FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Message Ghosting

Message Ghosting

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anybody ever been chatting to someone on, having a bit of back and forth messages and then all of a sudden out of nowhere they just read your messages with no reply?

I don’t get the whole thing, if I’ve done something tell me. Or say you’re no longer interested

Absolutely baffled here

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My TG friends get this all the time, usually married men or online fantasists wanting a fix for that evening then they never hear from them again.. That's why checking a profile over before replying is important I think as there's a lot of these types around I think ://

By *mallaboutthefunMan  over a year ago

Warrington

Yep all the time strange people

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

It happens...even with people you chat to regularly - sometimes life happens, sometimes what you may consider worthy of a reply, they don't - no point trying to second guess it or fret over it, is just one of those things - if it is meant to go further it will.

It's not always necessarily deliberate "ghosting" either

"My TG friends get this all the time, usually married men or online fantasists wanting a fix for that evening then they never hear from them again.. That's why checking a profile over before replying is important I think as there's a lot of these types around I think :// "

Everything checked out though and they seemed legit but couple of messages in and boom ghosted! So annoying

"It happens...even with people you chat to regularly - sometimes life happens, sometimes what you may consider worthy of a reply, they don't - no point trying to second guess it or fret over it, is just one of those things - if it is meant to go further it will.

It's not always necessarily deliberate "ghosting" either"

Yeah sometimes it’s not but when you’re having the initial ‘first conversation’ i.e trying to get to know each other

By *vilgasamWoman  over a year ago

The dot in the i

Honestly I know you’re all gonna hate me but I do this, if I’m talking on here and get pulled away but also if I’m being too bombarded I just won’t reply if I lose interest in someone, maybe that’s bad manners but when there are just too many it’s not always possible and I did make sure to put a note on my profile to be fair but yeah, I’m one of those sorry

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"It happens...even with people you chat to regularly - sometimes life happens, sometimes what you may consider worthy of a reply, they don't - no point trying to second guess it or fret over it, is just one of those things - if it is meant to go further it will.

Yeah sometimes it’s not but when you’re having the initial ‘first conversation’ i.e trying to get to know each other "

In those instances I just assume, and accept, they're not interested in taking the conversation further

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yeah, it happens to us. We just take it that they aren't interested for one reason or another.

Very strange.. Maybe they get a lot of messages and decided to swap attentiion to another person, it is a swinging site after all, people will chop and change, but it could be a million reasons, I'm just thinking of a obvious thing.. Plenty of people to choose from though

"My TG friends get this all the time, usually married men or online fantasists wanting a fix for that evening then they never hear from them again.. That's why checking a profile over before replying is important I think as there's a lot of these types around I think ://

Everything checked out though and they seemed legit but couple of messages in and boom ghosted! So annoying "

By *ent_couple2019Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

"Honestly I know you’re all gonna hate me but I do this, if I’m talking on here and get pulled away but also if I’m being too bombarded I just won’t reply if I lose interest in someone, maybe that’s bad manners but when there are just too many it’s not always possible and I did make sure to put a note on my profile to be fair but yeah, I’m one of those sorry "

We are guilty of this to, you are not alone.

By *ulahlollipopWoman  over a year ago

Reading/London

"Honestly I know you’re all gonna hate me but I do this, if I’m talking on here and get pulled away but also if I’m being too bombarded I just won’t reply if I lose interest in someone, maybe that’s bad manners but when there are just too many it’s not always possible and I did make sure to put a note on my profile to be fair but yeah, I’m one of those sorry "

Same here- just get overwhelmed with all the messages and tap out after a while

If you had something on your profile that fair enough but to just be chatting with pretty quick responses to ignoring a message for more than a couple hours becomes annoying

Yeah sometimes it’s not but when you’re having the initial ‘first conversation’ i.e trying to get to know each other

In those instances I just assume, and accept, they're not interested in taking the conversation further "

All you can do isn’t it

I understand people get bombarded with messages and I just don’t see that side... difference in being a man on here

Guess I’ll just try my luck elsewhere and leave them to it.

