FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Can you afford

Can you afford

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Statuary sick pay or is this going to encourage people to go to work regardless as you can’t afford to take £98 a week I know I can’t

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Has it gone up? Was £89 a week three years ago. Mental

And no, if I was working I’d be fucked.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Virgin Airways staff are having to take eight weeks unpaid leave.

No I couldn't. I get full sick pay luckily but my family members dont

"Virgin Airways staff are having to take eight weeks unpaid leave. "

I’m surprised at mr Branson he usually treats his staff well

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

Yes but if we stop in then we spend no money.. and the bailiffs won’t come round cuz they are off work too

Absolutely not.

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

I'd be fucked and and not in the good sense!

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

We are self employed. We get nothing. We are extremely worried about the financial impact this is going to have on so many people. Businesses will go bankrupt.

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I couldn't live on that for long, but luckily my employer would give me full pay in the event I'm off sick.

Our employer has quarantined us all on full pay as one of our colleagues was diagnosed (He already had chronic Asthma). They were originally only going to pay SSP but we threatened to turn up every morning and lick the door handles. Government needs to pay every worker a basic wage to be off, and far more than SSP.

By *ltrMan  over a year ago

sheffield

wouldnt buy you hand sanitizer sick pay ..way things are going people profiteering on ebay and such like after emptying supermarkets of essential products

I run my own business so if I stop the money stops.

But I'm prepared to go bear grylls style and live off road kill and drink from dirty puddles.

Bring it on

"Statuary sick pay or is this going to encourage people to go to work regardless as you can’t afford to take £98 a week I know I can’t "
i don't get sick pay I'm self employed

"We are self employed. We get nothing. We are extremely worried about the financial impact this is going to have on so many people. Businesses will go bankrupt."

I hope you don’t get affected

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"We are self employed. We get nothing. We are extremely worried about the financial impact this is going to have on so many people. Businesses will go bankrupt.

I hope you don’t get affected "

We are and the majority will be hit hard.

By *itonmyfacebookMan  over a year ago

Burton on Trent

"Virgin Airways staff are having to take eight weeks unpaid leave. "

As multi-billionaire Branson suns himself on his tropical island or flies around in his space rocket.

"Statuary sick pay or is this going to encourage people to go to work regardless as you can’t afford to take £98 a week I know I can’t "
I just started a new job so I doubt i get sod all n then I go u/c an Wait for six weeks to get a payment. I be dead by then

"We are self employed. We get nothing. We are extremely worried about the financial impact this is going to have on so many people. Businesses will go bankrupt.

I hope you don’t get affected

We are and the majority will be hit hard."

I’m worried about the knock on effect to the economy I think it’s going to be a tough year

"Statuary sick pay or is this going to encourage people to go to work regardless as you can’t afford to take £98 a week I know I can’t I just started a new job so I doubt i get sod all n then I go u/c an Wait for six weeks to get a payment. I be dead by then"

I think it’s a legal obligation did Boris not say

"Virgin Airways staff are having to take eight weeks unpaid leave.

As multi-billionaire Branson suns himself on his tropical island or flies around in his space rocket."

i can feel the green eyed monster there, to be fair he did invite me

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I’m on a salary with full benefits so I can isolate if need be.

I’m not going to take the piss like some in my office have done. I saw one looking up the symptoms on her computer then she developed a cough in a matter of minutes.

I will work from home for the foreseeable even if I get a mild dose I will continue to work.

I’ve heard of a few companies that are going to pay ssp if you self isolate and then give you full pay if you are tested and have the virus but they are only testing if you are ‘at risk’ so I’m not sure how that works!!!!

Burton on Trent

How long before folks have their gas, electric and water cut off and get evicted or their property repossessed?

I earn £600 a week, theres no way £98 is going to convince me to stay off 2 weeks . That wouldnt cover anything for me

"How long before folks have their gas, electric and water cut off and get evicted or their property repossessed? "

I'd quite like the government to pass some kind of emergency legislation that forbids this

North Bucks

Contact your mortgage companies some are offering payment holidays although they are not singing it from the roof tops.

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

"How long before folks have their gas, electric and water cut off and get evicted or their property repossessed? "

They won’t cuz all the workers will be in there own homes

"I'd be fucked and and not in the good sense!"

How I'd like to fuck you in a good sense

"I earn £600 a week, theres no way £98 is going to convince me to stay off 2 weeks . That wouldnt cover anything for me "

Do self employed get this £98 a week? And if it’s sick pay do people still get it if they’re not sick? Ie: following the advice and staying off because other people in the household have symptoms. It’s really not very clear at all.

