FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Working from home ?

Working from home ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How many of you are able to do this ? D can but I can’t , I’m a support worker so have to go in no matter what unless I get any symptoms of the c word !

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I work in care and it’s all hands on deck. I might not have a job by the end of the year at this rate.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm lucky that I can although I still need to get out for site and client visits.

I'm a student, we're doing lectures online for the foreseeable future. My placement is in a school though, until they close them I'll still be going.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Yes. I'm lucky I know. At the same time, I am a people person. It's what I do, how I am. So I'm going to get antsy and a bit needy for human interaction.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

have to go to work and been told if we get symptoms and have to stay at home wont be getting paid unless we have a positive test seems as they not testing i will be fucked if i need time off

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

Monkey can, Red can't ...

The company I work for is increasingly advising working from home as the primary option now

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I can. I’m going to. I see it as an opportunity to improve my health by working out and also do some DIY.

I can, but email and phone calls don't really replace the face to face meetings needed with potential customers

I can and am for a couple of weeks but Jay can't. I know I'm lucky and tbh I work from home a couple of days a week normally anyway. But obviously if I was too ill to work I would still be off sick xxx

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"Yes. I'm lucky I know. At the same time, I am a people person. It's what I do, how I am. So I'm going to get antsy and a bit needy for human interaction. "

I’m the same. Plus we deal with the elderly over the phone. Some days we are the only people they talk to T is part of a family business & they can’t not work. It’s all a bit of a mess!!!

J x

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

I cannot work from home as I work in Hospitality.

Reality however is the hotel I work in, has lost at least 70% of our business in the past 2 weeks. Local businesses have cut back enormously.

By *uriousKinksterMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

Fortunately I can, but there are huge changes coming in from April to tax law (IR35), which is an abysmal piece of legislation as it is, without now being largely unable to bid for new contracts. Worrying times for so many people all around the country

I've started as of today. Unfortunately the remote connection to my work PC has been a bit unreliable.

By *.L.0460.Woman  over a year ago

Bognor Regis

I was already off work (unpaid) till Easter as I'm recovering from cosmetic surgery.

I'm still having to share the house with my ex husband...if he has to work from home, it's going to be HELL! I'm absolutely dreading it as it's so stressful as it is

By *hedevilKTWoman  over a year ago

milton keynes

"I was already off work (unpaid) till Easter as I'm recovering from cosmetic surgery.

I'm still having to share the house with my ex husband...if he has to work from home, it's going to be HELL! I'm absolutely dreading it as it's so stressful as it is "

Ohno hun that sounds horrific hugs

"I work in care and it’s all hands on deck. I might not have a job by the end of the year at this rate. "

I really feel for you and all those working in any care/support services jobs.

It’s little or no consolation, but I think the period we are about to face will have a huge impact on a lot of small businesses as their staff are forced to isolate, or customers don’t turn up/order services.

Around if you ever wish to chat x

Take care and keep your chin up.

Will x

It’s a real stressful time for many people, one of my staff is showing symptoms but the boss has been real shitty to her in the past about having time off sick so now she’s feeling worried about take the time off !

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"Yes. I'm lucky I know. At the same time, I am a people person. It's what I do, how I am. So I'm going to get antsy and a bit needy for human interaction. "

Day one of potentially 12 weeks working from home and I was climbing the walls by 5pm. In my case it’s a necessity to prevent potential spread throughout the primary care community. Far be it for my team to exacerbate an already unprecedented situation. Better for us all to work from home for now.

"Yes. I'm lucky I know. At the same time, I am a people person. It's what I do, how I am. So I'm going to get antsy and a bit needy for human interaction.

Day one of potentially 12 weeks working from home and I was climbing the walls by 5pm. In my case it’s a necessity to prevent potential spread throughout the primary care community. Far be it for my team to exacerbate an already unprecedented situation. Better for us all to work from home for now. "

Lucky lady!

How are you, DC?

I’m about to WFH for a few weeks, following a brief visit to Sheffield for a few days!

By *amescoupleCouple  over a year ago

north walsham

Neither of us can.

M works in a fish and chip shop and until either we have to isolate or the government orders a lockdown. Work as normal. Also just ssp to survive on which is a third of his normal earnings.

C works in a major supermarket. Thus even in the event of a lockdown. It would be one of the few things to remain open.

I work mostly from home anyway so I can

I'm a postie. Special measures in place at the mo. I doubt the postal system will stop through all of this.

