FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I'm seriously appalled...

I'm seriously appalled...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ohnjones3210 OP   Man  over a year ago

Chester

I don't usually do rants like this, but I'm fed up of this panic buying and I'm sick of how selfish people are.

My local supermarket has had areas empty for around a week because of this craziness.

What people don't understand is that this virus kills older and vulnerable people! If you're one of those who is panic buying, rushing to the shops to 'protect yourself', you're most likely not vulnerable.

By the time the elderly and or vulnerable ones are getting there, there's very little left, and prices are going up!

So, people, please be sensible and think of those who aren't able to rush to shops like we can. There are older, more vulnerable people who truly rely on local shops for their essentials and they can't get there in a hurry. The more you panic buy, the harder their lives get, and the more vulnerable they become, so please don't be selfish!

Without trying to be rude, if you're one of the ones who has bought more than you need, maybe you should go and check to see if your older neighbours have everything that they need before you squander.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

People are selfish, would rather starve than panic buy, they're welcome to it.

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

It's no good having a ton of sanitiser if no one else has any and they are spreading the virus, you'll end up getting anyway.

Some are panic buying incase all shops have to be closed

By *hloevtTV/TS  over a year ago

norwich

If Tescos refills with hand sanitizer I'm going to buy LOADS, and then drop it all off at the local red cross and salvation army xx

It doesn’t seem to bad around here but there again we haven’t had anyone confirmed with the virus yet

I’m sure that will all change when someone has

By *nlyIfItsWorthItMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Up north we don't have the disposable income to panic buy - the shops are full

"If Tescos refills with hand sanitizer I'm going to buy LOADS, and then drop it all off at the local red cross and salvation army xx "

Bacterial for viral isn't going to work. Theres a hospital grade but you don't buy that in the shops

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

Around here similar things are going ... I cannot understand panic buying ... they've probably still got stuff stashed from their Brexit closed borders panic buying

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

"Up north we don't have the disposable income to panic buy - the shops are full "

Ppl dont panic up here...

"Up north we don't have the disposable income to panic buy - the shops are full "

Without wishing to cause an argument there is more disposable income up here so maybe it might be more to do with the mindset which is perhaps not so selfish

Went today to get some loo roll because I'm down to my last one, not one roll in the whole shop to be found at all. So I then decided fuck it I'll get those flushable wipe things and they were all gone too.

There was literally nothing left in the store that had the word antibacterial on it. Usually I wouldnt mind but it's like you said, people that genuinely need these things are having to go without because someone thought they needed to buy 100 rolls, 10 bottles of handwash and all the spray they could find

By *emma HoldenTV/TS  over a year ago

Ramsey

Well said OP. I confess to buying ONE extra 9pack of loo rolls other than I would normally have bought. I couldn't get any soap as it was empty so bough a cheap shower gel for a quid instead. I only wanted one bottle anyway as I keep a spare one all the time. I've simply sat the kids down & told them we don't waste anything like that, use less & make it last. Human nature at its worst at the moment; far too much "I'm alright & f*ck everyone else". It only takes a big storm & a couple of cancelled ferries for the Manx to panic buy normally so we're well used to seeing stripped shelves every winter as greedy bastards look after themselves & leave others stuck without a second thought.......

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

"Up north we don't have the disposable income to panic buy - the shops are full

Without wishing to cause an argument there is more disposable income up here so maybe it might be more to do with the mindset which is perhaps not so selfish "

Right ... that's it .. you and your pint outside .. now!!!

"Around here similar things are going ... I cannot understand panic buying ... they've probably still got stuff stashed from their Brexit closed borders panic buying"

By *lexeatonMan  over a year ago

Lichfield

"If Tescos refills with hand sanitizer I'm going to buy LOADS, and then drop it all off at the local red cross and salvation army xx

Bacterial for viral isn't going to work. Theres a hospital grade but you don't buy that in the shops"

Anything with 60% alcohol strips the outside of the virus cell and reduces its ability to be contagious, so it does work. But washing hands is still best option.

My sister is on a very low income and only has enough to get her through till she gets paid every month.

She went to do some shopping today and can't get the things she needs.

People are so selfish and only think of themselves.

I did some shopping for a couple of the older gents on my road today, simple knock on the door & offer of they needed anything from the big supermarket as I was going...only basics of course. It is a bit shit how selfish people can be at times like this but it’s definitely no surprise

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

[Removed by poster at 12/03/20 21:36:38]

I couldn't start panic buying as I live in the studio so not much storage here. Small fridge/freezer and one cupboard to store food. But if I did, I would probably start eating everything so I would therefore need more bog roll

"Up north we don't have the disposable income to panic buy - the shops are full

Without wishing to cause an argument there is more disposable income up here so maybe it might be more to do with the mindset which is perhaps not so selfish

Right ... that's it .. you and your pint outside .. now!!!

"

Oi oi savaloy I’m just appeasing the natives

Worcester

When will people get that say they buy 10 bottles of sanitizer that then leaves 9 other families that don’t have any.

In our book that means 90% more folk that may now transfer the virus.

So much for a caring sharing society eh!

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I will admit is pisses me off also! I don't understand it, especially the products being sought, why the hell pasta? FFS I only eat spaghetti once a month, what are others stock piling it for? This is not Armageddon!

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

When I was a lad we had a large table and hungry siblings...when food was put out there was the quick and the hungry..

The fittest survive ...

Also lots of supermarkets are "limiting" the number of some products to 5 per person.

I think that's still to much.

If I went shopping with Ash I could 5 hand gels and he could buy 5 so our household would have 10, that's too many.

Chelmsford

Hand gel will not save us..

"Hand gel will not save us.. "

No but it helps. What would you have us do Tom?

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"When will people get that say they buy 10 bottles of sanitizer that then leaves 9 other families that don’t have any.

So much for a caring sharing society eh!"