"Statuary sick pay or is this going to encourage people to go to work regardless as you can’t afford to take £98 a week I know I can’t I just started a new job so I doubt i get sod all n then I go u/c an Wait for six weeks to get a payment. I be dead by then

I think it’s a legal obligation did Boris not say "

bj as no clue in what he is talking about as he is reading from a script

By *rindiMan  over a year ago

chester

Nightmare, work in a gym and freelance pt, 90% of my business is currently cancelled. Going to be a tough few weeks.

I've started with a smokers cough yesterday (I'm pretty sure that's all it is) but having taken advice from NHS and my employer I'm now sat at home twiddling my thumbs for a week, it sucks and will hit me hard in my pocket but it's a necessary evil, better safe than sorry I suppose.

Anyone fancy a meet?

*legal disclaimer, ^ that was a joke.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

"I run my own business so if I stop the money stops.

But I'm prepared to go bear grylls style and live off road kill and drink from dirty puddles.

Bring it on "

Dirty puddles you're be dead within a week.. You obviously didn't read your sas survival book properly did you ..on ways of obtaining water.. Tell you what I'm glad i never gave my copy to the charity shop..

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Nope.

I have approximately£300 in savings on e that's gone that's it so enough for maybe 3 weekly food shops.

4 or 5 if we really cut back.

One thing I would like to see which would help.

All loan payments suspended

Credit cards same

Anything on credit

Utility bills suspended

And mortgage and council tax suspended.

All for 2months from 1st April

Broadband and phone free for duration. Everyone should have free access to information and news. After all they are the fuckers who wanted everything digital not us.

And before anyone says well that's billions well it's gonna be the same if everyone is locked down so at least we can relax regards financial matters.

I can't see how it's a viable option to lock people down for weeks on end and companies still expect bills to be paid.

It's a fucking mess I just assumed that the government had plans set in place that automatically kicks in during such extreme circumstances.

But I am guessing bank's will continue to make a fortune from it all by charging people a fortune for late payments.

So to answer your question.

No I'm not fucking ready or able to survive on SSP.

Burton on Trent

"How long before folks have their gas, electric and water cut off and get evicted or their property repossessed?

I'd quite like the government to pass some kind of emergency legislation that forbids this "

Quite like them to s*** on the less well off too.

"I earn £600 a week, theres no way £98 is going to convince me to stay off 2 weeks . That wouldnt cover anything for me

Do self employed get this £98 a week? And if it’s sick pay do people still get it if they’re not sick? Ie: following the advice and staying off because other people in the household have symptoms. It’s really not very clear at all. "

As far as I'm aware self employed people get nothing, luckily I'm not self employed but my brothers are.

They have kids and work hard for them so this will ruin families, we have all said that we will help each other out though so no one goes without. Also helping neighbours now that need things dropped to their doors

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

Nope won’t cope with the ssp even if we both get it. Mr is currently working as many hours as possible to see us through.

We’re lucky to have some savings as well.

"Contact your mortgage companies some are offering payment holidays although they are not singing it from the roof tops.

"

Both of the banks I bank with have sent emails to customers regarding this. So they are letting their customers know.

"I earn £600 a week, theres no way £98 is going to convince me to stay off 2 weeks . That wouldnt cover anything for me

Do self employed get this £98 a week? And if it’s sick pay do people still get it if they’re not sick? Ie: following the advice and staying off because other people in the household have symptoms. It’s really not very clear at all.

As far as I'm aware self employed people get nothing, luckily I'm not self employed but my brothers are.

They have kids and work hard for them so this will ruin families, we have all said that we will help each other out though so no one goes without. Also helping neighbours now that need things dropped to their doors "

It really is so worrying.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"We are self employed. We get nothing. We are extremely worried about the financial impact this is going to have on so many people. Businesses will go bankrupt."

Me too

By *osie xWoman  over a year ago

wolverhampton

"Virgin Airways staff are having to take eight weeks unpaid leave.

I’m surprised at mr Branson he usually treats his staff well "

Don’t kid yourself

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

And wasn't it the conservative government who wanted us all to work for ourselves and be self employed.

Now you can see why!!!!

Thatcher's bloody Britain.

If they let us live rent and utilities free yes can be done

Sounds like it could be really bad for a lot of you

Heck of a lot of people must be worried to bits, and no end insight for I think they are say 18 months now

North Bucks

"Contact your mortgage companies some are offering payment holidays although they are not singing it from the roof tops.

Both of the banks I bank with have sent emails to customers regarding this. So they are letting their customers know. "

"Sounds like it could be really bad for a lot of you

Heck of a lot of people must be worried to bits, and no end insight for I think they are say 18 months now "

Calm yourself, they say it's likely to be around for 18 months but there will be a vaccine soon enough and life will go back to normal shortly, not like we'll all be in lockdown for 18 months.

Heck of a lot of people must be worried to bits, and no end insight for I think they are say 18 months now

Calm yourself, they say it's likely to be around for 18 months but there will be a vaccine soon enough and life will go back to normal shortly, not like we'll all be in lockdown for 18 months."

