FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Supposed to be going to Amsterdam tomorrow!

Supposed to be going to Amsterdam tomorrow!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

But been reading the government website that advises only essential trips.

It’s still not on the list of countries to avoid though so dunno if we’ll get our money back, I paid with my debit card not a credit card so I don’t have protection on my purchases like a credit card does.

Supposed to be flying at 17:25 tomorrow, one of my friends said she doesn’t want to go but the other one still want to. Fucking dunno what to do like.

Online it’s saying people that have been through schiphol airport and showing signs of the virus are being urged to self isolate as its likely you could have come into contact with someone carrying the virus at the airport.

I have to be around someone with multiple sclerosis 10 hours a week for work and then the prison said they wouldn’t want to risk me coming in there either.

I’m gonna have to cancel it aren’t I? Don’t think my high immunity from licking bum hole germs is gonna make me immune from picking anything up.

What would you lot do?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wouldnt go until this was over, as you might not come home if they close airports the flu might last for 2 months more as it is just under the cold months.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"But been reading the government website that advises only essential trips.

It’s still not on the list of countries to avoid though so dunno if we’ll get our money back, I paid with my debit card not a credit card so I don’t have protection on my purchases like a credit card does.

Supposed to be flying at 17:25 tomorrow, one of my friends said she doesn’t want to go but the other one still want to. Fucking dunno what to do like.

Online it’s saying people that have been through schiphol airport and showing signs of the virus are being urged to self isolate as its likely you could have come into contact with someone carrying the virus at the airport.

I have to be around someone with multiple sclerosis 10 hours a week for work and then the prison said they wouldn’t want to risk me coming in there either.

I’m gonna have to cancel it aren’t I? Don’t think my high immunity from licking bum hole germs is gonna make me immune from picking anything up.

What would you lot do?"

I would still go, taking extra precautions.

I would go.

My suitcase is packed and I’m basically ready to go.

I’ve got a child though and can’t risk being stuck over there if they do anything with flights. It’s only Friday to Sunday.

I’m talking myself out of it, it’s not worth putting myself at extra risk, can always go later in the year I suppose.

Talking to the hotel tomorrow to see if they will refund the room. The flights weren’t that expensive so not arsed about them.

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

"My suitcase is packed and I’m basically ready to go.

I’ve got a child though and can’t risk being stuck over there if they do anything with flights. It’s only Friday to Sunday.

I’m talking myself out of it, it’s not worth putting myself at extra risk, can always go later in the year I suppose.

Talking to the hotel tomorrow to see if they will refund the room. The flights weren’t that expensive so not arsed about them. "

Gutted for you! I know how much I’d look forward to something like that but - as you said - if you fly out but can’t get home to your daughter it’d be awful!

Where supposed to be going to Amsterdam on the 26th March, unless we're physically stopped by authorities from going we're on that plane and we'll make the most of it. All this is ridiculous but you have to make your own decisions. We feel your pain as we don't think we'll make it either. Crazy stuff!

By *inky SpiceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

It's pointless asking people what they would do as everyone is a hero when they don't actually have anything to lose. You know the potential risks to your situation more than anyone else does and only you can decide if a weekend away is worth losing work over or being separated from your child.

here

Talking to the hotel tomorrow to see if they will refund the room. The flights weren’t that expensive so not arsed about them.

Gutted for you! I know how much I’d look forward to something like that but - as you said - if you fly out but can’t get home to your daughter it’d be awful! "

Listening to the experts press briefing this afternoon I would say flight restrictions are some time away...

We’re checking daily our flights to Berlin for next month. My sons competition has been cancelled but because we didn’t book it as part of a package we can’t cancel. X

Yeah I’m not gonna risk it, one of the girls already said she ain’t going.

Ahh bit gutted now. Hopefully get our money back.

here

"Yeah I’m not gonna risk it, one of the girls already said she ain’t going.

Ahh bit gutted now. Hopefully get our money back. "

As much chance of picking it up here in U.K. than in Amsterdam ... only difference is you are missing out and the financial loss (airline refund is unlikely)

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

On the BBC website it says that many of Amsterdam tourist attractions are closing op.

By *abasaurus RexMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I’d have cancelled too in your circumstances.

I’m still waiting until closer to the time to make a call on my snowboarding trip in ten days time...

Just been through Schiphol there are no restrictions, I presume you are going for just a cpl of days so it's highly unlikely that you would not be able to get back. Got to live your life so go.

By *essie.Woman  over a year ago

Serendipity

Can’t you reschedule rather than just cancel ?

