FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Relax and unwind your mind

Relax and unwind your mind

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ntrigued32 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

Evening fabbers, I hope you're all keeping well and staying safe.

Now I know I'm not the only one and don't claim to be. Infact I believe as a world 'We' are Anxious.

So what can we actively do to relax?

What do you do?

How do your children relax?

Let's help each other out with hints and tips on how to. If we take care of each other we should get through this.

Stay safe and spread kindness.

Jo.Xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Oh Jo, x

It is really fucking awful right now isn't it? My anxiety is yoyo-ing constantly. I think that being compassionate goes a long way - reaching out to others and checking in on how they are doing is good for them and you. Sometimes people don't want to talk and that's okay, more than.

Right now opening up and being honest about my mental state is helping - it's okay to not be okay. On the same hand, if your way of coping is crying or screaming into a pillow - you do you. Just be kind to yourselves and try and remember it will pass.

Practising yoga. My friend is doing online Facebook classes so I'm lucky in that way but YouTube has a wealth of brilliant videos available. Even taking 10 minutes out to focus and ground yourself can help a lot.

Things that promote and boost endorphin levels; basically self care but ramped up. Talk to people you love. Tell them you do. Run a hot bath or have a good shower with that expensive shower gel you've been saving. Light a nice candle. Opening windows and airing out a room helps. Orgasms help release tension as well.

Yesterday I watched Stardust. It's daft, sure. But being able to switch off and watch something lighthearted helped me a lot after sad news.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Meditation, keeping busy. Exercise. Alternating between wallowing and working out of it. Focus on helping others.

Normally reminding myself that it's irrational helps

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Ah buggertits I waffled! Sorry Jo! x

Nottingham

"Ah buggertits I waffled! Sorry Jo! x"

No Meli, you made me smile, so thank you.

Jo.Xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Oh Jo, x

It is really fucking awful right now isn't it? My anxiety is yoyo-ing constantly. I think that being compassionate goes a long way - reaching out to others and checking in on how they are doing is good for them and you. Sometimes people don't want to talk and that's okay, more than.

Right now opening up and being honest about my mental state is helping - it's okay to not be okay. On the same hand, if your way of coping is crying or screaming into a pillow - you do you. Just be kind to yourselves and try and remember it will pass.

Practising yoga. My friend is doing online Facebook classes so I'm lucky in that way but YouTube has a wealth of brilliant videos available. Even taking 10 minutes out to focus and ground yourself can help a lot.

Things that promote and boost endorphin levels; basically self care but ramped up. Talk to people you love. Tell them you do. Run a hot bath or have a good shower with that expensive shower gel you've been saving. Light a nice candle. Opening windows and airing out a room helps. Orgasms help release tension as well.

Yesterday I watched Stardust. It's daft, sure. But being able to switch off and watch something lighthearted helped me a lot after sad news.

"

We had stardust on too

By *evil-AngelWoman  over a year ago

"Ah buggertits I waffled! Sorry Jo! x"

Buggertits - that made me smile

I don't think you waffled, I think you wrote a lovely post.

Im normally calm but Im feeling the angst tonight for some reason. I need to turn off the phone and tv and such like and just read instead or do gardening or something. It takes effort to unplug and lose the constant stream of 'busyness' I think I need.

Try not to label things

Not ‘I am anxious’ it’s ‘I have anxiety’

Something you have, you can deal with and manage and it doesn’t define how you are feeling.

Something I’ve found helpful lately.

Randomly forcing yourself to smile actually makes me feel happy during and afterward.

I think it’s the ridiculousness of forcing a smile but it does work, not a long term fix but it helps me.

Smileyface

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Meditation- only recently started it. Took a while to really get into it but, it’s great

Exercise and self love seems to work for me

Nottingham

"Something I’ve found helpful lately.

Randomly forcing yourself to smile actually makes me feel happy during and afterward.

I think it’s the ridiculousness of forcing a smile but it does work, not a long term fix but it helps me.

Smileyface "

This is actually true, its science and everything.

Jo.Xx

By *orraine999Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere

I’m still working so that helps some. I try and stay busy but when my brain won’t switch off at night and I’m tossing and turning, exhaustion is setting in.

"I’m still working so that helps some. I try and stay busy but when my brain won’t switch off at night and I’m tossing and turning, exhaustion is setting in."

I found that the other night. I put a really dull movie on and it did the trick of making me fall asleep.

"Meditation- only recently started it. Took a while to really get into it but, it’s great "

How did you get into it? An app?

Nottingham

"Im normally calm but Im feeling the angst tonight for some reason. I need to turn off the phone and tv and such like and just read instead or do gardening or something. It takes effort to unplug and lose the constant stream of 'busyness' I think I need. "

I sleep when I need to completely switch off.

Jo.Xx

Nottingham

"Try not to label things

Not ‘I am anxious’ it’s ‘I have anxiety’

Something you have, you can deal with and manage and it doesn’t define how you are feeling."

