FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Are some people over reacting?

Are some people over reacting?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I sneezed in Tesco today and four people turned around.. I felt like I was on the voice.

#coronavirus

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Cashiers no longer hand me my change. They either drop it down into my hand, or place it on the counter. Earlier today I saw a few people go into the post office by using their elbows to press the button that opens the automatic door. When I went to the local chippy the girl who took my order stood further away from the counter. Can't tell if people are just being cautious or is paranoia taking over?

People are overreacting as they do with everything

100% doesn’t deserve the attention society is giving to it.

"100% doesn’t deserve the attention society is giving to it. "
exactly this

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

Why?

I think it weird right. It can be dangerous for people around u like if u have a baby in ur life or for people that have elderly. Plus if u have underlying issues it can also cause a problem. However for the general population it's just a n illness and will go away in 2 weeks. But some people have taken it to the extreme by buying way to many products.

I personally believe it’s scaremongering. I’m not saying the virus isn’t real or it’s some crazy scheme created by the government.

I just don’t believe it requires this much attention, especially from the media. Just inform people on how to be safe etc.

I think it does to an extend but it's been over done. It should have been dealt with better. Like there is no toilet roles at my shop like wtf. It should have been rationed out if anything

And we used to look at Americans with their dumb bunkers and doomsday prepping. Thinking pfttt losers...

If the news stopped reporting it tomorrow, we would all be back to coughing our guts up without a care in the world.

By *ffinfuntMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Wer all aliens now an forever subconsciously

Yeah but most people will survive like just be sensible about resources

liverpool

Phone even got virus an me laptop least it not a trozion virus wat happend to that

.. I also think people fail to see the financial aspect of this situation.

Stock market moving more volatile, people will be out of work for weeks; has a potential to delay brexit for longer because government officials are not able to conduct face to face meetings. The list literally doesn’t stop.

liverpool

Realy people card for them self’s not others on this cruel world

I mean yeah the whole stock market is crashing u can't deny that, but I think it's like s must for people to just be sensible and if ur ill stay at home

"I personally believe it’s scaremongering. I’m not saying the virus isn’t real or it’s some crazy scheme created by the government.

I just don’t believe it requires this much attention, especially from the media. Just inform people on how to be safe etc."

That's what they are doing, its the media, they tell you what's said and what to do then they fucking interview some cunt that was part of the health organisation, they then give there opinion on what the situation is and before you know it you no longer have a clue what is and what isn't

"And we used to look at Americans with their dumb bunkers and doomsday prepping. Thinking pfttt losers...

If the news stopped reporting it tomorrow, we would all be back to coughing our guts up without a care in the world. "

Exactly, the media controls the narrative & at the moment they are scaremongering because that’s what sells.

liverpool

That bad the society has to go wipe out the shelf’s of super markets for self selfiunous is sad how people react to sush bull shit if you get I’ll deal with it as in normal situations

"I mean yeah the whole stock market is crashing u can't deny that, but I think it's like s must for people to just be sensible and if ur ill stay at home"

Yes brother I agree, it’s careless to be mixing with the public if one feels they have COV19 symptoms..

For example my son had a cough & I refused to bring him to school until the cough went.

liverpool

People should stand for democracy an these idocincrecies thes so called politians haven’t got a fukin clue in society

"I personally believe it’s scaremongering. I’m not saying the virus isn’t real or it’s some crazy scheme created by the government.

I just don’t believe it requires this much attention, especially from the media. Just inform people on how to be safe etc.

That's what they are doing, its the media, they tell you what's said and what to do then they fucking interview some cunt that was part of the health organisation, they then give there opinion on what the situation is and before you know it you no longer have a clue what is and what isn't "

And then we have uneducated people in society that refuse to do their own research into things & not just believe one source.

"I mean yeah the whole stock market is crashing u can't deny that, but I think it's like s must for people to just be sensible and if ur ill stay at home

Yes brother I agree, it’s careless to be mixing with the public if one feels they have COV19 symptoms..

