FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Selfish,ignorant or both?

Selfish,ignorant or both?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *empsey and hotpiece OP   Man  over a year ago

North west

Can’t believe the amount of meets still advertised on here.

People obviously walking around with their heads up their own arses.

Ffs, just have a wank.

I’m sure there will be the standard responses, those who think this isn’t a massive threat, come back and comment in a few weeks when we’re in the same position as Italy.

Personally I think fab should disable the meets facility until it’s safe to reinstate it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

you always get some who refuse to follow advise

same as you always get someone who, once has the virus wants to infect everyone else

I have low immune system so I am practically self isolating without infection

Why do people go to all that effort of meeting someone anyway, when they could simply have a wank from the comfort of their home.

People are idiots.

Everyone’s a gangster until a real gangster walks in the room...... And that gangster is this fucking virus

I see plenty of people I know who are pretending it won’t effect them or anyone they know......they’ll soon shit themselves when it comes knocking at their door.

I do believe there’s been an overreaction so far with the panic buying etc but this isn’t to be taken lightly.

Both

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Someone on the club lockdown thread was bemoaning the clubs closing down and then shilling for the hope of private party invites.

Is there that much missing in your life? Get a grip.

This will pass no need to exacerbate it.

I'm social distancing till it all blows over. To have a social or meet now is insane.

"Can’t believe the amount of meets still advertised on here.

Ffs, just have a wank.

I’m sure there will be the standard responses, those who think this isn’t a massive threat, come back and comment in a few weeks when we’re in the same position as Italy.

Personally I think fab should disable the meets facility until it’s safe to reinstate it."

I can't believe how selfish some are. They will understand in the end but by that time we will be well and truly buggered

Ffs, just have a wank.

Personally I think fab should disable the meets facility until it’s safe to reinstate it."

Both... And also stupid

Natural selection. Let them meet.

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Folk weigh up the risks and make their own decisions......

By *lipsCouple  over a year ago

LEICESTER

Shurly all clubs should be closing for the foreseeable future

"you always get some who refuse to follow advise

same as you always get someone who, once has the virus wants to infect everyone else

I have low immune system so I am practically self isolating without infection"

Snap. Stay well and here’s to it all being over.

"Folk weigh up the risks and make their own decisions......"

Social responsibility and community mindedness is way better than selfish decisions when there is a world health crisis surely?

in 18 months when its still not over we can start again and omg will we start

Just because I believe the whole situation is an over reaction, doesn't mean I'm selfish or ignorant.

"Natural selection. Let them meet. "

If only it was them and not their elderly neighbour or sick relative that would actually die from it...

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

If we carry on as normal the models suggested over half a million in the UK would die of the virus by August. By avoiding contact it essentially reduces to a quarter of a million.

It really is that simple, avoid people to reduce the death toll.

Source BBC news

"Just because I believe the whole situation is an over reaction, doesn't mean I'm selfish or ignorant."

Actually I would say with the greatest respect ignorant is exactly what it makes you if yoh ignore the professinal advice and guidelines

"Just because I believe the whole situation is an over reaction, doesn't mean I'm selfish or ignorant.

Actually I would say with the greatest respect ignorant is exactly what it makes you if yoh ignore the professinal advice and guidelines"

I'm not ignoring the guidelines. But I still think its an over reaction

"Just because I believe the whole situation is an over reaction, doesn't mean I'm selfish or ignorant.

Actually I would say with the greatest respect ignorant is exactly what it makes you if yoh ignore the professinal advice and guidelines

I'm not ignoring the guidelines. But I still think its an over reaction"

Well then I take it back your not ignorant and perfectly entitled ti you view

Im petty mucb in lockdown as my mum is high risk but I cam see how people not directly affected could see it as an over reaction. Thank you for still following guidelines though

I'm not ignoring the guidelines. But I still think its an over reaction

Well then I take it back your not ignorant and perfectly entitled ti you view

Im petty mucb in lockdown as my mum is high risk but I cam see how people not directly affected could see it as an over reaction. Thank you for still following guidelines though"

Its people like your mum that are the reason I am following what they say.

I'm not stubborn enough to put a life in danger just prove someone or something wrong

"Natural selection. Let them meet.

If only it was them and not their elderly neighbour or sick relative that would actually die from it..."

Why, are they shagging them?

At last! An about turn on some of the appalling posts on various threads on here. People blatantly saying they had no intention of stopping their lifestyle for a few weeks. They’d rather risk their own health and others because a sexual encounter was more important.

