FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Corona. The econony is more important that a few people dying

Corona. The econony is more important that a few people dying

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oruseandabuse OP   Couple  over a year ago

chichester

We will all die sometime. A new strain of flu will knock a couple of years off someone's life. It won't kill them. It will shorten their life.

A strong economy allows us to spend on healthcare. Give work to everyone who wants it (better health, less depression, less suicide).

The danger is clearly the damage to the economy. Not just a few dying a little sooner.

Discuss

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We will all die sometime. A new strain of flu will knock a couple of years off someone's life. It won't kill them. It will shorten their life.

A strong economy allows us to spend on healthcare. Give work to everyone who wants it (better health, less depression, less suicide).

The danger is clearly the damage to the economy. Not just a few dying a little sooner.

Discuss

"

New strains of flu do kill people...

"A new strain of flu will knock a couple of years off someone's life. It won't kill them.

"

Apart from those already dead?

It's interesting to see how short sighted people are. The knock on effects for countries with neither wealth or good health services could be horrendous if/when this gets out of control.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

"We will all die sometime. A new strain of flu will knock a couple of years off someone's life. It won't kill them. It will shorten their life.

Discuss

"

Be careful what you wish for.

By *tticusukMan  over a year ago

Formby

[Removed by poster at 03/03/20 23:35:57]

Formby

Discuss

"

Also no offence OP but I’d put you in the demographic of the “should he fucking worried as it might kill you” Given your age, possible health concerns and my assumption of your socioeconomic standing.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Discuss

"

I think it depends how much we value people.

By *inCity BluesMan  over a year ago

London

I rarely reply to any post on here, but I just had to give a response to this one:

"We will all die sometime. A new strain of flu will knock a couple of years off someone's life. It won't kill them. It will shorten their life."

Does the OP read, or own a TV, or have any clue about what's going on. It is not flu, and it is killing people. in fact. it's killing people jusdt like you. Or haven't you heard? As for your assertion that it will merely shorten someone's life, perhaps you'd like to share your insights with the rest of us?

" A strong economy allows us to spend on healthcare."

The economy will take a massive hit because people are dying. Quite apart from the people that will contract COVID-19 and need treatment, others will need to self-isolate, up to 20% of the workforce on the Government's reasonable estimate (ie not its worst case scenario). The public behavioural issues generated by this outbreak will have massive economic implications.

"Give work to everyone who wants it (better health, less depression, less suicide)."

Better health? Tell that to former coal miners or asbestos workers. Less depression and suicide? Clearly you've no experience of working in a high stress environment, or a shit low-paid job.

" The danger is clearly the damage to the economy. Not just a few dying a little sooner.

Discuss

"

Call me sheltered or just very fortunate, but I find that I have to go online to fully appreciate the fact that there really are some colossal Sir Anthonys in this world.

Given that the OP's appalling profile probably explains a lot about his appalling attitude, let's hope that he doesn't get to experience first hand the seriousness of this virus.

The again, it might do him a bit of good if he does.

"

Discuss

"

Your ageing parents are potentially the first to die, but temporary economy damaging measures mean the spread is limited and your parents don't die. End of discussion.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

With a strong economy it does not necessarily follow that all benefit equally, nor that increased investments are made to the NHS. The current government following from 2010 has reduced investment, having ministers who want to invest less in state services.

New infectious diseases arrive sporadically, including new flu strains. Good leaders invest in the wellbeing of their citizens - uk longevit is being reduced. We're falling behind.

We need to vote more wisely

I have to say Iv seen lots of comments like this and it's awful.

These are human beings.

chichester

Flybe!!!

Maybe it would (should) have failed anyway but it has defiantly been killed of by this virus.

Businesses can go on forever and so it has been killed.

Humans do not live forever. Therefore you can only have your life shortened.

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

It's a stance to say that the economy is more important than the frail or the elderly until ultimately you become frail or elderly..

Live for today perhaps.. ?

"It's a stance to say that the economy is more important than the frail or the elderly until ultimately you become frail or elderly..

Live for today perhaps.. ?"

Define frail.

People with diabetes for example are at very high risk. This affects people of all ages!

Chelmsford

"It's a stance to say that the economy is more important than the frail or the elderly until ultimately you become frail or elderly..

Define frail.

