FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hand dryers

Hand dryers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I heard that toilet hand dryers are full of foecal particles and every time they're used said particles are sprayed over your hands and into the air. Is this true?

Think i'll stop washing my hands, at least then i'll know who the shit belongs to.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I wouldn't have thought so. You don't make contact with the area that could spew such things out so how would it get there in the first place? It could just as readily be anywhere else in the room.

What is the source of information?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Its a common misconception. Some of the bacteria in your shit can be found on almost any surface you come across

By *urvyandCurious999Woman  over a year ago

Hiding from twats

Don't know about the faecal particles, but paper towels are more hygienic than hand dryers. Although if you've washed your hands properly then there shouldn't be any faecal particles or anything else to get blown around.

By *nnocentimesMan  over a year ago

over there by that tree

Another thing learnt today - a blowie in the gents is not always sexual

"I wouldn't have thought so. You don't make contact with the area that could spew such things out so how would it get there in the first place? It could just as readily be anywhere else in the room.

What is the source of information? "

A paper published in Applied and Environmental Microbiology following a study by Connecticut University. It's also been noted in previous studies, apparently the higher powered dryers like Dyson are the worst culprits.

It's why we put the lid down before we flush! The bacteria can be found all over the bathroom to be honest and hand paper towels are way healthy than dryers

"Don't know about the faecal particles, but paper towels are more hygienic than hand dryers. Although if you've washed your hands properly then there shouldn't be any faecal particles or anything else to get blown around. "

Foecal matter is thrown into the air whenever a toilet is flushed, the dryers suck the particles in where they collect.

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

I read that as long as you wash your hands properly then the risk from high powered dryers is low and they tend to blow the water particles away from your face. I did once read an article that said if you have not washed your hands properly that bacteria can be spread as it is then airborn.

I do not have a source for that article however but hope it helps. I know that most people wash their hands after using the toilet. I wash before and after as I don't want the risk of spreading bacteria from my own hands to my genitals..

These dyson ones you don't have to touch are ok

"These dyson ones you don't have to touch are ok "

No they're not.

"These dyson ones you don't have to touch are ok

No they're not. "

Ohhhh yes they are!

It’s to do with the air intake - the dryer will suck in the air around it, heat it then blast it. If it sucks in shit then it’ll blast it too.

Old Dyson dryers had intakes at the base but newer ones have them higher up to mitigate this, I think.

It’s all pointless if there’s a door to open after drying your hands anyway. God knows what’s on that...

"These dyson ones you don't have to touch are ok

No they're not.

Ohhhh yes they are! "

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

"It's why we put the lid down before we flush! The bacteria can be found all over the bathroom to be honest and hand paper towels are way healthy than dryers "

I heard on MyGramTwitBookReunited that the Government is considering only allowing the use of toilet roll for women and children.

How is this not considered sexist!

#mepoo

"I wouldn't have thought so. You don't make contact with the area that could spew such things out so how would it get there in the first place? It could just as readily be anywhere else in the room.

What is the source of information? "

Someone’s arse

People do realise we need a certain amount of germs in us to create antibodies? People's immune systems will be screwed soon.

What is the source of information?

Someone’s arse "

"People do realise we need a certain amount of germs in us to create antibodies? People's immune systems will be screwed soon. "

That's already happening.

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

"It’s to do with the air intake - the dryer will suck in the air around it, heat it then blast it. If it sucks in shit then it’ll blast it too.

Old Dyson dryers had intakes at the base but newer ones have them higher up to mitigate this, I think.

It’s all pointless if there’s a door to open after drying your hands anyway. God knows what’s on that..."

I always wear extra long sleeves or use a paper hankie in order to avoid touching the door handles

"These dyson ones you don't have to touch are ok "

They are the worst urinals I've ever used!

By *he Little Fuck MachineMan  over a year ago

Co.Antrim

All I can think of is Mr.Bean

» Add a new message to this topic