FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Anyone not feeling themselves lately. Feeling down,dark and depressed?

Anyone not feeling themselves lately. Feeling down,dark and depressed?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey everyone who reads this thread,

Friendly forum from a friendly fabber..

Let each of you look not only to his/her own interests, but also to the interests of others..

Do not be deceived: "Bad company ruins good morals..

Hows everyone doing? Whats paining you? Be aware.. suicide awareness. Im hear to listen...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uicy jonesMan  over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

"Hey everyone who reads this thread,

Let each of you look not only to his/her own interests, but also to the interests of others..

Hows everyone doing? Whats paining you? Be aware.. suicide awareness. Im hear to listen...

"

Nice thread

Nice thread "

Thankyou here to help my friend x

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"

What a nice idea, meds are kicking in and I'm feeling a bit more like myself.

By *hortarseWoman  over a year ago

Norfolk

Was feeling low this weekend . But there so many nice people here to talk to pick you up.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My anxiety's been a bit all over the place over the past couple of weeks, which has majorly affected my colouring, which is my favourite pastime and helps my mental health so it's an absolute dick when I can't get into it. Hasn't been helped by my stupid work patterns where I was working four days on with one day off in that time.

However, last week I finally started and completed a page AND enjoyed it due to one of my favourite illustrators running a competition, I'm on my first day off of four in the row so lots of time to chill out (and it's pay day the day I go back) and a supervisor who I'm really close to has been a total rock recently, and he's fixed my rota for next week to a particular pattern I like with three days off in a row without me even asking for it.

By *nvisible_beardMan  over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

I find being open about things like this puts off potential meets.

Well that's my personal experience.

Its good to be supportive though

By *elshkinkyMan  over a year ago

south wales

Always happy to take a PM for anyone that needs a chat

Too thread OP

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

My year's been really shit so far. Just stuff I've had to ride out. Oddly, despite my tendencies, I'm not depressed, just stressed and exhausted. I'm turning a corner now, though.

By *elshkinkyMan  over a year ago

south wales

"Always happy to take a PM for anyone that needs a chat

Too thread OP"

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

OP this is a great thread, well done.

At the moment I (her) am feeling good, although I could benefit from a chat with a doctor about HRT.

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, well done, OP.

My mum and dad are in very poor health atm and I feel helpless. I want to sell our house and move closer so I can help them but houses are so much more expensive to buy where they live. Nothing that I can afford is coming up but time is of the essence. I have been really down about it today

By *ear in the chairMan  over a year ago

Godstone

Lovely thread and could so do with hugs right now. Giving them back feels just as good.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Had a really shitty couple of months where everything and anything was triggering my depression. But I've focused on what's important to me, and got rid of some things that were making me feel worse. I'm lucky to have such an awesome other half and some amazing friends who understand my depression.

Swansea

"My mum and dad are in very poor health atm and I feel helpless. I want to sell our house and move closer so I can help them but houses are so much more expensive to buy where they live. Nothing that I can afford is coming up but time is of the essence. I have been really down about it today

"

Sending you a cwtch x

By *he Little Fuck MachineMan  over a year ago

Co.Antrim

"

3 bereavements in less than a week(2 on the same day), a chest infection and general everyday worries and problems have me feeling very low atm.

By *uxomBoobs195Woman  over a year ago

Rotherham

We sadly lost my Auntie Linda on Thursday very suddenly. She looked after me after school each day when i was younger, her and my Uncle are two people i always thought would be here. That sounds silly, but theyv always been there. I was so excited to take my little boy to meet them when i first had them, and each time we saw them they would tell me storys of when i was little and talk about all the funny little things.

I work at the hospital so death is something i deal with, it stings when i see a frail little old lady on EOL with no family around her or i hear about a man who died alone in the cubical on his own. And when we have a poorly patient and the family are brilliant and you can see how upset they are, im able to leave it at work and move on.

But to be the family on the other side of those blue curtains, for her to be 'the very poorly lady in Bay 1'. It really hurt. I didnt realise how upset i would be and just how devastating it is to not be able to take my eyes off her when my mum was talking, just incase she took her last breaths.

She died with family around her all talking about the fun times we had and our memories with her and surrounded by Love.

Its made me question the job role i want to do in the future, do i want to try and make a differnce for those people who pass away totally alone or try and find a way so the familys have a private room with their loved one. Or do i want to get away from the hospital care setting and do something different.