People with diabetes for example are at very high risk. This affects people of all ages! "

Noted.. import to clarify that I disagree with the OP who I think is trolling

chichester

Define frail.

People with diabetes for example are at very high risk. This affects people of all ages!

Noted.. import to clarify that I disagree with the OP who I think is trolling "

I had to look up what Trolling meant.

I can assure you I am not being offensive. Your suggestion that I am 'Trolling" however could be seen as offensive.

I am making a serious point. We have a perverse view of 'our' world. The whole climate change discussion is all about whether humans can survive. The world and the vast majority of life will adapt and survive. It just might be without us.

We are transient. We will die. It used to be patriotic to die for ones country.

Surely to die a few years early but leave a strong world (economy) to protect our offspring is a normal animal trait.

Discuss

"

Well it would kill me so I'd worry about that first

Define frail.

I can assure you I am not being offensive. Your suggestion that I am 'Trolling" however could be seen as offensive.

I am making a serious point. We have a perverse view of 'our' world. The whole climate change discussion is all about whether humans can survive. The world and the vast majority of life will adapt and survive. It just might be without us.

Surely to die a few years early but leave a strong world (economy) to protect our offspring is a normal animal trait.

"

I can't believe what I'm reading.

I know you like to make controversial comments and threads but this awful and shows a lack of respect for human life.

Discuss

Well it would kill me so I'd worry about that first "

And me and I'm 36 so the OP saying "dying a few years early" is offensive.

. Not scare mongering but...

The worst case scenario is 80% infection (govt figure). Even with a 1% mortality rate, that would result in roughly half a million UK deaths.

With just 40% infection that's still 250,000 dead. That's a lot of bodies.

WHO have put the mortality rate at about 3.4%.

Not quite "a few people"

chichester

I had hoped to generate a serious discussion.

I know that there are many educated people in the community. Clearly they are to busy to read the forum.

"I had hoped to generate a serious discussion.

I know that there are many educated people in the community. Clearly they are to busy to read the forum. "

Meaning?

I know that there are many educated people in the community. Clearly they are to busy to read the forum.

Meaning?"

Meaning if you don't write what they hope you write, you're 'uneducated'.

Meaning?

Meaning if you don't write what they hope you write, you're 'uneducated'.

"

It would appear my maths is better than OP's grammar: "Clearly they are to busy to read the forum"

I know that's a cheap shot, but if we are basing assumptions about education on people's forum posts ...

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

Pandemics are good for the health of the population because, in general, they take out the weak and the sick. We are way overdue one. And I speak as one who will probably be taken out by it.

"Pandemics are good for the health of the population because, in general, they take out the weak and the sick. We are way overdue one. And I speak as one who will probably be taken out by it."

Easy to say when you're not genuinely concerned.

"Pandemics are good for the health of the population because, in general, they take out the weak and the sick. We are way overdue one. And I speak as one who will probably be taken out by it."

Mmmmkay

By *hongguyMan  over a year ago

heckmondwike

lets ban cars and lorrys they kill 10000s every day plus drugs and beer comments muchly appreciated

"lets ban cars and lorrys they kill 10000s every day plus drugs and beer comments muchly appreciated "

And the list could go on.

By *tephanjMan  over a year ago

Kettering

Being part of the older generation I have a feeling that if I catch this bug it's going to be bad. As my job involves me being in contact with drivers from abroad, it's a good possibility that I may catch it and I'm not looking forward to that

"lets ban cars and lorrys they kill 10000s every day plus drugs and beer comments muchly appreciated "

Kind of a stupid comparison.

A better one would be to ban condoms.

heckmondwike

labour voter I take it spend everyone elses money and watch the mess unfold

oban

I'm looking forward to catching it but then I'm weird and like being I'll.

heckmondwike

why stupid they kill every day numpty

lol and having digested those insightful thoughts I think I'll call it a night!

Chelmsford

I am.out.. snooze time...

heckmondwike

go sit in your bedroom for the next 3 month then come out to see the end of the world as we no it

"I have to say Iv seen lots of comments like this and it's awful.

These are human beings.

"

Completely agree, these ARE people

"why stupid they kill every day numpty "

Because you can't compare the risk of a vehicle to that of transmitting a virus.

It's a little like comparing your intellect to a cabbage. Amusing but not relevant. (Even if strikingly similar)

chichester

"why stupid they kill every day numpty "

But do they kill or just shorten your life?

