FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Does anyone else think it strange how

Does anyone else think it strange how

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

readily celebrities come out and say they have Coronavirus? Like it is a badge of honour?

Is it really anyone else business,apart from possibly their nearest and dearest?

It would not be something I would be trumpeting from the nearest rooftop knowing peoples prejudicial minds.

Or has their fame made them stupid?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"readily celebrities come out and say they have Coronavirus? Like it is a badge of honour?

Is it really anyone else business,apart from possibly their nearest and dearest?

It would not be something I would be trumpeting from the nearest rooftop knowing peoples prejudicial minds.

Or has their fame made them stupid?"

Probably just seeking attention...

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I think it's more surprising how they can get tested when normal people cant x

"I think it's more surprising how they can get tested when normal people cant x "
Interesting...

"readily celebrities come out and say they have Coronavirus? Like it is a badge of honour?

Probably just seeking attention..."

Possibly, but what a desperate way to do it!

If it helps garner attention and awareness then maybe it could be a good thing..if tom hanks,a man of a certain age can pull through it then it can possibly give a glimmer of hope to others experiencing the same thing?

By *odd4funnMan  over a year ago

Walthamstow Leyton

"I think it's more surprising how they can get tested when normal people cant x "

Thats money for you

Very suspicious with Tom Hanks and all the recent allegations.

"If it helps garner attention and awareness then maybe it could be a good thing..if tom hanks,a man of a certain age can pull through it then it can possibly give a glimmer of hope to others experiencing the same thing?"
Any idea how old he is?

"If it helps garner attention and awareness then maybe it could be a good thing..if tom hanks,a man of a certain age can pull through it then it can possibly give a glimmer of hope to others experiencing the same thing?Any idea how old he is?"
I can see your point, but his case wasn't presented like that.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

Because thay wish to bond with their fellow humans or fan base or get likes and clicks on their social media page and be one with the world.

Because thay wish to bond with their fellow humans or fan base or get likes and clicks on their social media page and be one with the world. "

Good point about bonding.

I don't think he's worrying that letting the world know he's got the virus means he won't be able to get a meet..in the ultra globalised world we live in today maybe its a good thing for people to see that celebrities are just as susceptible as the rest of us

By *B69Woman  over a year ago

Wiltshire

"Very suspicious with Tom Hanks and all the recent allegations."

What allegations

"I don't think he's worrying that letting the world know he's got the virus means he won't be able to get a meet..in the ultra globalised world we live in today maybe its a good thing for people to see that celebrities are just as susceptible as the rest of us"
A meet, are you kidding!

I'm more famous than that!!

[Removed by poster at 19/03/20 21:41:32]

"I don't think he's worrying that letting the world know he's got the virus means he won't be able to get a meet..in the ultra globalised world we live in today maybe its a good thing for people to see that celebrities are just as susceptible as the rest of usA meet, are you kidding!

I'm more famous than that!!"

On the point of susceptibility we should know that already, at least us adults?

It's a celebrity agents free 4 all at the moment ... Fuck the elderly... The bloke who stood at the bar in Corrie has the virus ... Fucking Media .. hate them. Scare mongering

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I did read somewhere that there are home testing kits available for around £375?

But yes, it is a bit of a coincidence how many famous people and politicians have caught it out of what is effectively only a handful of confirmed cases

"I think it's more surprising how they can get tested when normal people cant x

I did read somewhere that there are home testing kits available for around £375?

But yes, it is a bit of a coincidence how many famous people and politicians have caught it out of what is effectively only a handful of confirmed cases"

Ok the testing price (if so) would be easy for those with loose change!

An eye opening and thought provoking second statement.

"It's a celebrity agents free 4 all at the moment ... Fuck the elderly... The bloke who stood at the bar in Corrie has the virus ... Fucking Media .. hate them. Scare mongering"
Why would you see it as scaremongering?

By *yx_InannaWoman  over a year ago

Burslem

Celebrities have to deal with the fact that people will out them regardless of what the information may be. So it's either get out in front of it and face the potential blow back and look open and honest or try hide it risking backfire and fans and rest of the public change their mind about them. Public perception is everything to them. Celebrities secrets don't stay secret long if people think it's news worthy. I don't get why people have to be so nosy about the private lives of celebrities. They are people like everyone else they just happen to work in front of the masses on tvs, movie screens, radio etc

Who cares what some celebrity has eaten, where they've shopped, what sexuality they are, what they did last summer and all the other insignificant events. Why care about their private lives at all? Does knowing what they do with their lives impact their work, skill or art?

"Celebrities have to deal with the fact that people will out them regardless of what the information may be. So it's either get out in front of it and face the potential blow back and look open and honest or try hide it risking backfire and fans and rest of the public change their mind about them. Public perception is everything to them. Celebrities secrets don't stay secret long if people think it's news worthy. I don't get why people have to be so nosy about the private lives of celebrities. They are people like everyone else they just happen to work in front of the masses on tvs, movie screens, radio etc

Who cares what some celebrity has eaten, where they've shopped, what sexuality they are, what they did last summer and all the other insignificant events. Why care about their private lives at all? Does knowing what they do with their lives impact their work, skill or art? "

If they have self-isolated what decent person could have any issue with them if they didnt go public?

