FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Should there be mire freedom of speach

Should there be mire freedom of speach

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

You should be able to have debate about anything if its your view nd you can debate it with evidence experience opinion or beliefe then you should be able to debate anything

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *elshkinkyMan  over a year ago

south wales

Nope... if your opinion spreads hate then nope nope and nope... if it’s about your preference over medium or thick sliced bread then yes

By *uke OzadeMan  over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

"You should be able to have debate about anything if its your view nd you can debate it with evidence experience opinion or beliefe then you should be able to debate anything"

There enough mire as it is what with Brexit and Coronavirus etc

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

With evidence yes,but some things are politically sensitive. X

Hang on mate it’s not like we live in a democratic state you know

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

What is it you'd like to debate that you feel unable to at the moment?

"Nope... if your opinion spreads hate then nope nope and nope... if it’s about your preference over medium or thick sliced bread then yes "

Surely if people reach hate whn discussing something then they should not be involved thats why we have adults and children that is a metaphor

"What is it you'd like to debate that you feel unable to at the moment? "

Ive tried to discuss spmething and its not been appreciated so Ive realised the discussion must be the abilty to discuss something

"With evidence yes,but some things are politically sensitive. X"

I think your talking about the truth thectruth hurts some people carnt take the truth but im talking about debating anything

south wales

"With evidence yes,but some things are politically sensitive. X

I think your talking about the truth thectruth hurts some people carnt take the truth but im talking about debating anything "

Ok ... say you want to talk about immigration... and please don’t... you’ll have some very broad opinions ranging from hate to apathy....

And just to clarify ... please don’t

You should be able to talk about anything ..I think the problem is that metaphorically speaking kids are in power nd if they hear something they carnt stand they ban it rather than letting the adults debate it

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

"You should be able to talk about anything ..I think the problem is that metaphorically speaking kids are in power nd if they hear something they carnt stand they ban it rather than letting the adults debate it "
what makes you say we can’t talk about anything

south wales

"You should be able to talk about anything ..I think the problem is that metaphorically speaking kids are in power nd if they hear something they carnt stand they ban it rather than letting the adults debate it "

Unfortunately a lot of adults are incapable of reasoned debate

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

To answer the original question, yes there should be more freedom of speech.

"You should be able to talk about anything ..I think the problem is that metaphorically speaking kids are in power nd if they hear something they carnt stand they ban it rather than letting the adults debate it what makes you say we can’t talk about anything "

Its clear people carnt talk about things ..there should be rooms on here where you can talk about anything as long as its your opinion through facts or experience or belief without being band from forums

"To answer the original question, yes there should be more freedom of speech. "

Scandium .. bravo an adult at last

darlington

"You should be able to talk about anything ..I think the problem is that metaphorically speaking kids are in power nd if they hear something they carnt stand they ban it rather than letting the adults debate it what makes you say we can’t talk about anything

Its clear people carnt talk about things ..there should be rooms on here where you can talk about anything as long as its your opinion through facts or experience or belief without being band from forums "

what can’t we talk about?

By *atBottomGirlsWoman  over a year ago

St Austell-ish

"To answer the original question, yes there should be more freedom of speech. "

As long as it doesn't inspire hate. YES.

I've been in an abortion debate tonight with some guy. He seems to think that scripture is the end all be all.

I tend to believe that NO woman goes out thinking "yes, I'm feeling fertile, I think I'll go out tonight with the sole purpose of getting pregnant so I can have an abortion, it's been on my bucket list all of my life."

Free speech, he's entitled to think abortion is wrong, no matter what, and say that.

Free speech, I tend to think I have the right to say you have no fucking idea.

south wales

So now we are debating the ability to debate OP lol

"To answer the original question, yes there should be more freedom of speech.

I've been in an abortion debate tonight with some guy. He seems to think that scripture is the end all be all.

I tend to believe that NO woman goes out thinking "yes, I'm feeling fertile, I think I'll go out tonight with the sole purpose of getting pregnant so I can have an abortion, it's been on my bucket list all of my life."