Iv been back at work for 2 days since and have really struggled (totally normal i know)

But after work today i picked my little boy from Nursery and we had an evening watching tv cuddeld up which has helped me. Iv also ordered chinese which im sure will also help cheer me up!

By *essie.Woman  over a year ago

Serendipity

"My mum and dad are in very poor health atm and I feel helpless. I want to sell our house and move closer so I can help them but houses are so much more expensive to buy where they live. Nothing that I can afford is coming up but time is of the essence. I have been really down about it today

"

That sounds really tough. Could you rent your property out in order to get closer or isn’t that an option? Or put yours on the market and go into rented as a temporary solution?

I hope you find a way to get nearer.

Your all wonderful.. know your worth people.. love you all

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive last the house once this week due to constant panic attacks. Im going away tomorrow fuck knows how i will cope

"

I had a little episode today where I became sad all off a sudden ! No idea what caused it but just felt down. Lucky for me a really good friend of here was there and helped me pull myself round

By *allyWally19Woman  over a year ago

The Road to Nowhere

I had a little episode today where I became sad all off a sudden ! No idea what caused it but just felt down. Lucky for me a really good friend of here was there and helped me pull myself round "

I get like this from time to time. Just a feeling of sadness coming over me. And anxiety. It's great to have great people around to bring us round.

Nice thread OP. It's comforting to know we're never alone in our thoughts and feelings

Had a bad week last week.

Have learnt from it and today the sun felt warm on my face for the first time in months.

I cannot tell you how much the sunlight lifted my spirits and gave me some of the energy I've been lacking

P

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

"Had a bad week last week.

Have learnt from it and today the sun felt warm on my face for the first time in months.

I cannot tell you how much the sunlight lifted my spirits and gave me some of the energy I've been lacking

P"

Had a huge impact doesn’t it?!? I’ve felt tonnes better since the suns been out x

We are all gods children.. brothers and sisters we are all equal from birth to death.. we all walk different paths but our stories all end the same.. no story should be judges only love..

P

Had a huge impact doesn’t it?!? I’ve felt tonnes better since the suns been out x"

First time today that I noticed the difference. It genuinely felt like I could breathe fresh air instead of stagnant old air. I have no idea if that makes sense!

P

manchester

P

Had a huge impact doesn’t it?!? I’ve felt tonnes better since the suns been out x

First time today that I noticed the difference. It genuinely felt like I could breathe fresh air instead of stagnant old air. I have no idea if that makes sense!

P"

Complete sense it changes a lot! Recharges the soul x

For anyone on this post who does feel down or depressed there’s a good app called headspace or a great book am reading called the miracle morning x or there’s lots off good people on here x great post OP

P

P

Complete sense it changes a lot! Recharges the soul x"

I'm seriously considering looking into getting one of those lamps for next winter!

P

P

P"

thats why im going away tomorrow. Jay said i needed a break so we are going to the seaside for a few days as the sea air always makes me feel better and its forcast sunshine all the while we are there

By *oppet22TV/TS  over a year ago

huddersfield

Getting s bit down all work and no time to meet people

Swansea

"We sadly lost my Auntie Linda on Thursday very suddenly. She looked after me after school each day when i was younger, her and my Uncle are two people i always thought would be here. That sounds silly, but theyv always been there. I was so excited to take my little boy to meet them when i first had them, and each time we saw them they would tell me storys of when i was little and talk about all the funny little things.

I work at the hospital so death is something i deal with, it stings when i see a frail little old lady on EOL with no family around her or i hear about a man who died alone in the cubical on his own. And when we have a poorly patient and the family are brilliant and you can see how upset they are, im able to leave it at work and move on.

But to be the family on the other side of those blue curtains, for her to be 'the very poorly lady in Bay 1'. It really hurt. I didnt realise how upset i would be and just how devastating it is to not be able to take my eyes off her when my mum was talking, just incase she took her last breaths.

She died with family around her all talking about the fun times we had and our memories with her and surrounded by Love.

Its made me question the job role i want to do in the future, do i want to try and make a differnce for those people who pass away totally alone or try and find a way so the familys have a private room with their loved one. Or do i want to get away from the hospital care setting and do something different.

Iv been back at work for 2 days since and have really struggled (totally normal i know)

But after work today i picked my little boy from Nursery and we had an evening watching tv cuddeld up which has helped me. Iv also ordered chinese which im sure will also help cheer me up!