Our block list is considerably longer.

"

I'm not stubborn enough to put a life in danger just prove someone or something wrong "

Ill let her know

"Natural selection. Let them meet.

If only it was them and not their elderly neighbour or sick relative that would actually die from it...

Why, are they shagging them?"

Possibly... age is just a number apparently

"

I'm not stubborn enough to put a life in danger just prove someone or something wrong

Ill let her know "

Curious though, without going into detail, is your mum at risk from all flus? Or would she react differently to the Covid-19?

Genuinely just asking

For people who are fucking bareback then I guess coronavirus isnt touching the sides.

The thread on here recently where people were taking part in a fabswingers orgy is probably the way to go right now

"

Ill let her know

Curious though, without going into detail, is your mum at risk from all flus? Or would she react differently to the Covid-19?

Genuinely just asking"

No the seasonal flu is high risk too. Thankfully thats only 3 months of the year, she had the flu shot and takes precautions.

Also there was under 3000 people hospitalised for flu in Ireland this season over the 3 months ues some died but there was enough ventilators for everyone. Projected numbers for this virus unckecked would mean that doctors would have to pick and choose who would get ventilated. So thats why I am scared.

"

Ill let her know

Genuinely just asking

No the seasonal flu is high risk too. Thankfully thats only 3 months of the year, she had the flu shot and takes precautions.

Also there was under 3000 people hospitalised for flu in Ireland this season over the 3 months ues some died but there was enough ventilators for everyone. Projected numbers for this virus unckecked would mean that doctors would have to pick and choose who would get ventilated. So thats why I am scared."

All the best mate

"

Ill let her know

Genuinely just asking"

I'm one of the highest risk groups and not that old nor unfit in the slightest but in my case pneumonia (which actually is what CVirus is more than flu) would be instant death but flu would put me in hospital if not ICU anyway ... so I'm taking all precautions possible but still working atm as can't survive otherwise

By *kblueeyesCouple  over a year ago

kilkenny

Yes and the people who are trying to do everything right end up suffering

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

We’re not on full lockdown for good reasons , that time will come but it’s not yet, this virus isn’t going to go away , it will just be managed like others. Go for a run , or also star jumps! apparently runners and jumpers are the least likely group to catch it ! X

By *oppolocosTV/TS  over a year ago

inverurie

Agreed, luckily technology can be of assistance if you need some extra stimulation. A good cam wank can keep you going,

I do think there is some selfishness on here, but, look at the government advice....don't go down the pub but sit at home as your kids come in from school, a hotbed of infections.

Don't go down the pub but we won't close them, eh? Bit of a shambles!!

By *oppolocosTV/TS  over a year ago

inverurie

"Just because I believe the whole situation is an over reaction, doesn't mean I'm selfish or ignorant."

Possibly it is an over reaction, possibly it's not and we need to do even more. Problem is we won't know until we are out at the other end of this crisis. Until then we should all be doing the safe thing, not just for ourselves, but also for friend and family that we could infect if we carry on "as normal".

"Shurly all clubs should be closing for the foreseeable future "

The clubs have to pay their overheads whether they open or not. Understandably if people want to pay to visit their club they will open for them. If people don’t want to go then that’s their decision.

We all have free will. Because a club is open you don’t have to visit.

If no one visits then they will close the doors, but once they close the door, most won’t ever reopen them. A closed club soon goes out of business.

North west

"At last! An about turn on some of the appalling posts on various threads on here. People blatantly saying they had no intention of stopping their lifestyle for a few weeks. They’d rather risk their own health and others because a sexual encounter was more important.

Our block list is considerably longer."

I think the tide of opinion is finally turning on this , a week ago the facts were murky, now it’s hitting home how serious this is (for the majority).

I’ve actually messaged fab owners, suggesting that disabling the “meet” feature would be the morally correct thing to do.

I think the swinging community is criticised enough, if it got out that we were all selfish and irresponsible in the media, it would cause irreparable damage.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Shurly all clubs should be closing for the foreseeable future

The clubs have to pay their overheads whether they open or not. Understandably if people want to pay to visit their club they will open for them. If people don’t want to go then that’s their decision.

If no one visits then they will close the doors, but once they close the door, most won’t ever reopen them. A closed club soon goes out of business."

Many People in the UK generally don’t understand this, they need the government to A/ tell them exactly what to and when b/ be responsible for absolutely every part of those lives. It’s a unique UK mindset , the opposite the the US and many other countries. It’s like they cannot think for themselves.