Free speech, he's entitled to think abortion is wrong, no matter what, and say that.

"

Your entitled to debate anything

darlington

"To answer the original question, yes there should be more freedom of speech.

Your entitled to debate anything "

well that’s answers that then

"You should be able to have debate about anything if its your view nd you can debate it with evidence experience opinion or beliefe then you should be able to debate anything"
i agree a debates a debate but some opinions are more acceptable than others

I'm just here with my popcorn

"I'm just here with my popcorn "

Plane pop corn toffee or wht ?

You can debate anything apart from illegal topics which are mentioned in the forum rules at the top of the page.

By *ympho6969Woman  over a year ago

glasgow

"if it’s about your preference over medium or thick sliced bread then yes "

What about toilet roll. Up and over or down and under?!

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

"if it’s about your preference over medium or thick sliced bread then yes

What about toilet roll. Up and over or down and under?!"

Up & over!

"You can debate anything apart from illegal topics which are mentioned in the forum rules at the top of the page.

"

This is wht Im saying you should be able to debate anything we have veiws to if something is right or wring we have opinions as long as wht you debate is done through experience facts or belief freedom of speach should the rule

ask boris j

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

I'm intrigued as to what subject the OP feels so passionate about debating that warrants this post!

darlington

I think it depends on what the topic is as I’ve found some topics on here send people into massive meltdowns My experience tells me this particular thread is probably going to be a bit volatile

"You can debate anything apart from illegal topics which are mentioned in the forum rules at the top of the page.

This is wht Im saying you should be able to debate anything we have veiws to if something is right or wring we have opinions as long as wht you debate is done through experience facts or belief freedom of speach should the rule "

Why you so obsessed with wanting to discuss substance abuse. If your views are that strong and you genuinely want to help go and volunteer at a support centre.

If you discuss illegal topics on here it will encourage people to talk about things that could be subject to law proceedings and as the site is free to use and the moderators and admin give their time freely they don’t want to be involved in any court proceedings, also for animosity to other users who wouldn’t want their details disclosed in a court room either. It’s easier to not discuss anything illegal.

Now give it a rest and stop making threads on the same subject or you’ll be breaking another rule which is spamming the forum.

**and the award for best mod impression goes to...... Me!*

What are you being prevented from debating??

"What are you being prevented from debating??"

Is this Bella Jack or both ?

This is a corporate run site so you could not debate anything x

By *urvyandCurious999Woman  over a year ago

Hiding from twats

I think some people have more than enough freedom of speech as it is.

There is more than enough freedom of speech.

People generally only get closed down, or have their platform of speech removed when they spout nonsense or hatred.

Dont confuse freedom of speech with having noone interested in what you're saying!

Theres so many people thats got life wrong and if you remove the freedom of speach then people will have no chance to atchieve truth which leads to their full potential

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

visiting the beach

In a public location you have the freedom to say what you want.

However, if it is deemed illegal, the police have the freedom to arrest you.

The point is, this is not a public space. It's a Web site owned by someone. That someone has every right to limit what can or can't be said on here.

If you don't like that, you have every right to go and create a website where people can say anything.

"In a public location you have the freedom to say what you want.

The point is, this is not a public space. It's a Web site owned by someone. That someone has every right to limit what can or can't be said on here.

If you don't like that, you have every right to go and create a website where people can say anything. "

Surley if the law of the land is freedom of speach then to create a web site in this country and restrict peoples right to freedom of speach is in breach of the law of freedom of speach then my in

My opinion this site is breaking the law

"What are you being prevented from debating??

Is this Bella Jack or both ?"

Why does that matter?

perth

If you don't like that, you have every right to go and create a website where people can say anything.

Surley if the law of the land is freedom of speach then to create a web site in this country and restrict peoples right to freedom of speach is in breach of the law of freedom of speach then my in

My opinion this site is breaking the law"

Perhaps you should go & find another site where you can exercise your freedom of speech then OP?