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Define frail.

"

Trolling is not just about being offensive. People really need to learn the true meaning and not just the one that gets thrown around by the media about bullies.

It is a term that has been around a lot longer than the mainstream version.

Definition: An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" is a person who posts messages to bait people to answer. Trolls often delight in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion.

It is a broad term that is not mutually exclusive with being offensive.

"why stupid they kill every day numpty

But do they kill or just shorten your life?"

They kill. Just like COVID-19

oban

[Removed by poster at 04/03/20 23:42:38]

oban

I think the OP has a valid point for discussion, don't see it as trolling.

"I think the OP has a valid point for discussion, don't see it as trolling."

Agreed.

Much as I disagree with his stance ... I think he is trying to open a conversation rather than trolling.

Liverpool

"I think the OP has a valid point for discussion, don't see it as trolling.

Agreed.

Much as I disagree with his stance ... I think he is trying to open a conversation rather than trolling."

The subject is something that certainly has good grounds for discussion. The way it is put forth and how the op follows up generally is what defines if it is trolling or not.

I've been around forums for a very long ass time, forums of different types. Gaming, movies, music, fitness, photography, general topics. The list goes on, have even been a moderator in a few of them. I've seen trolling of all kinds of things.

Extremely controversial subjects like this walk the line when it comes to trolling, points made and keeping to a discussion by the op is what truely shows if it is trolling or not.

Formby

You cannot put a price on the health of a loved one.

If you have ever lost anyone close to you, you would literally give anything to have them back, even all the riches on the world.

The economy will ultimately recover as this is a world wide problem so everyone will be in the same position after it.

Death is Permanent!

Chelmsford

Maybe the global economy and population needs a reboot

Discuss

"

What I find interesting, more so than what you have posted, is that you are using a profile set up to encourage males to contact you to savagely abuse another (female) human being. I am wondering, being a cynical sort of person, if you aren't just using this as a method of getting this particular profile 'out there'.

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

Discuss

"

I think you’re only thinking about yourself

I have had cancer and a mild stroke in the last 18 months, I’m not saying it will kill me, but I’m 58 and in the high risk category.

So your statement to me is offensive, without your health, you cannot provide for your family or those you love.

You need to consider this as it’s far more important than the economy....

west here ford shire

"I think the OP has a valid point for discussion, don't see it as trolling.

Agreed.

Much as I disagree with his stance ... I think he is trying to open a conversation rather than trolling."

See my comments

By *essie.Woman  over a year ago

Serendipity

Totally disagree. If it was one of your loved ones who died, I think your view may change.

By *elshkinkyMan  over a year ago

south wales

On that basis then why not operate a euthanasia based system where we actively kill off people so we can have a strong economy... seems proportionate.... so what is the age we would use OP

Chelmsford

I will apologise and withdraw my trolling comment.

I do not agree with sacrificing the old though for the benefit of the economy

By *lienrockMan  over a year ago

Fife

I'm not going to judge the OP, they are talking shite but are entitled to do that..

In a world as advanced as ours it is ridiculous to suggest money/ economics should come before preserving lives & stopping any kind of health dangers in any situation involving various modern nations.. that said this virus worst case scenario has been worked out already that if 100% of the world contracted it we would likely see a survival rate of something like 95%!! Everyone needs to keep that in mind.. it's not the plague it's not the Spanish flu it really is just a dodgy one to keep an eye on.. goto work people, goto the park, don't panic buy! Maybe the resident evil type scenario will wipe out the planet and control the few survivors & maybe the economy will completely collapse but it won't be this week guys. More folk will probably get knocked over in the street today than contract corona. Chill and stop watching sky news

west here ford shire

Discuss

New strains of flu do kill people... "

Coronavirus has split into two separate viruses

So it’s likely that you can now get this twice, it’s feasible that this could split again and again, this could be more catastrophic than we originally thought...

Formby

Discuss

New strains of flu do kill people...

Coronavirus has split into two separate viruses

So it’s likely that you can now get this twice, it’s feasible that this could split again and again, this could be more catastrophic than we originally thought...

"

Was always going to be the case. Once a virus spreads and replicates it learns.

Who have revised the mortality rate from 1% to 3.4% that’s a huge jump.

