FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The world's media

The world's media

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So we keep hearing how many people are dying of Corona at 7000 but why is there no mention that more ten times that amount at 78000 have recovered. #scaremongering

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So we keep hearing how many people are dying of Corona at 7000 but why is there no mention that more ten times that amount at 78000 have recovered. #scaremongering "

Because that doesn't make a good story

I haven’t heard anyone talk about or ask 1 major question. Once a person recovers, are they still able to contract the virus again or do they become immune to it?

"So we keep hearing how many people are dying of Corona at 7000 but why is there no mention that more ten times that amount at 78000 have recovered. #scaremongering

Because that doesn't make a good story "

Exactly, the media runs with the worst possible scenarios

By *uttyjonnMan  over a year ago

cheshire

Because if 10% of the population dies it pretty big news? Maybe that

Some current figures here

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Still some 95,000 people sick, 6% of those are critical or seriously ill. Of the current 80,000 closed cases the death rate is running at 9%. Those are the current official reported figures

"I haven’t heard anyone talk about or ask 1 major question. Once a person recovers, are they still able to contract the virus again or do they become immune to it?"

Yeah, a guy had it, recovered, then contracted it again.

"I haven’t heard anyone talk about or ask 1 major question. Once a person recovers, are they still able to contract the virus again or do they become immune to it?

Yeah, a guy had it, recovered, then contracted it again. "

He sounds like a reliable contractor.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Because media and some people like drama

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"I haven’t heard anyone talk about or ask 1 major question. Once a person recovers, are they still able to contract the virus again or do they become immune to it?"

Heard a doctor on the radio this morning saying that no you can't once you've had it. But do the scientists really know?

By *angtidy42Couple  over a year ago

Redditch

Only bad news sells, that's the problem with the UK media. If you went the Germany the news is a lot more positive on the whole. Yes they have bad stuff too but it's not a constant focus on it and the same bit of news dressed up 3 times from different places in the UK.

By *ildatheart6969Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Because they are controlling the narrative.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

They need to flip the script and give people some hope while keeping the threat real.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Because if 10% of the population dies it pretty big news? Maybe that "

You would think so wouldnt you?

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"I haven’t heard anyone talk about or ask 1 major question. Once a person recovers, are they still able to contract the virus again or do they become immune to it?

Yeah, a guy had it, recovered, then contracted it again. "

Its not a new thing. Happens with lots of viruses. It's different per person, not exactly unique to the virus.

I'm some cases an individuals body does not retain the information to fight the virus.

In other cases reinfection is not uncommon at all (how often do people get colds) immunity is the wrong word being thrown around. It doesn't stop you getting reinfected, it just allows your body to fight the virus much more efficiently than the first time.

There are also 2 strains going around which will play a part in it.

Its not a major concern overall.

Cheltenham

"Because if 10% of the population dies it pretty big news? Maybe that "

Stop pulling figures out your arse.

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

Damn the media for reporting the news. How disgusting of them to provide information that 7000 people have died. How disgusting of them to report on government decisions that effect our daily lives. How disgusting of them to provide information on how to prevent the spread of the virus. How disgusting that reporters challenge ministers and scientists etc to get to the truth.

Damn the media. Let's blame them when the shit hits the fan for reporting it. Maybe we should direct our anger elsewhere. Or would everyone prefer a media that is state controlled and restricted from telling the truth?

By *nto My ArmsMan  over a year ago

Herts/London

The public gets what the public wants...

"Damn the media for reporting the news. How disgusting of them to provide information that 7000 people have died. How disgusting of them to report on government decisions that effect our daily lives. How disgusting of them to provide information on how to prevent the spread of the virus. How disgusting that reporters challenge ministers and scientists etc to get to the truth.

Damn the media. Let's blame them when the shit hits the fan for reporting it. Maybe we should direct our anger elsewhere. Or would everyone prefer a media that is state controlled and restricted from telling the truth? "

Media is state controlled and only tells you the side of the story they want you to hear. They have an agenda

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Personally for things like these I look to health organisations before the media for information.

Because while they are reporting facts, the doom and gloom cycle of news also serves their commercial interests. So they slant it.

