FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > LGBT?????

LGBT?????

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

On the tele box a couple of times I have heard this change to LGBT and some extra letters so what is it now and what does it stand for please.

Just trying to be a trendy dad and not upset my daughter by getting it wrong!!

T

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay and Trans

"On the tele box a couple of times I have heard this change to LGBT and some extra letters so what is it now and what does it stand for please.

T"

its a really old sports car

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

Some people call it LGBTQIA+ which adds queer, intersex, asexual (+ others) into the mix.

I'm part of the LGBT community and even I can't keep up with all the additional letters!

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

"On the tele box a couple of times I have heard this change to LGBT and some extra letters so what is it now and what does it stand for please.

T"

Welcome to the alphabet wars. LGBTQIA is getting some purchase (google it). Sometimes there's even a + sign added in.

One uber-cool way round this is to use GSRD - gender, sexuality and relationship diversity - if you drop Meg-John Barker into the conversation you'll be the coolest of cool dads...

Mr Icebreaker

By *hloevtTV/TS  over a year ago

norwich

I always thought it was a sandwich with bacon and salad in it !! X

TWelcome to the alphabet wars. LGBTQIA is getting some purchase (google it). Sometimes there's even a + sign added in.

One uber-cool way round this is to use GSRD - gender, sexuality and relationship diversity - if you drop Meg-John Barker into the conversation you'll be the coolest of cool dads...

Mr Icebreaker"

Actually the LGBTQIA is a very inclusive acronym especially the "A" in covers 90% of the single men on Fab

"I always thought it was a sandwich with bacon and salad in it !! X "
yeah the lesbian gay bi sexual and transgender BLT lol x

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I had a ride in an MGBGT once, what does that make me?

"I had a ride in an MGBGT once, what does that make me?"

I hope it wasn't my wife's

TWelcome to the alphabet wars. LGBTQIA is getting some purchase (google it). Sometimes there's even a + sign added in.

Mr Icebreaker

Actually the LGBTQIA is a very inclusive acronym especially the "A" in covers 90% of the single men on Fab "

It's not for lack of trying you know.

"Some people call it LGBTQIA+ which adds queer, intersex, asexual (+ others) into the mix.

I'm part of the LGBT community and even I can't keep up with all the additional letters! "

Thank you so much I knew there was a new q in the mix but didn’t catch the whole title.

Thanks again.

T

Very low to the ground I’d guess.

T

There’re gonna be fucked when they get to Z

All these random letters get added on, many gay men I know including myself do not understand what they are and who decided to add them on and we are getting a bit bored of it all

Mr Icebreaker

Actually the LGBTQIA is a very inclusive acronym especially the "A" in covers 90% of the single men on Fab

It's not for lack of trying you know. "

Never mind, you're welcome here anyway

"There’re gonna be fucked when they get to Z

"

Is that not the idea

"All these random letters get added on, many gay men I know including myself do not understand what they are and who decided to add them on and we are getting a bit bored of it all "

To be honest I can understand this completely.

T

"There’re gonna be fucked when they get to Z

Is that not the idea "

Cramlington

"All these random letters get added on, many gay men I know including myself do not understand what they are and who decided to add them on and we are getting a bit bored of it all

T"

So can I, but my understanding may come from a different standpoint to yours. The udnerstanding that oppression isn't binary, and that gay men may, accidentally or deliberately, oppose others receiving the privileges or protections they enjoy, especially in a model that relies on labels and definitions to defend what become to be seen as sectional interests, is easy to udnerstand, if you want to.

"All these random letters get added on, many gay men I know including myself do not understand what they are and who decided to add them on and we are getting a bit bored of it all

TSo can I, but my understanding may come from a different standpoint to yours. The udnerstanding that oppression isn't binary, and that gay men may, accidentally or deliberately, oppose others receiving the privileges or protections they enjoy, especially in a model that relies on labels and definitions to defend what become to be seen as sectional interests, is easy to udnerstand, if you want to.

"

You are completely wrong sorry, it is not about wishing others not having equal rights, it is simply not understanding why we are all being lumped in together, gender identity and sexuality are two completely separate things.

Special

"I had a ride in an MGBGT once, what does that make me?

Special "

My wife has an MGBGT as well as me, does that make her especially unlucky?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

What's a BLT ?