By *ayRosesWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I can - and we'd already be ordered to as much as possible for the last couple of weeks. One of the benefits of working for a multinational.

I know I'm one of the fortunate ones, no thanks to that cockwomble shitebag weasel that is in number 10.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

"I work in care and it’s all hands on deck. I might not have a job by the end of the year at this rate.

It’s little or no consolation, but I think the period we are about to face will have a huge impact on a lot of small businesses as their staff are forced to isolate, or customers don’t turn up/order services.

Will x"

Thank you Will x

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

We are preparing for shutting, but will only comply when the government gives the order to the council, its worrying though as some of the working parents may place their children with grandparents due to money worries...

By *ottielayWoman  over a year ago

by the bay

No I’m in a hospital

"I can - and we'd already be ordered to as much as possible for the last couple of weeks. One of the benefits of working for a multinational.

I know I'm one of the fortunate ones, no thanks to that cockwomble shitebag weasel that is in number 10."

So covid-19 is now BJ’s fault?

How does that work?

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"Yes. I'm lucky I know. At the same time, I am a people person. It's what I do, how I am. So I'm going to get antsy and a bit needy for human interaction.

Day one of potentially 12 weeks working from home and I was climbing the walls by 5pm. In my case it’s a necessity to prevent potential spread throughout the primary care community. Far be it for my team to exacerbate an already unprecedented situation. Better for us all to work from home for now.

Lucky lady!

How are you, DC?

I’m about to WFH for a few weeks, following a brief visit to Sheffield for a few days! "

I’m good thanks - long time no see

"I work in care and it’s all hands on deck. I might not have a job by the end of the year at this rate.

Will x

Thank you Will x"

Nhs here so no chance of home working

By *ophleeCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

Lee can and is working remotely from home. I can’t, however my employers have instigated “minimum essential staff only” at work so I’m working 1 week on 2 weeks off for the foreseeable future

By *DreamOfGenieWoman  over a year ago

London

Working from home for the foreseeable future.

Thinking of all of you working in care and support services, as well as hospitality and entertainment - if anyone finds themselves feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything and just fancies a chat, I'm a really good listener and can tell really good (i.e. bad) jokes xx

By *ayRosesWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I can - and we'd already be ordered to as much as possible for the last couple of weeks. One of the benefits of working for a multinational.

I know I'm one of the fortunate ones, no thanks to that cockwomble shitebag weasel that is in number 10.

So covid-19 is now BJ’s fault?

How does that work?"

The pathetic response of not sorting sick pay for self-employed/ zero-contracts, not supporting people to self isolate - that's his fault.

Our social welfare state has been destroyed and a lot of people will suffer because of the tory party policies.

"Working from home for the foreseeable future.

Thinking of all of you working in care and support services, as well as hospitality and entertainment - if anyone finds themselves feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything and just fancies a chat, I'm a really good listener and can tell really good (i.e. bad) jokes xx"

Thats so sweet xx

Working from home for the foreseeable... feet up, coffee, tv on on in the background. Its better than being in the office.

By *.L.0460.Woman  over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"I was already off work (unpaid) till Easter as I'm recovering from cosmetic surgery.

I'm still having to share the house with my ex husband...if he has to work from home, it's going to be HELL! I'm absolutely dreading it as it's so stressful as it is

Ohno hun that sounds horrific hugs"

Thank you very much xxx

"How many of you are able to do this ? D can but I can’t , I’m a support worker so have to go in no matter what unless I get any symptoms of the c word ! "

I could if I wanted to. But I'll wait till we get told to isolate and get paid to binge Netflix

Thinking of all of you working in care and support services, as well as hospitality and entertainment - if anyone finds themselves feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything and just fancies a chat, I'm a really good listener and can tell really good (i.e. bad) jokes xx"

I can vouch for the jokes !

My son is working from home for the forseeable..... Said he had a conferance call at 9, put his shirt and tie on for the call but left his PJ bottoms with Batmans on that I bought him at Christmas ??

"My son is working from home for the forseeable..... Said he had a conferance call at 9, put his shirt and tie on for the call but left his PJ bottoms with Batmans on that I bought him at Christmas ??

"

Hahaha love this

Yes, can work from home and avoid contact for as long as it takes. Ocado delivering food. However, I already feel anxious, isolated and a bit sad

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

"I'm a postie. Special measures in place at the mo. I doubt the postal system will stop through all of this. "

We’re both posties too.