So use soap and sing Happy fkn birthday

By *yx_InannaWoman  over a year ago

Burslem

Another problem is people relying on antibac and forgetting to wash hands.

News for everyone antibac doesn't kill norovirus or rotavirus but washing hands work.

Every year we have warnings over norovirus yet it takes coronavirus for people to panic buy dettol and antibac. maybe that's what all the toilet rolls are for so freaked out by corona they ended up with the shits?

"When will people get that say they buy 10 bottles of sanitizer that then leaves 9 other families that don’t have any.

So use soap and sing Happy fkn birthday"

And how do you do that on the bus and tube?

Chester

"Well said OP. I confess to buying ONE extra 9pack of loo rolls other than I would normally have bought. I couldn't get any soap as it was empty so bough a cheap shower gel for a quid instead. I only wanted one bottle anyway as I keep a spare one all the time. I've simply sat the kids down & told them we don't waste anything like that, use less & make it last. Human nature at its worst at the moment; far too much "I'm alright & f*ck everyone else". It only takes a big storm & a couple of cancelled ferries for the Manx to panic buy normally so we're well used to seeing stripped shelves every winter as greedy bastards look after themselves & leave others stuck without a second thought....... "

I know, it's just ridiculous. I did the same today. I said to my girls, "this next week or so, were going to cut down on the food waste. I'm going to cut the meal sizes down a fraction." Then I just explained that some people are going to shops and buying a little bit too much.

Even though I've not panic bought anything, I'll happily give my food to an older or more vulnerable local person if I find one without food. Regards toilet roll, I have 6 but would wipe my arse on letters if need be.

Chelmsford

I have not seen anyone panic buy.. it's a myth.. people who plan and have self awareness are simply working on their planning..

The people panicking are those who arrive late and the goods are all gone.

Chester

"I did some shopping for a couple of the older gents on my road today, simple knock on the door & offer of they needed anything from the big supermarket as I was going...only basics of course. It is a bit shit how selfish people can be at times like this but it’s definitely no surprise "

Good lad! There are so many arseholes around.

Chester

So much for a caring sharing society eh!"

I know, it's brainless...

Chester

"When I was a lad we had a large table and hungry siblings...when food was put out there was the quick and the hungry..

The fittest survive ..."

It's true...

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

I must say, my local shelves still seem well stocked with "brown shield stamps".

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

No shortage up here. Plenty of loo rolls in Lidl when I was in.

Mind you we don't have any cases of the virus here yet.

Chester

And how do you do that on the bus and tube? "

A mobile sink with soap dispenser and waste tank! Omg!!! I've had an idea.

By *mberWoman  over a year ago

Preston

"I did some shopping for a couple of the older gents on my road today, simple knock on the door & offer of they needed anything from the big supermarket as I was going...only basics of course. It is a bit shit how selfish people can be at times like this but it’s definitely no surprise "

OK I like you again

The third soul to succumb to COVID died ten minutes by walk from where I live and I honestly could not care more about the virus. At it's current stage, it will have little effect on most of the population so why worry? Why let it controll your life?

Just keep clean, wash your hands, cover your mouths, read actual reports not articles and, most importantly, use common sense.

By *rMrsRichCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouh

"The third soul to succumb to COVID died ten minutes by walk from where I live and I honestly could not care more about the virus. At it's current stage, it will have little effect on most of the population so why worry? Why let it controll your life?

Just keep clean, wash your hands, cover your mouths, read actual reports not articles and, most importantly, use common sense. "

People say this like the proportion of the population that it does affect aren’t important?

Chelmsford

"The third soul to succumb to COVID died ten minutes by walk from where I live and I honestly could not care more about the virus. At it's current stage, it will have little effect on most of the population so why worry? Why let it controll your life?

Just keep clean, wash your hands, cover your mouths, read actual reports not articles and, most importantly, use common sense. "

Common sense.. stock up on essential supplies.. simples

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I can’t even get a small bottle of hand sanitizer to put into a pamper bag I’m doing for a friend with cancer.

Preston

I'm in full agreement OP, people are selfish.

I'm not buying anything different to normal.

If I can't get any extra food for a week will I die? No, I doubt any of us will starve!

I wonder if those who are going bonkers over pasta and bog roll have even stopped to consider how people live in countries where they actually have issues like war and famine?

Preston

Just keep clean, wash your hands, cover your mouths, read actual reports not articles and, most importantly, use common sense.

Common sense.. stock up on essential supplies.. simples "

In other words, you've panic purchased loo roll and pasta!

People say this like the proportion of the population that it does affect aren’t important?"

Exactly but they won't be saying that if it kills someone they love

Worcester

Can the folk who are stockpiling please stock up on condoms to prevent you from creating any more idiots.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Spent 4x as much as I would normally do on shopping this month. Fucked if I’m going to the shops in the next couple of weeks and watching people fighting over toilet roll. If that comes under panic buying so be it. I just don’t want to be around people full stop anyway.

Going to do the same with pet food at the weekend.

Should last little old me and my doggos until it all blows over.

By *nlyIfItsWorthItMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Daughter called to say all the people in tescos were complaining there is no pasta.

She took my advice and bought pasta flour and eggs

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

"Common sense.. stock up on essential supplies.. simples "

Why? It’s not the 1970s any more. Plenty of supermarkets are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Shops deliver, even restaurants deliver.

We are not going to run out of anything, stocking up does far more harm than good

"I don't usually do rants like this, but I'm fed up of this panic buying and I'm sick of how selfish people are.

My local supermarket has had areas empty for around a week because of this craziness.

What people don't understand is that this virus kills older and vulnerable people! If you're one of those who is panic buying, rushing to the shops to 'protect yourself', you're most likely not vulnerable.

By the time the elderly and or vulnerable ones are getting there, there's very little left, and prices are going up!

