FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Not enough being done about Coronavirus

Not enough being done about Coronavirus

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

..By the heartwarming institutions that are our much beloved soaps. It pains me to say this, but even though they're filmed months in advance, when a huge event fills the public consciousness there's normally a scene or two filmed in the couple of days beforehand to include it?

I mean England's World cup games, Prince William's wedding, Michael Jackson's passing, who was getting the England Captain's armband, even rival soap Corrie's landmark episode received a nod in recent times?

Yet no mention of Covid-19 whatsoever which is utterly unrealistic? It wouldn't take much, such as Roy being seen to use a hand-sanitiser before serving customers in his cafe. Or why not take the sting out of the situation and have a hilarious storyline where Big Mo Harris is rumbled for selling on stolen bog rolls in the market to offer comic relief in these nervy times?

It's surely not too much to ask.

B

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

I've not seen a single fight over a bag of pasta either.

Completely unrealistic

P

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

In the Christmas day special they will all get it and cause another scare in the new year!

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

"I've not seen a single fight over a bag of pasta either.

Completely unrealistic

P"

I love how you never see them go anywhere apart from the local corner shop. Every corner shop in my town is 5x pricier than Asda/Tesco etc! no fecking way would i get my beans from there!

"I've not seen a single fight over a bag of pasta either.

Completely unrealistic

P"

I think they would be admonished for depicting such panic resulting in violence. Far better and also realistic to have Ian Beale giving a sly grin whilst rubbing out the price of the only pasta dish on his menu and chalking £39.95 in it's place before saying to an eye-rolling Peter "Well it's a supply and demand world son..."

B

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Bet the Archers will figure it into their story line when they finished with the aftermath of Grey Gables being blown up

"Bet the Archers will figure it into their story line when they finished with the aftermath of Grey Gables being blown up "

I've never listened to a single "episode"

Are they even called episodes? Installment?

I don't know what they're called

P

By *etLikeMan  over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

"Bet the Archers will figure it into their story line when they finished with the aftermath of Grey Gables being blown up "

Spoiler I was waiting for the Sunday omnibus

After this morning's announcement I reckon a lot of that whole "gay footballer" storyline on Corrie that's been filmed may have to be chucked in the bin...

Ah well, any shortfall in the length of each episode can be filled with them moving the seats around in the Rovers to ensure everyone is sat a metre apart...

B

» Add a new message to this topic