"What's a BLT ?"

a bum loving tranny I think?

Sorry

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"What's a BLT ?

a bum loving tranny I think?

Sorry "

Yum ...... I'll have one with mayo please

Cramlington

TSo can I, but my understanding may come from a different standpoint to yours. The udnerstanding that oppression isn't binary, and that gay men may, accidentally or deliberately, oppose others receiving the privileges or protections they enjoy, especially in a model that relies on labels and definitions to defend what become to be seen as sectional interests, is easy to udnerstand, if you want to.

You are completely wrong sorry, it is not about wishing others not having equal rights, it is simply not understanding why we are all being lumped in together, gender identity and sexuality are two completely separate things. "

There is of course a fine historical precedent about why trans people and gay people have sen their rights as being interdependent - the riot at the Stonewall bar was led by trans women of colour, who understood that there might be a solidarity of the oppressed.

Of course, once cis homosexual men had decided that gay was a term exclusively for them, and set about excluding others from their definition of gayness, the die was cast, and we ended up with the current situation, which is why some of us are trying to reclaim queerness as an umbrella term as well as an intellectual school of thought, and to use GSRD as a replacement for the alpabet soup.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It seems a bit odd for me to be part of the B community as I don’t feel like I’m a minority person. I suppose I must be. I don’t know what rights I might have either as a bisexual man. I’ve seen ‘no bi men’ on profiles though. I like the GSRD one - much easier to remember.

By *hloevtTV/TS  over a year ago

norwich

"What's a BLT ?"

Big lazy tranny x

I just go with LGB and be done with it.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"I just go with LGB and be done with it."

LGB+ is all it needs at this point since the + was added for that very reason if I'm not mistaken.

"I just go with LGB and be done with it.

LGB+ is all it needs at this point since the + was added for that very reason if I'm not mistaken. "

Exactly, it seems silly to just keep adding letters.

LGB+ is all it needs at this point since the + was added for that very reason if I'm not mistaken.

Exactly, it seems silly to just keep adding letters."

So are the L, G and B more important so they deserve a letter of their own? Others just a +, as anything else included.

I've seen it with P for paedophiles, apparently some of them feel misunderstood and discriminated against.

So are the L, G and B more important so they deserve a letter of their own? Others just a +, as anything else included.

I've seen it with P for paedophiles, apparently some of them feel misunderstood and discriminated against.

"

A short answer, yes. L, G and B represent sexual orientations which was the whole point of the acronym.

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

"

Are you comparing paedophiles with the groups talked about here?

A short answer, yes. L, G and B represent sexual orientations which was the whole point of the acronym."

Exactly, the T has nothing to do with me having same sex attraction, totally unrelated. However when people moan on in real life about ‘all this gay crap’ I notice they are actually referring to gender identity but I am automatically dragged in.

As everything has suddenly flung open about gender these days and loads of people identifying with it, the T and all other gender identities are varied enough and large enough now to have their own groupings.

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

"

Seriously???

"

Really? Are you seriously grouping paedophiles with the LGBT+ community?

And don’t think using the “I’ve seen it somewhere” as an excuse to be able to spout such vile shit here.

Simply disgusting!

By *itonmyfacebookMan  over a year ago

Burton on Trent

Appreciating he's a smug git I've just finished reading Identity Crisis by Ben Elton. Anyone read it? Just that it's pertaining to this. + Cis gender, etc.

Really? Are you seriously grouping paedophiles with the LGBT+ community?

And don’t think using the “I’ve seen it somewhere” as an excuse to be able to spout such vile shit here.

Simply disgusting! "

I resent being remotely put in the same catagory as peadophiles, I know a lot of people see us as perverts but bloody hell

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Appreciating he's a smug git I've just finished reading Identity Crisis by Ben Elton. Anyone read it? Just that it's pertaining to this. + Cis gender, etc. "
yes it’s really funny. Most of his books are really good.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

A short answer, yes. L, G and B represent sexual orientations which was the whole point of the acronym."

Well considering the fact that the + was added for the very fact you can't just keep adding letters to include everyone, you would end up with a fucked up alphabet if you did include them all. The shorter it is, the easier it is to rmemeber and easier it is for people to accept it and use it correctly.

» Add a new message to this topic