By *yx_InannaWoman  over a year ago

Burslem

"Celebrities have to deal with the fact that people will out them regardless of what the information may be. So it's either get out in front of it and face the potential blow back and look open and honest or try hide it risking backfire and fans and rest of the public change their mind about them. Public perception is everything to them. Celebrities secrets don't stay secret long if people think it's news worthy. I don't get why people have to be so nosy about the private lives of celebrities. They are people like everyone else they just happen to work in front of the masses on tvs, movie screens, radio etc

Who cares what some celebrity has eaten, where they've shopped, what sexuality they are, what they did last summer and all the other insignificant events. Why care about their private lives at all? Does knowing what they do with their lives impact their work, skill or art? If they have self-isolated what decent person could have any issue with them if they didnt go public? "

I agree, but you'll have people say what are they hiding why was it kept secret. So celebrities are left with hiding it and risking bad reaction from fans or being open about it before it's leaked basically minimising bad press. Of course as some celebrities are doing it for attention and how they got to fame especially by nothing spectacular who remain in the spotlights is by attention so some out themselves intentionally to gain more fame.

By *irth VaderMan  over a year ago

Busby

Let’s see if any celebrities actually die from this or will it be just for poor people?

By *ooBulMan  over a year ago

Missin’ Yo’ Kissin’

I would be more impressed if doctors, nurses,ambulance people, any others on the front line dealing with the public got tested. Rather than some rich actor/celebrity or footballer. Who has £300 odd quid to splash out? Most people are worrying about can they get the basics let alone a private test!!!!

"Very suspicious with Tom Hanks and all the recent allegations.

What allegations "

You know it's bad when it makes Schofield look like a saint compared.

By *DreamOfGenieWoman  over a year ago

London

"I think it's more surprising how they can get tested when normal people cant x

But yes, it is a bit of a coincidence how many famous people and politicians have caught it out of what is effectively only a handful of confirmed cases"

Or perhaps it's an indication of just how many of us 'normal' people (ie those of us that aren't famous with expensive private healthcare plans and opportunity to pay for the test) probably have it and haven't been diagnosed...

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan  over a year ago

Lincoln

To raise awareness of the fact that absolutely anybody can get it, and reinforcing the guidance to self-isolate through their social media. Seems like a good idea to me.

To raise awareness of the fact that absolutely anybody can get it, and reinforcing the guidance to self-isolate through their social media. Seems like a good idea to me."

If that's the case why should us 'non celebrities' be influenced by them. Let them speak to their own 'elite'. If they are not the same as me they have nothing to teach me. I'm sure only those who look to them as 'gods' need their particular story.

By *erriAnneTV/TS  over a year ago

The shire

Simple answer..... money.

The rank and file have to wait to get the illness or be admitted to hospital to get tested while footballer and celeb types toddle off to their clinic and get tested immediately. Hopefully when this is all over we have a dramatic turn in not being bothered about materialistic things and go back to family values over less important things.

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

To raise awareness of the fact that absolutely anybody can get it, and reinforcing the guidance to self-isolate through their social media. Seems like a good idea to me. If that's the case why should us 'non celebrities' be influenced by them. Let them speak to their own 'elite'. If they are not the same as me they have nothing to teach me. I'm sure only those who look to them as 'gods' need their particular story. "

Yes, but a lot of people are influenced by them. Like it or not, they have a huge social media following and can get a message out there very quickly.

I don't really give a shit who has got it outside of my immediate circle and those I come into contact with, but if it shows people that it's survivable, that you really so need to self-isolate, that you can't know for sure whether someone is contagious but asymptomatic so social distancing is vital (Idris Elba somehow managing to get tested in spite of having zero symptoms and proving to be positive) then what's the harm to me?

"Let’s see if any celebrities actually die from this or will it be just for poor people? "
That would be worth monitoring.

By *etLikeMan  over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

Whilst I don’t agree that celebrities or public figures should get testing above others, it is the influence that they carry that can have an impact on their fan base. A fan base who may ignore or avoid the advice given by politicians.

I’ve lost count of the number of people I’ve heard to say “do you know anyone....anyone with this” and in their heads ergo there is no threat. If it’s someone they look up to or idolise who has it, they are more likely to take the recommended precautions.

I bet most don’t have it , but just attention seeking ,Sam Smith is a good one , stuck in he’s 12 million pound house , crying , get a grip there’s old people stuck in there homes , probably with little food etc and no money , there not posting videos on social media, wanting people to feel sorry for them

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

What allegations

You know it's bad when it makes Schofield look like a saint compared."

Poor old Schof, he's only just come out and he has to stay in!

By *irth VaderMan  over a year ago

Busby

"I bet most don’t have it , but just attention seeking ,Sam Smith is a good one , stuck in he’s 12 million pound house , crying , get a grip there’s old people stuck in there homes , probably with little food etc and no money , there not posting videos on social media, wanting people to feel sorry for them "

That guy does my nut in. He is a fuck nugget of the greatest proportions.

What allegations

You know it's bad when it makes Schofield look like a saint compared.

Poor old Schof, he's only just come out and he has to stay in!

"

He's out but he's done a runner.

» Add a new message to this topic