FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Latest from Bojo.

Latest from Bojo.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone seen the latest news right now? They're issuing new measures, telling people not to go to pubs clubs and restaurants. Cerfews, the lot it seems.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *heshire-cat74Woman  over a year ago

Stoke on Trent

Really I have not seen yet

By *ark ph0enixWoman  over a year ago

Teesside

Heard it on radio

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Was expecting it esp after Ireland and other countries closed pubs etc

He’s not closing them. Just advising people not to go and to avoid any non essential contact with anyone

"Anyone seen the latest news right now? They're issuing new measures, telling people not to go to pubs clubs and restaurants. Cerfews, the lot it seems. "

No mention of curfews

"Anyone seen the latest news right now? They're issuing new measures, telling people not to go to pubs clubs and restaurants. Cerfews, the lot it seems. "

No compulsion though, reminds me of Sgt. Wilson from Dad's Army... "would you mind awfully not going to the pub for a little while"

By *urtyGentMan  over a year ago

eastleigh

No official “banning” of gatherings as yet. However if you or anybody in your house shows symptoms that’s 14 days at home in isolation

They really do seem to ratcheting up the interventions at the moment.

I find it very hard to see how leisure retail businesses can carry on at the moment,- pubs, clubs, leisure centres, theatres, restaurants etc.

By *ee04Man  over a year ago

Thurrock

The man is a fucking joke, hope all those who voted him in to power are happy with their choice. I wouldn’t trust him to run a bath, he’s probably thinking he can cull the working class with the epidemic.

By *ustme1820Woman  over a year ago

Southcoast Gosport

what are the curfews op?

"Anyone seen the latest news right now? They're issuing new measures, telling people not to go to pubs clubs and restaurants. Cerfews, the lot it seems.

No mention of curfews "

It was on BBC news, they're talking of curfews.

"The man is a fucking joke, hope all those who voted him in to power are happy with their choice. I wouldn’t trust him to run a bath, he’s probably thinking he can cull the working class with the epidemic. "

"He’s not closing them. Just advising people not to go and to avoid any non essential contact with anyone "

Yeah as soon as they start forcing the public were in dangerous territory.

I'd hope everyone is sensible enough to not take the piss, but from all the panic buying I am seeing there's always a portion of society that are only concerned about themselves.

I'll probably end up working from home very soon. I'm fine with that but I'm just worried I'll get lazy.

From a friend of mine who works for the NHS

Here is the latest advice from the government

Here are some key points:

Anyone who lives with someone who has a cough or a temperature should stay at home for 14 days

People should start working from home where they possibly can

Avoid pubs, clubs, theatres and other such social venues

Only use the NHS when we really need to

From tomorrow government will no longer be "supporting" mass gatherings using emergency workers

"Anyone seen the latest news right now? They're issuing new measures, telling people not to go to pubs clubs and restaurants. Cerfews, the lot it seems.

No mention of curfews

It was on BBC news, they're talking of curfews. "

No. I’ve got him on live now

like most MP’s they have a penile projection from their forehead.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

[Removed by poster at 16/03/20 17:34:13]

"From a friend of mine who works for the NHS

Here is the latest advice from the government

Here are some key points:

Anyone who lives with someone who has a cough or a temperature should stay at home for 14 days

People should start working from home where they possibly can

Avoid pubs, clubs, theatres and other such social venues

Only use the NHS when we really need to

From tomorrow government will no longer be "supporting" mass gatherings using emergency workers"

That sums up what he said yep

"Anyone seen the latest news right now? They're issuing new measures, telling people not to go to pubs clubs and restaurants. Cerfews, the lot it seems. what are the curfews op? "

Not sure to be honest. There currently giving out a lot of info now on BBC news.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Watching it now.... he’s completely lost it, clueless, can’t decide whether to keep watching or go get more pasta.

So he has the Power to criminalise handshakes ? What about swinging ?

No compulsion though, reminds me of Sgt. Wilson from Dad's Army... "would you mind awfully not going to the pub for a little while" "

I feel hes terrified of actually taking an official stance and is avoiding a lockdown through fear that it will be deemed an overreaction and used against him at a later date in the house.

Poor bloke thought that getting "brexit done" would be his legacy, and now he has to actually steer a country through one of it toughest times in recent(ish) history.

Just my humble opinion on it.

I don't like Boris but he's doing the best he can based on the advice he's given. He's in a no win situation.

Rather than slagging him off everyone should be a bit more understanding.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

He looks very worried.

"I don't like Boris but he's doing the best he can based on the advice he's given. He's in a no win situation.

Rather than slagging him off everyone should be a bit more understanding."

My thoughts exactly. Whatever happens; he is damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t.

He is actually doing better than I thought he would, the real measure will be how we climb out of this once it’s all over

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Bugger my fat finger.

I stand by it. Boris could invent the cure and it would be the wrong colour for some.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"He looks very worried. "

Coached by Cummings etc..

"Bugger my fat finger.

I stand by it. Boris could invent the cure and it would be the wrong colour for some.

"

Just watching it now.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why the 'Breaking News' is telling us to avoid pubs, clubs, cinemas and restaurants, yet the schools and childcare settings are still open

Thurrock

"I don't like Boris but he's doing the best he can based on the advice he's given. He's in a no win situation.

Understanding the man is clueless. He fear mongers tells lies, racist. If I had said anyone of his comments I would loose my job. He gets to be prime minister.

Anyone rem_mber tank top wearing bum boys.

Just shows what a ducked up country we live in. Now thanks to him I don’t have the fucking option to live in another. I hate the man with a passion I never knew I possessed.

South

"Watching it now.... he’s completely lost it, clueless, can’t decide whether to keep watching or go get more pasta.

So he has the Power to criminalise handshakes ? What about swinging ?

"

That’s not what he said. He replied to a journalist who enquired about enforcement that there was actually a lot of laws in place already that could be used, for example there was a longstanding law in place already for banning handshakes, but he said we live in a society with responsible adults and he thought that people would do the sensible thing.

He’s responding to some right stupid questions to be honest. Give the guy a break.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Summary of PM press conference on coronavirus:

* Entire household must self-isolate for 14 days where there are symptoms

* Work from home where poss, stop unnecessary travel/contact

* No school closures *yet*

* Avoid pubs, clubs, mass gatherings

* Peak coming faster in London

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

My thoughts exactly. Whatever happens; he is damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t.

He is actually doing better than I thought he would, the real measure will be how we climb out of this once it’s all over "

Totally agree

North Bucks

Glad I panic bought some fine continental lager this afternoon.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

I would be more understanding if at least his government has screened the people arriving from Madrid last week for the CL game in Liverpool, 3000 people wandering about from a city that even then had a lot of cases of the virus..

We seem to be lacking a definitive policy, all seems too wishy washy when the evidence thus far shows that what China, Singapore and South Korea have done has had positive results..

He is actually doing better than I thought he would, the real measure will be how we climb out of this once it’s all over "

Politically speaking I think this will ruin the conservatives, as it would any party that happened to have been in government through this.