You think it will go back to normal just like that?

Calm yourself, they say it's likely to be around for 18 months but there will be a vaccine soon enough and life will go back to normal shortly, not like we'll all be in lockdown for 18 months.

You think it will go back to normal just like that? "

That's not what I said, but they will get on top of it and it will become like flu where it's there and theres a vaccine etc but we dont have all the extremes that we're currently seeing.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I doubt many people can live on that.

I'll be getting clarification from my employer after last night's thing about isolating the whole household if one person has symptoms...

That's not what I said, but they will get on top of it and it will become like flu where it's there and theres a vaccine etc but we dont have all the extremes that we're currently seeing."

I was talking about the economy and businesses. It will take years

the self employed will get sod all as usual

That's not what I said, but they will get on top of it and it will become like flu where it's there and theres a vaccine etc but we dont have all the extremes that we're currently seeing.

I was talking about the economy and businesses. It will take years "

Ah, sorry I misinterpreted it. I agree we are back in a very dark hole for a very long time, and it will be the average worker that bears the brunt of the burden.

By *irenGuy70Man  over a year ago

Cirencester

Calm yourself, they say it's likely to be around for 18 months but there will be a vaccine soon enough and life will go back to normal shortly, not like we'll all be in lockdown for 18 months."

How are you defining "soon enough'? Scientists are saying a vaccine is 12-18 months away.

By *adyA01Woman  over a year ago

Wellington

I am self employed and work from home, I am a bookkeeper so have been reading up as I need to know about sick pay etc if my clients need to know for payroll purposes...

The government have said for self employed who need to self isolate, they can apply for universal credit, and they are relaxing the minimum income levels so they self employed get help too and they will pay a month in advance, so no long waits to get help... Lots of advice on the government website, just Google sick pay and Corona virus...

By *ooking4othersMan  over a year ago

Here ...

I'm salaried so I get paid regardless of being sick or work from home etc.

However, our parent company came out right at the start of this and said everyone would be paid if they needed time off or had to go home regardless of their position.

We are sending nearly everyone home across the world this week if they are not already doing so.

How are you defining "soon enough'? Scientists are saying a vaccine is 12-18 months away."

is that right? I though America was starting human trials this week?

I was talking about the economy and businesses. It will take years

Ah, sorry I misinterpreted it. I agree we are back in a very dark hole for a very long time, and it will be the average worker that bears the brunt of the burden. "

It’s fine. Crossed wires I think

I'll work from home

By *all-Eddies QosCouple  over a year ago

wirral

I'm home with the kids and the husband keeps us....if he can't work, we are fucked. We get nothing else.

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Same with me,unless the government does something similar to germany things are going to get very uncomfortable, messy and nasty very quickly and i fear we are only at the beggining. The experts and commentators that think things can be shut down for months then just spring back to life are in for a big shock as whole sections of the economy could be wiped out.

T

By *irenGuy70Man  over a year ago

Cirencester

How are you defining "soon enough'? Scientists are saying a vaccine is 12-18 months away. is that right? I though America was starting human trials this week?"

Yes, that's correct, the first trial is starting this week, but even if successful we're looking at the 12-28 months timeframe for it to be released to the public.

How are you defining "soon enough'? Scientists are saying a vaccine is 12-18 months away. is that right? I though America was starting human trials this week?

Yes, that's correct, the first trial is starting this week, but even if successful we're looking at the 12-28 months timeframe for it to be released to the public."

If successful I genuinely believe it will be fast tracked, they're not going to drag their heels in times like these, plus looking at China (obviously they have a slightly different strategy) the virus is starting to decline naturally, even if I'm totally wrong you have to try to stay positive because without hope the battle is already lost.

thankfully I am retired and a very good pension

otherwise I would be worried

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

How are you defining "soon enough'? Scientists are saying a vaccine is 12-18 months away. is that right? I though America was starting human trials this week?

Yes, that's correct, the first trial is starting this week, but even if successful we're looking at the 12-28 months timeframe for it to be released to the public."

it will be fast tracked at every opportunity. It will have corners cut and most minor issues will be dismissed. It won't go through the slow detailed process that all other vaccines go through.

It won't be ready for use soon, but it will certainly be mass produced sooner than estimated.

By *orthantsblueeyesMan  over a year ago

Northampton

Definitely not.

2 members of staff in our business, so if one succumbs (or has to take the time off for childcare) then unfortunately it's pretty much game over.

Luckily I get 52 weeks full sick pay......unsure if this would stand under these circumstances as its never happened before.

I’m not 100% sure what my partner gets with her work. Luckily we’d be ok for quite a while on SSP.

I really do feel for people as this is going to hit a lot of people hard financially.

» Add a new message to this topic