FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Here is my ultimate at home workout.

Here is my ultimate at home workout.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just because the gyms have closed cos of the corona virus doesnt mean you have to stop workong out, you dont need heavy weight to see result the key to use is time under tension like 2 to 4 seconds reps, it recruits more muscle fibres by using this technique.

Here is my ultimate at home workout there are many things you can do but you have to improvise, all you need is 2 chairs and a broom stick, water bottles and backpack or sand. I will go through each body part here. I will be using a dip bar instead of the chairs.

Chest: Do push ups by having your feet on the ground you are only using 75% or by making it harder place them on the sofa thrn you are using 100% of your body weight, you can also use the chairs and use it for the outer chest place them so that your hands are just outside the shoulders, here is my tip by making push ups harder, focus on time under tension were a rep to last 2 to 4 seconds.

Back: Bent over rows 2 hands, use the broom stick and on each side place a bag and put in some water bottles, place your feet apart and bend over and place both hands on the bar and bring it up so it touches your belly button and hold it for a bit then down. here is a variation by one hand, lean down with the left hand and raise the other arm back up in the air then change it

Shoulders: Standing shoulder press, side lats, front raises, take the broom stick load the weights each side and take it from ground to above your head, for side lats take a water bottle on each hand and raise them on the sides the same goes for the front raises just take the hands and bring them forward, down and up.

Biceps: Biceps bar curls and biceps one arm curls load the broom stick with the weights and use both arms and for the biceps curl take a bag and load it.

Triceps: Triceps press take the bag and stand up but raise it up and down behind your head, another variation is to do it on the sofa or the dip bar.

Legs: Load the bag on your back and do normal squats.

Cardio: I have an excersize bike. I will dk 10 to 17km a day on it, if you dont you can stand and do jogging or if you have stairs you can walk up and down several times. I will be walking the stairs too.

Rep range: 10 to 15. For big body parts I recommended 10 reps but for the smaller higher reps such as side lats front raise 15 reps.

Frequency: I recommend working out with the weights 3 times a week but do cardio everyday as you cant go out.

Yoga: I would advise to do yoga as it is good for over all well being and by being inside so much it can help you to cope mentally as well. I already do ashtanga yoga with meditation and deep breathing.

Nutrition: It depends what your goal are and if you dont know your maintenance calories google tdee calculator then add or subtract depending if you want too gain weight or lose weight. I am in a calorie defic as I am doing the summer shredding .

How will you be training and what routine will you use

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

You should make a series of videos showing us the correct form for these exercises

By *ntrigued32Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

"You should make a series of videos showing us the correct form for these exercises "

Definitely.

Jo.Xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've got a pull up bar and a punchbag

Going to make the most of them

Thank god I have weights, gym mats and other equipment..... i would go nuts without being able to workout. My only problem is i will miss the cardio

"You should make a series of videos showing us the correct form for these exercises

Definitely.

Jo.Xx "

Yes that sounds like a good idea too

By *uscularLoveMan  over a year ago

london

This is actually a good post OP.

May I add some different variations of these excercises.

Chest; one hand push ups, wider hand push ups and explosive push ups (push yourself of ground).

Triceps; traingle pushups (hands together). Dips and tricep pushbacks (water bottle)

Biceps; one arm curls, pull ups and reverse curls.

Back; wide grip pull ups and resistance bands.

Shoulders; front raises, side raises and front rows. Handstand push ups if u can manage it.

Legs; lunges and sqauts, single leg squats and calf raises.

Abs; crunches, sit-ups, leg raises and bicycle kicks with 45 second planks

Cardio; burpees and skipping, star jumps and 30 second spot sprints.

Great thread! I agree though, videos are much easier to understand

By *obwithkiltMan  over a year ago

Belton

Truck Festival (check the usual social media sites) has a live workout with Mr Motivator at 12.30pm today!! Joe wicks is doing workouts at 9am every morning too!!

Bob

"You should make a series of videos showing us the correct form for these exercises "

Naked of course

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"You should make a series of videos showing us the correct form for these exercises

Naked of course "

I thought that went without saying, but yes that's how I envisaged it

"I've got a pull up bar and a punchbag

Going to make the most of them"

That is a good way too to do it

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

Thanks for this OP, I will be using this workout, but adding in some squats

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Yep good idea!

These ideas are fab. Please please post naked workout videos

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Just because the gyms have closed cos of the corona virus doesnt mean you have to stop workong out, you dont need heavy weight to see result the key to use is time under tension like 2 to 4 seconds reps, it recruits more muscle fibres by using this technique.

Here is my ultimate at home workout there are many things you can do but you have to improvise, all you need is 2 chairs and a broom stick, water bottles and backpack or sand. I will go through each body part here. I will be using a dip bar instead of the chairs.

Chest: Do push ups by having your feet on the ground you are only using 75% or by making it harder place them on the sofa thrn you are using 100% of your body weight, you can also use the chairs and use it for the outer chest place them so that your hands are just outside the shoulders, here is my tip by making push ups harder, focus on time under tension were a rep to last 2 to 4 seconds.

