FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > 133!!

133!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

People have died with the coronavirus in Italy in the last 24hours!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yep. They are taking quite serious steps to try and contain the spread.

By *annyT1966Man  over a year ago

Derwentside

The key to that statement is WITH the Corona virus not DUE TO or BECAUSE. The huge majority of deaths are of people with underlying health issues. Tell the truth, a common cold may well have killed them.

"Yep. They are taking quite serious steps to try and contain the spread. "

Sounds very serious 133!

"The key to that statement is WITH the Corona virus not DUE TO or BECAUSE. The huge majority of deaths are of people with underlying health issues. Tell the truth, a common cold may well have killed them.

"

133 people dead in a day though.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"The key to that statement is WITH the Corona virus not DUE TO or BECAUSE. The huge majority of deaths are of people with underlying health issues. Tell the truth, a common cold may well have killed them.

"

They have died from covid19.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Yep. They are taking quite serious steps to try and contain the spread.

Sounds very serious 133!"

I think it's important to keep a cool head. It is serious and the news reports coming from the hospitals in Italy look quite bad but remember most people who get it will have mild symptoms only.

They have died from covid19. "

By *atBottomGirlsWoman  over a year ago

St Austell-ish

[Removed by poster at 08/03/20 23:19:14]

St Austell-ish

Damn, and as of Jan 2020, 240+ have died of the regular flu. Shame.

"Damn, and as of Jan 2020, 240+ have died of the regular flu. Shame."

What just in Italy or are you talking worldwide.

How many of them were in a 24hour period.

St Austell-ish

"Damn, and as of Jan 2020, 240+ have died of the regular flu. Shame.

What just in Italy or are you talking worldwide.

How many of them were in a 24hour period. "

Just in Italy.

Not 24 hours, but hell. Do you seriously believe the rates? I'ts not nearly as bad as bubonic plague. I think most of us will live.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I’m trying very hard not to panic. But actually i’m very worried about my mum who isn’t in the best of shape right now, and who has underlying health issues when she is in good shape.

Also, what if we have underlying health conditions that are as yet undiagnosed and so think we are going to be ok?

See. I feel in danger of becoming that hysterical woman in the film Airplane where everyone takes it in turns to slap her so she calms down.

St Austell-ish

"I’m trying very hard not to panic. But actually i’m very worried about my mum who isn’t in the best of shape right now, and who has underlying health issues when she is in good shape.

Also, what if we have underlying health conditions that are as yet undiagnosed and so think we are going to be ok?

See. I feel in danger of becoming that hysterical woman in the film Airplane where everyone takes it in turns to slap her so she calms down."

Did she get the general flu shot?

More to be worried about from that.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ugh! Death comes, doesn't matter how or even when. I don't particularly want to die yet... I don't really fancy the flu that much. I'll do what I can to prevent it but I am not going to stop living, just incase. If I get it, I get it. If I die, so be it. I am bored of hearing about how bad it is when people do things or ignore things that are way more dangerous.

"I’m trying very hard not to panic. But actually i’m very worried about my mum who isn’t in the best of shape right now, and who has underlying health issues when she is in good shape.

See. I feel in danger of becoming that hysterical woman in the film Airplane where everyone takes it in turns to slap her so she calms down."

I know the feeling

Somebody in Wolverhampton has it.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

See. I feel in danger of becoming that hysterical woman in the film Airplane where everyone takes it in turns to slap her so she calms down.

Did she get the general flu shot?

More to be worried about from that."

She did. She’s had her pneumonia shot a few years back too after she was Hospitalised with it.

"Ugh! Death comes, doesn't matter how or even when. I don't particularly want to die yet... I don't really fancy the flu that much. I'll do what I can to prevent it but I am not going to stop living, just incase. If I get it, I get it. If I die, so be it. I am bored of hearing about how bad it is when people do things or ignore things that are way more dangerous. "

I agree totally

I'm feeling the same. My mum's just been discharged from hospital because of severe pneumonia, for the second time in a year. Doctors had told her she'll have about a three month recovery period so it's worrying that's she's so vulnerable. I'm not personally concerned about getting it as I'm healthy, but I don't like people being too flippant and risking others' health by not at least acknowledging there's a responsibility on us all to follow guidelines and try not contribute to it spreading to more at risk people. Not to panic, just to be aware that it's not about being scared of catching the sniffles but potentially contributing to spreading something to people who can't withstand it

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

And another 1200 confirmed cases in 24 hours!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't think there's any need to be overly concerned individually but I think we all need to be responsible and consider people who might be compromised if they get it. My parents are in their 90s both with underlying health conditions. I notice a huge and almost flippant lack of compassion in the attitude expressed by many that its OK because its only the elderly who die.

The other point that many are missing is that we're trying to slow the epidemic wave down to enable the NHS to cope with the increase in demand for critical beds *in addition * to those required for seasonal flu sufferers etc.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

People dieing is shit yes, we all (well most) know that. But people need to stop focusing so much on it which is doing nobody any good. Do what you can to limit their expose to getting it. As I've said on other threads, I'm in the at risk catagory, taking precautions is nothing new.

Roughly in the time there have been 300-400 deaths (worldwide) there have been roughly 6000 recovered.

~109,840 total confirmed infected (since it started - probably more that have gone unrecorded or unnoticed)

~60,695 total recovered (that we know of, likely be many more)

~3,803 total confirmed deaths (maybe more but death count is more accurate).

Keep safe those with health issues and the elderly as much as you can but don't let the death count dominate the whole thing.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"People dieing is shit yes, we all (well most) know that. But people need to stop focusing so much on it which is doing nobody any good. Do what you can to limit their expose to getting it. As I've said on other threads, I'm in the at risk catagory, taking precautions is nothing new.

Roughly in the time there have been 300-400 deaths (worldwide) there have been roughly 6000 recovered.

~109,840 total confirmed infected (since it started - probably more that have gone unrecorded or unnoticed)

~60,695 total recovered (that we know of, likely be many more)

~3,803 total confirmed deaths (maybe more but death count is more accurate).

Keep safe those with health issues and the elderly as much as you can but don't let the death count dominate the whole thing. "

This, if people act responsibly and try to limit exposure to more vulnerable people, and manage to do it in a calm and dignified manner, we will be able to slow down the spread and maybe eventually it will burn itself out as more of the population build up limited immunity against it.

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

I don’t think I’ll be having my holiday in Italy this year

» Add a new message to this topic