"What are you being prevented from debating??

Is this Bella Jack or both ?

Why does that matter?

"

In my opinion which i feel everyone is entitled to I lile to know whom Im talking to contrary to some people there is a difference between men and women or a couple and depending whom your chating to depends in wht you say

Hornyhappy if this site is breakung the law your happy for it to continue doing so ?

You are chatting to a couple, as the profile states.

visiting the beach

My opinion this site is breaking the law

"

A couple of mistakes there. The law of the land is not freedom of speech.

In a private space the owner has the right to allow or disallow anything they wish.

No one is forcing you into this space, you can go else where and say what you wish.

It's simple really. If you came into my house and started spouting shite, I'd tell you to shut up or leave, because it's my house. Same applies here.

Still not stated what you can't debate??

Nickonsea the discussion is freedom of speach

Gone are the days whn we had men only clubs whn the law of the land said woman have equal rights if people said My club is private nd its men only its sexist do you get my point

"Still not stated what you can't debate??"

We clearly carnt discuss anything we want even if its a beliefe.

My point is anything should beable to be discussed no matter wht it is

You need to exercise your freedom to utilise grammar, it's painful reading your posts!!!

"You need to exercise your freedom to utilise grammar, it's painful reading your posts!!!

"

I do appologise im typing on a small phone hitting the right keys is eventful but I do hear wht you say

By *urtyGentMan  over a year ago

eastleigh

Did you debate the spelling with a dictionary?

visiting the beach

"Nickonsea the discussion is freedom of speach

Gone are the days whn we had men only clubs whn the law of the land said woman have equal rights if people said My club is private nd its men only its sexist do you get my point

"

You're really not paying attention are you? Of course there are private clubs, and anyone can be refused admission, as long as its not on discriminatory grounds.

And in those clubs, like any other private space, the owners, or management, or whoever controls it can state what is and isn't allowed, including should they wish speech.

"Did you debate the spelling with a dictionary?"

My corrective spelling is abcent Im trying to maintain a flow

darlington

"Did you debate the spelling with a dictionary?

My corrective spelling is abcent Im trying to maintain a flow "

don’t apologise op some struggle with it weather it’s big fat fingers on a small phone or some struggle because of dyslexia but there is always the clever dicks that will point it out

Nickinsea if a club opened that said no talking Id want to discuss this with anyone and everyone possible to the censorship Im not talking of going to watch something where quiet is the decorum nd someone is being loud im talking about where a venue is allowing some people to talk nd not others its wrong

perth

"Hornyhappy if this site is breakung the law your happy for it to continue doing so ?"

We like the site. There are regularly interesting debates on all sorts of subjects. The site is not breaking the law. When you joined you agreed to abide by the site rules, if you don't like those rules you absolutely have the freedom to leave & find another site that suits you better.

eastleigh

My corrective spelling is abcent Im trying to maintain a flow don’t apologise op some struggle with it weather it’s big fat fingers on a small phone or some struggle because of dyslexia but there is always the clever dicks that will point it out "

How dare you assume that I am clever

"Hornyhappy if this site is breakung the law your happy for it to continue doing so ?

We like the site. There are regularly interesting debates on all sorts of subjects. The site is not breaking the law. When you joined you agreed to abide by the site rules, if you don't like those rules you absolutely have the freedom to leave & find another site that suits you better. "

I see you see some one breaking the law your answer is if you dont like it move to the other side of the street nd look the other way ....its a metaphor

darlington

My corrective spelling is abcent Im trying to maintain a flow don’t apologise op some struggle with it weather it’s big fat fingers on a small phone or some struggle because of dyslexia but there is always the clever dicks that will point it out

How dare you assume that I am clever"

how dare you assume I was referring to you

eastleigh

My corrective spelling is abcent Im trying to maintain a flow don’t apologise op some struggle with it weather it’s big fat fingers on a small phone or some struggle because of dyslexia but there is always the clever dicks that will point it out

How dare you assume that I am cleverhow dare you assume I was referring to you "