Economically, well let's just say we're fucked, but so is the rest of the world, it will be a long hard road back from this financially and countries need to forget their differences and pull together in the same direction, otherwise the words economy will faulter for a very long time.

Again, just my humble opinion.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Maybe his cunt of a party shouldn't have decimated the nhs over the last 10 year's.

Maybe he should take a leaf out of countries who are actually fighting the pandemic.

I'll reserve my sympathy for the poor sods who will die from this.

liverpool

He is actually doing better than I thought he would, the real measure will be how we climb out of this once it’s all over

Politically speaking I think this will ruin the conservatives, as it would any party that happened to have been in government through this.

Economically, well let's just say we're fucked, but so is the rest of the world, it will be a long hard road back from this financially and countries need to forget their differences and pull together in the same direction, otherwise the words economy will faulter for a very long time.

Again, just my humble opinion. "

Nah he will just blame labour.

Or Europe.

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

When for over 40 years you run an economy based on the need of all m_mbers of a family unit able to, to go out to work, shatter social cohesion through demanding that the elderly and infirm are placed in places of "care" and enabling the breakdown of the family unit by said policy of "encouraging" all m_mbers of a household to work (due to rampant house prices/rents and the actual NEED for all household m_mbers work) then this is what you get.

"lock down the country"

"we can't"

"why not?"

"because we don't have the strong social/familial cohesion that European nations have"

"why not?"

"we shattered it by putting everybody out to work meaning that the elderly and young were looked after as an industry (thus creating more work)"

"but what does that mean?"

"if we lock down the country, the economy is fucked, people need to work to live in our society"

"but loads of people don't work at all"

"Live or exist?"

Please note that this is just a little rant, I live alone. I have wine, pasta, toilet rolls, and some squidgy soap, but I care about you all, well some of you.....

Thurrock

Again, just my humble opinion. "

The issue is we now stand alone thanks to Boris and Farage. I was listening to a New Model Army track written in the 80s “51st satiate” seems more apt now than ever.

"The man is a fucking joke, hope all those who voted him in to power are happy with their choice. I wouldn’t trust him to run a bath, he’s probably thinking he can cull the working class with the epidemic. "

Completely agree; the whole ‘bumbling Boris’ routine is not doing anyone any favours

By *ayRosesWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Maybe his cunt of a party shouldn't have decimated the nhs over the last 10 year's.

Maybe he should take a leaf out of countries who are actually fighting the pandemic.

I'll reserve my sympathy for the poor sods who will die from this."

Not one mention of curfew mate

Nah he will just blame labour.

Or Europe."

And they'll all blame him, and someone will blame Putin but trump will have a press conference to say he did have 3some with Putin and Merkel, and then release a statement to clarify that he did indeed miss speak and meant didn't, meanwhile your average workers will foot the bill for the whole thing.

Understanding the man is clueless. He fear mongers tells lies, racist. If I had said anyone of his comments I would loose my job. He gets to be prime minister.

Just shows what a ducked up country we live in. Now thanks to him I don’t have the fucking option to live in another. I hate the man with a passion I never knew I possessed. "

I think your just someone that's not happy unless your berating someone now that you have a platform to spread hate.

Wealthy individuals have also been effected by this, it’s global problem. Not a rich or poor thing. Fortunately we are in the United Kingdom where healthcare is somewhat easily accessible.

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Oh, and what would you have the PM do...?

Not a Doris fan, far from it, but I reckon he is doing better than I expected....

liverpool

"The man is a fucking joke, hope all those who voted him in to power are happy with their choice. I wouldn’t trust him to run a bath, he’s probably thinking he can cull the working class with the epidemic.

Wealthy individuals have also been effected by this, it’s global problem. Not a rich or poor thing. Fortunately we are in the United Kingdom where healthcare is somewhat easily accessible."

If you are wealthy you are likely to have access to private health care.

See how accessible it is if things get really bad.

liverpool

"The man is a fucking joke, hope all those who voted him in to power are happy with their choice. I wouldn’t trust him to run a bath, he’s probably thinking he can cull the working class with the epidemic.

Oh, and what would you have the PM do...?

Not a Doris fan, far from it, but I reckon he is doing better than I expected.... "

Based on what exactly?

By *uttyjonnMan  over a year ago

cheshire

He did ok, it's a difficult position. He did right having experts support him and questions from the press. He has obviously taken on advice from 'experts', I don't see what more he can do at the moment.

Ive no doubt goalposts will move over the coming weeks

Wealthy individuals have also been effected by this, it’s global problem. Not a rich or poor thing. Fortunately we are in the United Kingdom where healthcare is somewhat easily accessible.

"

Anyone can pay for private health care it isn't that expensive.

Thurrock

Just shows what a ducked up country we live in. Now thanks to him I don’t have the fucking option to live in another. I hate the man with a passion I never knew I possessed.

I think your just someone that's not happy unless your berating someone now that you have a platform to spread hate."

You obviously do not know me. I don’t use platforms to spread hate I fact I am the opposite.

I do resent how he and his like conned a country and denied me the opportunity to live and work in most of Europe.

I wouldn’t mind if he had been truthful but he used it to further his own personal gain.

liverpool

"He did ok, it's a difficult position. He did right having experts support him and questions from the press. He has obviously taken on advice from 'experts', I don't see what more he can do at the moment.

Ive no doubt goalposts will move over the coming weeks "

Other experts have said it's completely the wrong thing to do.

Time will tell I suppose.

Bolton

Just shows what a ducked up country we live in. Now thanks to him I don’t have the fucking option to live in another. I hate the man with a passion I never knew I possessed. "

Is this really the best contribution you can make....??

Don’t just self isolate, you need to self satisfy.... give yourself some love while in self detention.

"

100% agree Wealth allows you access to a wider range of things. But my point is we have high status / wealthy individuals in the same boat as everyone; so far haven’t seen the vast amount of wealth they have help them in one bit.

They still have to be quarantined & wait for the scientists to create a miracle cure. (My apologies for the poor grammar)

liverpool

Anyone can pay for private health care it isn't that expensive."

Could that be more of a tory reply?

Maybe some people have other concerns like food and heat.

I'm sure the homeless are all signed up with bupa.

Too little too late ! When you see Chinese Government shitting itself building massive hospitals within day's in Dec_mber ! It's not rocket science to have a instant ban on travel... We had the massive advantage of living on a island.

By *urple-roseWoman  over a year ago

Stoke

As of tomorrow I have to work from home until told otherwise. I am a single mum & unsure how I will be able to cope trying to work & “teaching” my son if they close the schools.

liverpool

100% agree Wealth allows you access to a wider range of things. But my point is we have high status / wealthy individuals in the same boat as everyone; so far haven’t seen the vast amount of wealth they have help them in one bit.

They still have to be quarantined & wait for the scientists to create a miracle cure. (My apologies for the poor grammar)"

Trust me more poor people will die from this..than rich.

It's how the system works.

"As of tomorrow I have to work from home until told otherwise. I am a single mum & unsure how I will be able to cope trying to work & “teaching” my son if they close the schools. "

For the moment boris has no intention on closing schools, I have to keep up to date with this. As I am a parent.

