FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Are we on the brink

Are we on the brink

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tella Heels OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

I am looking at several recent events, Australia bush fires, serious flooding in the U.K., now corona virus (splitting now)

So is this the start of the end for civilisation as we currently know it?

Will the climate changes and increased threat of viral diseases, cause an apocalyptic event that will be our demise?

Should we consider the recent issues more seriously

Or just say FUCK it who cares?

Me I’m quite cautious, I think we are creating our own Armageddon..

We must learn to respect our earth and nature...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yup

Human race is in deep doo doo

"I am looking at several recent events, Australia bush fires, serious flooding in the U.K., now corona virus (splitting now)

Will the climate changes and increased threat of viral diseases, cause an apocalyptic event that will be our demise?

"

yes the process of natural evolution is kicking in

By *etLikeMan  over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

I parked at a shopping centre earlier and had four guys in jodhpurs ask me where they could tie up their horses

By *ee04Man  over a year ago

Thurrock

We are on the brink in many ways. But the planet is the main thing.

As long as we have people like Trump etc it will never change profit comes before anything in there world.

Also middle aged men getting angry at Greta Thumberg wtf is that all about does she threaten the masculinity?

The world is going to shit, in my humble opinion the rise of nationalism, religious ideology, it all adds to the pot of fuck you we’re ok.

Until as a race we get passed all this shit it ain’t going to change.

By *hatcuriouscat2018Man  over a year ago

Derby

I've long been of the opinion that overpopulation is the root of all our problems.

Roads, healthcare, education, housing....the list goes on.

Now....in nature, when a species overpopulates an area, nature steps in, and culls, normally by way of conflict, starvation/drought or disease.

Nature thinks we've overstepped the mark ....and you can't beat nature !

...only my opinion !

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I doubt mankind will make it past this century , but at least the earth will still turn , and nature can make a comeback

west here ford shire

"I've long been of the opinion that overpopulation is the root of all our problems.

Now....in nature, when a species overpopulates an area, nature steps in, and culls, normally by way of conflict, starvation/drought or disease.

...only my opinion !"

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"I've long been of the opinion that overpopulation is the root of all our problems.

...only my opinion !"

So very true. Mother nature just shaking off a virus of her own. She will win in the end.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Me, I'm going to go to the Winchester have a pint and wait for this to all blow over.

By *hebritukCouple  over a year ago

London

Is it worth renewing our FAB subscription

Thing is, if you had asked the same question to somebody in say, 1916 or 1940, circa the Cuban missile crisis, 1066..... they may have all thought the same.

Really, we have lived in a relatively trouble free period in history (obviously dependant on location, being a civilian in Iraq during 'Shock and Awe', a lot of innocent people's world's literally did end!).

We just need governments globally to work together to save human existence....still, at least we don't have an orange gobshite in charge of the most powerful nation on earth.....ohh

west here ford shire

"Thing is, if you had asked the same question to somebody in say, 1916 or 1940, circa the Cuban missile crisis, 1066..... they may have all thought the same.

Really, we have lived in a relatively trouble free period in history (obviously dependant on location, being a civilian in Iraq during 'Shock and Awe', a lot of innocent people's world's literally did end!).

We just need governments globally to work together to save human existence....still, at least we don't have an orange gobshite in charge of the most powerful nation on earth.....ohh

"

Boris isn’t that bad

"I am looking at several recent events, Australia bush fires, serious flooding in the U.K., now corona virus (splitting now)

"

Definitely - maybe even the end of the beginning of the end...

Man-made climate change aside, I've long since believed that we're here too early. That there will be further iterations, when the planet is more stable (Pacific ring of fire etc - Earth isn't ready yet), that will endure much longer.

couple, us we him her.

Get Chuck Norris onto it all, he will give the coronavirus a roundhouse kick and punch climate change in the nuts.

Perhaps the question we should be asking is if humanity is worth trying to save

couple, us we him her.

"Perhaps the question we should be asking is if humanity is worth trying to save"

Yes of course it is.

Well I bloody well am anyway,sod the rest of you!

...only my opinion !"

Thanos in disguise?

By *he James gangCouple  over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

Need to get a few more meets in if the end is coming!

By *ee04Man  over a year ago

Thurrock

"Thing is, if you had asked the same question to somebody in say, 1916 or 1940, circa the Cuban missile crisis, 1066..... they may have all thought the same.

Boris isn’t that bad"

He’s the most dangerous person we’ve had as PM in many years.

Self serving, racist, ignorant, lying, the list goes on.

I work as a senior manager and if I made the comments/ did the things he’s done I would be rightly out of work. But he gets to lead a country??? Talk about fucked up.

