FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Art reflecting life

Art reflecting life

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *itonmyfacebook OP   Man  over a year ago

Burton on Trent

How long before TV dramas, novels too maybe will need to be in the new quite different world we now all, regardless of class, now live in?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

About 2 weeks?

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

It's not art but have you noticed how the adverts haven't caught up? Still plugging cruises and holidays in Turkey.

Burton on Trent

"It's not art but have you noticed how the adverts haven't caught up? Still plugging cruises and holidays in Turkey. "

Yes. My eyes were drawn to the TV during a Macdonald's advert yesterday showing a crowded restaurant: happy, smiling people all very close together - Most of have been there - But it just ain't like that any more. Felt odd that it was on.

Is it art? Good question for another thread maybe.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Spotted a drama called Pandemic on the netflix menu. No way am i going to watch that fucker!

Burton on Trent

"About 2 weeks?"

One would imagine that soap script writers are working on it. I wonder about big budget movies.

I appreciate that this is superficial but it is a general chat forum.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Spotted a drama called Pandemic on the netflix menu. No way am i going to watch that fucker!"

It’s good

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"It's not art but have you noticed how the adverts haven't caught up? Still plugging cruises and holidays in Turkey. "

The air time would have been paid for already, they will switch soon

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

No big budget movies coming out this year. Announcements today that release of several ready-to-go blockbusters have been cancelled until next year. Any company that has sunk $200 million into a movie is not going to release it until all the cinemas are open again and they are certain that they can get big audiences.

Burton on Trent

"Spotted a drama called Pandemic on the netflix menu. No way am i going to watch that fucker!"

Maybe not the right time for dystopian sci-fi but I loved Body Horror on R4. Some of it reminded me of this site. But something set in 2050 written before Corona. Who could see it coming?

Burton on Trent

"It's not art but have you noticed how the adverts haven't caught up? Still plugging cruises and holidays in Turkey.

The air time would have been paid for already, they will switch soon "

Ironic that whilst they've always tried to sell us unobtainable dreams in a different way they are now set in a different reality. Unless you're Mr Branson with your own tropical island maybe.

Burton on Trent

They're now stopped making EastEnders because. Is this because Corona would make it too cheerful?

» Add a new message to this topic