Anyone can pay for private health care it isn't that expensive.

Could that be more of a tory reply?

Maybe some people have other concerns like food and heat.

I'm sure the homeless are all signed up with bupa.

"

I'm sure they will as will i and everyone else here.

They still have to be quarantined & wait for the scientists to create a miracle cure. (My apologies for the poor grammar)

It's how the system works."

I don't think you do. You seem to be hell bent on blaming the wealthy for everything and all of your problems.

It's how the system works."

I can’t trust you on that one, we are all at risk.

liverpool

I don't think you do. You seem to be hell bent on blaming the wealthy for everything and all of your problems."

Nope..I said if you are wealthy and have access to private healthcare you are going to be a lot safer than someone who is living on the street for example.

Care to point out the flaw in that argument.

I don't think you do. You seem to be hell bent on blaming the wealthy for everything and all of your problems.

Nope..I said if you are wealthy and have access to private healthcare you are going to be a lot safer than someone who is living on the street for example.

Care to point out the flaw in that argument."

Because you seem to think virus only target people that shop at Harrods apparently.

No curfew yet. My bad for mentioning it. Sorry guys.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Summary of PM press conference on coronavirus:

* Entire household must self-isolate for 14 days where there are symptoms

* Work from home where poss, stop unnecessary travel/contact

* No school closures *yet*

* Avoid pubs, clubs, mass gatherings

* Peak coming faster in London"

So don't go to the village pub and share a building with probably a dozen people.....but it's ok to send your kid to school where there's 500 staff and pupils.

Fucking twat Johnson.

A

Care to point out the flaw in that argument."

My friend wealth shouldn’t be in this topic unless we are talking about stock trading. This is human life, we are all prone to the same sickness. The rich & poor may die and it’s that black & white.

liverpool

Because you seem to think virus only target people that shop at Harrods apparently."

Spectacularly missing the point.

Well done.

I think your just someone that's not happy unless your berating someone now that you have a platform to spread hate.

You obviously do not know me. I don’t use platforms to spread hate I fact I am the opposite.

I do resent how he and his like conned a country and denied me the opportunity to live and work in most of Europe.

I wouldn’t mind if he had been truthful but he used it to further his own personal gain. "

Oh do give it a rest. I detest JC but even I’d feel

sorry for him if he had this on his shoulders!

"No curfew yet. My bad for mentioning it. Sorry guys. "

Easy mistake

Because you seem to think virus only target people that shop at Harrods apparently.

Well done."

I think your point was a bit ridiculous to start with.

cheshire

Private health care will not treat or test for corona

There's no vaccine anyway

The experts said, some people will not even know they've had the virus, most will suffer slightly

The big step forward will be when they are able to test whether someone has had the virus

By *acky RacersCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

Would you rather Corbyn and Abbott in charge right now then? Those fucking idiots can't even count...

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

What I am failing to see here is how a world wide issue such as this is becoming a political argument to some.

We're all in this together, the government is just issuing advice.

The same as basic hygiene advice, it's up to everyone to decide whether they follow the advice or not... but demonstrating a little social responsibility is a far bigger measure of a person than whether they wear blue, red, green, yellow or rainbow underwear!!

liverpool

My friend wealth shouldn’t be in this topic unless we are talking about stock trading. This is human life, we are all prone to the same sickness. The rich & poor may die and it’s that black & white. "

I'll try one last time.

Yes the illness affects everyone.

However if the situation gets really bad here the NHS will simply not be able to cope..its on its knees already.

Whereas If you can afford private health care you will be in as better position

Would you rather Corbyn and Abbott in charge right now then? Those fucking idiots can't even count... "

God help us if that was the case!!

My friend wealth shouldn’t be in this topic unless we are talking about stock trading. This is human life, we are all prone to the same sickness. The rich & poor may die and it’s that black & white.

I'll try one last time.

However if the situation gets really bad here the NHS will simply not be able to cope..its on its knees already.

"

If the nhs doesn’t cope they will use private hospitals!! They’ve said that!

Bolton

"What I am failing to see here is how a world wide issue such as this is becoming a political argument to some.

The same as basic hygiene advice, it's up to everyone to decide whether they follow the advice or not... but demonstrating a little social responsibility is a far bigger measure of a person than whether they wear blue, red, green, yellow or rainbow underwear!!"

Well done.

I think your point was a bit ridiculous to start with."

Appoliges I should have typed "Because you seem to think virus dont target people that shop at Harrods apparently."

I was busy eating a flake.

liverpool

I'll try one last time.

If the nhs doesn’t cope they will use private hospitals!! They’ve said that!"

They are being charged to do so I believe.

"What I am failing to see here is how a world wide issue such as this is becoming a political argument to some.

The same as basic hygiene advice, it's up to everyone to decide whether they follow the advice or not... but demonstrating a little social responsibility is a far bigger measure of a person than whether they wear blue, red, green, yellow or rainbow underwear!!"

Couldn’t have said it any better. Human life above everything. Put silly politics aside for a moment.

I was called by my consultant and told to stop taking my medication as it’s an immunity suppressant and now heard that people with lower immunities are being advised to self isolate for 13 to 16 weeks so dunno what the fuck I’m supposed to do about work and general living.

My daughters drama was cancelled tonight until further notice. No kickboxing either. Supposed to be on holiday next month to Greece for Easter hols but that’s not looking likely either.

Exactly this ^^^ I find it rather sad all the blaming ... social responsibility is the key

I'll try one last time.

"

Your point doesn’t make sense. Because countries like China & USA are big players in private healthcare & even they are struggling.

Go back to the drawing board bro.

South

"I was called by my consultant and told to stop taking my medication as it’s an immunity suppressant and now heard that people with lower immunities are being advised to self isolate for 13 to 16 weeks so dunno what the fuck I’m supposed to do about work and general living.

My daughters drama was cancelled tonight until further notice. No kickboxing either. Supposed to be on holiday next month to Greece for Easter hols but that’s not looking likely either. "

I’m wondering if my son’s kickboxing will be cancelled too. And the swimming.

I'll try one last time.

They are being charged to do so I believe."

The patients aren’t! Not from what I heard. Like others have said this really isn’t about politics. A lot of people who do have private healthcare probably have businesses that are likely to fold! This affects everyone regardless of well off, not well off, red, blue etc!

"I was called by my consultant and told to stop taking my medication as it’s an immunity suppressant and now heard that people with lower immunities are being advised to self isolate for 13 to 16 weeks so dunno what the fuck I’m supposed to do about work and general living.

My daughters drama was cancelled tonight until further notice. No kickboxing either. Supposed to be on holiday next month to Greece for Easter hols but that’s not looking likely either.

"

Most likely yeah. Schools have cancelled trips & school assembly. My son school have opted in for only class assembly. I think they have even introduced inside play..

liverpool

I'll try one last time.

Your point doesn’t make sense. Because countries like China & USA are big players in private healthcare & even they are struggling.

Go back to the drawing board bro. "

Trump tried to buy a possible cure from a German firm yesterday..he wanted to give it to American private healthcare companies.You honestly think if trump did this he would give it away for free?

fail to see your point 'bro".