Bolton

"If we carry on as normal the models suggested over half a million in the UK would die of the virus by August. By avoiding contact it essentially reduces to a quarter of a million.

Source BBC news"

Yes that is what the "model" says... Big assumption, the model is an exact predictor who will happen. What if the model is wrong? Worse case a million die, best case the virus fizzles out in a few weeks/months....

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"If we carry on as normal the models suggested over half a million in the UK would die of the virus by August. By avoiding contact it essentially reduces to a quarter of a million.

Source BBC news

Yes that is what the "model" says... Big assumption, the model is an exact predictor who will happen. What if the model is wrong? Worse case a million die, best case the virus fizzles out in a few weeks/months...."

Models are based on the data we have. What's the evidence that it'll fizzle out?

Ffs, just have a wank.

I'm waiting for the numerous thread bumpings in 3 weeks time and "I told you so's" being bandied about by the minute.

It will provide a little comic relief during the lockdown which will be essential to boost morale.

B

Bolton

"

I’ve actually messaged fab owners, suggesting that disabling the “meet” feature would be the morally correct thing to do. ."

Oh yes, and folk find another way of hooking up if they wish to. It is in the human psyche to want to be with other human beings.... well it is fo 99.9999 % of the population !

Bolton

Source BBC news

Yes that is what the "model" says... Big assumption, the model is an exact predictor who will happen. What if the model is wrong? Worse case a million die, best case the virus fizzles out in a few weeks/months....

Models are based on the data we have. What's the evidence that it'll fizzle out? "

None, just giving a worst case, base case scenario....

Because we're basically without a social conscience or a community mindset anymore, because life has become more about "poor me" this is why we have to have very simple guidelines and eventually, because people are already failing at the guidelines, a countrywide lockdown. If we all moaned a little less about things we can't change and look to ways we can help ... this challenge and life would become way better for lots of people! Let's keep it simple and let's make it community as we're all in the same boat just some have it a little more complicated than others.

Manchester (she/her)

Source BBC news

Models are based on the data we have. What's the evidence that it'll fizzle out?

None, just giving a worst case, base case scenario...."

If it was going to fizzle out it would have done so.

By *egasus NobMan  over a year ago

Merton

Your fear is different from others.

Bolton

So called "lockdowns" can only be sustainable for limited periods. People will put up with the considerable dislocations for while, some no doubt longer than others. In the end people will get fed up and realise the cure is worse than the disease.

Manchester (she/her)

"So called "lockdowns" can only be sustainable for limited periods. People will put up with the considerable dislocations for while, some no doubt longer than others. In the end people will get fed up and realise the cure is worse than the disease.

"

Any outcome is going to be awful, but are you really willing to sacrifice a quarter of a million lives?

I'm not ignoring the guidelines. But I still think its an over reaction"

Same here. The biggest problem we have is due to the irresponsibility of the Media initially blowing things all out of proportion and causing widespread panic.

We are advised about social distancing to reduce the spread of the virus - and then you see video footage of people queuing at places like Costco to grab huge quantities of their precious toilet rolls - increasing the possibility of spreading it.

Yes, the virus is something we should take seriously, but we should take Flu just as seriously, as it is just as dangerous to the elderly and the medically vulnerable.

I was reading up about pandemics yesterday.

In 1918 there was a Flu pandemic. It claimed around 50 million lives worldwide.

AIDS, which is classified as a Pandemic - which is still considered a live pandemic, has claimed 25 to 35 million lives worldwide since 1981.

Whenever I have a cold or the Flu, I don't meet. Simple as that. Nor would I meet anyone who had a cold or the Flu, and so I would apply the same principles to this virus as I would in those circumstances.

By *heffmMan  over a year ago

sheffield

it's just a reflection of the selfish society we have become!

North west

"

I’ve actually messaged fab owners, suggesting that disabling the “meet” feature would be the morally correct thing to do. .

Oh yes, and folk find another way of hooking up if they wish to. It is in the human psyche to want to be with other human beings.... well it is fo 99.9999 % of the population ! "

Ofcourse they will, but my point is, fab should be seen to not be encouraging it.

Bolton

"So called "lockdowns" can only be sustainable for limited periods. People will put up with the considerable dislocations for while, some no doubt longer than others. In the end people will get fed up and realise the cure is worse than the disease.

Any outcome is going to be awful, but are you really willing to sacrifice a quarter of a million lives?"

Do just pointing out human nature...

Lockdowns look like an easy simple solution. They ain't!! What happens when you lift them?