Oh hang on he went to Eaton and tilts acceptable there to bully you gets students and act like a complete cunt, so I guess it’s alright !!!!

By *acplayMan  over a year ago

Melton Mowbray

[Removed by poster at 05/03/20 12:41:47]

"Need to get a few more meets in if the end is coming!"

That's the spirit

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

In approx 1.5 billion years the sun will begin expanding to a red giant, the oceans will boil away and the surface of the planet will melt,nothing will be left alive. The atmosphere will be gone and eventually the expanding sun will absorb the earth in a ball of fire before it contracts to a white dwarf and becomes a dead star. Humans will probably have colonised (and ruined) other planets and solar systems by then though

ah the worlds endding and its boris the clown's fault admit hes a dick but hardly the cause

Derby

I've heard that having sex with a plumber makes you immune to the Corona virus.

....just putting that out there on behalf of all the plumbers !!

"We are on the brink in many ways. But the planet is the main thing.

As long as we have people like Trump etc it will never change profit comes before anything in there world.

Also middle aged men getting angry at Greta Thumberg wtf is that all about does she threaten the masculinity?

The world is going to shit, in my humble opinion the rise of nationalism, religious ideology, it all adds to the pot of fuck you we’re ok.

Until as a race we get passed all this shit it ain’t going to change. "

west here ford shire

Boris isn’t that bad

He’s the most dangerous person we’ve had as PM in many years.

Self serving, racist, ignorant, lying, the list goes on.

I work as a senior manager and if I made the comments/ did the things he’s done I would be rightly out of work. But he gets to lead a country??? Talk about fucked up.

Oh hang on he went to Eaton and tilts acceptable there to bully you gets students and act like a complete cunt, so I guess it’s alright !!!!"

Hear you, I was a senior manager before all the health issues, I am worried as with pre lying conditions I am at high risk now

Den of Iniquity

"In approx 1.5 billion years the sun will begin expanding to a red giant, the oceans will boil away and the surface of the planet will melt,nothing will be left alive. The atmosphere will be gone and eventually the expanding sun will absorb the earth in a ball of fire before it contracts to a white dwarf and becomes a dead star. Humans will probably have colonised (and ruined) other planets and solar systems by then though "

Not a fuckin chance humans will be around then , we will be long long gone . Mother nature will find a way to finish us off if we haven't done it ourselves by then

west here ford shire

Are we going to make it to 2040?

"Are we going to make it to 2040?"

Pretty confident I won't. Can't make any predictions for the rest of you

west here ford shire

"Are we going to make it to 2040?

Pretty confident I won't. Can't make any predictions for the rest of you "

I’m with you on that one

All of us probably not, some of us, almost certainly. Humans are a pretty resilient and adaptive species.

Den of Iniquity

Just about I reckon , I'm thinking around 40-50 years we will have fucked everything up enough to finish ourselves off

west here ford shire

"Are we going to make it to 2040?

All of us probably not, some of us, almost certainly. Humans are a pretty resilient and adaptive species. "

Yep we can even tie up a pair of trainers and sling them over electricity lines

Take away Farcebook, media sensationalism, Greta and her mates skiving school every Friday and this thread wouldn't even have been posted.

Everything is over hyped, world isn't ending.

Greta doesn't affect anyone's masculinity I personally think she should tell her minions to stay in school and study to be the climate scientists of the future...they're getting no where with marching and missing education.

By *uicy jonesMan  over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

We keep taking and taking from this earth and not giving back !!! So think the world will just break one day !!!!

Boris isn’t that bad"

I said most powerful nation on earth.....

Don't give a fook I'm ok

west here ford shire

Boris isn’t that bad

I said most powerful nation on earth....."

The Chinese?

I don't know why I read these threads. They make me sad, just like Farcebook and the news. I hate many things in this world, mostly evil people and people that are cruel. Earth changes are accelerating and before long it will be too late and it will serve the people who didn't give a shit right.

west here ford shire

"Don't give a fook I'm ok "

Glad to hear....

Look everyone he’s ok...

Phew thank his for that

Sorry for taking Michael

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Boris isn’t that bad

I said most powerful nation on earth....."

Aaaa ... Wales...

The news media with their constant harping on about bad news, bad news and more bad news have NO CONCERN for the mental health of their readers and listeners.

This is the way they have been performing for decades.

It's up to us to shore up our personal defences by reflecting on good things because if they were to be believed those things do not happen.

Those good things include things personal to you, so celebrate, enjoy and ponder on those things a

bit more.

Derby

3 men just walked into the bank wearing face-masks,

Every one was scared and started to panic until we realised they were just armed robbers and we all calmed down

By *oldyoudown41Man  over a year ago

caledonian

We are far from the end , it’s when the tectonic plates start to shift in the Atlantic I’ll be worried about

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Depends who 'we' are? I expect the 25,000 who die every day from starvation have been on the brink for some time.