I'll try one last time.

The patients aren’t! Not from what I heard. Like others have said this really isn’t about politics. A lot of people who do have private healthcare probably have businesses that are likely to fold! This affects everyone regardless of well off, not well off, red, blue etc! "

A lot of people don’t understand this..

liverpool

I'll try one last time.

The patients aren’t! Not from what I heard. Like others have said this really isn’t about politics. A lot of people who do have private healthcare probably have businesses that are likely to fold! This affects everyone regardless of well off, not well off, red, blue etc! "

Where did you think the money is going to come from?

I'll try one last time.

Trump tried to buy a possible cure from a German firm yesterday..he wanted to give it to American private healthcare companies.You honestly think if trump did this he would give it away for free?

"

No way on Earth he would give it away for free.. furthermore I don’t believe other world leaders would allow that to happen.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

abso-bloody-lutely

Hailsham

The same as basic hygiene advice, it's up to everyone to decide whether they follow the advice or not... but demonstrating a little social responsibility is a far bigger measure of a person than whether they wear blue, red, green, yellow or rainbow underwear!!

Exactly this ^^^ I find it rather sad all the blaming ... social responsibility is the key "

This virus cares not about your age, gender, sexual orientation, whether you're vegetarian, vegan, meat eating or whether you take nutrients from the air via osmosis. The only thing that matters is that you're human, warm blooded and have a physical environment in which it can spread ... the very nature of viruses ...

So it just takes everyone to behave in an appropriate manner for the situation

Yes ... it's going to cause a shit load of disruption, but that is necessary to stem the spread .. it will pass .. life will return to a level of normality, and people can get back to picking on whichever political public enemy is about ar that time ... more's the pity

liverpool

I'll try one last time.

No way on Earth he would give it away for free.. furthermore I don’t believe other world leaders would allow that to happen."

Google trump German company.

He tried to pay them off over the weekend.

And doesnt not given it away for free sort of prove my point?

I'll try one last time.

No way on Earth he would give it away for free.. furthermore I don’t believe other world leaders would allow that to happen.

Google trump German company.

He tried to pay them off over the weekend.

And doesnt not given it away for free sort of prove my point?"

No bro because it’s trump. That man literally only cares about money, he could be dying and money would still be all his care.. but my friend that is still not the point, I understand what you are saying but it holds no weight at this specific moment.

Please tell us your expert opinion??

Whats stopping you for applying for a Visa to another country? Did brexit take away your ability to fill out a form?

Exactly as a previous poster said. He could pull a vaccine out of his arse now and you would complain about where it came from.

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

That’s is frightening in itself, makes you wonder what else they are not telling the general public, especially when they release documents to a private news paper.

Hailsham

The more important thing here...

France and Germany are closing public venues ... and I hear Denmark are closing their borders... a major exporter of butter and bacon!!!

Wake up peoples!!!

This is serious!!!

liverpool

"He looks very worried.

That’s is frightening in itself, makes you wonder what else they are not telling the general public, especially when they release documents to a private news paper."

What docs?

I'll try one last time.

The patients aren’t! Not from what I heard. Like others have said this really isn’t about politics. A lot of people who do have private healthcare probably have businesses that are likely to fold! This affects everyone regardless of well off, not well off, red, blue etc!

Where did you think the money is going to come from?

"

Where the fuck is any money gonna come from in the future! Take it from my taxes if it’ll save a life! Chances are nobody will be living like they’re used to living in the foreseeable future. Everyone should concentrate on the issue in hand right now coz theres fuck all any of us can do about it rich or poor!

london

Was on the mentioned radio LBC Must have been Friday, to do with the current situation, comments were why was the news not released to the general news papers

liverpool

"Was on the mentioned radio LBC Must have been Friday, to do with the current situation, comments were why was the news not released to the general news papers "

Think they probably know more than what's being said.

By *avenTinaCouple  over a year ago

Southport

"Anyone seen the latest news right now? They're issuing new measures, telling people not to go to pubs clubs and restaurants. Cerfews, the lot it seems. what are the curfews op? "
you don't like him then?

london

"Was on the mentioned radio LBC Must have been Friday, to do with the current situation, comments were why was the news not released to the general news papers

Think they probably know more than what's being said."

Definitely, tell you what they want you to know and not what you need to hear.

Hailsham

"Was on the mentioned radio LBC Must have been Friday, to do with the current situation, comments were why was the news not released to the general news papers

Definitely, tell you what they want you to know and not what you need to hear."

Otherwise panic and anarchy breaks out and people just think of themselves and hoard... wait... oh

Whats stopping you for applying for a Visa to another country? Did brexit take away your ability to fill out a form?

Exactly as a previous poster said. He could pull a vaccine out of his arse now and you would complain about where it came from."

What’s Cov19 got to do with the country being shit? Mate you need to take a seat.

london

Definitely, tell you what they want you to know and not what you need to hear.

Otherwise panic and anarchy breaks out and people just think of themselves and hoard... wait... oh"

Think we are already at a certain stage of panic with some of the population, however there are some really true spirited people around helping out the vulnerable.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

I think you are way out of order with that rather stupid comment

liverpool

Friend just told me their mates family flew in from Italy and were not even screened.

Thats fucking insane.

"Friend just told me their mates family flew in from Italy and were not even screened.

Thats fucking insane."

A work colleague flew in from Thailand on saturday and wasn't screened either.

liverpool

"Friend just told me their mates family flew in from Italy and were not even screened.

Thats fucking insane.

A work colleague flew in from Thailand on saturday and wasn't screened either."

It defies belief.Isnt that the 1st thing we should be doing?

Still boris is doing all he can.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"The man is a fucking joke, hope all those who voted him in to power are happy with their choice. I wouldn’t trust him to run a bath, he’s probably thinking he can cull the working class with the epidemic. I think you are way out of order with that rather stupid comment "

Why? It will most certainly have crossed their minds and been a factor in decision making about this whole thing. That is what governments and businesses do, try to find how they can best make use of a situation. And this virus is certainly an opportunity to work in their favour in some areas as much as it is causing issues in others.

Its the cold hard truth of making the big decisions on the scale that a pm has to deal with.

It may not be the goal they are aiming for by you are naive to thing it would not have been mentioned in one of their meetings.

Thats fucking insane.

Still boris is doing all he can."

Yes. I agree that should be being done and it’s not

Thats fucking insane.

Still boris is doing all he can."

I wouldnt want his job at the moment

But looking at other countries responses I cant help but feel that we are fumbling the ball a little on this, but only time will tell, our government's tactics may work out and if they do then they will have cushioned the blow to the economy, while other countries who have locked down may suffer financially for longer.

Either way I dont think there is right or wrong with this, it's more trail and error.

liverpool

"The man is a fucking joke, hope all those who voted him in to power are happy with their choice. I wouldn’t trust him to run a bath, he’s probably thinking he can cull the working class with the epidemic. I think you are way out of order with that rather stupid comment

Why? It will most certainly have crossed their minds and been a factor in decision making about this whole thing. That is what governments and businesses do, try to find how they can best make use of a situation. And this virus is certainly an opportunity to work in their favour in some areas as much as it is causing issues in others.