So, people, please be sensible and think of those who aren't able to rush to shops like we can. There are older, more vulnerable people who truly rely on local shops for their essentials and they can't get there in a hurry. The more you panic buy, the harder their lives get, and the more vulnerable they become, so please don't be selfish!

Without trying to be rude, if you're one of the ones who has bought more than you need, maybe you should go and check to see if your older neighbours have everything that they need before you squander.

"

Chelmsford

In other words, you've panic purchased loo roll and pasta!"

Negative.. I have calmly stocked up weeks ago.. the only people panicking are those who never plan and see empty shelves..

Bournemouh

People say this like the proportion of the population that it does affect aren’t important?

Exactly but they won't be saying that if it kills someone they love "

Exactly! Have we all stopped caring for the people over 60 that we know, because are the folk they are classing as ‘elderly’

I have two siblings both under 30, both severe asthma sufferers, if they get it they’ll probably die! They both also have small kids dependant on them. But hey fuck em because I’ll be alright

Such a horrible attitude

Chelmsford

"Common sense.. stock up on essential supplies.. simples

Why? It’s not the 1970s any more. Plenty of supermarkets are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Shops deliver, even restaurants deliver.

We are not going to run out of anything, stocking up does far more harm than good"

So no need to worry

People say this like the proportion of the population that it does affect aren’t important?"

Well the people who think that we do not care must forget that we too are human, we have people we care about. People whom I love could possibly die. People who raised me. People who have made every effort to support my family through loss. People who have been teachers to me. People who call my street their home. People who have simply smiled at me when walking around.

I am not ignorant of the effect this pandemic can and, in some cases, will effect them. However, if someone could tell me how panicking and mass buying items with little thought will help control the virus. I say fuck all hence the second paragraph.

All I'm saying is think with you head rather than your heart.

I did get an extra pack of pasta and a couple of extra tins.

The reason I did this is I'm on a very low income and I was running low and worried by the time I get paid there wouldn't be any available as selfish people buy it all.

We are both in the at risk group and have actually been advised by the doctor to self isolate.

Ash is coming down tomorrow and we are gonna hunker down for a while.

I'm very unwell at the moment (none coronavirus related) and needing daily treatment so I will only go out when it's essential.

As for people saying it is only a risk to the old, I'm 36!

Negative.. I have calmly stocked up weeks ago.. the only people panicking are those who never plan and see empty shelves.. "

Or those that can afford to do so or struggle to get out!

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

My goodness, we might have to ration and make do! Actually make our own bread and stuff. Will have to google recipes. Such hardship!

If anyone wants a bar of soap they can have one, no strings!

Then, of course, it would be soap on a rope!

Bournemouh

Well the people who think that we do not care must forget that we too are human, we have people we care about. People whom I love could possibly die. People who raised me. People who have made every effort to support my family through loss. People who have been teachers to me. People who call my street their home. People who have simply smiled at me when walking around.

I am not ignorant of the effect this pandemic can and, in some cases, will effect them. However, if someone could tell me how panicking and mass buying items with little thought will help control the virus. I say fuck all hence the second paragraph.

All I'm saying is think with you head rather than your heart."

I’m not really sure what you’re trying to say to me here?

I agree that the panicking and mass buying is absolutely selfish as hell.

But I’m saying I will have concern for the people I care about who are vulnerable.

Two different things and one doesn’t relate to the other.

Just because I care for people doesn’t mean I’m panic buying? I haven’t bought anything at all. Been away for weeks with work. Using hotel bog roll

I'm guessing those "panic buying" all have stories to tell. Reasons for it. I'm not judging. Until they start buying all the wine. Then I'll have words with the fuckers!

Chester

"If anyone wants a bar of soap they can have one, no strings!

Then, of course, it would be soap on a rope! "

Fab is the place to go if you want NSA soap!

North Bucks

"My goodness, we might have to ration and make do! Actually make our own bread and stuff. Will have to google recipes. Such hardship!

"

I got given a pasta maker for Christmas. When I run out I’m looking forward to having a go myself.

"Can the folk who are stockpiling please stock up on condoms to prevent you from creating any more idiots."

Love this!

Bournemouh

"I'm guessing those "panic buying" all have stories to tell. Reasons for it. I'm not judging. Until they start buying all the wine. Then I'll have words with the fuckers!"

Haha first thing my fella said when I told him I was gonna buy two tins of mulligatawny soup for the apocalypse was “don’t forget to panic buy wine”

"I did some shopping for a couple of the older gents on my road today, simple knock on the door & offer of they needed anything from the big supermarket as I was going...only basics of course. It is a bit shit how selfish people can be at times like this but it’s definitely no surprise

OK I like you again "

Life...complete!

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I don't usually do rants like this, but I'm fed up of this panic buying and I'm sick of how selfish people are.

"

Chester

"I'm guessing those "panic buying" all have stories to tell. Reasons for it. I'm not judging. Until they start buying all the wine. Then I'll have words with the fuckers!"

They definitely do have reasons for it; "The supermarkets are closing down and we're all going to starve to death, and while doing it, we will have bad diarrhea."

"Can the folk who are stockpiling please stock up on condoms to prevent you from creating any more idiots.

Love this!"

Pahaha!

North Bucks

I am very reassured that Lager and Prosecco are still in ample supply. If I’m going out to a virus I’m going out tipsy.

By *emma HoldenTV/TS  over a year ago

Ramsey

"No shortage up here. Plenty of loo rolls in Lidl when I was in.

Mind you we don't have any cases of the virus here yet."

We've got NO known cases at all on the Isle of Man either but as I say the supermarkets were well stripped at the weekend. Crazy.

"No shortage up here. Plenty of loo rolls in Lidl when I was in.

Mind you we don't have any cases of the virus here yet.

We've got NO known cases at all on the Isle of Man either but as I say the supermarkets were well stripped at the weekend. Crazy."