For example my son had a cough & I refused to bring him to school until the cough went. "

I think people forget that if u have a cold or something ur meant to isolate not spread it. Some people just don't care enough about others well being. I would worry for all children and adult over 70 or people with underlying issues

"People should stand for democracy an these idocincrecies thes so called politians haven’t got a fukin clue in society "

I don’t see that happening anytime soon mate. But you’re right .

liverpool

All I call this is demonisation of government gas all the shit about economic bullshit mindless cunts just saying

That's what they are doing, its the media, they tell you what's said and what to do then they fucking interview some cunt that was part of the health organisation, they then give there opinion on what the situation is and before you know it you no longer have a clue what is and what isn't

And then we have uneducated people in society that refuse to do their own research into things & not just believe one source."

Too many in this world

I just don’t believe it requires this much attention, especially from the media. Just inform people on how to be safe etc."

Totally agree when you realise the survival rate is higher than the flu, 97-98% i think.

"I mean yeah the whole stock market is crashing u can't deny that, but I think it's like s must for people to just be sensible and if ur ill stay at home

For example my son had a cough & I refused to bring him to school until the cough went.

I think people forget that if u have a cold or something ur meant to isolate not spread it. Some people just don't care enough about others well being. I would worry for all children and adult over 70 or people with underlying issues"

Let’s just encourage others to do the right thing; be hygienic & stay in quarantine if you start to display any flu like symptoms..

I think people forget that if u have a cold or something ur meant to isolate not spread it. Some people just don't care enough about others well being. I would worry for all children and adult over 70 or people with underlying issues

Let’s just encourage others to do the right thing; be hygienic & stay in quarantine if you start to display any flu like symptoms.. "

Hopefully people just use their brains for once

"All I call this is demonisation of government gas all the shit about economic bullshit mindless cunts just saying "

Money is definitely the issue here.

".. I also think people fail to see the financial aspect of this situation.

Stock market moving more volatile, people will be out of work for weeks; has a potential to delay brexit for longer because government officials are not able to conduct face to face meetings. The list literally doesn’t stop."

Brexit has already happened, we left in January. This is called the Transition period which will go on till the end of 2020.

Yeah the markets are not doing well, but every country is suffering.

Totally agree when you realise the survival rate is higher than the flu, 97-98% i think. "

Thank you but it’s like people are not reading into facts. Just believe any rubbish the media says.

Totally agree when you realise the survival rate is higher than the flu, 97-98% i think.

Thank you but it’s like people are not reading into facts. Just believe any rubbish the media says."

but u have to consider the people u may spread it too they may not be able to handle it

I think people need to think about healthcare professionals are the highest risk group in all this. Still have to have physical and close contact with patients. Unable to divert away from someone coughing or sneezing and no chance to work from home if things get serious. Yet they are not panicking. This alone should provide some reassurance.

Stock market moving more volatile, people will be out of work for weeks; has a potential to delay brexit for longer because government officials are not able to conduct face to face meetings. The list literally doesn’t stop.

Brexit has already happened, we left in January. This is called the Transition period which will go on till the end of 2020.

Yeah the markets are not doing well, but every country is suffering. "

Correction it hasn’t happened until all negotiations are finished.. A contract is not valid until all parties have agreed on the terms & conditions. Brexit is far from finished.

So are the torie government

Yeah the markets are not doing well, but every country is suffering. "

This isn’t about one specific country, you are missing the point.

So are the torie government

"I think people need to think about healthcare professionals are the highest risk group in all this. Still have to have physical and close contact with patients. Unable to divert away from someone coughing or sneezing and no chance to work from home if things get serious. Yet they are not panicking. This alone should provide some reassurance."

They deserve all the respect & love in the world, not just for this but in general.

This isn’t about one specific country, you are missing the point."

So all the governments are going to sing around a camp fire "come by yah", and yeah it's not about a specific country it's about people and their families, and I hope our Government have our countries interests at heart.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Cashiers no longer hand me my change. They either drop it down into my hand, or place it on the counter. Earlier today I saw a few people go into the post office by using their elbows to press the button that opens the automatic door. When I went to the local chippy the girl who took my order stood further away from the counter. Can't tell if people are just being cautious or is paranoia taking over?

"

Correction it hasn’t happened until all negotiations are finished.. A contract is not valid until all parties have agreed on the terms & conditions. Brexit is far from finished. "

We have had Brexit we are out of EU.

The best bit of advice I've seen is just act like you've already got it and be considerate about not passing it on. For most people there's no need to be scared of getting it (loads of us will and we'll be fine) but we do need to be careful about passing it on to others whose health won't cope with it.

