the church in America and around the world? The silence is deafening!

Pastor gets executed in Iran. Where is the phone call from Obama on this one? Where is the outrage from Gloria Allred, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpeton, and the media? Do you now see the hypocrisy? I don't have to tell you what would happen if we executed a Muslim Cleric in America do I?

When you don't cry out for others, then there is no one left to cry out when it happens to you!!! Instead of sharing the latest celebrity outing, try sharing this on your wall...This makes me sick to my stomach ... Please pray for this man and his family!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't know very much about this case but if, as it appears, this man has been executed for apostacy, then I could not agree with you more.

Where is the international condemnation?

Thoughts and prayers to his loved ones...

Condemnation on religious grounds is exactly what causes wars and anger - Muslim , Christian , buddist even ( look at the atrocities in Tibet ) so my guess is that as it's already a battlefield , further outcries are gonna just intensify an already inflamed situation .

"Christian Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani has been executed in Iran. He is the pastor who has been imprisoned and found guilty by the courts in Iran of being a Christian. Now he’s been executed in spite of international appeals to spare his life. He was hanged today. Where is the outcry from the White House over the murder of this innocent Christian minister? Where is the outcry from the church in America and around the world? The silence is deafening!

Pastor gets executed in Iran. Where is the phone call from Obama on this one? Where is the outrage from Gloria Allred, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpeton, and the media? Do you now see the hypocrisy? I don't have to tell you what would happen if we executed a Muslim Cleric in America do I?

When you don't cry out for others, then there is no one left to cry out when it happens to you!!! Instead of sharing the latest celebrity outing, try sharing this on your wall...This makes me sick to my stomach ... Please pray for this man and his family!"

I have already

And in his spare time he used to paint a target on his t-shirt and wander around firing ranges for a laugh. Sorry but sometime you get what you deserve

"Condemnation on religious grounds is exactly what causes wars and anger - Muslim , Christian , buddist even ( look at the atrocities in Tibet ) so my guess is that as it's already a battlefield , further outcries are gonna just intensify an already inflamed situation . "

Err... No...

Going to war in the name of religion is what starts wars...;-)

Condemnation of atrocities in the name of religious belief is peacekeeping...

"Condemnation on religious grounds is exactly what causes wars and anger - Muslim , Christian , buddist even ( look at the atrocities in Tibet ) so my guess is that as it's already a battlefield , further outcries are gonna just intensify an already inflamed situation .

Err... No...

Going to war in the name of religion is what starts wars...;-)

Condemnation of atrocities in the name of religious belief is peacekeeping...

"

All the problems here seem to be over religion! If religion was in a court of law it would never get away with it

" All the problems here seem to be over religion! If religion was in a court of law it would never get away with it "

Religion has survived many courts of law over the millenia...

Religious extremists on the other hand...;-)

" All the problems here seem to be over religion! If religion was in a court of law it would never get away with it

Religious extremists on the other hand...;-)"

Yeah exactly what the fool who went out there was No sympathy "With God as my protecter" Try an AK47 pal

If condemnation of atrocities in the name of religion is peacekeeping , perhaps someone forgot that fact when they sanctioned retaliation which is precisely the point I was making !

" All the problems here seem to be over religion! If religion was in a court of law it would never get away with it

Religious extremists on the other hand...;-) Yeah exactly what the fool who went out there was No sympathy "With God as my protecter" Try an AK47 pal "

Ahh... There really is no arguing with your logic...

"If condemnation of atrocities in the name of religion is peacekeeping , perhaps someone forgot that fact when they sanctioned retaliation which is precisely the point I was making !

"

You said it yourself... "Someone"...

Religion did not sanction anything... Quite the opposite in fact...

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

"Christian Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani has been executed in Iran. He is the pastor who has been imprisoned and found guilty by the courts in Iran of being a Christian. Now he’s been executed in spite of international appeals to spare his life. He was hanged today. Where is the outcry from the White House over the murder of this innocent Christian minister? Where is the outcry from the church in America and around the world? The silence is deafening!

When you don't cry out for others, then there is no one left to cry out when it happens to you!!! Instead of sharing the latest celebrity outing, try sharing this on your wall...This makes me sick to my stomach ... Please pray for this man and his family!"

Ffs you are back .

Was always taught defend the truth to defend your faith. Great religion that allows no free thinking and requires blind faith

" ......and you will find the nearest in love to the believers (Muslims) those who say: ‘We are Christians.’”

............ “That is because amongst them are priests and monks, and they are not proud

Koran [al-Maa'idah 5:82] (interpretation)

Religion been used politically for control and power since the dawn of time and it is no different today.

I can't find anywhere on the web that confirms this man has been executed, only that he under sentence of death. His lawyer has also been threatened with jail for defending him but he is still at liberty.

Can this story be confirmed before we all up arms and head off on a new Crusade. Ta.

Does seem a little strange that there's no confirmation anywhere?

Rumours of his death have been greatly exagerated. It would have been on the news

"And in his spare time he used to paint a target on his t-shirt and wander around firing ranges for a laugh. Sorry but sometime you get what you deserve "

Yes, just like Martin Luther King did and others of his ilk.....

I have had a look at Reuters News Agency and other news sites but can find nothing to confirm this. There is one report of someone making a spoof report of his execution. There is another that the Iranians will not be executing him. There is yet another stating that his lawyer has been sentenced to 9 years imprisonment.

America might not be saying or doing much but the way things are going anyway, they prob will be going to war with Iran this year for nukes they don't even have.