My sister lives on the isle of Wight and it's the same although they have had one case.

the wetlands

And how do you do that on the bus and tube? "

No point washing your hands on the bus or the tube as the lepers will cough on you anyway. Just don't pick your nose or chew your nails and duck if somebody coughs

But I’m saying I will have concern for the people I care about who are vulnerable.

Just because I care for people doesn’t mean I’m panic buying? I haven’t bought anything at all. Been away for weeks with work. Using hotel bog roll "

Yep, that's on me. That's second bit was more of a generic rant. It was not aimed at you, especially as you did not mention it and I apologise. I should have made it a separate post. However, the first bit was.

I'm not ignorant to the consequences. I dont talk about family on here but all m_mbers of my immediate family are at risk of death if they contract it whereas I am not. Both a blessing and a curse. But when I say use your common sense and stay clean, I say that as I know that it is best for them and honestly could not give a fuck what others think.

Unless of course you have a medical degree. In which case I will call you and ask for advice.

"

well said

Chester

well said "

Thanks, I'll be here all week.

By *essie.Woman  over a year ago

Serendipity

I haven’t been able to get my usual porridge, has Goldilocks been overbuying or something.

the wetlands

ITALY: lockdown

CHINA: lockdown

DENMARK: lockdown

NORWAY: lockdown

IRELAND: close all schools, cancel mass gatherings

USA: close schools, ban all european flights

BORIS JOHNSON: "Right. Some of you are going to die. NHS are a bit busy, shit happens. OH, and don't forget the happy birthday hand-washing thing. Good luck."

Stole but brilliant!

Bournemouh

Just because I care for people doesn’t mean I’m panic buying? I haven’t bought anything at all. Been away for weeks with work. Using hotel bog roll

Yep, that's on me. That's second bit was more of a generic rant. It was not aimed at you, especially as you did not mention it and I apologise. I should have made it a separate post. However, the first bit was.

I'm not ignorant to the consequences. I dont talk about family on here but all m_mbers of my immediate family are at risk of death if they contract it whereas I am not. Both a blessing and a curse. But when I say use your common sense and stay clean, I say that as I know that it is best for them and honestly could not give a fuck what others think.

Unless of course you have a medical degree. In which case I will call you and ask for advice.

"

Hmm I agree with the second bit. So obviously our wires are crossed somewhere.

My response was to this bit of your text

“it will have little effect on most of the population so why worry?”

My point was I’m worried about the proportion of the population that it does affect. And worrying seems to be getting people practicing better hygiene routines.

Panicking is the problem.

No I don’t have a medical degree and the sarcasm was a tad uncalled for.

I have not panic buy. But if in the shop I brought one or two tins and put away and in 4 weeks I have about two weeks of food in a cupboard but I been slowly buying what I need.i have two soap but I got them weeks ago I have a few bars of soap and a few bog roll should last 4 weeks

Yawn

Chester

"I have not panic buy. But if in the shop I brought one or two tins and put away and in 4 weeks I have about two weeks of food in a cupboard but I been slowly buying what I need.i have two soap but I got them weeks ago I have a few bars of soap and a few bog roll should last 4 weeks"

I'm going to let you off...

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"It doesn’t seem to bad around here but there again we haven’t had anyone confirmed with the virus yet

I’m sure that will all change when someone has "

But according to press reports, there have been suspected cases in Hull & North Lincolnshire at the start of this week, with people in respective regional hospitals.

So, it's closer than you think!

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"Daughter called to say all the people in tescos were complaining there is no pasta.

She took my advice and bought pasta flour and eggs "

See though .... no one ever buys the flour and eggs, they buy the pasta ..... now there’s no flour or eggs .... it’s panic buying and the shops are empty!

Hull

I work in Hotel Management and have heard about some properties (us included) which are rationing 1 loo roll per room.

Industry standard is generally 1 on the holder, + 1 in reserve. But guests are using or nicking both!

We managed last week to get our usual 3 month supply of loo rolls from our suppliers. With rationing, we can hopefully extend it to at least 5 months!

Hopefully?

wigan

"I have not panic buy. But if in the shop I brought one or two tins and put away and in 4 weeks I have about two weeks of food in a cupboard but I been slowly buying what I need.i have two soap but I got them weeks ago I have a few bars of soap and a few bog roll should last 4 weeks"

You bought one or two tins to save.... you don’t normally buy those and I guess the shop may have had a few thousand people come through having a tin or two more, that day.... fuck how did we get through 10000 tins of beans? We normally sell 2000..... oi mr heinz..... we need 8000 more tins of beans daily for each supermarket throughout the country.... what do you mean you can’t supply them? Our shelves will be empty . Any notion of preventing empty shelves just now is bollocks .... there’s a global change in motivation to store, .... I don’t know how everyone lives but should the time come and we have to self isolate.. we may have some pretty wacky meals from the shite that’s in our cupboards but we won’t be too hungry too soon.

wigan

"I work in Hotel Management and have heard about some properties (us included) which are rationing 1 loo roll per room.

Industry standard is generally 1 on the holder, + 1 in reserve. But guests are using or nicking both!

We managed last week to get our usual 3 month supply of loo rolls from our suppliers. With rationing, we can hopefully extend it to at least 5 months!

Hopefully?"

Lol ... you’ve heard about some.... oh ... it s is we’re the ones doing it. Dial 100.... hi it’s Brenda in reception how can I help... you’ve run out of loo roll? I’ll send some up!

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

"If Tescos refills with hand sanitizer I'm going to buy LOADS, and then drop it all off at the local red cross and salvation army xx "

It's great to see kind, unselfish acts x

wigan

"I work in Hotel Management and have heard about some properties (us included) which are rationing 1 loo roll per room.

Hopefully?