By *ecks74Woman  over a year ago

wrexham

I would still go. I’m going to Thailand 2 weeks tomorrow for 3 weeks and I have to work from

Home for 2 weeks when I get back. Bit of a pain in the arse but Be worth it x

By *ickygirl41Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Gutted for you! I know how much I’d look forward to something like that but - as you said - if you fly out but can’t get home to your daughter it’d be awful!

Listening to the experts press briefing this afternoon I would say flight restrictions are some time away... "

If the spike hits too soon then about 3 weeks, if check test advise and closing down events schools etc slows increase rapidly enough it may not be necessary until the second spike in sept/oct

By *hedevilKTWoman  over a year ago

milton keynes

All fine ppl giving advice but if I had child I wouldn’t risk it

As much chance of picking it up here in U.K. than in Amsterdam ... only difference is you are missing out and the financial loss (airline refund is unlikely)"

It's not the same. If she tests positive out there she wont be allowed to travel home.

I wouldn't want to have to self isolate abroad.

here

As much chance of picking it up here in U.K. than in Amsterdam ... only difference is you are missing out and the financial loss (airline refund is unlikely)

It's not the same. If she tests positive out there she wont be allowed to travel home.

I wouldn't want to have to self isolate abroad. "

Are they testing everyone at schipol?

"

Who knows. And even if they are not now these things are changing daily.

I would make the same decision as the OP.

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

"All fine ppl giving advice but if I had child I wouldn’t risk it "

I was going to say the same. I’d have suggested you go until you said you had to get back for your child. It’s not worth taking the risk.

Hope you have a good weekend some other way

here

I would make the same decision as the OP. "

The experts are not suggesting they are suddenly going to do things differently to what they are doing at the moment

Flight restrictions will happen before mass testing at airports - and that isn’t going to suddenly happen in the space of 48hours

Listen to what the experts are saying

"But been reading the government website that advises only essential trips.

What would you lot do?"

Brush your teeth and gargle mouthwash for starters..

By *uff the Boner!Man  over a year ago

SWANSEA

Dont go.it's only money vulnerable people are very susceptible to this it's that serious. People don't realise how much of a threat it is. It's not just a Flu it's a Pandemic one, very dangerous to people with underlying conditions. Fit people no prob, but we can pass it on. Now is the time to stop.

Personally I wouldn’t go

N x

By *randmrsmanchesterCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

We should have been going to Prague soon but Chezch republic have stopped flights entering from the UK so that's not going to happen now..

Yeah we’ve already decided we’re not going. My other friend also has a child and she said yesterday she’s not going.

It’s not worth the extra risk. I know I could pick it up here but my chances are increased by being in a busy airport, being on a plane where the air is recycled around, if it was me on my own I would like my other friend doesn’t have kids but she still wants to go.

I have responsibilities.

here

"Yeah we’ve already decided we’re not going. My other friend also has a child and she said yesterday she’s not going.

It’s not worth the extra risk. I know I could pick it up here but my chances are increased by being in a busy airport, being on a plane where the air is recycled around, if it was me on my own I would like my other friend doesn’t have kids but she still wants to go.

I have responsibilities. "

I know you’ve made your decision and that’s what you feel comfortable with .

Other than to say some of the points you mention above aren’t connected with how you may pick up the virus

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Think you have done the right thing you have other responsibilities.

I’m still going to stick to the travel plans I have this year including the Far East unless it gets taken out of my hands with travel restrictions. But then it’s just a couple of lads travelling about with no real ties.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I wouldn't go either. The advice seems to be changing daily. It'd be awful if you get there then they decide not to allow any flights in/out for x amount of days.

By *rSteve6Man  over a year ago

Bolton and Pattaya,Thailand

"Yeah we’ve already decided we’re not going. My other friend also has a child and she said yesterday she’s not going.

Wise decision. I live in Thailand and we're kept very much in the dark here by a government that is losing money by low tourism,especially from the Chinese.

"Think you have done the right thing you have other responsibilities.

I’m still going to stick to the travel plans I have this year including the Far East unless it gets taken out of my hands with travel restrictions. But then it’s just a couple of lads travelling about with no real ties. "

My auntie was supposed to be going to Korea in April and they’ve cancelled her flights and refunded her. My cousin lives out there and his Korean wife has just had a baby.

My friends just sent me email confirmation that the hotel is refunding us. Not sure about the flights though

Wash your hands and stop looking for answers on a swingers forum?

Aside from that maybe have a think about people who have lost their lives/loved ones.

I'd be the same ... plenty of time to go there again!

"

No they are not screening travelers at Schiphol, (unless it's a flight from a high risk area) well not that I had seen, just passed through Schiphol.