By *erdyWoman  over a year ago

wiltshire

"I sneezed in Tesco today and four people turned around.. I felt like I was on the voice.

#coronavirus "

I wanted to cough in Waitrose earlier, but I stifled it as I knew what people would think and feared being burned at the stake

By *inky SpiceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Thank you but it’s like people are not reading into facts. Just believe any rubbish the media says."

Better than believing rubbish read on social media and swinging sites. He's just quoted something entirely inaccurate but you've taken it as fact. The mortality rate for the everyday seasonal flu is less than 0.1% whereas the covid 19 mortality rate is currently estimated around 3.4%

That is a massive difference and will get worse if the epidemic grows too quickly for healthcare systems to cope and people just don't get the care they need.

If you're thinking oh but I've seen it written that the regular flu has a mortality rate of 4%, that's the rate of people who die who have actually become ill enough to be admitted to hospital, not the percentage of people who actually get it.

By *lint-EverhardMan  over a year ago

Perpignan and cap

I'm more scared of the recession than the virus.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

"I sneezed in Tesco today and four people turned around.. I felt like I was on the voice.

#coronavirus "

Damn, you must be a good singer if you reckon four people would turn for you on The Voice.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"I'm more scared of the recession than the virus. "

Forget the recession just buy some pants.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Taking it back to the basics in hygiene here...

One aspect I've witnessed of late is how many people still openly sneeze and don't cover their faces when doing so!

Even apart from all the advice being dished out from NHS etc these days, didn't the parents of these eejits ever teach their offspring to cover their mouths when sneezing?

Morons!

I work in a restaurant, deal with money, guests, used cutlery, plates etc everyday. I chuck cutlery in the water bucket hard sometimes the water has splashed back into my mouth. Gross I know. I wash my hands more than the average person. So I should right...I'm not worried.

My sister has been diagnosed with 2 rare diseases in her life & is currently at high risk of going into septic shock. So I'm sick of hearing this pathetic shit. It's not the plague. Live your life.

Correction it hasn’t happened until all negotiations are finished.. A contract is not valid until all parties have agreed on the terms & conditions. Brexit is far from finished.

We have had Brexit we are out of EU."

That’s your opinion, it isn’t finished until all terms have been agreed and documents are signed. The first stage is completed, still a long way to go.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

#coronavirus "

Had a meeting and was told no hand shaking. Bumped into a friend in the street and we naturally hugged. I travel by public transport, crammed next to people. I handle money in shops, I turn door handles others have touched...I mean, where does paranoia begin?

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Some ? Lol

#coronavirus

Had a meeting and was told no hand shaking. Bumped into a friend in the street and we naturally hugged. I travel by public transport, crammed next to people. I handle money in shops, I turn door handles others have touched...I mean, where does paranoia begin?"

How exactly is one suppose to avoid human contact completely? We have to go to the shops, we have work & family & friends to communicate with.

100 % yes, a person is smart but people are stupid, and i still can’t fathom why people are overstocking their homes with toilet roll

When the news and media first reported the Corona virus, it was downplayed way way too much, telling people not to panic, but at same time showing people videos of people in Hazmat suits and biohazard symbols everywhere in vicinity.

This is Orwellian tactics of trying to hold people in a state of double think, and now people are getting hysterical about it, as the news and media are now sensationalising the whole thing..

"100 % yes, a person is smart but people are stupid, and i still can’t fathom why people are overstocking their homes with toilet roll "

Fucking toilet roll, not something sensible like food, water or a generator. Bloody toilet paper.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

#coronavirus

Had a meeting and was told no hand shaking. Bumped into a friend in the street and we naturally hugged. I travel by public transport, crammed next to people. I handle money in shops, I turn door handles others have touched...I mean, where does paranoia begin?

How exactly is one suppose to avoid human contact completely? We have to go to the shops, we have work & family & friends to communicate with. "

That's my point: we can't!

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Media are overreacting.

Panic buyers are overreacting.

But we do need to react, if we are only 6 degrees of separation from anyone on the planet, then limit travel for 2 weeks.

Totally agree when you realise the survival rate is higher than the flu, 97-98% i think. "

No. It's not.

Fatality rate somewhere in the region of 30 times worse than flu.