Lol ... you’ve heard about some.... oh ... it s is we’re the ones doing it. Dial 100.... hi it’s Brenda in reception how can I help... you’ve run out of loo roll? I’ll send some up! "

Or .... I’m sorry mr Smith you’re going to have to do without.... I don’t know what you’re going to do with your arse!..... but yes blow your nose on the towel.... that’ll keep things just right!

wigan

"If Tescos refills with hand sanitizer I'm going to buy LOADS, and then drop it all off at the local red cross and salvation army xx

It's great to see kind, unselfish acts x"

But I can’t get the one I want then.... so you’re leaving me and my family fucked!? Bravo!

Hull

Hopefully?

Lol ... you’ve heard about some.... oh ... it s is we’re the ones doing it. Dial 100.... hi it’s Brenda in reception how can I help... you’ve run out of loo roll? I’ll send some up! "

If someone needs another roll, we'll supply it. But since we put only a fresh loo roll in each day, there's been a slight drop in stealing.

We've had people trying to prise the loo roll dispensers off the walls in public area toilets. When that failed, people were pulling out yards of the stuff hoping to get away with it! They didn't!

By *_MariusMan  over a year ago

Currently Faraway

I did see some signs of panic buying in our wider area the other evening....90% of the soap bars had gone from the shelves at Morrison’s ...only a couple of liquid hand soaps left...by all means keep clean and disinfect, but you won’t kill the virus by buying 10 packs of soap instead of the standard 1 pack of 4 bars....

I can see why people are getting angry at people’s selfishness but, let’s face it....we are all scared at the moment...some of us more some of us less...we’re dealing with something unknown that European medicine hasn’t equipped itself yet to fight it robustly. And when you have a cunt at No 10 saying that more of us will lose our loved ones before their time.....I can see how people are scared....I just wish that people and their loved ones are safe and healthy

B38

Negative.. I have calmly stocked up weeks ago.. the only people panicking are those who never plan and see empty shelves..

Or those that can afford to do so or struggle to get out! "

Sorry to see you are unwell Lorna x

There are so many vulnerable people, I worry about those who can't afford to buy food, let alone stock up and what will there be left for them. Also those that aren't able to get out and about.

wigan

Hopefully?

Lol ... you’ve heard about some.... oh ... it s is we’re the ones doing it. Dial 100.... hi it’s Brenda in reception how can I help... you’ve run out of loo roll? I’ll send some up!

If someone needs another roll, we'll supply it. But since we put only a fresh loo roll in each day, there's been a slight drop in stealing.

We've had people trying to prise the loo roll dispensers off the walls in public area toilets. When that failed, people were pulling out yards of the stuff hoping to get away with it! They didn't!"

Did you apprehend the villains?

B38

But I can’t get the one I want then.... so you’re leaving me and my family fucked!? Bravo! "

I see what you mean. I don't want to see anyone screwed over. In fact it's a real concern...but still it's a nice thought.

wigan

"I did see some signs of panic buying in our wider area the other evening....90% of the soap bars had gone from the shelves at Morrison’s ...only a couple of liquid hand soaps left...by all means keep clean and disinfect, but you won’t kill the virus by buying 10 packs of soap instead of the standard 1 pack of 4 bars....

I can see why people are getting angry at people’s selfishness but, let’s face it....we are all scared at the moment...some of us more some of us less...we’re dealing with something unknown that European medicine hasn’t equipped itself yet to fight it robustly. And when you have a cunt at No 10 saying that more of us will lose our loved ones before their time.....I can see how people are scared....I just wish that people and their loved ones are safe and healthy "

You’re only seeing the end result of the ‘panic buying’ which doesn’t necessarily exist.... I buy soap bars as I’m not as fussed about shower gels and liquid hand soaps as my wife buys.... if I and the 2000 other people who went through the store bought my 4 pack early, or an extra one just in case .... shelves are empty!

I saw an old lady swipping toilet rolls off the top shelf in a shop today with her stick, because there were no more left.

By *oby le roneMan  over a year ago

Treorchy

I’m not being funny but anyone who lived through the war must be laughing this arses off at the moment. People who went through all sorts of extremes and rationing. And today’s generation can even do without a simple bog roll (when the virus doesn’t even affect your arse) I dread to think what would happen if we had to endure what our grandparents had to. I’m to d*unk to type any more!

By *ucy. AlCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Lots of people up my side of the north are panic buying its ridicules I have to make sure I have soap hand sanitizer detoll ect as I have a disabled son that struggles to clean himself properly and has a lot of accidents but because of stupid people we are struggling to keep him safe and clean

By *inky SpiceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 13/03/20 00:04:16]

By *inky SpiceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I once bought the most disgusting baked beans from Lidl, they were truly inedible, but I still couldn't bring myself to throw them out and waste food. So for years they sat at the back of the cupboard, unwanted, derided and scorned. I was asked why do you keep them? And I joked (kind of) that although they were revolting come the apocalypse we'd be grateful for them!

I moved house a while ago and they were discarded...oh apocalypse beans, where are you now!!

"I once bought the most disgusting baked beans from Lidl, they were truly inedible, but I still couldn't bring myself to throw them out and waste food. So for years they sat at the back of the cupboard, unwanted, derided and scorned. I was asked why do you keep them? And I joked (kind of) that although they were revolting come the apocalypse we'd be grateful for them!

I moved house a while ago and they were discarded...oh apocalypse beans, where are you now!!"

apocalypse beans!

"I saw an old lady swipping toilet rolls off the top shelf in a shop today with her stick, because there were no more left. "

You just watched Mickey? I know you got chest pains mate but ffs you could of helped her out

There are so many vulnerable people, I worry about those who can't afford to buy food, let alone stock up and what will there be left for them. Also those that aren't able to get out and about. "

I transferred some money to my sister today as she's in tricky situation after a relationship break up.

She is waiting for universal credit but has been told there is a backlog.