There are no simple easy solutions....

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

As I write this I am sat in a coffee shop. Having a cuppa as I have spent some hours visiting various shops trying to get toilet roll.

I often pop into my local club for a cuppa... if it's still open and I'm passing I will no doubt do the same. As I can tell you know it will be a lot less crowded and less people coughing all over people than the shops I've just been in have been.

I really think the isolation this is going to cause will end up costing many more lives than the virus itself.

Isolated people becoming more isolated.

And I have read much to suggest that self isolation may not be the answer anyway. Herd immunity maybe the way forward. We wont know till the dust settles.

If no one visits then they will close the doors, but once they close the door, most won’t ever reopen them. A closed club soon goes out of business.

Many People in the UK generally don’t understand this, they need the government to A/ tell them exactly what to and when b/ be responsible for absolutely every part of those lives. It’s a unique UK mindset , the opposite the the US and many other countries. It’s like they cannot think for themselves. "

Boris has HAD to play this card. The advice has been given so no one can say they weren't warned. But he simply CANNOT enforce it yet as can you imagine the government having to reimburse every single pub, club, theatre, cinema in the country for takings lost during the period as well as every single employee's wages? Which they would have a fair case for as the government gave them the direct order? Plus all the sick pay during this period, the massive cost on the NHS, the fall out ripple effects of loss of earnings that be proven to be directly from this?

The precedent was set with sporting events. He simply couldn't give the order to call all football fixtures etc, etc off as every single club would have grounds to bill the government for loss of earnings (think of the Sky packages, gate money, etc, etc) which would have put a huge hole in the budget for dealing with this.

So he gave advice instead saying those who displayed symptoms be quarantined. It was only a matter of very short time before someone in the game, whether management or player came down with it, meaning whole teams would have to be quarantined and the league falls flat. Clubs would have to follow the advice otherwise they lose their image of being responsible which would shaft them. Which is why of course the league was cancelled very shortly after anyway without Boris having to give the direct order at all.

It is a model of admonishing the government of responsibility of actually closing anything directly, so no massive compensation needed, yet relying on companies to push the button instead on advice given so the government still comes across like it's given safe advice.

The same tactic will continue to be used. It worked for sporting events, it is currently going through the process with public leisure facilities, and shortly it will begin with schools too. He won't order then shut, but headteachers WILL, a few at first, then a raft of them shutting up very quickly. Ergo government advice followed so they don't come out of it looking like shit, but Boris did not give the order so any parent taking time off work to look after kids will find it a lot trickier to bill loss of earnings at the government themselves.

It's a bit sneaky, but he's faced with no choice as he sees it, because the amount of "compo" that would be sought in 21st century Britain would bankrupt the public purse in days.

Tbf I find it surprising more people don't see this as it's one of the oldest tricks in the book. Load up that gun and give it to someone else to fire.

B

Manchester (she/her)

"As I write this I am sat in a coffee shop. Having a cuppa as I have spent some hours visiting various shops trying to get toilet roll.

I often pop into my local club for a cuppa... if it's still open and I'm passing I will no doubt do the same. As I can tell you know it will be a lot less crowded and less people coughing all over people than the shops I've just been in have been.

I really think the isolation this is going to cause will end up costing many more lives than the virus itself.

And I have read much to suggest that self isolation may not be the answer anyway. Herd immunity maybe the way forward. We wont know till the dust settles. "

My understanding is that the UK did look to herd immunity initially, but seeing the death toll in Italy has made them reconsider.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"As I write this I am sat in a coffee shop. Having a cuppa as I have spent some hours visiting various shops trying to get toilet roll.

And I have read much to suggest that self isolation may not be the answer anyway. Herd immunity maybe the way forward. We wont know till the dust settles.

My understanding is that the UK did look to herd immunity initially, but seeing the death toll in Italy has made them reconsider."

we still arent locking down like they are though.

Manchester (she/her)

My understanding is that the UK did look to herd immunity initially, but seeing the death toll in Italy has made them reconsider. we still arent locking down like they are though. "

No, but moving in that direction.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Many People in the UK generally don’t understand this, they need the government to A/ tell them exactly what to and when b/ be responsible for absolutely every part of those lives. It’s a unique UK mindset , the opposite the the US and many other countries. It’s like they cannot think for themselves.