Its the cold hard truth of making the big decisions on the scale that a pm has to deal with.

It may not be the goal they are aiming for by you are naive to thing it would not have been mentioned in one of their meetings. "

I'd like to think I was quite cynical but not doing anything to stop a generation being wiped out is a bit too far for me.

Especially as it's the Tory demographic.

However I woupdnt be surprised if certain individuals saw an upside to it.

liverpool

Thats fucking insane.

I wouldnt want his job at the moment

But looking at other countries responses I cant help but feel that we are fumbling the ball a little on this, but only time will tell, our government's tactics may work out and if they do then they will have cushioned the blow to the economy, while other countries who have locked down may suffer financially for longer.

Either way I dont think there is right or wrong with this, it's more trail and error."

Other countries seem to containing it quite successfully.

Our 'herd immune 'policy seems to be very,very risky.

Like you said time will tell.

london

Thats fucking insane.

Yes. I agree that should be being done and it’s not "

So much for border control

By *mberWoman  over a year ago

Preston

Teachers....go to work and mingle with 1000s of children each day.

BUT do not go to Costa with a friend!

Pick one or the other, isolate or don't you can't half do it.

liverpool

Thats fucking insane.

Yes. I agree that should be being done and it’s not

So much for border control "

It honestly defies reason

It's like they want it to spread

"

I was working yesterday in my casual job the leisure centre and gym and all kids lessons were on. They said the chlorine in the pool is sufficient to kill all bacteria and germs and they’re doing half hour cleans of all door handles and all equipment in the gym.

We didn’t have any plans to close this week but just following the guidance which is updated daily.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's tragic that this pandemic has arrived whilst he's in power.

Last week trying to do the opposite of every other country and at odds with the World Health Organisation, wanting most people not to be tested and to fight it by achieving most people getting infected, for an unproven herd immunity (usually achieved from immunisations).

He's potentially worse than Shipman.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Last week trying to do the opposite of every other country and at odds with the World Health Organisation, wanting most people not to be tested and to fight it by achieving most people getting infected, for an unproven herd immunity (usually achieved from immunisations).

He's potentially worse than Shipman. "

You still don’t understand that it’s not actually the PM that is making the decisions ...

You constantly fail to acknowledge the role of the scientists with vast amounts of experience and skill ... these are the people who know what they are doing

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Wake Up Peoples

This is serious !

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Unless he can provide financial support to the hospitality industry they’ll stay open. Stock will need to be thrown out, staff rely on tips, rent still needs to be paid, etc

The entertainment industry is the same. Shows cancelled, who pays the venues, performers, technicians, etc.

Chelmsford

Hate is such a strong word..I think he has been statesmanlike ..

I admire him immensely

liverpool

You still don’t understand that it’s not actually the PM that is making the decisions ...

You constantly fail to acknowledge the role of the scientists with vast amounts of experience and skill ... these are the people who know what they are doing

"

The scientists give him advice.

The pm or his advisers decide what to do.

And lots of scientists think we are making a mistake.

"

Exactly. The same people who’d be standing beside and advising any PM! It’s just too much hard work with some people. Best to just to give up.

Chelmsford

We should all be fucking worried..

I am

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

The scientists give him advice.

The pm or his advisers decide what to do.

And lots of scientists think we are making a mistake."

97%

Chelmsford

I would be more understanding if at least his government has screened the people arriving from Madrid last week for the CL game in Liverpool, 3000 people wandering about from a city that even then had a lot of cases of the virus..

We seem to be lacking a definitive policy, all seems too wishy washy when the evidence thus far shows that what China, Singapore and South Korea have done has had positive results..

"

Not you again

Chelmsford

"When for over 40 years you run an economy based on the need of all m_mbers of a family unit able to, to go out to work, shatter social cohesion through demanding that the elderly and infirm are placed in places of "care" and enabling the breakdown of the family unit by said policy of "encouraging" all m_mbers of a household to work (due to rampant house prices/rents and the actual NEED for all household m_mbers work) then this is what you get.

"lock down the country"

"we can't"

"why not?"

"because we don't have the strong social/familial cohesion that European nations have"

"why not?"

"we shattered it by putting everybody out to work meaning that the elderly and young were looked after as an industry (thus creating more work)"

"but what does that mean?"

"if we lock down the country, the economy is fucked, people need to work to live in our society"

"but loads of people don't work at all"

"Live or exist?"

Please note that this is just a little rant, I live alone. I have wine, pasta, toilet rolls, and some squidgy soap, but I care about you all, well some of you.....

"

That's feminism for you.. real or invented

"Unless he can provide financial support to the hospitality industry they’ll stay open. Stock will need to be thrown out, staff rely on tips, rent still needs to be paid, etc

The entertainment industry is the same. Shows cancelled, who pays the venues, performers, technicians, etc. "

Yet he’s advising people to stay away! Causing dramatic loss to the entertainment industry, without having to compensate. If he feels so strongly why not close all bars restaurants etc.

If all after school classes are being cancelled like they have been today with drama and kickboxing, the advice from the cobra meeting today which is to avoid pubs and anywhere where there’s large crowds and gatherings yet our children are still going to school and coming home, my kids picked up numerous bugs from school over the year’s, tummy bugs, colds, coughs etc.

I look after someone that has multiple sclerosis I dunno if that’s classed as one of the underlying health issues that needs extra care.

What I’m saying is, if they’re advising us to stay away from places, why are the schools still open?

Come on then, give us your ideas on how to deal with this virus then?

For those saying that the government arent doing enough, let's take a quick look at the figures from the rest of europe.

Spain 288 deaths - in lockdown

Italy 368 deaths - in lockdown

France 120 deaths - not in lockdown but restrictive measures in place

UK 55 deaths - not in lockdown, restrictive measures advised.

Sadly this tells me that there is a death toll threshold before a government (ours or others) will take the decision to forcibly lockdown its citizens.

Stats taken from https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-51901976

I adjusted the UK figure accordingly to the 6 o'clock news.

Well I know why they’re still open cos all the people that rely on their child going to school so they can work during the day would have to be home with no child care. I can’t send her to my Nan or grampa cos they’re older and more at risk.

"If all after school classes are being cancelled like they have been today with drama and kickboxing, the advice from the cobra meeting today which is to avoid pubs and anywhere where there’s large crowds and gatherings yet our children are still going to school and coming home, my kids picked up numerous bugs from school over the year’s, tummy bugs, colds, coughs etc.

I look after someone that has multiple sclerosis I dunno if that’s classed as one of the underlying health issues that needs extra care.

What I’m saying is, if they’re advising us to stay away from places, why are the schools still open?"

Completely agree. And why are concerts still ongoing, in Liverpool the M&S arena still open. MONEY!!!

"If all after school classes are being cancelled like they have been today with drama and kickboxing, the advice from the cobra meeting today which is to avoid pubs and anywhere where there’s large crowds and gatherings yet our children are still going to school and coming home, my kids picked up numerous bugs from school over the year’s, tummy bugs, colds, coughs etc.

