FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Thanking the nhs

Thanking the nhs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rcadian110 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Barnsley

Hi guys. Just a quick idea

With all the money we are saving in meets and clubs how about treating the boys and girls of the NHS.

We could all use that extra cash to buy pizzas on a Friday night and have them delivered to the local hospital.

Just a thought but might be a nice way for the fab community to say thanks to the people putting themselves at risk for all of us.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Good idea, OP

You could also send one to the GP surgery where I'm back to work tomorrow morning

Order takeaways or if you see anyone who works for the nhs in a shop pay for there items and thank them

There is a campaign going round at the moment to purchase more masks.

We are eternally grateful for anything but the masks are a much greater need to us right now than pizza as we don't have enough

By *olieandSlaveCouple  over a year ago

Stafford

If we know a stockpiler, we could raid their hand sanitiser!

Priority to hospitals, nothing available to community staff

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"There is a campaign going round at the moment to purchase more masks.

We are eternally grateful for anything but the masks are a much greater need to us right now than pizza as we don't have enough "

Just going to say the same thing.

By *ee04Man  over a year ago

Thurrock

All it’s not just nhs staff going above and beyond at the moment. I work in distribution and are working 60-70 hour weeks trying to get the shelves full.

I saw the woman from the nhs on the tv and agreed with her 100%, as I went to the local supermarket to by food and it was stripped bare.

I haven’t been able to buy a loaf for over a week.

We fill the supermarkets and have tons of stock the issue is idiots are buying it up quicker than we can get it in the shops trust me there are no shortages only those caused through stupidity.

2 of my daughters work in different areas pf social care, 1 looks after bu table adults the other abuse victims. Both are highly skilled yet never recognised for the care and help they give. Years ago they would have worked for the nhs or social services however due to a succession of governments privatising these services they are now seen just workers.

Sorry for the rant OP but let’s encompass everyone going above and beyond

"Good idea, OP

You could also send one to the GP surgery where I'm back to work tomorrow morning "

I feel for everyone in the GP service at the moment. As has been shown in italy your doctors are far more vulnerable than hospital staff. Stay safe

Lovely sentiment OP x

That is a very good idea !

I am all to thank NHS and show support but I think those challenges video don't really show how the NHS is appreciated and they need more support and appreciation like the idea you had.

NHS more than anything would be appreciated financially ! In France they came up with the idea to give the money from they got from fining ppl who don't respect the lockdown to them.

The staffs who work in shops shouldny be forgotten either. They are doing a great job.

By *offee and KinksCouple  over a year ago

Notts/Derby

As a member of the health service ... i think the best thing people can do for us is to Stay at Home ... there are so many people involved in keeping us safe .. from the police to shop keepers , cleaners etc and this would help all of them

Ps. Dont forget us when this is all over and a NHS pay rise is next up for debate

Vixen

"Good idea, OP

You could also send one to the GP surgery where I'm back to work tomorrow morning "

Hero’s don’t always wear capes. Sometimes they just carry hand sanitiser and shout “stop coughing anywhere near me !” at everyone.

Sending you love and thanks for the incredible work you’re doing x

Very nice and kind thread indeed

"All it’s not just nhs staff going above and beyond at the moment. I work in distribution and are working 60-70 hour weeks trying to get the shelves full.

I saw the woman from the nhs on the tv and agreed with her 100%, as I went to the local supermarket to by food and it was stripped bare.

I haven’t been able to buy a loaf for over a week.

We fill the supermarkets and have tons of stock the issue is idiots are buying it up quicker than we can get it in the shops trust me there are no shortages only those caused through stupidity.

2 of my daughters work in different areas pf social care, 1 looks after bu table adults the other abuse victims. Both are highly skilled yet never recognised for the care and help they give. Years ago they would have worked for the nhs or social services however due to a succession of governments privatising these services they are now seen just workers.

Sorry for the rant OP but let’s encompass everyone going above and beyond"

Totally agree with this I am now on my 17th day of 12 hour shifts working in a frozen food storage warehouse and you know what really pisses me off at the end of a shift there's fuck all left of the stuff you've just loaded

By *rcadian110 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Barnsley

Wow everyone didn't expect this response. I definitely agree with supporting everyone who's putting themselves at risk during this time. Although I do feel that the drs nurses paramedics and those who work at the hospital's are at the sharpest end of this crisis. They are tho ones putting their lives at risk every day, taking themselves away from their families so as to protect them as well. I have seen nurses leave their newborns and very young children and moving into temporary accommodation so as not to bring this thing home to them too. That's heartbreaking for any parent but they did this for us. For all of us.

If the member above can post a link to how to donate to masks I'd happily donate.

To everyone one else helping at this time thank you. Thank you all from all of us. Even from the idiots panic buying and stockpiling the things you need. There needs to be things placed to help you guys outside opening hours. You all work your asses off but get ignored.

Let's all look after those who look after us from our own homes. Don't treat this as a holiday and please please please stay home. Keep your kids at home. Look out for your neighbors as much as you can. If you can get loo roll pick up 1 and just 1 extra and give it to those who can't get out for themselves. There are sites delivering meat and food who are working 20 hour shifts cutting and packing meat and finding veg and other essentials that should be supported during this as well as after.

We will come through this, unfortunately not all of us so please be kind. Be supportive and be human. No one is alone if we all pull together

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Pizza ? From a take away ? How many times does that get handled before it gets eaten?

How about we just say thanks.

Thanks to the cleaners especially.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Let's not forget the people who are looking after NHS workers children so that they can go to work.

By *motWoman  over a year ago

Peterborough

Each NHS trust has a charity that supports its staff

Google ‘NHS charities together’ for the national one or ‘Your town’ NHS foundation trust.

By *ayman2002Man  over a year ago

Peterborough

"There is a campaign going round at the moment to purchase more masks.

We are eternally grateful for anything but the masks are a much greater need to us right now than pizza as we don't have enough "

To avoid the scammers, where can we find this campaign?

» Add a new message to this topic