Thanks for the advice though, found it really useful

"Honestly I know you’re all gonna hate me but I do this, if I’m talking on here and get pulled away but also if I’m being too bombarded I just won’t reply if I lose interest in someone, maybe that’s bad manners but when there are just too many it’s not always possible and I did make sure to put a note on my profile to be fair but yeah, I’m one of those sorry

If you had something on your profile that fair enough but to just be chatting with pretty quick responses to ignoring a message for more than a couple hours becomes annoying "

Maybe they're having a shit of epic proportion, then ran out of bog roll after the 30th wipe, so now they're doing the waddle to the first hundred shops they can get to coz none of them have any bastard bog roll left.

Maybe their auntie popped in unexpectedly and they left the browser open on their phone.

Maybe they fell asleep with their phone in their hand.

Maybe they just got tired.

Maybe they got a call saying there was an emergency

Or maybe they just couldn't be arsed anymore

There are a multitude of reasons, some of them could be they aren't interested anymore others aren't the case.

Just be patient and accept they either will or won't message back, and that you're not their priority in life or block them and don't give them a chance to even if they wanted to.

Your choice.

P

By *ympho6969Woman  over a year ago

glasgow

Had it a few times. Had it after setting up a social which I think it another level of rude. At least have the decency to cancel or reschedule.

Sometimes they just get lost in their mailbox!

If the little blue dot is on their name it’s worth sending a quick “did this get lost in your mailbox” message

"Honestly I know you’re all gonna hate me but I do this, if I’m talking on here and get pulled away but also if I’m being too bombarded I just won’t reply if I lose interest in someone, maybe that’s bad manners but when there are just too many it’s not always possible and I did make sure to put a note on my profile to be fair but yeah, I’m one of those sorry

If you had something on your profile that fair enough but to just be chatting with pretty quick responses to ignoring a message for more than a couple hours becomes annoying

Maybe they're having a shit of epic proportion, then ran out of bog roll after the 30th wipe, so now they're doing the waddle to the first hundred shops they can get to coz none of them have any bastard bog roll left.

Maybe their auntie popped in unexpectedly and they left the browser open on their phone.

Maybe they fell asleep with their phone in their hand.

Maybe they just got tired.

Maybe they got a call saying there was an emergency

Or maybe they just couldn't be arsed anymore

There are a multitude of reasons, some of them could be they aren't interested anymore others aren't the case.

Just be patient and accept they either will or won't message back, and that you're not their priority in life or block them and don't give them a chance to even if they wanted to.

Your choice.

P "

Fair enough haha

"Had it a few times. Had it after setting up a social which I think it another level of rude. At least have the decency to cancel or reschedule. "

Yes, can imagine that to be an absolute pain!

We've had it done to us, and we do it to others. It's down to numerous things such as too many mesages, not compatible after a few mesages, and generally being dragged off on other mesages as someone else has said.

You guys unfortunately sit waiting for mesages and winks, we get inundated with em so for us we're not sat around waiting, a oian for you guys as we can imagine.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Happens to me and vice versa. Usually i do it because of the way they act and what they said puts me off

"Anybody ever been chatting to someone on, having a bit of back and forth messages and then all of a sudden out of nowhere they just read your messages with no reply?

I don’t get the whole thing, if I’ve done something tell me. Or say you’re no longer interested

Absolutely baffled here"

Yes I had this happen, it can make you paranoid I deleted numerous accounts, usually happens after I sent face pic, I tried to find a word to describe what type of people who do this, I found one "ARSEHOLE"

"Anybody ever been chatting to someone on, having a bit of back and forth messages and then all of a sudden out of nowhere they just read your messages with no reply?

Absolutely baffled here"

Had a women do this to us a few days ago. Had no problem talking to my guy friend and was up for talking with me (f) when I messaged the next day no response. Sad really.

Absolutely baffled here

Yes I had this happen, it can make you paranoid I deleted numerous accounts, usually happens after I sent face pic, I tried to find a word to describe what type of people who do this, I found one "ARSEHOLE""

So people are arseholes if they fail to keep messaging? Who are you to call people that?

» Add a new message to this topic