What I’m saying is, if they’re advising us to stay away from places, why are the schools still open?

Completely agree. And why are concerts still ongoing, in Liverpool the M&S arena still open. MONEY!!!"

Stereophonics concert went ahead on the weekend yet they cancelled the Wales Scotland game

The advice is poor and the modelling inaccurate. Last week we were told that the cases would double every 4 days, that's way off and will probably be every 3 days tomorrow and that's only after one week.

I'm sorry but he is head of government and their policy is looking more shaky everyday. They are flying in the face of most scientific opinion on how to contain the virus and limit deaths. There should be no "understanding" only accountability.

"Well I know why they’re still open cos all the people that rely on their child going to school so they can work during the day would have to be home with no child care. I can’t send her to my Nan or grampa cos they’re older and more at risk. "

Exactly and a lot of those parents will be healthcare workers/social care etc. I think it’s the right thing to do at the moment.

Chelmsford

"The more important thing here...

France and Germany are closing public venues ... and I hear Denmark are closing their borders... a major exporter of butter and bacon!!!

Wake up peoples!!!

This is serious!!! "

Please stop copying my catchphrase

here

Completely agree. And why are concerts still ongoing, in Liverpool the M&S arena still open. MONEY!!!

Stereophonics concert went ahead on the weekend yet they cancelled the Wales Scotland game "

Exactly!

What a fuckkng disgrace

"Well I know why they’re still open cos all the people that rely on their child going to school so they can work during the day would have to be home with no child care. I can’t send her to my Nan or grampa cos they’re older and more at risk. "

Why did you ask then

Nice tits by the way

Chelmsford

"The man is a fucking joke, hope all those who voted him in to power are happy with their choice. I wouldn’t trust him to run a bath, he’s probably thinking he can cull the working class with the epidemic. I think you are way out of order with that rather stupid comment

It may not be the goal they are aiming for by you are naive to thing it would not have been mentioned in one of their meetings.

I'd like to think I was quite cynical but not doing anything to stop a generation being wiped out is a bit too far for me.

Especially as it's the Tory demographic.

However I woupdnt be surprised if certain individuals saw an upside to it."

Could be worse. Could be a Labour demographic

cheshire

"

UK 55 deaths - not in

Sadly this tells me that there is a death toll threshold before a government (ours or others) will take the decision to forcibly lockdown its citizens. "

Philippines 12 deaths - in lockdown

Unless you're talking just about Europe ?

Locking down a country cannot be an easy decision, people would complaining vehemently if they had

liverpool

Rather than slagging him off everyone should be a bit more understanding.,

The advice is poor and the modelling inaccurate. Last week we were told that the cases would double every 4 days, that's way off and will probably be every 3 days tomorrow and that's only after one week.

I'm sorry but he is head of government and their policy is looking more shaky everyday. They are flying in the face of most scientific opinion on how to contain the virus and limit deaths. There should be no "understanding" only accountability."

Proof is going to be in the pudding isnt it?

We seem to be flying our own path when countries like Singapore are actually fighting it and other countries dont seem to have been affected as much.

Be interesting to see who he throws under the bus if this approach doesnt work.

Shame he doesn't have a moronic catchphrase he can repeat over and over again.

I'm sorry but he is head of government and their policy is looking more shaky everyday. They are flying in the face of most scientific opinion on how to contain the virus and limit deaths. There should be no "understanding" only accountability.

We seem to be flying our own path when countries like Singapore are actually fighting it and other countries dont seem to have been affected as much.

Shame he doesn't have a moronic catchphrase he can repeat over and over again."

It certainly won't be " let's get it done"

liverpool

"

UK 55 deaths - not in

Sadly this tells me that there is a death toll threshold before a government (ours or others) will take the decision to forcibly lockdown its citizens.

Locking down a country cannot be an easy decision, people would complaining vehemently if they had

"

Arent the Philippines testing everyone who enters the country?

liverpool

Shame he doesn't have a moronic catchphrase he can repeat over and over again.

It certainly won't be " let's get it done""

Well it worked on idiots last time.

cheshire

"

UK 55 deaths - not in

Arent the Philippines testing everyone who enters the country?"

It's in lockdown now, no international or domestic flights and curfews.

This is from a medical professional personally known to me, and not involved with government . I trust his judgement. Take it as you will;

I am trained as an epidemiologist and a communicable disease physician. I have also worked in predictive modelling in healthcare and in international health systems development. I am not, however, claiming to be an expert, but I would like to make an few observations...

1... it is unwise to draw parallels from one country to another. Many factors will be different from place to place, population age structure, population density, breadth of healthcare coverage, reliability and breadth of testing facilities, reliability and breadth of contact tracing capability, stage of spread when control measures were first introduced, population mobility, and many other things.

2... epidemic curves are a base case estimate and bear little comparison with real world spread. The more a disease spreads, the less reliable they become and the more complex a situation is, the less predictive they will be.

3... In the UK, the actual experts on this sort of thing are known as "Consultants in Communicable Disease Control". In other countries there are different arrangements. While others, such as intensive care specialists, microbiologists, virologist, mathematicians, journalists, acute physicians, behavioural psychologists have a contribution to make, they are not experts on disease spread in the community and should not be regarded (or present themselves) as such

4... Almost everything that I have seen on social media is misleading and inaccurate. Some of it is extremely dangerous. If you want high quality information, you can get it from the health ministry, public health authority or health system of the country you are in. If you don't want to rely solely on government information, look at the official statements from reputable health orientated universities and departments. London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Johns Hopkins and the TH Chan School of Public Health at Harvard are a good place to start. The World Health Organisation has good information, but it has to work in a range of very different countries and so may not be the most practically useful for a particular country.

5... we are not testing everybody in the world, so we can't reliably measure death rates. A simple totting up of the numbers will be a massive overestimate. In addition to this, the way people are tested varies massively from place to place. A low number of cases could mean not much disease or not enough testing.

6... There are only two meaningful strategies for managing an emerging infection. The first is containment, where you isolate cases and trace and test their contacts. If spread within a community becomes too great, this strategy becomes ineffective. The second strategy is herd immunity. The basis of this is that when a certain proportion of people have become immune to an infection, it can no longer spread and so people who are not immune are protected. This is why we vaccinate children. Part of a herd immunity strategy is to protect people at particular risk of harm until lots of low risk people are immune, so the disease can't spread to the vulnerable. A herd immunity strategy is not about culling the vulnerable, it is about protecting the vulnerable. This is a new infection and we are learning about it and our immune responses over time. Strategies will change and develop as knowledge grows

7... in many outbreaks, more people die (usually of things like heart attacks and strokes) because they can't get access to healthcare than die of the infection itself. It is extremely important to make sure that health services are not overwhelmed so that people can get the help they need.

8... there are three key ways we can protect health services. Firstly we need to ensure that, if we don't need to seek healthcare we stay away. Secondly, we "flatten the curve" to stretch out the number of people getting the infection over a longer time period, so they don't all arrive at hospital at the same time. Finally we need to ensure that we have enough people to staff our health and care services. If people can't get childcare, they may not be able to work, so we must be very cautious about closing schools etc.