Formby

"I'm not going to judge the OP, they are talking shite but are entitled to do that..

In a world as advanced as ours it is ridiculous to suggest money/ economics should come before preserving lives & stopping any kind of health dangers in any situation involving various modern nations.. that said this virus worst case scenario has been worked out already that if 100% of the world contracted it we would likely see a survival rate of something like 95%!! Everyone needs to keep that in mind.. it's not the plague it's not the Spanish flu it really is just a dodgy one to keep an eye on.. goto work people, goto the park, don't panic buy! Maybe the resident evil type scenario will wipe out the planet and control the few survivors & maybe the economy will completely collapse but it won't be this week guys. More folk will probably get knocked over in the street today than contract corona. Chill and stop watching sky news "

Mortality rate for Spanish flu was 2.5% Coronavirus is 3.4% currently and with the latest mutation may increase further.

Discuss

"

Tell those who suffer from acute respitory issues ...I’m quite stunned by this

Discuss

Tell those who suffer from acute respitory issues ...I’m quite stunned by this "

im stocked up on Antibiotics just in case

Formby

Discuss

im stocked up on Antibiotics just in case "

It’s a virus, how will that help? Antibiotics treat a bacterial Infection.

Be part of the solution not the problem!

Discuss

Be part of the solution not the problem!"

one of the secondary infections of corona virus is pneumonia and you treat pneumonia with Amoxicillin and other antibiotics

also, I have no spleen which lowers my immune system

anyone with no spleen is advised to be on antibiotics daily for life

and if not

then as soon as they catch a cold or chest infection they must go on antibiotics right away

so, are you still advising against antibiotics?

Formby

Discuss

one of the secondary infections of corona virus is pneumonia and you treat pneumonia with Amoxicillin and other antibiotics

and if not

then as soon as they catch a cold or chest infection they must go on antibiotics right away

so, are you still advising against antibiotics?"

Thanks for the private message.

Yeah antibiotics work great prophylactically if you’ve had a splenectomy, however the pneumonia you develop due to Coronavirus is viral pneumonia so they don’t do shit.

So thanks for the PM but you still need to educate yourself to protect yourself.

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Asda doing great deal on soup and hand sanitizer. Buy two get one free. Also they are selling 5ltr tubs of lube which they say will ensure any corona will slide right in without and problem

Discuss

and if not

Yeah antibiotics work great prophylactically if you’ve had a splenectomy, however the pneumonia you develop due to Coronavirus is viral pneumonia so they don’t do shit.

So thanks for the PM but you still need to educate yourself to protect yourself."

I leave my doctor and various surgeons to educate me

and if you consider "they dont do shit"

then you are the one requiring education

as doctors do advise antibiotics in my circumstances

have a nice day now

Formby

Discuss

and if not

So thanks for the PM but you still need to educate yourself to protect yourself.

have a nice day now"

“Are antibiotics effective in preventing and treating the new coronavirus?

No, antibiotics do not work against viruses, only bacteria.

The new coronavirus (2019-nCoV) is a virus and, therefore, antibiotics should not be used as a means of prevention or treatment.“ WHO, 2020.

To be fair to the OP the have just made an argument that we all need to have internally more coldly.

I am going to work today. If I wanted too be as sure as possible I am not spreading the virus O should stay home and take the hit to my bank balance.

It a reasonable thing to discuss.

And there are people with the unenviable job of deciding the economic cost vs the human cost of any outbreak

By *igchilledguyMan  over a year ago

North Leeds

Yikes

I just finished watching Years and Years last night and some of this chat is a bit like some of the stuff in that (it's an awesome watch by the way). Somewhere along the way, the wonderful and incredible achievements and advancements made by human beings are being turned into a calculation for forgetting what it is to be human and why we should value every human life. I believe - and hope - that life is about more than numbers and economies. But I fear this is becoming a more popular view, and is shaping our politics and general outlook. The thought of letting one person die for any monetary gain is abhorrent. So why would that change when multiplied however many times?

Just my opinion. Think it's about as clear as mud but makes sense in my head!!

What a absolute ridiculous post !

I’m guessing you’re after a argument !

I would look at your age ! You’re nearly 60 that’s old !!