Our biggest concern is what happens if Boris does announce, as was suggested may happen, that over 60’s and people with health conditions have to stay at home for 12 weeks. As far as we can tell, underlying health conditions means anyone who would normally get an nhs flu jab. As something has asthma that would be me. I’m currently on a stage 2 after being off with flu like symptoms, been back at work a week but not fully recovered and have a lingering cough. If I’m forced to stay home I’m worried I may lose my job

My daughter works at a SEN school and is really concerned as they have such vulnerable kids there and there’s already a couple of members of staff that have symptoms but not being tested, yet the school is still open !

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"My son is working from home for the forseeable..... Said he had a conferance call at 9, put his shirt and tie on for the call but left his PJ bottoms with Batmans on that I bought him at Christmas ??

"

Ha ha that’s standard practice for WFH attire

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Redhill

Tourist industry. Last week I was talking about my return from some voluntary unpaid leave. Now our jobs are on the line. It is surreal.

I’ve been feeling sick all day.

London

Thinking of all of you working in care and support services, as well as hospitality and entertainment - if anyone finds themselves feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything and just fancies a chat, I'm a really good listener and can tell really good (i.e. bad) jokes xx

I can vouch for the jokes ! "

You haven't heard my best ones yet

"My daughter works at a SEN school and is really concerned as they have such vulnerable kids there and there’s already a couple of members of staff that have symptoms but not being tested, yet the school is still open ! "

I just said on another thread I think they’ll be the first to close. My child’s SEN school has said they’re happy for parents to keep their child off if they want to. A few have done who have kids with health problems. SEN schools can’t stay open if staff go down as a lot have one to one.

"My daughter works at a SEN school and is really concerned as they have such vulnerable kids there and there’s already a couple of members of staff that have symptoms but not being tested, yet the school is still open !

I just said on another thread I think they’ll be the first to close. My child’s SEN school has said they’re happy for parents to keep their child off if they want to. A few have done who have kids with health problems. SEN schools can’t stay open if staff go down as a lot have one to one. "

Her school has said the same but the trouble is there’s a lot of parents who still send there kids in when they’re unwell as they are hard work or have behaviours which I kind of understand as it’s super stressful but these are likely to be the kids that spread it

"I'm a postie. Special measures in place at the mo. I doubt the postal system will stop through all of this.

We’re both posties too.

Our biggest concern is what happens if Boris does announce, as was suggested may happen, that over 60’s and people with health conditions have to stay at home for 12 weeks. As far as we can tell, underlying health conditions means anyone who would normally get an nhs flu jab. As something has asthma that would be me. I’m currently on a stage 2 after being off with flu like symptoms, been back at work a week but not fully recovered and have a lingering cough. If I’m forced to stay home I’m worried I may lose my job"

I'm also asthmatic. Though i would like to think if we are effectively forced to be off then rm can't discipline for that??

What I want to know is would we get paid? Working people can end up losing their homes over this, it's a much bigger problem than just the illness.

Emergency services don’t really get the choice

London

"

I'm also asthmatic. Though i would like to think if we are effectively forced to be off then rm can't discipline for that??

What I want to know is would we get paid? Working people can end up losing their homes over this, it's a much bigger problem than just the illness. "

Chronic asthmatic here too, and currently blessed with zero immune system following a long illness - just to cover my back, my doctor has issued me an amended work note stating clearly that I should work from home as priority. I've sent a copy to HR, just in case.

"My daughter works at a SEN school and is really concerned as they have such vulnerable kids there and there’s already a couple of members of staff that have symptoms but not being tested, yet the school is still open !

I just said on another thread I think they’ll be the first to close. My child’s SEN school has said they’re happy for parents to keep their child off if they want to. A few have done who have kids with health problems. SEN schools can’t stay open if staff go down as a lot have one to one.

Her school has said the same but the trouble is there’s a lot of parents who still send there kids in when they’re unwell as they are hard work or have behaviours which I kind of understand as it’s super stressful but these are likely to be the kids that spread it "

Yes that’s true. As hard as it’s going to be to have them at home I wouldn’t send them if they weren’t well and I wouldn’t if they had underlying health problems either. Although I’m absolutely dreading them shutting!!!!

I cant do my job from home sadly, and would still be called upon to go in even if all the other staff were sent home.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

No I can’t work from home unfortunately.