Back: Bent over rows 2 hands, use the broom stick and on each side place a bag and put in some water bottles, place your feet apart and bend over and place both hands on the bar and bring it up so it touches your belly button and hold it for a bit then down. here is a variation by one hand, lean down with the left hand and raise the other arm back up in the air then change it

Shoulders: Standing shoulder press, side lats, front raises, take the broom stick load the weights each side and take it from ground to above your head, for side lats take a water bottle on each hand and raise them on the sides the same goes for the front raises just take the hands and bring them forward, down and up.

Biceps: Biceps bar curls and biceps one arm curls load the broom stick with the weights and use both arms and for the biceps curl take a bag and load it.

Triceps: Triceps press take the bag and stand up but raise it up and down behind your head, another variation is to do it on the sofa or the dip bar.

Legs: Load the bag on your back and do normal squats.

Cardio: I have an excersize bike. I will dk 10 to 17km a day on it, if you dont you can stand and do jogging or if you have stairs you can walk up and down several times. I will be walking the stairs too.

Rep range: 10 to 15. For big body parts I recommended 10 reps but for the smaller higher reps such as side lats front raise 15 reps.

Frequency: I recommend working out with the weights 3 times a week but do cardio everyday as you cant go out.

Yoga: I would advise to do yoga as it is good for over all well being and by being inside so much it can help you to cope mentally as well. I already do ashtanga yoga with meditation and deep breathing.

Nutrition: It depends what your goal are and if you dont know your maintenance calories google tdee calculator then add or subtract depending if you want too gain weight or lose weight. I am in a calorie defic as I am doing the summer shredding .

How will you be training and what routine will you use "

"Thank god I have weights, gym mats and other equipment..... i would go nuts without being able to workout. My only problem is i will miss the cardio "
Yes the cardio there, do you have stairs? One way would be to run up and down. I do that as well

I'm sure she forgot the word naked there lols all the ladies would be loving that

"This is actually a good post OP.

May I add some different variations of these excercises.

Chest; one hand push ups, wider hand push ups and explosive push ups (push yourself of ground).

Triceps; traingle pushups (hands together). Dips and tricep pushbacks (water bottle)

Biceps; one arm curls, pull ups and reverse curls.

Back; wide grip pull ups and resistance bands.

Shoulders; front raises, side raises and front rows. Handstand push ups if u can manage it.

Legs; lunges and sqauts, single leg squats and calf raises.

Abs; crunches, sit-ups, leg raises and bicycle kicks with 45 second planks

Cardio; burpees and skipping, star jumps and 30 second spot sprints.

"

Ty pal and that is good examples too of it

Naked of course

I thought that went without saying, but yes that's how I envisaged it "

Yes a naked instructional video

"Thanks for this OP, I will be using this workout, but adding in some squats "
Yw and yes adding in some squats too is good too

For cardio add in star jumps, skipping (with or without rope), butt kicks, boxing, anything like that. As energetically as you can for 2 mins at a time.

Jillian Michaels does an excellent workout, 30 day shred

Even just reading that makes me tired

Pull up bars sold out on Amazon!

Had to pull the skipping rope out of the garage! 5k run done on alternate days now- instead of once a week.

Great tips on here. Thanks!

Defo need to start yoga. Where do I start with this?

I have a rucksack with 30kg of sand in, I've scrounged 30kg of weights and some dumbbell bars and have 2 50kg resistance bands.

I should be able to retain some strength with that.

Push ups tonight with the bag and weights in registered 130kg on scales so should be ok.

Single leg squats with the bag on, rows with the bag, deadlifts with the bands and the bag.

Have to make do

By *LOVEpinacoladasWoman  over a year ago

East Sussex

"Defo need to start yoga. Where do I start with this? "

Yoga With Adriene on YouTube is a great place to start. She has a whole set of 'yoga for beginners' videos.

Also groups sessions by categories, eg: length of practice, and has specific videos for all different kinds of thing.

"Defo need to start yoga. Where do I start with this?

Yoga With Adriene on YouTube is a great place to start. She has a whole set of 'yoga for beginners' videos.

Also groups sessions by categories, eg: length of practice, and has specific videos for all different kinds of thing."

Thanks E. She looks hot (and fit!). I’ll give this a try tomorrow...probably with a throbbing erection!

"Thank god I have weights, gym mats and other equipment..... i would go nuts without being able to workout. My only problem is i will miss the cardio "

Do a 30 min HIIT.

Or this one is awesome: https://youtu.be/cZnsLVArIt8

X

Husband bought a full on gym for at home before Christmas...... gutted cos now I shall have to bloody use it......can you do weights whilst eating crisp hmmmmm

"For cardio add in star jumps, skipping (with or without rope), butt kicks, boxing, anything like that. As energetically as you can for 2 mins at a time.

Jillian Michaels does an excellent workout, 30 day shred "

That sounds like a good cardio workout as well

Good workouts everyone

I have just posted a pic of me doing some training at home and here I am doing the biceps bar curl. I loaded the bags with the broom stick, you can load it up with 20kg or more and training with time under tension

Your fingers will certainly be strong writing all that

» Add a new message to this topic