She told me today she saw a couple of people take pasta out of the foodbank donation bin.

When she told a m_mber of staff, she was told it keeps happening

People are very selfish.

But I can’t get the one I want then.... so you’re leaving me and my family fucked!? Bravo! "

But im assuming you have access to to clean hot water and able to main good hygiene standards.

People who are using salvation army ect probably don't have the same luxury.

B38

There are so many vulnerable people, I worry about those who can't afford to buy food, let alone stock up and what will there be left for them. Also those that aren't able to get out and about.

I transferred some money to my sister today as she's in tricky situation after a relationship break up.

She told me today she saw a couple of people take pasta out of the foodbank donation bin.

People are very selfish. "

People really can be selfish, it's sad to see. At times like this it would be great to see people coming together to help each other.

Chester

People are very selfish.

People really can be selfish, it's sad to see. At times like this it would be great to see people coming together to help each other."

My assumption was that. I assumed we would all come together, but it seems that I was wrong.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"

Just like Christmas bulk shopping.

Chelmsford

Exactly! Have we all stopped caring for the people over 60 that we know, because are the folk they are classing as ‘elderly’

I have two siblings both under 30, both severe asthma sufferers, if they get it they’ll probably die! They both also have small kids dependant on them. But hey fuck em because I’ll be alright

Such a horrible attitude"

Not long ago they were saying 60 is the new 40. You can't have it both ways...

Bournemouh

Such a horrible attitude

Not long ago they were saying 60 is the new 40. You can't have it both ways..."

What are you on about? Who can’t have it both ways?

Makes no sense

I’ve not said 60 is the new 40 I’ve also not said people over 60 are considered elderly. So I’m not ‘wanting it’ either way

wigan

But I can’t get the one I want then.... so you’re leaving me and my family fucked!? Bravo!

But im assuming you have access to to clean hot water and able to main good hygiene standards.

People who are using salvation army ect probably don't have the same luxury.

"

Yes but don’t have mobile means of accessing ...

good rant dad

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

"

Not me.

"I have not panic buy. But if in the shop I brought one or two tins and put away and in 4 weeks I have about two weeks of food in a cupboard but I been slowly buying what I need.i have two soap but I got them weeks ago I have a few bars of soap and a few bog roll should last 4 weeks

You bought one or two tins to save.... you don’t normally buy those and I guess the shop may have had a few thousand people come through having a tin or two more, that day.... fuck how did we get through 10000 tins of beans? We normally sell 2000..... oi mr heinz..... we need 8000 more tins of beans daily for each supermarket throughout the country.... what do you mean you can’t supply them? Our shelves will be empty . Any notion of preventing empty shelves just now is bollocks .... there’s a global change in motivation to store, .... I don’t know how everyone lives but should the time come and we have to self isolate.. we may have some pretty wacky meals from the shite that’s in our cupboards but we won’t be too hungry too soon."

And I love you to

Chester

"good rant dad"

Thanks daughter.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I had to go to 4 or 5 different shops just to get my normal weekly shop... i do always have a bit extra of emergency foods available but yesterday in aldi you would have thought the shops were about to close for a month.

There were people with 2 trolleys full

Nothing wrong with being Totally prepaired

freezers full (all 3)

assortment of food & tins

medications

fuel

ammunition

dog food

all fully stocked up household goods including loo paper

the above isn't panic buying it is simply looking ahead and acting sensibly

I probably have enough for 6 months all except milk

By *ncemoreroundthesunCouple  over a year ago

A town and place not in the UK

The media in the UK is worse than any virus.

House hold burglaries will be a all time high soon!!lol

Bournemouh

Hey hey these old uns aren’t messing about either. My (35yo) boss told me an OAP knocked her down to grab the pack of pasta she had in her hands.

My boss wasn’t pissed. She was actually pretty impressed!

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

Still plenty of loo rolls in Lidl here. No sign of panic.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

in hertfordshire here that has the most cases so genie well and truly out the bottle here.tesco and morrisons are pretty bare of bog roll pasta and rice yet the little independent stires dotted around the town seem to have full shelves.personaly my fridge frezzer and cuboards are full but they are like that all the time so no panic buying for me.as for bogroll if i run out i can always grab a copy of metro from the station on the way home

Chester

I wonder if polski sklep still has stuff on its shelves.

By *ympho6969Woman  over a year ago

glasgow

"I wonder if polski sklep still has stuff on its shelves."

The big supermarkets are a bit bare here but all the local shops are well stocked up in everything. Even the illusive bread and bog roll

Couldn't agree more OP

What is it with bog roll?

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

"What is it with bog roll? "

I would appreciate an answer to this too. I keep seeing people walking away from the shops with big packs of toilet roll.

By *ympho6969Woman  over a year ago

glasgow

"What is it with bog roll? "

toilet roll. You guys don't use that term?

Preston

"What is it with bog roll?

I would appreciate an answer to this too. I keep seeing people walking away from the shops with big packs of toilet roll."

I think what's happened is...someone bought loo roll, then the media told everyone that everyone was buying loo roll (they weren't) so then everyone did buy loo roll because they were terrified that there may not be any left.

And that's how panic buying goes mad!

"

Absolutely this. Unless you're in one of the vulnerable groups (elderly, immuno-suppressed, etc), just carry on as normal, take sensible precautions, and for god's sake, wash your f**king hands!