9... nothing is simple and every action will have risks of negative consequences that we may not initially be aware of, so if something that is obvious to you is not happening, it doesn't necessarily mean that others are stupid or wicked, it is more likely that you are missing part of the picture...

10... social isolation can do a great deal of harm to people, particularly older people and the more vulnerable. As containment and delay measures increase it will be really important that our friends, families and neighbours are supported. If we all check in on those around us, no one will suffer unnecessarily. Now is a good time to start sharing phone numbers.

11... wash your hands

"

UK 55 deaths - not in

"

I only looked at the countries that other people (not necessarily just on this thread) keep comparing our response to. I agree the decision to essentially shut up shop is not an easy one, but I do think it's inevitable, once the UK's accepted threshold is surpassed, with any war, pandemics or anything extreme that kills theres always an "acceptable losses" figure, I know its brutal to think like that but sadly that's the way of the world, I do wonder what the uk threshold is though before they have no choice but to go into lockdown.

liverpool

"This is from a medical professional personally known to me, and not involved with government . I trust his judgement. Take it as you will;

I am trained as an epidemiologist and a communicable disease physician. I have also worked in predictive modelling in healthcare and in international health systems development. I am not, however, claiming to be an expert, but I would like to make an few observations...

1... it is unwise to draw parallels from one country to another. Many factors will be different from place to place, population age structure, population density, breadth of healthcare coverage, reliability and breadth of testing facilities, reliability and breadth of contact tracing capability, stage of spread when control measures were first introduced, population mobility, and many other things.

2... epidemic curves are a base case estimate and bear little comparison with real world spread. The more a disease spreads, the less reliable they become and the more complex a situation is, the less predictive they will be.

3... In the UK, the actual experts on this sort of thing are known as "Consultants in Communicable Disease Control". In other countries there are different arrangements. While others, such as intensive care specialists, microbiologists, virologist, mathematicians, journalists, acute physicians, behavioural psychologists have a contribution to make, they are not experts on disease spread in the community and should not be regarded (or present themselves) as such

4... Almost everything that I have seen on social media is misleading and inaccurate. Some of it is extremely dangerous. If you want high quality information, you can get it from the health ministry, public health authority or health system of the country you are in. If you don't want to rely solely on government information, look at the official statements from reputable health orientated universities and departments. London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Johns Hopkins and the TH Chan School of Public Health at Harvard are a good place to start. The World Health Organisation has good information, but it has to work in a range of very different countries and so may not be the most practically useful for a particular country.

5... we are not testing everybody in the world, so we can't reliably measure death rates. A simple totting up of the numbers will be a massive overestimate. In addition to this, the way people are tested varies massively from place to place. A low number of cases could mean not much disease or not enough testing.

6... There are only two meaningful strategies for managing an emerging infection. The first is containment, where you isolate cases and trace and test their contacts. If spread within a community becomes too great, this strategy becomes ineffective. The second strategy is herd immunity. The basis of this is that when a certain proportion of people have become immune to an infection, it can no longer spread and so people who are not immune are protected. This is why we vaccinate children. Part of a herd immunity strategy is to protect people at particular risk of harm until lots of low risk people are immune, so the disease can't spread to the vulnerable. A herd immunity strategy is not about culling the vulnerable, it is about protecting the vulnerable. This is a new infection and we are learning about it and our immune responses over time. Strategies will change and develop as knowledge grows

7... in many outbreaks, more people die (usually of things like heart attacks and strokes) because they can't get access to healthcare than die of the infection itself. It is extremely important to make sure that health services are not overwhelmed so that people can get the help they need.

8... there are three key ways we can protect health services. Firstly we need to ensure that, if we don't need to seek healthcare we stay away. Secondly, we "flatten the curve" to stretch out the number of people getting the infection over a longer time period, so they don't all arrive at hospital at the same time. Finally we need to ensure that we have enough people to staff our health and care services. If people can't get childcare, they may not be able to work, so we must be very cautious about closing schools etc.

9... nothing is simple and every action will have risks of negative consequences that we may not initially be aware of, so if something that is obvious to you is not happening, it doesn't necessarily mean that others are stupid or wicked, it is more likely that you are missing part of the picture...

10... social isolation can do a great deal of harm to people, particularly older people and the more vulnerable. As containment and delay measures increase it will be really important that our friends, families and neighbours are supported. If we all check in on those around us, no one will suffer unnecessarily. Now is a good time to start sharing phone numbers.

11... wash your hands"

Dont really get no 1.

Germany for example seem to be coping very well.

Wouldnt it be wise to look at a country who seem to be coping and follow their strategy.

I understand each county is different but we Do seem to be out on our own

As mentioned above testing people who enter the country.

This to me would be no 1 priority and even the Americans are doing it now.

here

"This is from a medical professional personally known to me, and not involved with government . I trust his judgement. Take it as you will;

11... wash your hands"

Excellent post

I went to shake someone's hand in the bank today and he said

"noo we're not allowed to do that anymore"

"I went to shake someone's hand in the bank today and he said

"noo we're not allowed to do that anymore" "

I did that when I picked up my new car! It’s just automatic. Really weird not doing it lol

North Bucks

11... wash your hands"

Chelmsford

11... wash your hands

Excellent post "

Not you again

"I went to shake someone's hand in the bank today and he said

"noo we're not allowed to do that anymore"

I did that when I picked up my new car! It’s just automatic. Really weird not doing it lol "

I went to the hospital today, and the consultant I was seeing shook my hand and instantly said '' Ohhhh I keep forgetting I can't do that - care for some sanitiser?'' lol

By *oupleseekingCouple  over a year ago

nearby…..

Ladies and gentlemen of the class of '97

Wear sunscreen

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it

A long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists

Whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable

Than my own meandering experience, I will dispense this advice now

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth, oh, never mind

You will not understand the power and beauty of your youth

Until they've faded, but trust me, in 20 years, you'll look back

At photos of yourself and recall in a way you can't grasp now

How much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked

You are not as fat as you imagine

Don't worry about the future

Or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing Bubble gum

The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind

The kind that blindsides you at 4 p.m. On some idle Tuesday

Do one thing every day that scares you

Saying, don't be reckless with other people's hearts

Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours

Floss

Don't waste your time on jealousy

Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind

The race is long and in the end, it's only with yourself

Rem_mber compliments you receive, forget the insults, if you succeed in doing this, tell me how

Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank statements

Stretch

Don't feel guilty if you don't know what you want to do with your life.