I’ve been told to work from home so the office will be pretty much empty tomorrow

My office has been told to work from home for next 30 days

Neither of us can C does child care and I do rail maintenance although we may not be doing much as the job we’re on is not urgent so may get layed off, not good as self employed

"Yes, can work from home and avoid contact for as long as it takes. Ocado delivering food. However, I already feel anxious, isolated and a bit sad "

I tried to pm you, but I can't.

Pm if you want a chat, I'm a good listener. Xx

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Prior today work were thinking 50% on 50% from home - alternative weeks

Things have changed and work have now said working from home till we tell you otherwise or work through advice

I am self isolating which is now gone up to two weeks and I live with family. I have suffered mental illness and will be going for a walk at least around the block tomorrow avoiding people just to get some fresh air.

Our IT department are tackling the somewhat problematic matter that non of our team can access emails when logged on at home. Our main IT system is painfully slow working from home.

And as a frontline public sector department key to this shitstorm that has to keep functioning our building is still open to the public and other departments who are actually hot desking here because no one will be the one that closes it down so we keep being told to work from home.

So yeah, working from home, bit of a sore point that one

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

Neither of us can work from home as P is an NHS carer on a stroke rehab ward and I'm a self employed welder/engineer. Fortunately I can go days without seeing another person while at work but I do worry about P who interacts with the relatives as well as the patients.

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Its what i do most of the week anyway.

No change for me.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I work at a school (IT Support), I can't do much from home. If they close the school I will probably still be onsite to keep systems running if I'm allowed, I suspect that some of the teachers will also still prefer to be in school. The risk would be much lower if the site is almost empty.

Cal

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

Publicly Stone the cunts

"Publicly Stone the cunts "

. Wrong thread??

"Yes, can work from home and avoid contact for as long as it takes. Ocado delivering food. However, I already feel anxious, isolated and a bit sad "

I'm sorry.

I hope you are as OK as you can be.

There is a really good BBC article about looking after your mental health during this time.

I'm really struggling too, please message if I can help in anyway. X

I've got no chance.

Unless the company can squeeze a 4 ton, 3 axis cnc milling machine through my front door

I work in London, and like a lot of The City I’ve been told to work from home for the next two weeks minimum.

By *uff the Boner!Man  over a year ago

SWANSEA

I work in floating tenancy support means I got to visit people in their own homes. I got to ask them questions such as have they any symptoms etc don't know for how long before we are sent home.

Working from home, that's the norm for me.

By *4damMan  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

First day of working from home, don't be fooled into thinking it's all fun and games being home. I've had so many online meetings and teleconferences its been hard going. Cant wait to be out and working alongside people again.

I wish I could! My trade (worldwide events) ground to a complete halt over the last couple weeks.

Self employed, job gone, already rationing savings and frantically applying for work outside of the job I've been doing for 26 years. My trade probably won't start up again till September by the looks of it. I'm adapting, counting my blessings and very grateful I've had a job all this time, I never took it for granted and have always saved, spent within my means, for lean times like these. I feel lucky I'm physically able to work and will take anything available. There are many less fortunate or able to adapt for many reasons, and it's those I'm thinking of and will try and help right now.

I can't. Domiciliary carer. I still have to do the house to house thing unless I actually catch the devil virus.

Takes a lot for us to be cancelled.

I can’t work from home, but we closed yesterday morning for the next two weeks, minimum.

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"First day of working from home, don't be fooled into thinking it's all fun and games being home. I've had so many online meetings and teleconferences its been hard going. Cant wait to be out and working alongside people again."

Same here but today was slow which made it worse

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

We have to invent online education for a previously face to face only course. Staff have variable home equipment and broadband, students have buggered off to all over the world and we're expected to make a seamless transition almost overnight. Oh, and somehow assess people all over the place and keep tabs on staff etc. Simples

By *udeSpaLoverMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

I will be as of tomorrow. I also make £50 a day doing match betting and online roulette (using software that reads the algorithms and hugely improves strike rate, even then I limit my winnings. Very dangerous game to play if you don't know what you're doing or get greedy so not advisable to most). I'm lucky because online casinos will be one of the last things to go and they provide me with extra income, if I lost my job I could look to win more but again, it's crucial not to take the piss or they will take it back from you. Rigged as fk once you get into big money.

» Add a new message to this topic