How dare you answer me back

This is wht Im saying you should be able to debate anything we have veiws to if something is right or wring we have opinions as long as wht you debate is done through experience facts or belief freedom of speach should the rule "

When you sign up for fab membership, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the site, which includes obeying forum rules, one of which, as has been mentioned, is tgat it is forbidden to discuss illegal activity. There will be reasons why such discussions are forbidden, but the point is that you have agreed to abide by those rules

darlington

How dare you assume that I am cleverhow dare you assume I was referring to you

How dare you answer me back"

sorry sir

Hillside desolate

sorry sir "

Oooh this is taking a pornographic turn

perth

"Hornyhappy if this site is breakung the law your happy for it to continue doing so ?

We like the site. There are regularly interesting debates on all sorts of subjects. The site is not breaking the law. When you joined you agreed to abide by the site rules, if you don't like those rules you absolutely have the freedom to leave & find another site that suits you better.

I see you see some one breaking the law your answer is if you dont like it move to the other side of the street nd look the other way ....its a metaphor "

You've yet to explain coherently what law you believe is being broken. You have also yet to enlighten us as to what subject it is you want to debate.

Your new master you do realise that even the best of people with the best ofvintentions can not always get it right ...yes we may have signed up and agreed to rules but whn you tgen find out tgat the rules may be agains your basic rights if you was in a cop shop and discussed something elegal with a copper yoi would not get arrested its tge freedom to be able to debate anything is all of our rights

darlington

sorry sir

Oooh this is taking a pornographic turn "

it’s all in the best possible taste and I’ve had a sly peek at his profile and I think he’d get of on being called sir

This is wht Im saying you should be able to debate anything we have veiws to if something is right or wring we have opinions as long as wht you debate is done through experience facts or belief freedom of speach should the rule

Why you so obsessed with wanting to discuss substance abuse. If your views are that strong and you genuinely want to help go and volunteer at a support centre.

If you discuss illegal topics on here it will encourage people to talk about things that could be subject to law proceedings and as the site is free to use and the moderators and admin give their time freely they don’t want to be involved in any court proceedings, also for animosity to other users who wouldn’t want their details disclosed in a court room either. It’s easier to not discuss anything illegal.

Now give it a rest and stop making threads on the same subject or you’ll be breaking another rule which is spamming the forum.

**and the award for best mod impression goes to...... Me!*

"

JUST PUTTING THIS HERE AGAIN!!

Explains what the op wants to discuss as he’s already done two deleted threads about illegal substances.

Also explains to the OP why you can’t discuss illegal topics.

Hornyhappy ..

It has been brought to my attention that the powers that be are using the rules of this site for their own means their own gaine because people are being blocked or removed from chat because if nothing more than a difference of opinion nd to remove individuals or couples for this perpose is petty biased nd could be illegal as its abuse of power if you carnt win an argument or debate through chat to resolve to banning some one from chatting as a way of winning an argument is the problem

eastleigh

sorry sir

Oooh this is taking a pornographic turn it’s all in the best possible taste and I’ve had a sly peek at his profile and I think he’d get of on being called sir "

If you had read the profile correctly, you’d see that I’m not into “Dom” stuff. But are you going to blame that on fat fingers and dyslexia too?

"Your new master you do realise that even the best of people with the best ofvintentions can not always get it right ...yes we may have signed up and agreed to rules but whn you tgen find out tgat the rules may be agains your basic rights if you was in a cop shop and discussed something elegal with a copper yoi would not get arrested its tge freedom to be able to debate anything is all of our rights"

I presume you are referring to Article 10 of the 1998 Human Rights act - Freedom of expression.

If you look closely into that legislation you will actually find that your rights to freedom of speech come with some restrictions and require you to behave responsibly, and you will also find that there are restrictions in connection with enciting crime. Therefore, you will find that, if the topic you are so passionate about discussing is the use of illegal substances, you will find that the site is perfectly within the law and that, if you disagree so strongly, you should perhaps try bringing a legal case against the owners of the site - which you would lose.