Fools !!

oban

"On that basis then why not operate a euthanasia based system where we actively kill off people so we can have a strong economy... seems proportionate.... so what is the age we would use OP "

Brave New World

Liverpool

Discuss

and if not

have a nice day now

“Are antibiotics effective in preventing and treating the new coronavirus?

No, antibiotics do not work against viruses, only bacteria.

The new coronavirus (2019-nCoV) is a virus and, therefore, antibiotics should not be used as a means of prevention or treatment.“ WHO, 2020."

The only reason they would advise antibiotics is due to the chance of bacterial complications along side a virus.

"On that basis then why not operate a euthanasia based system where we actively kill off people so we can have a strong economy... seems proportionate.... so what is the age we would use OP

Brave New World"

Every single year there is an outbreak of a stronger strain of flu here and there.

This kills people.

The number could be reduced if all activities in the affected areas shit down after the 1st case.

It doesnt happen though.

But everyone is cool with that

Discuss

im stocked up on Antibiotics just in case "

How did you manage that lol!

I have ordered an extra inhaler and few bits

I bet the OP is a Rothschild

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Kills a lot less people than common flu,people die everyday of allsorts of things it is more the fact that people will be off work for a couple of weeks that is worrying the government,not the few deaths that will occur I reckon

Formby

"Kills a lot less people than common flu,people die everyday of allsorts of things it is more the fact that people will be off work for a couple of weeks that is worrying the government,not the few deaths that will occur I reckon"

Mortality rate of the lie is like 0.2%

Mortality rate of Coronavirus is 3.4%

Coronavirus has the potential to kill 17 times more people that the flu.

"Kills a lot less people than common flu"

Does it. Based on what statistics?

Last time I checked Covid19 hadn't yet run its course. Given the published mortality rates of the two diseases and the infectivity I suspect there will sadly be many more deaths.

But hey I am not medically qualified. I presume you are as you speak with such confidence

chichester

To shortcut back to my original post.

How many people watched Question time this evening. The need to protect the economy appeared high on the addenda.

And being Question time it had a panel of all persuasions.

"To shortcut back to my original post.

How many people watched Question time this evening. The need to protect the economy appeared high on the addenda.

And being Question time it had a panel of all persuasions."

Of course protecting the economy is important. We will all feel the effects of Covid 19 economically I am sure. I think, going back to your original post, the bit most people are understandably picking up on is the statement that the economy was more important than a "few deaths". I hope your prediction of the number of fatalities proves correct. I fear it wont.

Of course protecting the economy is important. We will all feel the effects of Covid 19 economically I am sure. I think, going back to your original post, the bit most people are understandably picking up on is the statement that the economy was more important than a "few deaths". I hope your prediction of the number of fatalities proves correct. I fear it wont."

And picking up further on your original post; it's not a new strain of flu. And it is not just shortening a few lives by a couple of years, it has and is killing people. The disease has not yet run its course so people will in all likelihood continue dying of it.

It certainly seems to have people cleverer and more qualified than me taking it seriously. I don't, of course, know your level of qualifications on the subject and so pass no judgement.

"Pandemics are good for the health of the population because, in general, they take out the weak and the sick. We are way overdue one. And I speak as one who will probably be taken out by it.

"

Or maybe just pragmatic.

"go sit in your bedroom for the next 3 month then come out to see the end of the world as we no it "

Drama .

"Pandemics are good for the health of the population because, in general, they take out the weak and the sick. We are way overdue one. And I speak as one who will probably be taken out by it.

Or maybe just pragmatic. "

Or maybe brutal.

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

Government have given themselves another pay rise, after freezing everyone else for years. And continuously cutting back on social things that benefit the generalpublic

Fk this current economy, it's shit for most people. Nobody should be dying to benefit the wealthy self serving cunts.

chichester

Of course protecting the economy is important. We will all feel the effects of Covid 19 economically I am sure. I think, going back to your original post, the bit most people are understandably picking up on is the statement that the economy was more important than a "few deaths". I hope your prediction of the number of fatalities proves correct. I fear it wont.

And picking up further on your original post; it's not a new strain of flu. And it is not just shortening a few lives by a couple of years, it has and is killing people. The disease has not yet run its course so people will in all likelihood continue dying of it.

It certainly seems to have people cleverer and more qualified than me taking it seriously. I don't, of course, know your level of qualifications on the subject and so pass no judgement."