There is plenty of scientific data available for those who wish to look at it.

Alternatively we could just trot out the same inaccurate and unresearched soundbites. "Yeah flu is so much worse" "COVID19 is just a bad cold" and similar ill informed bollocks.

Read the published scientific studies!

"100 % yes, a person is smart but people are stupid, and i still can’t fathom why people are overstocking their homes with toilet roll "

There are a number of articles out there explaining the behavioural science behind it.

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

"I think people need to think about healthcare professionals are the highest risk group in all this. Still have to have physical and close contact with patients. Unable to divert away from someone coughing or sneezing and no chance to work from home if things get serious. Yet they are not panicking. This alone should provide some reassurance."

Agreed. Our daughter is a nurse practitioner and is fed up to the back teeth with people thinking they've got the virus because they've been to the Chinese takeaway in the last month! Wasting everybody's time and preventing people with real problems getting attention.

The shopping aspect is exactly the same as the 'Christmas' mentality. Must have at least three of everything as the shops are shut for 24 hours.

belfast/holywood

If people spent more time washing their hands instead of searching for 48- packs of loo roll and 5kg bags of pasta then we would all be able to get on with our lives

No, people are not overreacting, they're doing the right thing.

It's called collective responsibility, whereby we all implement measures now to flatten the curve and slow the spread of the virus, which in turn eases pressure on the NHS and emergency services.

If you think people are making this up, or they're overreacting, then you're being pretty bloody selfish in my view. Do you not have any sense of community? Are you so self serving, greedy and selfish that all you want is for everything to be OK for you and nobody else?

Panic buying is counter-productive, selfish and completely out of order. If you buy all the hand sanitizer, then other people will spread this even more - do you see the problem with that?

Think about the elderly, those on zero hour contracts, people with disabilities or low-income families living out of food banks. How do you think this will affect those people? The world has become so filled with hate & greed it's unbelievable.

Go and ask your neighbours if they're OK. Check on anyone locally who might be older and in need. Be kind. Look after each other.

By *onkyLemonsCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

On the plus side, with this mass shortage of dried pasta - I’ve really been able to cut down on carbs in my diet.

Summer body, here I come!

"I think it weird right. It can be dangerous for people around u like if u have a baby in ur life or for people that have elderly. Plus if u have underlying issues it can also cause a problem. However for the general population it's just a n illness and will go away in 2 weeks. But some people have taken it to the extreme by buying way to many products."

100% agree with you

"On the plus side, with this mass shortage of dried pasta - I’ve really been able to cut down on carbs in my diet.

Summer body, here I come!"

I'm liking your train of thoughts, glass half full is best way to view things haha

"On the plus side, with this mass shortage of dried pasta - I’ve really been able to cut down on carbs in my diet.

Summer body, here I come!"

Haha always have to look at the positives

By *aveed74Man  over a year ago

a round and a bout Midlands

Between a half and one million UK residents will die from this, yet it doesn't deserve some sensible precautions while trying to get on with life as best as possible?

We ought to be asking for other such volunteers to 'take one for the team'!

"100% doesn’t deserve the attention society is giving to it.

Between a half and one million UK residents will die from this, yet it doesn't deserve some sensible precautions while trying to get on with life as best as possible?

We ought to be asking for other such volunteers to 'take one for the team'!"

Where did that statistic come from, can you back it up with a credible source or two?

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

I went to asda last night and a fellow customer was wearing a gas mask as he shopped.

I can't be arsed with the stress of panic buying, I strolled around with a big trolley and only had a bottle of wine, takeaway meal for one, fruit and an easter egg for my chocolate craving... that was my panic purchase

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Everyone is over reacting

By *ildatheart6969Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

This one is

This one is"

It isn't about soldiering on, or taking one for the team. It's about community responsibility and slowing the spread. If you just carry on regardless then you're not taking steps that might benefit someone else in the longer term.

Where did that statistic come from, can you back it up with a credible source or two?"

Lancet

This one is

It isn't about soldiering on, or taking one for the team. It's about community responsibility and slowing the spread. If you just carry on regardless then you're not taking steps that might benefit someone else in the longer term."

I agree with you entirely

By *rjimMan  over a year ago

nr bristol

"Taking it back to the basics in hygiene here...

One aspect I've witnessed of late is how many people still openly sneeze and don't cover their faces when doing so!