"The public gets what the public wants... "

But I want nothing this society’s got

"Damn the media for reporting the news. How disgusting of them to provide information that 7000 people have died. How disgusting of them to report on government decisions that effect our daily lives. How disgusting of them to provide information on how to prevent the spread of the virus. How disgusting that reporters challenge ministers and scientists etc to get to the truth.

Damn the media. Let's blame them when the shit hits the fan for reporting it. Maybe we should direct our anger elsewhere. Or would everyone prefer a media that is state controlled and restricted from telling the truth?

Media is state controlled and only tells you the side of the story they want you to hear. They have an agenda "

Of course the media isn't state controlled. That's a ludicrous statement.

"Personally for things like these I look to health organisations before the media for information.

Because while they are reporting facts, the doom and gloom cycle of news also serves their commercial interests. So they slant it."

What aspect of the news in this case have they slanted swing?

"The public gets what the public wants...

But I want nothing this society’s got except F&B's dick in my ass"

Calm down woman ! France is locked down. You'll have to wait !

"The public gets what the public wants...

But I want nothing this society’s got except F&B's dick in my ass

Calm down woman ! France is locked down. You'll have to wait !"

. You’re a cheeky boy you are

Manchester (she/her)

"Personally for things like these I look to health organisations before the media for information.

Because while they are reporting facts, the doom and gloom cycle of news also serves their commercial interests. So they slant it.

What aspect of the news in this case have they slanted swing? "

I don't know, I don't know enough about the situation. What I do know is the broader trends in reporting and journalism, and keep them in mind when I consume news media.

I don't know, I don't know enough about the situation. What I do know is the broader trends in reporting and journalism, and keep them in mind when I consume news media. "

I've worked in news media pretty much all my working life. There genuinely isn't an agenda apart from political bias in the print media. I think the real issue these days are the 24 hour news channels, terrible mistake, just keep repeating the same bad news over and over again so in the end it does appear to be depressing to a lot of people.

Manchester (she/her)

I don't know, I don't know enough about the situation. What I do know is the broader trends in reporting and journalism, and keep them in mind when I consume news media.

I've worked in news media pretty much all my working life. There genuinely isn't an agenda apart from political bias in the print media. I think the real issue these days are the 24 hour news channels, terrible mistake, just keep repeating the same bad news over and over again so in the end it does appear to be depressing to a lot of people. "

I'm not saying there's an "agenda", I'm in no way a conspiracy theorist. More that bad news sells better than good news, and so there's a (possibly unconscious) slant in that direction.

I use news as a launch pad to look into things more directly myself.

By *inky SpiceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"So we keep hearing how many people are dying of Corona at 7000 but why is there no mention that more ten times that amount at 78000 have recovered. #scaremongering "

I've seen the recovery rates and the amount of people so far recovered reported many, many times. Btw it's not scaremongering when facts are being reported.

Cheltenham

I've worked in news media pretty much all my working life. There genuinely isn't an agenda apart from political bias in the print media. I think the real issue these days are the 24 hour news channels, terrible mistake, just keep repeating the same bad news over and over again so in the end it does appear to be depressing to a lot of people. "

Who was your boss?

I've worked in news media pretty much all my working life. There genuinely isn't an agenda apart from political bias in the print media. I think the real issue these days are the 24 hour news channels, terrible mistake, just keep repeating the same bad news over and over again so in the end it does appear to be depressing to a lot of people.

Who was your boss?"

Not the "state"

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Choose your news sources wisely

"Because they are controlling the narrative.

"

https://youtu.be/-727K585amo

This short video shows the aim and how they are doing it. It is above government level. The global organisations aim to "flood the zone" with their narrative. This means not only controlling the narrative but also getting every channel of media to relay the same alarming story.

Stay safe all. Take time to look after others.

By *angtidy42Couple  over a year ago

Redditch

China is now 97% back to normal with only 16 cases reported most of them are people returning from abroad. There is still some road closures in place due to cases at the epicentre.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

The only thing newspapers are fit for is wiping yer arse on..and funnily enough..it looks like it's gonna be the only thing I'm gonna be wiping me arse on in the foreseeable future..

» Add a new message to this topic