The most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives

Some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don't

Get plenty of calcium

Be kind to your knees

You'll miss them when they're gone

Maybe you'll marry, maybe you won't

Maybe you'll have children, maybe you won't

Maybe you'll divorce at 40, maybe you'll dance the 'Funky Chicken'

On your 75th wedding anniversary

Whatever you do, don't congratulate yourself too much

Or berate yourself either

Your choices are half chance, so are everybody else's

Enjoy your body, use it every way you can

Don't be afraid of it or what other people think of it

It's the greatest instrument you'll ever own

Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your own living room

Read the directions even if you don't follow them

Do not read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly

Brother and sister together we'll make it through

Some day a spirit will take you and guide you there

I know you've been hurting but I've been waiting to be there for you

And I'll be there just helping you out whenever I can

Get to know your parents, you never know when they'll be gone for good

Be nice to your siblings, they're your best link to your past

And the people most likely to stick with you in the future

Understand that friends come and go

But a precious few, who should hold on

Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle

For as the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young

Live in New York City once but leave before it makes you hard

Live in northern California once but leave before it makes you soft

Travel

Accept certain inalienable truths

Prices will rise, politicians will philander, you too, will get old

And when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young

Prices were reasonable, politicians were noble

And children respected their elders

Respect your elders

Don't expect anyone else to support you

Maybe you have a trust fund, maybe you'll have a wealthy spouse

But you never know when either one might run out

Never mess too much with your hair

Or by the time you're 40 it will look 85

Be careful whose advice you buy but be patient with those who supply it

Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past

From the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts

And recycling it for more than it's worth

But trust me on the sunscreen

Everybody see it oh yeah yeah

Everybody see it oh yeah

He want you to feel good!

Hailsham

"Ladies and gentlemen of the class of '97

Wear sunscreen

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it

A long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists

Whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable

Than my own meandering experience, I will dispense this advice now

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth, oh, never mind

You will not understand the power and beauty of your youth

Until they've faded, but trust me, in 20 years, you'll look back

At photos of yourself and recall in a way you can't grasp now

How much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked

You are not as fat as you imagine

Don't worry about the future

Or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing Bubble gum

The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind

The kind that blindsides you at 4 p.m. On some idle Tuesday

Do one thing every day that scares you

Saying, don't be reckless with other people's hearts

Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours

Floss

Don't waste your time on jealousy

Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind

The race is long and in the end, it's only with yourself

Rem_mber compliments you receive, forget the insults, if you succeed in doing this, tell me how

Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank statements

Stretch

Don't feel guilty if you don't know what you want to do with your life.

The most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives

Some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don't

Get plenty of calcium

Be kind to your knees

You'll miss them when they're gone

Maybe you'll marry, maybe you won't

Maybe you'll have children, maybe you won't

Maybe you'll divorce at 40, maybe you'll dance the 'Funky Chicken'

On your 75th wedding anniversary

Whatever you do, don't congratulate yourself too much

Or berate yourself either

Your choices are half chance, so are everybody else's

Enjoy your body, use it every way you can

Don't be afraid of it or what other people think of it

It's the greatest instrument you'll ever own

Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your own living room

Read the directions even if you don't follow them

Do not read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly

Get to know your parents, you never know when they'll be gone for good

Be nice to your siblings, they're your best link to your past

And the people most likely to stick with you in the future

Understand that friends come and go

But a precious few, who should hold on

Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle

For as the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young

Live in New York City once but leave before it makes you hard

Live in northern California once but leave before it makes you soft

Travel

Accept certain inalienable truths

Prices will rise, politicians will philander, you too, will get old

And when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young

Prices were reasonable, politicians were noble

And children respected their elders

Respect your elders

Don't expect anyone else to support you

Maybe you have a trust fund, maybe you'll have a wealthy spouse

But you never know when either one might run out

Never mess too much with your hair

Or by the time you're 40 it will look 85

Be careful whose advice you buy but be patient with those who supply it

Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past

From the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts

And recycling it for more than it's worth

But trust me on the sunscreen

Everybody see it oh yeah yeah

Everybody see it oh yeah

He want you to feel good!

"

He he .. love it

11... wash your hands"

I agree with all of this. Italy and Spain are a big family country most family’s live in a household of 5-10. They look after their old they don’t have care homes. Most of their elderly are living with younger family m_mbers hence why their was a big rate in contraction.

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Wash your hands

It’s only 3 fucking words

How hard can it be?

"Wash your hands

How hard can it be?"

Are you that naive? You think hand washing is enough?

liverpool

"Wash your hands

How hard can it be?

Are you that naive? You think hand washing is enough?"

Dont you trust boris??

"Wash your hands

How hard can it be?

Dont you trust boris?? "

Hand washing is only a small part of protecting yourself and others

"Wash your hands

How hard can it be?

Dont you trust boris?? "

It’s not about trust! Hand washing is just a measure as is hygiene.

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

"Wash your hands

How hard can it be?

Are you that naive? You think hand washing is enough?"

Don’t you know anything ?. Recent case studies show that a spouse who has it, and one that hasn’t can both self isolate in the same INDOOR house without spreading it as long as they religiously wash their hands and wipe down all surfaces . The majority of cases are spread from hands : surfaces than from breath etc. So wash your hands regularly. Duh. Got it ?. Didn’t think so . Let’s blame the govt for acting too late/ too early / closing this / not closing that whilst we all ignore the simple 3 words and say it’s naive to follow that VERY simple instruction. Jeez

liverpool

"Wash your hands

How hard can it be?

Don’t you know anything ?. Recent case studies show that a spouse who has it, and one that hasn’t can both self isolate in the same INDOOR house without spreading it as long as they religiously wash their hands and wipe down all surfaces . The majority of cases are spread from hands : surfaces than from breath etc. So wash your hands regularly. Duh. Got it ?. Didn’t think so . Let’s blame the govt for acting too late/ too early / closing this / not closing that whilst we all ignore the simple 3 words and say it’s naive to follow that VERY simple instruction. Jeez"

Exactly..the gmnt should have no responsibility whatsoever.

After all they only govern the country.

By *ylvie 888Woman  over a year ago

Cleethorpes

If Jeremy Corbyn had got in.. he would likely be self isolating for 4 months with the other over 70's!

liverpool

"If Jeremy Corbyn had got in.. he would likely be self isolating for 4 months with the other over 70's! "

Aye.feel much safer with a lying dishonest egotist.

Central

"

Ultimately he's taking decisions, as well as those with public health responsibilities interpreting the availabile evidence, as I do.

This is a novel disease, with limited history and research data, that largely doesn't suggest that the approach for herd immunity and countries not pursuing a coordinated global approach is the right strategy. Johnson has other plans and his own agenda, seemingly with minimal interests in the wellbeing of anyone but himself.

Ultimately he's taking decisions, as well as those with public health responsibilities interpreting the availabile evidence, as I do.

This is a novel disease, with limited history and research data, that largely doesn't suggest that the approach for herd immunity and countries not pursuing a coordinated global approach is the right strategy. Johnson has other plans and his own agenda, seemingly with minimal interests in the wellbeing of anyone but himself. "

Snorebitz zzzzz

Central

"Wash your hands

How hard can it be?

Don’t you know anything ?. Recent case studies show that a spouse who has it, and one that hasn’t can both self isolate in the same INDOOR house without spreading it as long as they religiously wash their hands and wipe down all surfaces . The majority of cases are spread from hands : surfaces than from breath etc. So wash your hands regularly. Duh. Got it ?. Didn’t think so . Let’s blame the govt for acting too late/ too early / closing this / not closing that whilst we all ignore the simple 3 words and say it’s naive to follow that VERY simple instruction. Jeez"

Considering running the WHO? Jeez