"

This doesn't sound silly at all. I (her) totally understand how you feel for someone who cared for you as a child.

Its understandable that you are analysing your career at this time. Not many occupations cross into our personal lives, and so you experience both sides. That experience will give you greater empathy for your patients and families. You're clearly a caring person and are most probably wonderful at your job. Think long and hard about whether to step away from your career as I for one would hope that my loved ones have someone like you supporting them if and when I am that patient in the bed.

Enjoy your takeaway with your little boy and tomorrow is a new day. Big hugs x

manchester

P

P

I'm seriously considering looking into getting one of those lamps for next winter!

P"

Me too! I suffer every year and hibernate for months. This year has done my head in so decided I needed to try something different. It’s too long to struggle x

P"

I agree, my moral gets lifted when its sunny and bright. Summer defiently lifts spirits up, its like sundays they allways seem dull dingy grey and quiet to me allways have done.. atmosphere and surroundings are a key aspect of emotions..

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Good on you OP I have a golden rule which perhaps you share...

"Never be ashamed to care."

I must admit I've been throigh the mill in the last few years and last year in particular was tough - I lost too many close friends, including my best mate who died far too young. These last couple of months have also been punctuated by a number of low times.

I keep a sunny disposition but it's true that no-one can tell the anguish that might lurk just below the skin of anyone you pass in the street, hence my other rule: " always be kind."

Finger crossed life will get better for us all.

P

Pthats why im going away tomorrow. Jay said i needed a break so we are going to the seaside for a few days as the sea air always makes me feel better and its forcast sunshine all the while we are there"

I hope you have a lovely time and you leave feeling refreshed.

I'm so glad you have Jay in your life.

P

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

Keep the faith and be strong for yourselves and your loved ones.

These times are sent to test us all, hope each and everyone one of you overcomes the events that life bestows on us.

What a nice idea, meds are kicking in and I'm feeling a bit more like myself. "

What meds you on? I got help and got meds and six years later still on them once a day and better than ever, without them i wouldnt know where il be.. getting help does help people

Manchester (she/her)

P

P

P"

I have one. Lumie. Bloody godsend.

"My anxiety's been a bit all over the place over the past couple of weeks, which has majorly affected my colouring, which is my favourite pastime and helps my mental health so it's an absolute dick when I can't get into it. Hasn't been helped by my stupid work patterns where I was working four days on with one day off in that time.

However, last week I finally started and completed a page AND enjoyed it due to one of my favourite illustrators running a competition, I'm on my first day off of four in the row so lots of time to chill out (and it's pay day the day I go back) and a supervisor who I'm really close to has been a total rock recently, and he's fixed my rota for next week to a particular pattern I like with three days off in a row without me even asking for it. "

Lily.. im proud to hear that ur useing your spare time to use an artistic talent that u own.. but on your off days you should still pick up that pencil or crayon and colour or draw your emotions as like songs emotions are heard and i bet ypur emotions are seen on your paper aswell.. hobbies turn into careers..Albrecht Durer is my favourite artist his portrait of Barbara Durer is something il love to have a tatoo on my body of, maybe youll succeed into tattooing. Dont give up believe in your self .

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

"We sadly lost my Auntie Linda on Thursday very suddenly. She looked after me after school each day when i was younger, her and my Uncle are two people i always thought would be here. That sounds silly, but theyv always been there. I was so excited to take my little boy to meet them when i first had them, and each time we saw them they would tell me storys of when i was little and talk about all the funny little things.

"

Reading your post on the hospital brought a tear to my eye, people like you are the back bone of this country with hearts of gold.

Nice one, Kooky.

By *rumguy1980Man  over a year ago

stechford

"

I posted my "alone" thread to raise awareness the some people dont want to tell friends or go to drs about mental health which met with a positive reception

P

Pthats why im going away tomorrow. Jay said i needed a break so we are going to the seaside for a few days as the sea air always makes me feel better and its forcast sunshine all the while we are there

I hope you have a lovely time and you leave feeling refreshed.

I'm so glad you have Jay in your life.

P"

thank you thats kind

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Beautiful thread mate.

I’m an admin in a group on Facebook called

You’re not alone, let’s talk.

Exactly for this type of thing. We have hundreds of members from around the country. Anybody who wants to join feel free

Mental health is a real thing. And if we don’t support each other it’s easy to get buried in it.

