FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What just happened

What just happened

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Wow just popped into sainsbury's to get some bread I have 5 children in my house and they go though the stuff like you wouldn't believe with packed lunches etc.

So I get in no bread at all so ok I'll get flour and make some so I got to that ail only a few small bags of plan flour left I pick up two bags and head to the till only to have one bag taken off me by the cashier saying only one bag per customer. I told her that I have 5 children at home and I need to make bread etc for school dinners but she said sorry I cant help you.

What the hell has the world come to when you cant even buy.flour

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It'll settle down.

I can't get a delivery slot for my parents but fortunately I can drive over with what I'm able to buy for them and loads of neighbours have offered to shop for them.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just go back in later.

By *dward_TeagueMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

I went into my local Sainsbury’s yesterday. There was hardly any fresh fruit or veg, no eggs, no flour, the only bread available was the bread produced in the in store bakery. Now undoubtedly selfish people are hoarding but I’m starting to question if there are issues in the supply chain.

According to the BBC website, Sainsburys have introduced limits on customers due to the whole panic buying problem. This will be why they have scrutinised your shopping

I was just shocked and embarrassed to have a bag of flour taken off me and felt like I had to justify wanting to buy more than one and that I'm not panic buying I just wanted some flour so I could cook bread for my children

Shop local as in your little convenience stores, I nipped out yesterday and got meat, bread, handsoaps etc all at the independent stores x

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I was just shocked and embarrassed to have a bag of flour taken off me and felt like I had to justify wanting to buy more than one and that I'm not panic buying I just wanted some flour so I could cook bread for my children "

Yes I can understand why you found it embarrassing. I think we're all going to be shocked by the practicality of this.

They should have rationed certain things earlier. It was inevitable this would happen. Always does. It’s ridiculous.

By *rincessvenusCouple  over a year ago

Hull

you see the minorty spoilt it for the rest of us AGAIN

"you see the minorty spoilt it for the rest of us AGAIN"

Probably the same loons who camp outside next from 2am on Boxing Day morning

"Wow just popped into sainsbury's to get some bread I have 5 children in my house and they go though the stuff like you wouldn't believe with packed lunches etc.

So I get in no bread at all so ok I'll get flour and make some so I got to that ail only a few small bags of plan flour left I pick up two bags and head to the till only to have one bag taken off me by the cashier saying only one bag per customer. I told her that I have 5 children at home and I need to make bread etc for school dinners but she said sorry I cant help you.

What the hell has the world come to when you cant even buy.flour"

I have 4 children at mine. I think we just need sensibility to come back and then normality can resume again. We need people to get out of this stockpiling mentality asap and get some order.

"Shop local as in your little convenience stores, I nipped out yesterday and got meat, bread, handsoaps etc all at the independent stores x"

some of us live rural in the country, we dont have a little convenience store that townies have

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Wow just popped into sainsbury's to get some bread I have 5 children in my house and they go though the stuff like you wouldn't believe with packed lunches etc.

"

Could they switch to school dinners ?

Could they switch to school dinners ?"

4 of my children yes they.could but 1 is autistic and if anything changes in his routine then its world war 3 he had to have the same things in his packed lunch each day

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"I went into my local Sainsbury’s yesterday. There was hardly any fresh fruit or veg, no eggs, no flour, the only bread available was the bread produced in the in store bakery. Now undoubtedly selfish people are hoarding but I’m starting to question if there are issues in the supply chain."
there arent. I asked this at several shops. They said they get the delivery but it's being picked off as soon as its unpacked

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Shop local as in your little convenience stores, I nipped out yesterday and got meat, bread, handsoaps etc all at the independent stores x"
I dont have a local store

Could they switch to school dinners ?

4 of my children yes they.could but 1 is autistic and if anything changes in his routine then its world war 3 he had to have the same things in his packed lunch each day "

I totally get this. Mines the same.

Leeds

"1 is autistic and if anything changes in his routine then its world war 3 he had to have the same things in his packed lunch each day "

Will he not notice the difference between bought bread and homemade ?

"1 is autistic and if anything changes in his routine then its world war 3 he had to have the same things in his packed lunch each day

Will he not notice the difference between bought bread and homemade ?"

Can’t get the stuff for homemade though. That’s what he said.

Leeds

"

Can’t get the stuff for homemade though. That’s what he said. "

He said he could buy one bag of flour but not two.

you may all be to ill soon to go to the shops and especially if they have people on the streets fining you for breaking the curfew also they only accept touch payments for the fines, no more home deliveries and no fuel anyway for the lorries delivering jeez what will we do

"1 is autistic and if anything changes in his routine then its world war 3 he had to have the same things in his packed lunch each day

Will he not notice the difference between bought bread and homemade ?"

Its not so much the difference in the bread but more the fact he had to have a tuna sandwich in his lunch

Asda have now introduced a similar policy where customers will be restricted to three of any item

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Sainsbury sent out early this morning new updates, this thursday the first hour of store opening is reserved for elderly and vulnerable.

"From Monday 23rd March, our online customers who are over 70 years of age or have a disability will have priority access to online delivery slots"

They've also expanded click & collect sites and are allowing isolated customers to collect from those sites, sometimes in a space within the car park.

They are closing the cafes, meat fish & pizza counters in supermarkets. And will continue to ration items.

I suspect most supermarkets will make similar adjustments soon enough

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

I had one of my 8 cases of wine taken off me, fuckers I always buy 8 cases at a time. Friday is now looking glum

» Add a new message to this topic