"Wash your hands and stop looking for answers on a swingers forum?

Aside from that maybe have a think about people who have lost their lives/loved ones.

"

FYI I have people I’ve spoken to for many years on here so if I want to ask them something I will.

Also thinking of people that have lost their lives is kind of the reason why I’m cancelling it and was asking advice in the first place.

"

Jeez... get down off your PC soap box, she can ask what she likes can't she?

Leave it until the summer when you can all go together

The experts are not suggesting they are suddenly going to do things differently to what they are doing at the moment

Flight restrictions will happen before mass testing at airports - and that isn’t going to suddenly happen in the space of 48hours

Listen to what the experts are saying "

And they are saying only travel if its essential.

We are all going to suffer disruption to our lives for a while but it's a price worth paying to help nip this in the bud.

here

Listen to what the experts are saying

And they are saying only travel if its essential.

We are all going to suffer disruption to our lives for a while but it's a price worth paying to help nip this in the bud. "

That’s not the current advice for travel to the Netherlands

By *ounds like funCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Were going on the 3rd April. If they try stopping us, you will see us running down the runway, flapping our arms.

Look at this way if you get there and develop the symptoms can you afford to be self isolated for two weeks or if they lockdown while there have you place to stay and money to keep you going? If not I'd be staying at home

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Go just be extra careful.

I’d go...The dutch are much more chilled than here, they prob sitting back eating hash cakes laughing at all the English fighting over pasta

Then go to The Bulldog for a nice English fry up & a shmoke

By *ickygirl41Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"

Wee bit of a cunty response mebbe dude?

Draw back, be kinder.

Just go

"Just go"

If it was just me then I would and if I could 100% guaranty that I could go today and be home Sunday and not have to self isolate myself for two weeks after that then I would.

But I’ve got a child to think about.

It is exposing myself to more risks and it’s just not worth it in my eyes.

I personally don’t believe all the crap in the media it’s just covering up some scandal they don’t want us to know about

"Just go

If it was just me then I would and if I could 100% guaranty that I could go today and be home Sunday and not have to self isolate myself for two weeks after that then I would.

It is exposing myself to more risks and it’s just not worth it in my eyes. "

You’re absolutely doing the right thing by not travelling. Disappointing, but you can go again.

"Just go

It is exposing myself to more risks and it’s just not worth it in my eyes. "

Ah in that case...you can’t! Better to be sensible for your little one

here

"Just go

You’re absolutely doing the right thing by not travelling. Disappointing, but you can go again. "

Ireland in the World Cup final .... same reply ??

"I personally don’t believe all the crap in the media it’s just covering up some scandal they don’t want us to know about "

Alrighty then.

Live ur life people while u can who knows what’s round the corner and stop worrying about the crap the media churns out

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Live ur life people while u can who knows what’s round the corner and stop worrying about the crap the media churns out "

People are living their lives.

Most of us are living them with regard to those we care for. My parents are in their 90s it would be extremely irresponsible of me to carry on as normal.

And I’m caring for people who just come out of hospital so I just can’t stop doing what I do and isolating myself just in case, those people would die without help

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"And I’m caring for people who just come out of hospital so I just can’t stop doing what I do and isolating myself just in case, those people would die without help"

I don't think anyone has suggested that you put yourself in isolation

I mean anyone. I’m worried people are panicking and going into isolation unnecessarily and leaving the most vulnerable, vulnerable/ I hope the world goes back to normality soon

By *CLeedsCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

We were there last weekend. I didn't see any evidence of closures or additional checks. Honestly, I don't think we would have gone this weekend had the timings worked out that little bit different.

We have three kids and the idea of being trapped away from them, or them getting sick while we were out of the country is really horrible.

By *nnocentimesMan  over a year ago

over there by that tree

I would still go until they close the boarders etc, I’ve got 10 days away planned in France over easter - slightly concerned this will get cancelled last minute.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

You have to make your own choice and how it would affect you

Personally I’m currently away and I was only not going to go unless the government told me to or the airline said no flights. Got something booked in the UK for three weeks time, I still intend to go unless told otherwise. Take the necessary precautions but still got to get on with life

I'd go, life goes on

"Just go

You’re absolutely doing the right thing by not travelling. Disappointing, but you can go again.

Ireland in the World Cup final .... same reply ??"

Bite me!

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I would have still gone. Amsterdam they arent warning against going to..

here

How did you get on with a refund for the flights?

By *asterandGenieCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Just came back and heard rumours borders in Holland are going to be closing in the next week

Gatherings over 100 are cancelled and museums etc... but typical stuff coffee shops etc ... all open for now

» Add a new message to this topic