"Christian Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani has been executed in Iran. He is the pastor who has been imprisoned and found guilty by the courts in Iran of being a Christian. Now he?s been executed in spite of international appeals to spare his life. He was hanged today. Where is the outcry from the White House over the murder of this innocent Christian minister? Where is the outcry from the church in America and around the world? The silence is deafening!

If the big multi-national companies ruling the American government, and perversely ours, had decided that Iran was their place of choice to exploit money from it's oilfields etc. at this moment in time, then I assure you that there would be an 'outrage'. It's all about money, they don't give a flying fuck about anybody else and as long as the majority of the population can't think any further than fucking x factor, then that's the way it will stay. Where were the outrages in Rawanda? What about the civil war in Nicaragua? Oh yeah, forgot about that one, a democratically elected left wing government ended up at war with rebel forces funded by America as the multinational companies payroll was in jeopardy, same as many other places in that region such as Grenada. Makes my fucking blood boil!!!!!

A little history lesson.

In the 1950's an arab country elected a non religious government which then decided to nationalise it's oil industry and remove the western oil companies.

This didn't please the oil companies who managed to de-stabilise the democratically elected government and put in power their own puppet government. Some years later, this puppet was chucked out and now the country has a hard line islamic government.

The country is Iran, so before anyone gets upset about their islamic leaders, remember it was western capitalism which laid the foundations for them.

"A little history lesson.

In the 1950's an arab country elected a non religious government which then decided to nationalise it's oil industry and remove the western oil companies.

This didn't please the oil companies who managed to de-stabilise the democratically elected government and put in power their own puppet government. Some years later, this puppet was chucked out and now the country has a hard line islamic government.

The country is Iran, so before anyone gets upset about their islamic leaders, remember it was western capitalism which laid the foundations for them."

also same people who funded Taliban in Afghanistan and Sadam Hussein in Iraq when they were deemed useful

The country is Iran, so before anyone gets upset about their islamic leaders, remember it was western capitalism which laid the foundations for them.

also same people who funded Taliban in Afghanistan and Sadam Hussein in Iraq when they were deemed useful "

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing.

It's absolutely ludicrous to use events of the past to judge events of the present. Would the Russians have lost 10,000 soldiers in Afghanistan if they'd known that twenty years after they were kicked out the West would be fighting out there.

At the time of th Shah of Iran, the US deemed him a US-friendly person to have in charge out there, and thus supported his govt. We do the same to countries who are friendly to us - who wouldn't - the enemy of my friend is also my enemy etc etc.

But, leaders come and go, regimes change and what was once a US/UK-friendly country is no longer, but what's happening out there now has got little to do with 20 years and 2 leaders ago.

also same people who funded Taliban in Afghanistan and Sadam Hussein in Iraq when they were deemed useful

It's absolutely ludicrous to use events of the past to judge events of the present. Would the Russians have lost 10,000 soldiers in Afghanistan if they'd known that twenty years after they were kicked out the West would be fighting out there.

At the time of th Shah of Iran, the US deemed him a US-friendly person to have in charge out there, and thus supported his govt. We do the same to countries who are friendly to us - who wouldn't - the enemy of my friend is also my enemy etc etc.

But, leaders come and go, regimes change and what was once a US/UK-friendly country is no longer, but what's happening out there now has got little to do with 20 years and 2 leaders ago."

So their sudden change of view on Iraq, with the same regime still in place was nothing to do with them wanting to get their hands on its oil then and was just a humanitarian effort to help Kuwait? Get your head out of the sand

Sorry, my last comment sounds a bit blunt. Don't mean to be a dick

But, leaders come and go, regimes change and what was once a US/UK-friendly country is no longer, but what's happening out there now has got little to do with 20 years and 2 leaders ago."

You are so wrong. What is happening there now is a direct result of what happened before. The west removed the democratic secular Iranian government and installed the Shah. The Iranians hated him and in the ensuing revolution the Ayatollahs came to power. If we had left the Iranians alone, we wouldn't have trouble we have now.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"I don't know very much about this case but if, as it appears, this man has been executed for apostacy, then I could not agree with you more.

Where is the international condemnation?"

"I don't know very much about this case but if, as it appears, this man has been executed for apostacy, then I could not agree with you more.

Where is the international condemnation?"

dunno but you could look in the last place you would think of?

But, leaders come and go, regimes change and what was once a US/UK-friendly country is no longer, but what's happening out there now has got little to do with 20 years and 2 leaders ago.

You are so wrong. What is happening there now is a direct result of what happened before. The west removed the democratic secular Iranian government and installed the Shah. The Iranians hated him and in the ensuing revolution the Ayatollahs came to power. If we had left the Iranians alone, we wouldn't have trouble we have now."

Have not seen anything about this man's death as I have trawled through the obituaries this week

"Have not seen anything about this man's death as I have trawled through the obituaries this week "

There ya go then, the guy is still alive if Stu the Stiffseeker hasn't found him.

By *ellAndBobCouple  over a year ago

Farnborough

" Where is the outcry from the White House over the murder of this innocent Christian minister? Where is the outcry from the church in America and around the world? The silence is deafening!

When you don't cry out for others, then there is no one left to cry out when it happens to you!!! "

Because that is exactly what they want. They want to provoke us and widen the divide between the muslim world and the western world.

I feel sorry for the guy. I feel he was certainly a brave and inspirational figure, doing what he felt was best but he knew the law in Iran. He knew what the likely punishment would be for proselytising. He must have known he was courting martyrdom.

The plain fact is that they want to provoke us. If Obama was to phone Ahmadinejad and tell him off, then next week they'd hang 10 more christians just to show us they could.

» Add a new message to this topic