Bravo OP for starting this thread

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

3 bereavements in less than a week(2 on the same day), a chest infection and general everyday worries and problems have me feeling very low atm."

And you know there is always someone for you to talk to, my Multi-tooled amigo *hugs*

By *indkink82Man  over a year ago

Caistor

Low day for me sadly

By *horehouseprincessWoman  over a year ago

small town near Munich

February wasnt the best of months and it'll be a year since my mum has passed in march

"February wasnt the best of months and it'll be a year since my mum has passed in march "

Sending hugs didn't have a great February at all either but remember today is a new day and positive thoughts bring positive actions x

By *horehouseprincessWoman  over a year ago

small town near Munich

Thank you, will keep that in mind. Hugs for you too!

"February wasnt the best of months and it'll be a year since my mum has passed in march

Sending hugs didn't have a great February at all either but remember today is a new day and positive thoughts bring positive actions x"

"Thank you, will keep that in mind. Hugs for you too!

February wasnt the best of months and it'll be a year since my mum has passed in march

Sending hugs didn't have a great February at all either but remember today is a new day and positive thoughts bring positive actions x"

No problem at all x

STOKE ON TRENT

By *ackandJill1Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

Have you considered renting your house out to enable you to rent closer to them? Apologies if this is an obvious and already discarded suggestion x

Leeds

"Have you considered renting your house out to enable you to rent closer to them? Apologies if this is an obvious and already discarded suggestion x"

Argh replying to luckythickthighs

I have crippling social anxiety. I cannot really go to restaurants and order food. Hardly ever talk on phone to anybody except family.

Also doesn’t help having a stutter/stammer.

I stress too much typing a good conversation on here. Therapy hasn’t worked at all.

Been in and out of depression for years the last time I took anything for it was when I was 20 I don't wish to medicate or go to counseling but lately I feel I may have to do something as it's getting too much now.

Also suffer with anxiety and also grieving the loss of my mum a year and a half ago sometimes I feel like I will never feel happy again and it's shit

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

This winter has been a very long one. I hope to come out the other side soon

STOKE ON TRENT

"This winter has been a very long one. I hope to come out the other side soon"

Is that adult colouring books think I have one but it dont really help
"My anxiety's been a bit all over the place over the past couple of weeks, which has majorly affected my colouring, which is my favourite pastime and helps my mental health so it's an absolute dick when I can't get into it. Hasn't been helped by my stupid work patterns where I was working four days on with one day off in that time.

However, last week I finally started and completed a page AND enjoyed it due to one of my favourite illustrators running a competition, I'm on my first day off of four in the row so lots of time to chill out (and it's pay day the day I go back) and a supervisor who I'm really close to has been a total rock recently, and he's fixed my rota for next week to a particular pattern I like with three days off in a row without me even asking for it. "

Leeds

I've suffered with depression on and off since being a teenager, mostly mild 'blues' occasional bouts of black 'hibernation required' moods, definitely worse in the winter months. Always thought it was something I had to learn to manage and I did learn to BUT last year I was physically ill for quite a few months with a rolling symptom rollercoaster......tests/scans etc and folic acid deficiency anemia was diagnosed, 1 single folic acid tablet a day and not only have my physical symptoms gone but for the first time in my adulthood I feel mentally AMAZING! I'm positive, uplifted, proactive and wanting to do things I never would during the winter months! I am so surprised at this outcome, do doctors check vitamin levels of patients presenting with depression? I think they should!!

Not everyone's explanation or cure all but a simple blood test could help some...worth a thought at least xxx

Last few months have been the best and the worst in my life so far

Finally had I job was in love with they didn't care me bring dyslexic not great with number can say was truly happy travelling all over Ireland was great meet new fab friends but the At 23 I had a heart attack...and now with a pacemaker and my confidence got hit big!! With how I look and feel And I not allowed to do my job no more which was extremely upsetting and disappointing... But people here been the biggest help honestly

By *lint-EverhardMan  over a year ago

Perpignan and cap

I'm doing quite well thanks.

I haven't had sex since Christmas but it's not getting me down.

By *entlemenpipMan  over a year ago

not far

Felling really low of late not at my lowest a few years ago when I tried to end it all but I can see the path (if that makes sense) I suvk it up and put on a brave face but really all I want to do is run away I keep thinking how better off everyone would be without me and I'm finding it really hard to shake that feeling

» Add a new message to this topic