I have no doubt that lots of people will die as a result of this virus. Just as lots of people die from smoking, eating badly, drink, knife fights, etc.

My point is that their death is premature.

They were not killed. Their life was shortened.

It certainly seems to have people cleverer and more qualified than me taking it seriously. I don't, of course, know your level of qualifications on the subject and so pass no judgement.

I have no doubt that lots of people will die as a result of this virus. Just as lots of people die from smoking, eating badly, drink, knife fights, etc.

They were not killed. Their life was shortened."

By that measure no one is killed.

People will still die from these things this is a new threat.

By *abasaurus RexMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Both are important.

Knee jerk reactions from the government (like lockdowns) could result in deaths, just as much as COVID-19 will.

What a crock...! Their life was shortened (read in the way of life cut short) to your above post read as taking years of their life. Think about it!

"Both are important.

Knee jerk reactions from the government (like lockdowns) could result in deaths, just as much as COVID-19 will. "

I don't think the government have done that. I think it's all been rather sensible.

By *UNISHR23Man  over a year ago

heathrow

I think the whole thing is biological warfare on us the sheep, where not in 1980’s no more things are so advanced and there’s a lot more than meets the eye, it’s public cleansing, they realised in this day and age no1 in this world even wants actual full out war Cos it’s not the people that hate eachother it’s the governments doing it all for profits and oils ! Everyone needs to wake up and realise these people in charge are not here to help us, we are jus the chickens in the cages all brainwashed and led to beleive we should all work pay taxes and die, history’s all a lie and this pandemic was predicted in book in 1981, it’s only the news and the radio that are making it all so much worse, it’s just another type of cold and where being made to beleive it’s the end of the world, this could easily spiral out of hand lol I think a 28 days later scenario would be quite entertaining anyway , this world is actually so fucked up

"I think the whole thing is biological warfare on us the sheep, where not in 1980’s no more things are so advanced and there’s a lot more than meets the eye, it’s public cleansing, they realised in this day and age no1 in this world even wants actual full out war Cos it’s not the people that hate eachother it’s the governments doing it all for profits and oils ! Everyone needs to wake up and realise these people in charge are not here to help us, we are jus the chickens in the cages all brainwashed and led to beleive we should all work pay taxes and die, history’s all a lie and this pandemic was predicted in book in 1981, it’s only the news and the radio that are making it all so much worse, it’s just another type of cold and where being made to beleive it’s the end of the world, this could easily spiral out of hand lol I think a 28 days later scenario would be quite entertaining anyway , this world is actually so fucked up "

What. A. Crock.

"I think the whole thing is biological warfare on us the sheep, where not in 1980’s no more things are so advanced and there’s a lot more than meets the eye, it’s public cleansing, they realised in this day and age no1 in this world even wants actual full out war Cos it’s not the people that hate eachother it’s the governments doing it all for profits and oils ! Everyone needs to wake up and realise these people in charge are not here to help us, we are jus the chickens in the cages all brainwashed and led to beleive we should all work pay taxes and die, history’s all a lie and this pandemic was predicted in book in 1981, it’s only the news and the radio that are making it all so much worse, it’s just another type of cold and where being made to beleive it’s the end of the world, this could easily spiral out of hand lol I think a 28 days later scenario would be quite entertaining anyway , this world is actually so fucked up

What. A. Crock."

Of absolute...

Gloucestershire

"I think the whole thing is biological warfare on us the sheep, where not in 1980’s no more things are so advanced and there’s a lot more than meets the eye, it’s public cleansing, they realised in this day and age no1 in this world even wants actual full out war Cos it’s not the people that hate eachother it’s the governments doing it all for profits and oils ! Everyone needs to wake up and realise these people in charge are not here to help us, we are jus the chickens in the cages all brainwashed and led to beleive we should all work pay taxes and die, history’s all a lie and this pandemic was predicted in book in 1981, it’s only the news and the radio that are making it all so much worse, it’s just another type of cold and where being made to beleive it’s the end of the world, this could easily spiral out of hand lol I think a 28 days later scenario would be quite entertaining anyway , this world is actually so fucked up

What. A. Crock.

Of absolute..."

Shapoopie

What. A. Crock.

Of absolute...

Shapoopie "

Nice word.

Like it.

Gloucestershire

"Both are important.

Knee jerk reactions from the government (like lockdowns) could result in deaths, just as much as COVID-19 will.