Boris has HAD to play this card. The advice has been given so no one can say they weren't warned. But he simply CANNOT enforce it yet as can you imagine the government having to reimburse every single pub, club, theatre, cinema in the country for takings lost during the period as well as every single employee's wages? Which they would have a fair case for as the government gave them the direct order? Plus all the sick pay during this period, the massive cost on the NHS, the fall out ripple effects of loss of earnings that be proven to be directly from this?

The precedent was set with sporting events. He simply couldn't give the order to call all football fixtures etc, etc off as every single club would have grounds to bill the government for loss of earnings (think of the Sky packages, gate money, etc, etc) which would have put a huge hole in the budget for dealing with this.

So he gave advice instead saying those who displayed symptoms be quarantined. It was only a matter of very short time before someone in the game, whether management or player came down with it, meaning whole teams would have to be quarantined and the league falls flat. Clubs would have to follow the advice otherwise they lose their image of being responsible which would shaft them. Which is why of course the league was cancelled very shortly after anyway without Boris having to give the direct order at all.

It is a model of admonishing the government of responsibility of actually closing anything directly, so no massive compensation needed, yet relying on companies to push the button instead on advice given so the government still comes across like it's given safe advice.

The same tactic will continue to be used. It worked for sporting events, it is currently going through the process with public leisure facilities, and shortly it will begin with schools too. He won't order then shut, but headteachers WILL, a few at first, then a raft of them shutting up very quickly. Ergo government advice followed so they don't come out of it looking like shit, but Boris did not give the order so any parent taking time off work to look after kids will find it a lot trickier to bill loss of earnings at the government themselves.

It's a bit sneaky, but he's faced with no choice as he sees it, because the amount of "compo" that would be sought in 21st century Britain would bankrupt the public purse in days.

Tbf I find it surprising more people don't see this as it's one of the oldest tricks in the book. Load up that gun and give it to someone else to fire.

B"

That's very true and people panicking hides it even more as sheep/mob mentality takes over and

as long as I survive bollocks to everyone else thoughts precedes

By *ssexfootmanMan  over a year ago

Essex

Well said

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Someone on the club lockdown thread was bemoaning the clubs closing down and then shilling for the hope of private party invites.

Is there that much missing in your life? Get a grip.

This will pass no need to exacerbate it. "

Yeah, get a grip.

Move it up and down gently building to a crescendo in as much time as you like and BOOM!

There you go.

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Total lockdown would cause harm to people who will earn nothing by not working. The government will NOT help most people and firms simply won’t be able to afford to pay their workers and will go bust. £98 a week to feed a family of 4/5???? Oh, and that’s got to pay for rent/mortgage, council tax, gas, electricity....

The maths simply don’t add up.

Oh, claim benefits. That take weeks to come through before this happened. Do you really think it will be quicker when 2 million out of work all apply 4 weeks next Monday?? No.

So what can you do? How do you mitigate for a shutdown for 2-4 weeks??

I’d love to know.

Because shutting schools down for 16 weeks would mean that we WILL lose medical staff as they won’t be able to work AND look after their kids.

It all comes down to the fact that the NHS can NOT cope with a massive spike. It doesn’t have the resources. So to cover that up the government wants to spread the spike over 6-9 months instead of 6-9 weeks. Which is totally understandable. But not at the expense of a million or 2 jobs lost in retail and hospitality and watching people already struggling to make ends meet get royally fucked!!

For gods sake....head teachers already keep their schools open in the holidays to feed their pupils because they know their parents can’t afford to...who’s going to feed those kids for an extra 16 weeks?????

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

The number of meets I get up here it's a moot point but I am very conflicted about this.

On the one hand I do think herd immunity is important. We need to let the virus spread through the healthy population otherwise we'll be in lockdown forever.

On t'other side obviously I'm selfish enough to care about some of my family possibly dying.

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"The number of meets I get up here it's a moot point but I am very conflicted about this.

On the one hand I do think herd immunity is important. We need to let the virus spread through the healthy population otherwise we'll be in lockdown forever.

On t'other side obviously I'm selfish enough to care about some of my family possibly dying. "

I’m with you. It’s an impossible decision. But as a healthy person I’m happy to go through it if it helps long term. I will just keep a very big distance from everyone who may not be so lucky if they catch it

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

I think it's time people changed their age range, seriously playing with those 70-99 year olds is putting them at more risk

"I think it's time people changed their age range, seriously playing with those 70-99 year olds is putting them at more risk "
lol

It's about priorities! If your priority is swinging, in my opinion you don't have much of a life really

"in 18 months when its still not over we can start again and omg will we start "

There will be fucking in the streets!

» Add a new message to this topic