Thank you,I'll try that.

Jo.Xx

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Meditation- only recently started it. Took a while to really get into it but, it’s great

How did you get into it? An app?"

The Calm app. You can get a free trial. I ended up subscribing for a year as i really got a lot of use from it.

Nottingham

"Meditation- only recently started it. Took a while to really get into it but, it’s great "

I'm sure I tried this years ago but not since I've had kids. I would like to try again though.

Jo.Xx

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Just daft times with the kid, laughter is a good tonic

As most know I’m not scared at making a fool of myself if it makes people laugh.

Other than that, I’ll be reading, drawing and checking in on family & friends far and wide ..... no one is alone and keeping chatting & laughing is important

Nottingham

"Exercise and self love seems to work for me "

At the same time?

Jo.Xx

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

PE with Joe at 9 on tv in the morning. The kids can join in too.

For those feeling a little anxious here’s another way to look at what’s happening:

You will start to do things you haven’t done for a while because life became too busy to do them.

You will hear sounds you have not heard for a while because they have been masked by white noise - yes! Nature is waiting for you to rediscover it

Rediscover what’s growing in your garden - take time out each day to see what’s new. Have your children record the plants growing

Learn to enjoy each day by writing a journal or on slips of paper into a box. Record your thoughts and diarise what happens each day

I’m here if anyone needs to talk xx

Same here, I have to do guided tho or I wander too much

P

"

I sleep when I need to completely switch off.

Jo.Xx "

This is what I'm like. I don't think it does me good though

P

By *olieandSlaveCouple  over a year ago

Stafford

Punching bitches.

Oops. No

I mean guided meditations on Youtube

I'm trying to limit my phone time while still keeping in touch with people. It's non stop otherwise with friends and family, news alerts, emails about cancelled things - too stressful.

I have a lot of uni work still to get through so that will keep me busy and distracted.

Also trying to come up with as many fun, relaxing things as possible to do with my little one. So far we've got Cosmic Kids Yoga, Joe Wicks classes, baking bread and cakes, big walks with the dog, school work, Sumdog, Roblox, writing stories, taking turns of doing family facetime quizzes and games and she's giving me tic tok dance lessons. I'll be knackered but fit by the end of this!

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Third day of Spring tomorrow.Connect with Nature.Sight,Sound.In your place of residence look out of your window,open your window. If you can do your one day exercise: Solo: walk,run,cycle.

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 23/03/20 23:52:57]

On a mooch

"I'm trying to limit my phone time while still keeping in touch with people. It's non stop otherwise with friends and family, news alerts, emails about cancelled things - too stressful.

I have a lot of uni work still to get through so that will keep me busy and distracted.

Also trying to come up with as many fun, relaxing things as possible to do with my little one. So far we've got Cosmic Kids Yoga, Joe Wicks classes, baking bread and cakes, big walks with the dog, school work, Sumdog, Roblox, writing stories, taking turns of doing family facetime quizzes and games and she's giving me tic tok dance lessons. I'll be knackered but fit by the end of this!

Any other suggestions are welcome."

I don’t know if you like drawing but I’ve bought back a game I did as a child with my lad

You both have a piece of paper, draw a head independently then fold it backwards so hidden, then swap your papers, draw the torso and arms (not hands) again fold abs swap, next his hips to knees, swap and finally lower legs and feet.

It can create some great laughs as you unravel them to see what’s been created

"I'm trying to limit my phone time while still keeping in touch with people. It's non stop otherwise with friends and family, news alerts, emails about cancelled things - too stressful.

I don’t know if you like drawing but I’ve bought back a game I did as a child with my lad

You both have a piece of paper, draw a head independently then fold it backwards so hidden, then swap your papers, draw the torso and arms (not hands) again fold abs swap, next his hips to knees, swap and finally lower legs and feet.

It can create some great laughs as you unravel them to see what’s been created "

Yeah we do that one a lot actually! It's good fun. Plus boy/girl where you race to name things starting with a certain letter and 'walking the dog' where you draw shapes all over paper without lifting the pen and then have to colour each section differently. Trying to do all the games my granny would have played with me so it's not just constant technology! I think it's good for both of our heads.

On a mooch

It can create some great laughs as you unravel them to see what’s been created

Yeah we do that one a lot actually! It's good fun. Plus boy/girl where you race to name things starting with a certain letter and 'walking the dog' where you draw shapes all over paper without lifting the pen and then have to colour each section differently. Trying to do all the games my granny would have played with me so it's not just constant technology! I think it's good for both of our heads."

It definitely is good to bring out the old ways and my lad still enjoys the old games I played with my nanna

Nottingham

Some brilliant suggestions so far people, thank you.

Keep them coming please.

Jo.Xx

I am doing fine. I am doing ashtanga yoga, meditation and deep breathing. I can breath out for 20 seconds it is is a good way to get relaxed

» Add a new message to this topic