This is like giving my car keys to nextdoors cat and asking it to reverse my car onto the drive for me, he’s just not gonna understand me.

Same as the op is refusing to acknowledge the reasons why you can’t discuss illegal topics on the public forums.

Only one of those (evidence) is objective, opinion and belief are subjective as is (probably) experience.

darlington

sorry sir

Oooh this is taking a pornographic turn it’s all in the best possible taste and I’ve had a sly peek at his profile and I think he’d get of on being called sir

If you had read the profile correctly, you’d see that I’m not into “Dom” stuff. But are you going to blame that on fat fingers and dyslexia too?"

no I didn’t have my contacts in

Hillside desolate

sorry sir

Oooh this is taking a pornographic turn it’s all in the best possible taste and I’ve had a sly peek at his profile and I think he’d get of on being called sir

If you had read the profile correctly, you’d see that I’m not into “Dom” stuff. But are you going to blame that on fat fingers and dyslexia too? no I didn’t have my contacts in "

eastleigh

sorry sir

If you had read the profile correctly, you’d see that I’m not into “Dom” stuff. But are you going to blame that on fat fingers and dyslexia too? no I didn’t have my contacts in "

Weird apology but I accept it

darlington

sorry sir

If you had read the profile correctly, you’d see that I’m not into “Dom” stuff. But are you going to blame that on fat fingers and dyslexia too? no I didn’t have my contacts in

Weird apology but I accept it"

ta very much

Yournewmaster...

There are laws in this land I dont agree with theres laws that arent here that I believe should be we as adults should be able to discuss whats right or wrong in a debate for the purposes of truth justice nd to improve our lives to empose bans on people talking responsibly about what ever they wish to to is cencoring our rights to develope

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

"Hornyhappy ..

It has been brought to my attention that the powers that be are using the rules of this site for their own means their own gaine because people are being blocked or removed from chat because if nothing more than a difference of opinion nd to remove individuals or couples for this perpose is petty biased nd could be illegal as its abuse of power if you carnt win an argument or debate through chat to resolve to banning some one from chatting as a way of winning an argument is the problem"

Nope. You've completely lost me now. Can't make head nor tail of that.

Oh mate, just go and have a cup of tea or something.....life really is too short!!

"This is like giving my car keys to nextdoors cat and asking it to reverse my car onto the drive for me, he’s just not gonna understand me.

Same as the op is refusing to acknowledge the reasons why you can’t discuss illegal topics on the public forums. "

Whn you say the cat next door hope your being groovy and nit literally meaning the cat

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Yournewmaster...

There are laws in this land I dont agree with theres laws that arent here that I believe should be we as adults should be able to discuss whats right or wrong in a debate for the purposes of truth justice nd to improve our lives to empose bans on people talking responsibly about what ever they wish to to is cencoring our rights to develope "

You clearly think all subjects are valid topics for discussion. Unfortunately, the law doesn't agree. The only way to change it is legislation.

The site would never allow discussion of illegal subjects, as they do not want prosecuting and the site shutting down.

"Yournewmaster...

There are laws in this land I dont agree with theres laws that arent here that I believe should be we as adults should be able to discuss whats right or wrong in a debate for the purposes of truth justice nd to improve our lives to empose bans on people talking responsibly about what ever they wish to to is cencoring our rights to develope "

Choose your platform wisely

"Yournewmaster...

For research purposes can you provide a link to the site that you run and maintain that subscribes to your proposition?

"Yournewmaster...

If there is a law that you don't agree with and so you decide to disobey that law, then you can expect to suffer the consequences of your actions - i.e. face prosecution.

The same applies here. There are rules set out by the site owners about what is and is not deemed acceptable topics of discussion. If you choose to violate those rules you can expect to suffer the consequences.

It's that simple.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

We all have to stick within rules, no matter who makes them. One rule on here is not to break forum rules, be banned and then use another profile to get round that ban

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

PS the OP was not starting threads about illegal substances