FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Airline industry

Airline industry

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *empsey and hotpiece OP   Man  over a year ago

North west

Unsurprisingly, already airlines are struggling .

BALPA (British airline pilots association) have asked the government to waiver passenger air port taxes for 6 months, but is that enough?

Personally I think fuel tax should be waived also.

Fly be have already gone down the pan, I’m sure a few more will aswell, this could change air travel for a long time to come.

Other’s opinions?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don’t get me started they make enough money out of us

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Unsurprisingly, already airlines are struggling .

BALPA (British airline pilots association) have asked the government to waiver passenger air port taxes for 6 months, but is that enough?

Personally I think fuel tax should be waived also.

Fly be have already gone down the pan, I’m sure a few more will aswell, this could change air travel for a long time to come.

Other’s opinions?"

Not just airlines, the whole tourism industry world wide will be hammered.

By *erynaughtyMan  over a year ago

Derby

"Don’t get me started they make enough money out of us "

This is so true...it’s a case of printing money

Yea alright.... my pension fund has dropped 15%. Who’s gonna bail me out

North west

"Don’t get me started they make enough money out of us "

You’re missing the point, if multiple airlines go bust, the few remaining will have a monopoly, we can wave goodbye to cheap travel deals.

Derby

"Don’t get me started they make enough money out of us

You’re missing the point, if multiple airlines go bust, the few remaining will have a monopoly, we can wave goodbye to cheap travel deals."

I think it’s you that’s missing the point. They already have the monopoly, it’s just a case of managing the tax bill

By *emma HoldenTV/TS  over a year ago

Ramsey

It's desperate for all airlines & employees. Very few airlines will survive intact as they will be leased up to the hilt on borrowed money for planes. Known brands could be gone for good.

So long as that cocky little shit from Ryanair gets bankrupted, that'll be a result. Sad for the rest.

"It's desperate for all airlines & employees. Very few airlines will survive intact as they will be leased up to the hilt on borrowed money for planes. Known brands could be gone for good.

So long as that cocky little shit from Ryanair gets bankrupted, that'll be a result. Sad for the rest. "

Gemma no

You’re missing the point, if multiple airlines go bust, the few remaining will have a monopoly, we can wave goodbye to cheap travel deals."

But if you've noticed, it's British Airways that have issued a warning about job losses, not Easyjet

North west

You’re missing the point, if multiple airlines go bust, the few remaining will have a monopoly, we can wave goodbye to cheap travel deals.

I think it’s you that’s missing the point. They already have the monopoly, it’s just a case of managing the tax bill"

How can multiple airlines have the monopoly ? That’s an oxymoron

They are all in business to make money, we all have a choice if we fly or not.

My point is, should airlines be given tax breaks? I’m sure you’d be complaining a few years down the line when you can’t justify the cost of a flight.

Derby

Lessors and subsidiary’s owned by national operators. Do you really understand your business?

I think it’s you that’s missing the point. They already have the monopoly, it’s just a case of managing the tax bill

How can multiple airlines have the monopoly ? That’s an oxymoron

They are all in business to make money, we all have a choice if we fly or not.

My point is, should airlines be given tax breaks? I’m sure you’d be complaining a few years down the line when you can’t justify the cost of a flight."

Couldn’t give a monkeys about them more will come along and I repeat who’s gonna bail me out or don’t that count????????!!?

I'm more worried about toilet roll, paste shells and sanitizer

"I'm more worried about toilet roll, paste shells and sanitizer "

And yea no football

Football isn't really for me, but I feel for you though

"I'm more worried about toilet roll, paste shells and sanitizer

And yea no football "

By *ighthawk911Man  over a year ago

Perth

Having followed my football team round Europe for European away trips and getting stung in price hikes as soon as the draws are made because "the demand" then I don't feel sorry for the airlines but I do feel for the crew etc who will bare the brunt

North west

"Lessors and subsidiary’s owned by national operators. Do you really understand your business?"

Who is that directed at?

Me?

If so , yes I’ve ran my LTD company for over 20years, but I don’t see how that’s relevant to my original post.

I honestly feel for the airline companies. End of the day its peoples jobs at risk big boris needs t step in and sort sutton quick time!!

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

I’m sorry ... had a sherry.... but airlines, cutting tax etc... fuck me yes we need more people encouraged to travel just now ? Again I apologise and may have the wrong end of the stick ....

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

a lot of airlines are actually in trouble....

lufthansa are looking for german protection

same with Delta in America

BA from the UK govt

Norwegian have already slashed flights and about 5000 staff

same with Cathay Pacific....

the ironic thing is if things go belly up.... less carriers means less competition on routes, which means the average airline flight goes up

[Removed by poster at 13/03/20 23:49:29]

The ones from the Arabs will survive, the European ones will go bust.

This virus is going to cause massive economic trouble across the whole of Europe. Not only for airliners.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

When this is all over, public attitudes to global travel will have changed. The tourism business will never be the same. People are going to be rather less ready to sit inside a metal tube for hour after hour, breathing other peoples recycled air. Distant exotic places will be associated with dying people coughing their guts up. Cruise ships will seem more like floating prisons full of germs...

By *vcarolTV/TS  over a year ago

kilmarnockish

What Polly says above is very true.

1 in 10 jobs on the planet are related to tourism.

Predictions are that the cost of the changes due to this outbreak could push as much as 25% of the carriers currently operating out of business.

Fares will go up by an estimated 25%.

Freight by air increased charges will have a knock on effect onto the whole supply chain, estimates are as much as 20% at the moment!

The changes this time round are likened already to that of 9-11, but will have an even greater effect.

"I'm more worried about toilet roll, paste shells and sanitizer "
toothpaste...... yea me to

North west

"a lot of airlines are actually in trouble....

lufthansa are looking for german protection

same with Delta in America

BA from the UK govt

Norwegian have already slashed flights and about 5000 staff

same with Cathay Pacific....

the ironic thing is if things go belly up.... less carriers means less competition on routes, which means the average airline flight goes up"

Exactly

the airline industry is up and down

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

[Removed by poster at 14/03/20 09:32:26]

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Didn’t they same that most airlines have to stay solvent by selling something like 95% of all seats on each flight?. I wonder what the occupancy is at the minute and what it will be in 2 weeks time

By *oss and SuzieCouple  over a year ago

Porthmadog

Airlines are both incredibly important for free movement (are we going to go to Australia by a three week cruise in future?) and ever since Laker have run on a knife edge financially. They're a great example of an oligopoly, where a small number of businesses selling a fairly standard product race to the bottom on price. Every company has no alternative other than to offer the cheapest fares, or go out of business. A great example of capitalism achieving the goal of the most efficient supply of commodities.

The current situation is beyond the ability of a free market to cope with. If we want low cost travel in the future, we may need to support vital commercial enterprises.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"What Polly says above is very true.

1 in 10 jobs on the planet are related to tourism.

Predictions are that the cost of the changes due to this outbreak could push as much as 25% of the carriers currently operating out of business.

Fares will go up by an estimated 25%.

Freight by air increased charges will have a knock on effect onto the whole supply chain, estimates are as much as 20% at the moment!

The changes this time round are likened already to that of 9-11, but will have an even greater effect."

I don’t know if your figures are accurate, I can’t be arsed to research them, but I agree with what you say.

Perhaps there will be a change in people’s buying habits and there will be more sourcing of products that don’t have to be flown around the world. People may decide to holiday in this country more.

Could have a positive impact on local economies and carbon footprint.

I know there needs to be international trade for a successful balanced economy but maybe a bit less carting things around the world wouldn’t be a bad thing.

» Add a new message to this topic