Even apart from all the advice being dished out from NHS etc these days, didn't the parents of these eejits ever teach their offspring to cover their mouths when sneezing?

Morons!"

You sound very old fashioned. Next you will be saying people should cover their mouths when yawning, saying please and thank you, holding door open for mums,

being nice on the roads, helping your neighbours, teaching children manners.

I am afraid you are very out of touch me old mucker !

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

I actually miss Brexit !

By *ildatheart6969Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Where did that statistic come from, can you back it up with a credible source or two?

Lancet "

Link

"100% doesn’t deserve the attention society is giving to it. I actually miss Brexit ! "

Ha!

It will all be fine though, because the NHS will be receiving an extra £350 million each week now........won't it?

nr bristol

It's so bad in Germany, they have started putting their towels on hospital beds !

It serves as a reminder of how selfish people are and that compassion for others is at an all time low.

The so long as I'm ok attitude of people is everywhere.

It's sad.

Paranoia is definitely taking over too and the media reporting isn't helping at all.

In my area GP surgery's have stopped seeing anyone. I live in a village where many elderly rely heavily on the surgery services on a daily basis.

Shelves in shops are bare and many like poor wee Doris (every one has neighbours like her) stand no chance on her small weekly pension.

I actually seen someone remove hand soap and toilet roll from a food bank trolley the other day.

It's bringing out the worst of humanity.

nr bristol

"100% doesn’t deserve the attention society is giving to it. I actually miss Brexit !

Ha!

It will all be fine though, because the NHS will be receiving an extra £350 million each week now........won't it?"

Well the money we are NOT giving to the corrupt EU may be spent on something else. Decided upon by OUR Parliament ! Maybe we should also stop sending 13 BILLION pound a year to foreign nations and spend it at home ?

"It serves as a reminder of how selfish people are and that compassion for others is at an all time low.

It's sad.

Paranoia is definitely taking over too and the media reporting isn't helping at all.

In my area GP surgery's have stopped seeing anyone. I live in a village where many elderly rely heavily on the surgery services on a daily basis.

Shelves in shops are bare and many like poor wee Doris (every one has neighbours like her) stand no chance on her small weekly pension.

I actually seen someone remove hand soap and toilet roll from a food bank trolley the other day.

"

Absolutely right, and people should be ashamed of themselves. Even on this thread the posts that talk about this aspect get ignored. People just think it's one big joke that won't have any effect on them.

Humanity has become grossly self serving, and greedy. Community care has gone out the window.

By *ibbyhunterCouple  over a year ago

keighley

A friend of mine who is a Donny Rovers fan would have been at the game today with about 4.ooo other fans but can't now .so he is taking his family to the Meadowhall shopping centre instead with about 80,000 other shoppers.funny old world.

"It serves as a reminder of how selfish people are and that compassion for others is at an all time low.

It's sad.

Absolutely right, and people should be ashamed of themselves. Even on this thread the posts that talk about this aspect get ignored. People just think it's one big joke that won't have any effect on them.

Humanity has become grossly self serving, and greedy. Community care has gone out the window."

Though, in some cases, it is showing the best of us.

Some people think that it won't be such a bad thing if a load of old folk pop their clogs. After all, they're using resources, clogging up the NHS, driving too slowly on the roads, listening to boring old-fashioned music, wearing unstylish cardigans.........

Personally, I respect human life and the potential in everyone. What is a shame is that so many people employ such a minute proportion of their at-birth potential!

It's sad.

Humanity has become grossly self serving, and greedy. Community care has gone out the window.

Though, in some cases, it is showing the best of us.

Some people think that it won't be such a bad thing if a load of old folk pop their clogs. After all, they're using resources, clogging up the NHS, driving too slowly on the roads, listening to boring old-fashioned music, wearing unstylish cardigans.........

Personally, I respect human life and the potential in everyone. What is a shame is that so many people employ such a minute proportion of their at-birth potential!"

Yeah, because what good are old people when it comes to the economy eh? Useless. Your post came straight out of the Boris Johnson Tory Playbook. So true. I'm guessing/hoping you were joking!

Personally I've been round to a few of my elderly neighbours and offered help with shopping or anything they might need. It's time to look after the more vulnerable in society, yet some people seem to think this is all a big joke. Sigh.