I don't think the government have done that. I think it's all been rather sensible. "

I agree, that was kind of what I was driving at. Both are important so you have to look after both, or more deaths will occur (hence the government hasn’t introduced more extreme measures yet).

Governments do not make profits, it's the highest financial institutions - the governments are just the pawns in the game, carrying out the orders x

Formby

"Governments do not make profits, it's the highest financial institutions - the governments are just the pawns in the game, carrying out the orders x"

Show me a poor politician?

Most MP's earn around 70 or 80 grand a year, so not exactly the cream. The Eton boys are minted of course x

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

Greta's wish come true

Formby

"Greta's wish come true"

What was her wish? For a better world? A cleaner more environmentally friendly planet that future generations will still get to enjoy?

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Most MP's earn around 70 or 80 grand a year, so not exactly the cream. The Eton boys are minted of course x"

Dunno how they survive on 80k a year poor thing's.

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Sorry if you think any political party in this country actually has a clue or cares about it’s population then you are seriously out of touch with reality.

The system and politics are an outdated archaic establishment.

In reality we are in this on our own, well apart from the society scrounges who will no doubt be at the front of the queue bleating that they are entitled.

By *igchilledguyMan  over a year ago

North Leeds

"Most MP's earn around 70 or 80 grand a year, so not exactly the cream. The Eton boys are minted of course x

Dunno how they survive on 80k a year poor thing's."

I do wonder where we're headed as a society when we don't balk collectively at the fact that people get paid way more than that a week to kick a ball around. Yet we get outraged at the thought of people who run our country on the basis of representative democracy getting paid that amount.

I am not for a second suggesting they are doing a good job, but rather that our ideals are somewhat skewed. Maybe if they were seen as better paid jobs, they would attract better candidates than the current set (hard not to be too subjective here!)

And I know most of them are entitled and silver soon blah blah - that's another issue. Simply making the point that I think it's strange we don't mind singers, footballers and so-called celebrities making so much from a gig, but want the people responsible for supposedly protecting our interests to get paid much less.

Think that's way off topic but hoping it's somehow related. And not wanting to start an argument - just something I often think about

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"Most MP's earn around 70 or 80 grand a year, so not exactly the cream. The Eton boys are minted of course x

Dunno how they survive on 80k a year poor thing's.

I do wonder where we're headed as a society when we don't balk collectively at the fact that people get paid way more than that a week to kick a ball around. Yet we get outraged at the thought of people who run our country on the basis of representative democracy getting paid that amount.

I am not for a second suggesting they are doing a good job, but rather that our ideals are somewhat skewed. Maybe if they were seen as better paid jobs, they would attract better candidates than the current set (hard not to be too subjective here!)

And I know most of them are entitled and silver soon blah blah - that's another issue. Simply making the point that I think it's strange we don't mind singers, footballers and so-called celebrities making so much from a gig, but want the people responsible for supposedly protecting our interests to get paid much less.

Think that's way off topic but hoping it's somehow related. And not wanting to start an argument - just something I often think about"

They may getva basic salary of around £80k but easily fiddle the same again on their expenses.

Fully agree though on the footballers.

Wouldn’t pay them in washers, overpaid bell ends.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few

Discuss

Be part of the solution not the problem!"

The first phase is viral, the second phase is pneumonia, pneumonia is treatable with antibiotics?

Discuss

The first phase is viral, the second phase is pneumonia, pneumonia is treatable with antibiotics?"

Different pathogens, ie the microbes that cause infections. Some viruses can be treated with antivirals, others with time to allow their natural death; bacteria require antibacterials (antibiotics); antifungals for fungal infections...

Formby

Discuss

The first phase is viral, the second phase is pneumonia, pneumonia is treatable with antibiotics?"

Not viral pneumonia.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Yep..The NHS has always been top of the Tories agenda

life goes on

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Discuss

"

It’s very true. Flu is far more widespread and dangerous and most people choose not to be vaccinated against it. Malaria is a much bigger killer, affects most people who live and work in the affected areas, knocked me out for a month once, but taking malarone every day is a pain, so we don’t.

The real problem is trade is being impacted, looks like a few IPOs may be cancelled this year too now

"Yep..The NHS has always been top of the Tories agenda"

You should go on the Royal variety show

» Add a new message to this topic