FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Zero hour contracts

Zero hour contracts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nlyIfItsWorthIt OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Anyone else on one and not likely to get pay if forced to stay off due to the virus?

I work in a dementia care home, we catch everything badly and all the residents and staff are likely to have issues.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uriousKinksterMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

I'm self employed but fortunate enough to be able to work from home, which my client has enforced as of tomorrow.

I dare say it must be a very worrying time for the likes of yourself with no entitlement to sick pay, and one of the plethora of reasons why I despite the so-called gig economy, as its by and large little more than an underhanded scene by business capitalising on a competitive job market to avoid paying tax and national insurance, leaving hard working individuals massively out of pocket. But that's just me.

By *inky SpiceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Anyone else on one and not likely to get pay if forced to stay off due to the virus?

I work in a dementia care home, we catch everything badly and all the residents and staff are likely to have issues."

It's just plain wrong isn't it.

People like you do an absolutely essential job and in circumstances like this you're extra vulnerable to illness and perhaps worse, and yet you are poorly paid with little or no benefits.

By *incloudukMan  over a year ago

Medway

Even on part time hours if I don’t work I will be stuck. Sick pay isn’t enough

Newcastle

"Even on part time hours if I don’t work I will be stuck. Sick pay isn’t enough "

The whole system is corrupt and broken.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’ve got no work until this blows over.

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

I have a zero hour contract at the moment but I'm fortunate enough to work from home anyway. Plus I have a suspicion we'll have more work due to the virus.

Loughborough

"I have a zero hour contract at the moment but I'm fortunate enough to work from home anyway. Plus I have a suspicion we'll have more work due to the virus."

Bit of a silver lining then in your case it seems! I'm yet to fully grasp the seriousness of the situation, aside from the exponential rate of infection increase.

By *incloudukMan  over a year ago

Medway

"Even on part time hours if I don’t work I will be stuck. Sick pay isn’t enough

The whole system is corrupt and broken."

Yep it’s only geared to the rich and powerful.

Unfortunately the general public don’t see this as they like being bribed by the governments in power

Newcastle

Unfortunately the general public don’t see this as they like being bribed by the governments in power "

Loughborough

Unfortunately the general public don’t see this as they like being bribed by the governments in power "

Whilst I don't disagree that the wealthy have held the balance of power since the earliest days of economics, I don't believe the average person is in any way fooled into thinking otherwise. There's just precious little can be done about it, short of a revolt of the populous of sorts.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Anyone else on one and not likely to get pay if forced to stay off due to the virus?

I work in a dementia care home, we catch everything badly and all the residents and staff are likely to have issues."

Tut tut tut

» Add a new message to this topic