Of course joking!!!!!

The Hermes guy yesterday wouldn’t let me use my own finger to sign for my parcel. He said am I ok for him to sign on my behalf.

In my casual job in the gym I’ve noticed the scanners are on the top of the desk so we aren’t taking people’s membership cards out of their hands. There’s antibacterial gels everywhere.

The chlorine levels kill any bacteria in the pool but every half hour there’s a cleaning schedule to wipe all door handles and every piece of equipment in the gym with dettol.

"The Hermes guy yesterday wouldn’t let me use my own finger to sign for my parcel. He said am I ok for him to sign on my behalf.

In my casual job in the gym I’ve noticed the scanners are on the top of the desk so we aren’t taking people’s membership cards out of their hands. There’s antibacterial gels everywhere.

The chlorine levels kill any bacteria in the pool but every half hour there’s a cleaning schedule to wipe all door handles and every piece of equipment in the gym with dettol. "

I think they might be told to do so because we had the same thing with a postman at work where he asked if he can sign for things on our behalf. I don't blame them though, they have to touch it after all those people.

By *ustme34Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"The Hermes guy yesterday wouldn’t let me use my own finger to sign for my parcel. He said am I ok for him to sign on my behalf.

The chlorine levels kill any bacteria in the pool but every half hour there’s a cleaning schedule to wipe all door handles and every piece of equipment in the gym with dettol. "

im a landscape gardener and we have been given 70% alcohol gels for the Van's . A nd rolls of blue roll so were not using towels and disposable cups for the coffee room so we dont risk not washing properly and someone else using them

I think everyone's going abit OTT to be honest went to asda last night and loads of loo roll left (only 1 brand mind) no pasta no flour gels detol sprays bleach

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

The whole thing is an over reaction.

There is already a prototype vaccination and anti viral treatments on final trials.

And all this panic buying is pathetic.

I’ve got a mild cold - viral thing from the kids at work

I feel blah .... I do not have that virus

I refuse to self isolate because I’m not going to overact, but I get why some people panic

belfast/holywood

I doubt if even a few thousand people in the UK die from it

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"I’ve got a mild cold - viral thing from the kids at work

I feel blah .... I do not have that virus

I refuse to self isolate because I’m not going to overact, but I get why some people panic

"

So when you do catch Corona, you'll be fighting it with a compromised immune system. Good luck.

Yes is the only word needed

No! Everyone will react to their own personal circumstances.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Pretty much agree, but the problem is if we're not over cautious and are reckless in contact then it increases the rate of transmission, especially in people who have roles that bring them into account with lots of people during the day.

I had to have a word with myself yesterday when I went to get cash from the dispenser at the supermarket, then imagined the germs on the keypad, bottled it and paid via contactless instead!

By *unscot44Man  over a year ago

Stepps (Glasgow)

Do i think people are over over reacting in terms of panic buying and stockpiling , yes i do.

Do i think we are over reacting to the dangers this virus poses then no. People need to start facing reality it highly infectious and spreads very easily.

As i said in previous post Italy had 20 confirmed cases 22 days ago and Spain had about 6, now they have over 23,000 between them.

When you take into account that most epidemiologists believe that for every confirmed case there may be at least 5-15 times as many unconfirmed cases you can see the numbers. I think we should all be cautious especially in terms of trying to slow down spread to elderly and those with chronic health conditions.

By *acavityMan  over a year ago

Redditch

F*CK the financial markets.

It's a meaningless measurement unless you own stocks and shares and have to sell them now.

The FTSE index is still higher than 15 months ago, so people investing long-term (pensions etc) are fine.

Just the gamblers who trade everyday are losing bets.

"I think it weird right. It can be dangerous for people around u like if u have a baby in ur life or for people that have elderly. Plus if u have underlying issues it can also cause a problem. However for the general population it's just a n illness and will go away in 2 weeks. But some people have taken it to the extreme by buying way to many products."

Just as it is with Flu

By *ogerBottomsMan  over a year ago

Aberdare

[Removed by poster at 14/03/20 14:24:03]

By *ogerBottomsMan  over a year ago

Aberdare

Given that sneezing isn't one of the symptoms, it does seem something of an overreaction. If, however, you're near me and you start coughing your guts up, all bets are off.

» Add a new message to this topic