But of course this is never reported in the media because it does not affect us rich people in the west (unlike a virus which could - so the main stream media then becomes hysterical).

"Depends who 'we' are? I expect the 25,000 who die every day from starvation have been on the brink for some time.

But of course this is never reported in the media because it does not affect us rich people in the west (unlike a virus which could - so the main stream media then becomes hysterical)."

So the world has been on the brink since creation?

Be odd if ppl looked at the world as more than just a human environment, innit.....

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Not great times. Must be the perfect time to also choose to inflict huge amounts of optional economic, social and political damage on ourselves too!

By *yx_InannaWoman  over a year ago

Burslem

"

Greed will be what destroys humanity. The root cause of our demise no matter what happens be it pandemics or weather or fires.

Poor folk won't be able to recover because there is no distribution of wealth. Rich get richer poor get poorer but who will take care of the rich folk when all the poor folk have died from poverty, the fires and viruses will come and those impoverished won't survive. Proof is already showing in China with those who can't afford health care and they just perish alone in their homes.

Poor can't work because of quarantine which is showing across the world due to stock low or empty on imported Chinese produced goods. Who is paying the poor while they aren't working?

Rich are happy sat on enough funds they don't have to worry about losing a house to fire they can buy another or build another. They don't have to worry about not being in work for a while. They don't have to worry about health costs. They should remember they are rich off the backs of poor folks and they are the nurses and doctors so who will treat them when they are sick. They are the shop workers it just goes on and on the economy will collapse.

Greed will annihilate us all

Then earth will cleanse herself and flourish again.

Greed will be what destroys humanity. The root cause of our demise no matter what happens be it pandemics or weather or fires.

Poor folk won't be able to recover because there is no distribution of wealth. Rich get richer poor get poorer but who will take care of the rich folk when all the poor folk have died from poverty, the fires and viruses will come and those impoverished won't survive. Proof is already showing in China with those who can't afford health care and they just perish alone in their homes.

Poor can't work because of quarantine which is showing across the world due to stock low or empty on imported Chinese produced goods. Who is paying the poor while they aren't working?

Rich are happy sat on enough funds they don't have to worry about losing a house to fire they can buy another or build another. They don't have to worry about not being in work for a while. They don't have to worry about health costs. They should remember they are rich off the backs of poor folks and they are the nurses and doctors so who will treat them when they are sick. They are the shop workers it just goes on and on the economy will collapse.

Then earth will cleanse herself and flourish again."

I don't understand when ppl talk about the rich as not having anything to worry about. I always found the more I had the more I worried about it.....

"Take away Farcebook, media sensationalism, Greta and her mates skiving school every Friday and this thread wouldn't even have been posted.

Greta doesn't affect anyone's masculinity I personally think she should tell her minions to stay in school and study to be the climate scientists of the future...they're getting no where with marching and missing education."

completely agree with you far too much "information" available now. Fake or not people eat it up because it's so sensationalised.

Burslem

I don't understand when ppl talk about the rich as not having anything to worry about. I always found the more I had the more I worried about it.....

"

About losing what you had in the event of a catastrophic event?

"Take away Farcebook, media sensationalism, Greta and her mates skiving school every Friday and this thread wouldn't even have been posted.

Greta doesn't affect anyone's masculinity I personally think she should tell her minions to stay in school and study to be the climate scientists of the future...they're getting no where with marching and missing education. completely agree with you far too much "information" available now. Fake or not people eat it up because it's so sensationalised. "

Says a person on a forum.....

Liverpool

"

more to lose but generally (not always) more options and resources to limit the loss on some ways.

About losing what you had in the event of a catastrophic event? "

Yeah, about my kids future, my security, house, family, all I'd worked for...

more to lose but generally (not always) more options and resources to limit the loss on some ways. "

If you've got more you ALWAYS stand to lose more. Just the amount might seem less important to some innit....

Burslem

more to lose but generally (not always) more options and resources to limit the loss on some ways. "

Burslem

more to lose but generally (not always) more options and resources to limit the loss on some ways.

If you've got more you ALWAYS stand to lose more. Just the amount might seem less important to some innit...."

When theres better insurance because mores paid into it and more saved in the bank the loss isn't as substantial as someone who loses everything and has no safety net. For poor folk most are one small disaster from losing everything

If you've got more you ALWAYS stand to lose more. Just the amount might seem less important to some innit....

When theres better insurance because mores paid into it and more saved in the bank the loss isn't as substantial as someone who loses everything and has no safety net. For poor folk most are one small disaster from losing everything

"

I'm rich in my positivity rn, don't rob me plz

couple, us we him her.

