Save the planet

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orthern Stars OP   Couple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

[Removed by poster at 20/03/20 08:21:34]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

So planes have stopped, cars have stopped, well the world as a whole has pretty much stopped and the Co2 levels have dramatically dropped!

Yet the farmers haven’t stopped. They are still getting up at 5am to milk the girls, the lambing sheds are still full on, the cattle are still being fed, yet the CO2 has dropped.

So agriculture isn’t quite so bad as the media and activists have been making out for it to be..maybe the world isn’t going to end because of our livestock. maybe, just maybe, agriculture is actually going to be the thing to save everyones arses when this world has gone tits up...eat local.eat fresh.

Good luck getting your avocados and coconut milk in the next few weeks...cos don’t forget, most imports have stopped??

#supportagriculture

By *james994Man  over a year ago

london

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

By *enn68Man  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Well said (applaud) loudly

"Well said (applaud) loudly "

Thank you.

A farmer is a key worker. They work tirelessly all year round. They need massive thanks.

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

My imports haven't stopped?

Not arguing about eat local (always my preference), but I've got containers of ingredients shipping from all over the world and not one of them has yet stopped.

My Chinese shipments are about a week behind schedule (issues getting empty containers to pack and load onto the ship) but I have all the shipment confirmations and I'm currently tracking vessels with no other issues

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan  over a year ago

Lincoln

"A farmer is a key worker. They work tirelessly all year round. They need massive thanks. "

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Planes are still flying

Cars are still moving

Public transport reduce but still moving

"Planes are still flying

Cars are still moving

Public transport reduce but still moving "

Fair point. Should of said the words reduced dramatically, not stopped.

The most valid point is that it i'snt farming that is harming the planet, like some certain sectors have been blaming recently.

By *etLikeMan  over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

"The most valid point is that it i'snt farming that is harming the planet, like some certain sectors have been blaming recently."

I’m not saying that farming is necessarily any worse and transportation does indeed contribute a large amount of CO2 pollution.. But methane is 28 times more damaging than CO2.

Again I support farmers. I just wanted to clarify things and, I haven’t seen figures for any drop in methane.

There might even be an increase in methane, when oil and gas networks try to vent or pump gas back into wells, so they don’t have to shut down completely with lack of demand.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"The most valid point is that it i'snt farming that is harming the planet, like some certain sectors have been blaming recently.

I’m not saying that farming is necessarily any worse and transportation does indeed contribute a large amount of CO2 pollution.. But methane is 28 times more damaging than CO2.

Again I support farmers. I just wanted to clarify things and, I haven’t seen figures for any drop in methane.

There might even be an increase in methane, when oil and gas networks try to vent or pump gas back into wells, so they don’t have to shut down completely with lack of demand.

"

Yes methane is more potent but what people never say is that the time methane is in the atmosphere is very small compared to co2. It breaks down and is gone in a short time scale but co2 is in the atmosphere for 100 + years before it is gone so does far more damage long term.

Airport is still busy with people trying to get back to country they are from.

"The most valid point is that it i'snt farming that is harming the planet, like some certain sectors have been blaming recently.

Yes methane is more potent but what people never say is that the time methane is in the atmosphere is very small compared to co2. It breaks down and is gone in a short time scale but co2 is in the atmosphere for 100 + years before it is gone so does far more damage long term. "

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The issues we face are typically interconnected - human caused global heating has been exacerbated, for example, by our destruction of precious habitats such as for palm oil production, massive areas of tropical rainforest that trap Carbon, whilst much of agriculture is focused on a tiny handful of crops and livestock. We've degraded the planet, helped to bring extinction closer for many species, so we can farm cattle and keep bloated.

We may have limited our output somewhat but our lifestyles and how so much of our food production damages the world, whilst we have only until the end of the 2020s to be able to limit the amount of extreme global heating levels that future generations will be forced to endure, because we didn't both much about how we lived and harmed the world.

» Add a new message to this topic