I don't really understand the whole washing your hands repeatedly I heard of some one washing there hands every 30 minutes to try and avoid the illness if your in your own house and no one in it has It how can you catch it when it isn't there. I live in Derbyshire there is no cases in Derbyshire so how can I catch it so no point repeatedly washing them and while I'm at work my hands are absaloutly filthy because of my job just wash them before I eat same as always

By *elly72Woman  over a year ago

glasgow

Yeah pissed off went to buy toilet roll today and yeah there’s none got 2 disabled people in the house aswell be hosing them down next

Burslem

"I don't really understand the whole washing your hands repeatedly I heard of some one washing there hands every 30 minutes to try and avoid the illness if your in your own house and no one in it has It how can you catch it when it isn't there. I live in Derbyshire there is no cases in Derbyshire so how can I catch it so no point repeatedly washing them and while I'm at work my hands are absaloutly filthy because of my job just wash them before I eat same as always "

If your at home wash your hands as normal. When out and about hand sanitizer every so often and washing hands often is good.

That door handle, the stair rail, toilet handles, toilet flush, tables, everywhere someone touches has potential to contaminate you. Especially if you touch your face a lot or smoke. Eating and drinking too.

Chew your pens? Probably not good idea at the moment. Share the coffee machine at work well those buttons could be contaminated then you pick up your cup.

This is how infections spread and kids spread it like wild fire because they touch everything and aren't the best at hygiene.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It would be a good filtering option, to know who's doing this selfish panic buying. The elderly, possibly fearful of travelling by bus, forced to make multiple trips on foot in the cold, to try to find the meagre bits of shopping that they are desperate for. It's easy for the lazy hoarders cramming all they can into their cars, unlike older people who aren't drivers but are more frail and possibly have disabilities, sight problems etc, living on very low incomes, just trying to get their immediate essentials.

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

"I don't really understand the whole washing your hands repeatedly I heard of some one washing there hands every 30 minutes to try and avoid the illness if your in your own house and no one in it has It how can you catch it when it isn't there. I live in Derbyshire there is no cases in Derbyshire so how can I catch it so no point repeatedly washing them and while I'm at work my hands are absaloutly filthy because of my job just wash them before I eat same as always

If your at home wash your hands as normal. When out and about hand sanitizer every so often and washing hands often is good.

That door handle, the stair rail, toilet handles, toilet flush, tables, everywhere someone touches has potential to contaminate you. Especially if you touch your face a lot or smoke. Eating and drinking too.

Chew your pens? Probably not good idea at the moment. Share the coffee machine at work well those buttons could be contaminated then you pick up your cup.

This is how infections spread and kids spread it like wild fire because they touch everything and aren't the best at hygiene."

Schools are stunning incubators for any bacteria/virus.

With the GCSE season approaching, will be interesting to see how the government and Ed react.

"I don't really understand the whole washing your hands repeatedly I heard of some one washing there hands every 30 minutes to try and avoid the illness if your in your own house and no one in it has It how can you catch it when it isn't there. I live in Derbyshire there is no cases in Derbyshire so how can I catch it so no point repeatedly washing them and while I'm at work my hands are absaloutly filthy because of my job just wash them before I eat same as always

This is how infections spread and kids spread it like wild fire because they touch everything and aren't the best at hygiene."

It is hard to change what you usually do sometimes though. I went to pick up my new car today and it was really odd not shaking hands with the man who had dealt with it all for me! I had to use the loo there and I washed my hands more than usual then opened the door to get out with my elbow!

Burslem

This is how infections spread and kids spread it like wild fire because they touch everything and aren't the best at hygiene.

It is hard to change what you usually do sometimes though. I went to pick up my new car today and it was really odd not shaking hands with the man who had dealt with it all for me! I had to use the loo there and I washed my hands more than usual then opened the door to get out with my elbow! "

For years I've used my pinky finger to open doors and such and push doors with the wrist, since its the least used finger when considering of grasping things and to eat. Luckily I'm not a nail biter I get catch every bug going due to my slack immune system.

I have enough hand sanitizer from work over the years that it seems I’m fine

Sb

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"I have not seen anyone panic buy.. it's a myth.. people who plan and have self awareness are simply working on their planning..

."

With all due respect Tom you have been panicking since day 1 of coronavirus.

Chelmsford

"I have not seen anyone panic buy.. it's a myth.. people who plan and have self awareness are simply working on their planning..

With all due respect Tom you have been panicking since day 1 of coronavirus."

No.. just wanted to raise awareness.. some agreed.. some disagreed.. those who disagreed are without toilet roll..

."

They aren't panic buying as they can't buy anything a poor old man in my local shop today couldn't buy half his shopping list it's very sad I'm not in a, financial situation I could bulk buy only reason I'm OK for loo roll is I order online a few weeks back and just did a repeat order last week so another 24 loo rolls arrived but there are 6 ppl in my house won't last to long

Chelmsford

The quick and the hungry

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"The quick and the hungry"

The quick and the greedy would be more appropriate.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

Went shopping earlier and the aisles were empty ...We came away with hardly anything ...Some people only think of themselves..

Chelmsford

"Nothing wrong with being Totally prepaired

freezers full (all 3)

assortment of food & tins

medications

fuel

ammunition

dog food

all fully stocked up household goods including loo paper

the above isn't panic buying it is simply looking ahead and acting sensibly

I probably have enough for 6 months all except milk

"

Can you still get Marvel powdered milk...that might be the final piece in the jigsaw

Chelmsford

"The quick and the hungry

The quick and the greedy would be more appropriate."

And the greedy will inherit the earth

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"

You might kill your elderly neighbour with your act of kindness by taking the virus to them that they've been happily avoiding

It's a dilemma for sure

By *oudLoutishLoverWoman  over a year ago

Colchester

I bet the inventor of hand sanitiser is rubbing his hands together.....

"I bet the inventor of hand sanitiser is rubbing his hands together....."

Haha

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

He's really going to clean up

By *untimes6969Man  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Oh without a doubt!!

Panic buying just causes more issues both short term and long term - you'd have thought people would know better but obviously not! Now it's got everyone going, once it starts it's hard to stop!

Just show you how fragile our whole world and infrastructure is and as such this situation isn't that bad - it may well worse but not to the degree of people fighting over a trolley of toilet paper!!