Boris isn’t that bad

I said most powerful nation on earth.....

The Chinese?"

Vegan's

"

I couldn’t agree more about am Armageddon ! We as the human race are consuming every !

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I think we're in a lot of trouble. Another thing not mentioned by the OP is Donald Trump and the Republican party trying to turn the USA, the most powerful country in the world, into a one-party state.

west here ford shire

First U.K. death just announced due to corona virus

I quite like post apocalyptic films so fingers crossed these days are coming!

NEWTOWNABBEY

I hope so, there's a cracking film on at 21.45.

west here ford shire

"I hope so, there's a cracking film on at 21.45."

Ooh what film?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Depends who 'we' are? I expect the 25,000 who die every day from starvation have been on the brink for some time.

But of course this is never reported in the media because it does not affect us rich people in the west (unlike a virus which could - so the main stream media then becomes hysterical).

So the world has been on the brink since creation? "

Yes

King's Crustacean

"First U.K. death just announced due to corona virus"

How old were they Stella ?

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

You've missed the biggest plagues of locusts in Africa too.

It bit too biblical really

Liverpool

"First U.K. death just announced due to corona virus

How old were they Stella ?"

76 I think. With underlying health issues too. So not just soley an age thing.

King's Crustacean

"First U.K. death just announced due to corona virus

How old were they Stella ?

76 I think. With underlying health issues too. So not just soley an age thing. "

Thanks ......

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

"I don't know why I read these threads. They make me sad, just like Farcebook and the news. I hate many things in this world, mostly evil people and people that are cruel. Earth changes are accelerating and before long it will be too late and it will serve the people who didn't give a shit right."

This is why I stopped reading the paper or watching the news. It's so depressing..sad times and worse because as much as I do care what can I really do!

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"Yup

Human race is in deep doo doo"

Boobies. Mmmmmmm

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

We are the problem.

Not just the fab ‘we’ obviously

"

There has always been bush fires in Australia, same as there has always been forest fires and earthquakes in California

There have always been floods in UK, but in UK in 6 months time there will be water shortage and hose bans because Southern England do not know how to keep hold of the water they have.

There has always been disease and we are much more lucky today than we were 100 years ago

the only thing that will change is that our children will never enjoy the Freedom we have right now

Our children will never be able to travel, never see the USA or far afield lands, our children will never enjoy the freedom of Motorcycles, or touring Scotland, taking off and driving 200 - 300 miles per day

The only thing that has died is Freedom and that is mostly for the futures of children, they are cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

west here ford shire

So coronavirus is starting to create panic around the world, it’s more or less as I anticipated, no good us saying don’t panic, a larger proportion of general public are already panicking

By *itonmyfacebookMan  over a year ago

Burton on Trent

Anyone thinking that they should have gone to church a bit more?

Burton on Trent

"I think we're in a lot of trouble. Another thing not mentioned by the OP is Donald Trump and the Republican party trying to turn the USA, the most powerful country in the world, into a one-party state. "

Donald Trump not far from Damian Trump.

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"

You forgot the biggest plagues of Locusts in Africa too.

By *ildatheart6969Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"

I doubt anything you do will make a difference.

Learn to say fuck it

Don't forget Brexit, the world was going to end there but we're all still breathing. 're corona, now Brexit is done the media need something to sell their products. Global warming, what do we do, all go and live in wooden huts and live off the land?

FFS!

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

This planet was here long before the human race and will be here long after we are gone.

“ it will recover “.

The human race will be the making of its own demise

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

People have been anticipating the end of days for hundreds if not thousands, of years.

Change what you can, and live your best life.

It's all you can do.

i want my epitaph to read i told you i was ill

Burton on Trent

"This planet was here long before the human race and will be here long after we are gone.

“ it will recover “.

The human race will be the making of its own demise"

Okay. Mr Lovelock.

west here ford shire

Loved the comments especially FFS

I am a firm believer you get what you sew.

We are as a race pushing the boundaries of civilisation, corona virus (covid-19)

Is a wake up call, hopefully this will be the start of educating people globally to keep our planet healthy, hygiene and ecological issues must be addressed..

My thoughts anyway

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

Yeah, we are fucked!

i think the guy next door has got it....... jeez

NEWTOWNABBEY

"i want my epitaph to read i told you i was ill "

Plagiarism lol, that's a spike Milligan quote!

By *hloevtTV/TS  over a year ago

norwich

If this is the end I am going to put my prettiest dress on, slip on some flip flops and run up the street with my knickers on my head singing merry Christmas. Xx xx

» Add a new message to this topic