North Bucks

Boom Boom

Burslem

[Removed by poster at 14/03/20 14:54:05]

Burslem

Friend posted a pic earlier at asda with a trolley filled with nearly £900 of baby milk

Chelmsford

"Friend posted a pic earlier at asda with a trolley filled with nearly £900 of baby milk "

Perhaps it was a worker restocking the shelves ?

"Friend posted a pic earlier at asda with a trolley filled with nearly £900 of baby milk "

I have friend that posted on Facebook earlier he'd tried multiple supermarkets and couldn't find any. Also a similar story with scalpel.

People are fucking selfish

Burslem

"Friend posted a pic earlier at asda with a trolley filled with nearly £900 of baby milk

Perhaps it was a worker restocking the shelves ?"

It was post checkout how they knew how much the person spent.

Chelmsford

"Friend posted a pic earlier at asda with a trolley filled with nearly £900 of baby milk

I have friend that posted on Facebook earlier he'd tried multiple supermarkets and couldn't find any. Also a similar story with scalpel.

People are fucking selfish"

People are prepared ..

Chelmsford

Perhaps it was a worker restocking the shelves ?

It was post checkout how they knew how much the person spent."

I would be pissed off if I was her...

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

People are so selfish ...My daughter is struggling to get baby formula calpol and nappies ....We went shopping today and went to 2 supermarkets and the aisles were bare ...Its getting ridiculous

Just to cheer people up here is a relevant joke...

My next door neighbour has just bought an Audi, a Toyota and 2 BMW's.

I think he's got car owner virus.

But on a serious note, it's purely media they second they say it dont exist everyone will be back to their normal selves.

I have friend that posted on Facebook earlier he'd tried multiple supermarkets and couldn't find any. Also a similar story with calpol.

People are prepared .."

Theres being prepared and there's being selfish.

Last month it was all "be kind" but now society is back to its usual 'I'm alright so fuck the rest of you' mantra

Just rem_mbered, our local Spar shop usually offer a free copy of the Sun, on a Sunday. That'll do, if I run out of bog roll

"

Well said

I refuse to panic buy anything, we could still be weeks away from a lockdown

"

Sent you a picture I know you'd appreciate

wigan

I have friend that posted on Facebook earlier he'd tried multiple supermarkets and couldn't find any. Also a similar story with calpol.

People are prepared ..

Last month it was all "be kind" but now society is back to its usual 'I'm alright so fuck the rest of you' mantra

"

I sort of disagree .... haven’t panic bought, normally shop daily, have today and there’s plenty of food, though no pasta no rice ... I bought a few days worth of meals ... probably 3 days... because I don’t want to have to go into the supermarket... less visits for me is better. I’ve changed the way I shop, not drastically, but different... for those that have bought products, maybe against the norm, are they not just being protective? Like me wanting to make less trips? Buying paracetamol when they normally wouldn’t because they may need it? Am I “prepared” fuck no .... I feel woefully inadequate in not being able to defend my family.... am I selfish... I don’t think so but give me a way to keep my family from this ... I’ll walk over you to get it !

People are prepared ..

I sort of disagree .... haven’t panic bought, normally shop daily, have today and there’s plenty of food, though no pasta no rice ... I bought a few days worth of meals ... probably 3 days... because I don’t want to have to go into the supermarket... less visits for me is better. I’ve changed the way I shop, not drastically, but different... for those that have bought products, maybe against the norm, are they not just being protective? Like me wanting to make less trips? Buying paracetamol when they normally wouldn’t because they may need it? Am I “prepared” fuck no .... I feel woefully inadequate in not being able to defend my family.... am I selfish... I don’t think so but give me a way to keep my family from this ... I’ll walk over you to get it ! "

Damn right. They come first, always have always will. Nothing I wouldn’t do to protect my own. Everyone and everything comes second. Call me want you want for that!

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

It is absoloutely ridiculous. No need for panic buying. If people just bought as and when they need then there would be enough for everyone.

It's all become a 'stuff you Jack, I'm alright attitude'.

So much for the mental health attitude everyone had a few weeks ago of being kind to others!

By *oruseandabuseCouple  over a year ago

chichester

In my supermarket the shelves containing Coca-Cola and beer were all empty. And the vodka had all gone. The wine was still in plentiful supply.

Gives you a good picture of who in our society are the selfish ones....

"

nice thought but the greedy ones aren't going to admit to it

wigan

"In my supermarket the shelves containing Coca-Cola and beer were all empty. And the vodka had all gone. The wine was still in plentiful supply.

Gives you a good picture of who in our society are the selfish ones...."

I bought vodka and cola today.... in £37 of shopping.... I’m confused as to the link.... is it because I like vodka and ? Please give me an idea the picture you have of me!

the wetlands

"In my supermarket the shelves containing Coca-Cola and beer were all empty. And the vodka had all gone. The wine was still in plentiful supply.

I bought vodka and cola today.... in £37 of shopping.... I’m confused as to the link.... is it because I like vodka and ? Please give me an idea the picture you have of me! "

I guess the snobby cunts are still at work then

NOTE #sarcasm NOTE

the wetlands

"My goodness, we might have to ration and make do! Actually make our own bread and stuff. Will have to google recipes. Such hardship!

"

If you find the recipe for pasta and bog roll can you please send it to us

Only 9 and half month shopping days to the big day

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I bought vodka and cola today.... in £37 of shopping.... I’m confused as to the link.... is it because I like vodka and ? Please give me an idea the picture you have of me! "

You're from Wigan. That's all that we need to say *Scarpers and hides*

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Gives you a good picture of who in our society are the selfish ones...."

Yikes. What a weird bit of snobbery.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Can’t say I’ve seen people with trollies piled high but some of the shelves are empty of certain things, maybe people are not panic buying to stock up but trying not to have to go back to the shops in a hurry??