FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Formula 1

Formula 1

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ottopcock9 OP   Man  over a year ago

Cumnock

Hey folks, that’s pre season over. What’s everyone looking forward to for the season? What did we all make of testing?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Mercedes have this in the bag again.

Looking forward to seeing how McLaren and William's do

Dont care about Haas anymore but hoping for some great midfield battles

By *hloevtTV/TS  over a year ago

norwich

If it happens, Ferrari are struggling to get personal out of Italy, that would take them , hass and Alfa out of Australia.

The travel restrictions of so many people could become a logistical nightmare. China already postponed and I imagine others will be affected. Only time will tell.

But yes McLaren will progress and I hope Williams do better. X

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I just hope the ‘Pink Mercedes’ have a really crap season

By *DreamOfGenieWoman  over a year ago

London

Rooting for McLaren, all the way

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Can’t wait to see Mercedes trick steering in action

By *ntrigued32Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

Ferrari need to pull their socks up!

Hope McClaren do really well this season

D.

"Can’t wait to see Mercedes trick steering in action"

I’m not sure we will actually “see” it in action, it will just be another feature on a car. It is, however, an absolute blinder of an idea! No teams have actually said it, but it is my belief it is a game changer for this season. Mercedes will be able to run more toe-out to give them extra cornering ability, which I believe is where they will benefit most. Crossing my fingers!

"Can’t wait to see Mercedes trick steering in action"

But will you even "see" it?

Cumnock

Really looking forward to a great midfield battle though. With mclaren, Renault and poss hass and alpha Tauri coming to the party. Love this time of year. Best driver of the year though is gonna come from 1 of those teams.

"Really looking forward to a great midfield battle though. With mclaren, Renault and poss hass and alpha Tauri coming to the party. Love this time of year. Best driver of the year though is gonna come from 1 of those teams. "

Looking forward to seeing what Ric and Sainz do this year mainly.

Also hoping Russell can show his worth this year

It’ll be interesting to see how Williams do this year, last year they weren’t even ready for testing but it looks like they’ve got their act together

Cumnock

I see that f1.com are doing a fantasy f1. Does anyone fancy getting a league going?

By *arewithmeMan  over a year ago

Craven Arms

I'm looking forward to being in Melbourne for the first race.

By *r and Mrs SexploitCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd

We'll be in Belgium. Tickets booked.

"We'll be in Belgium. Tickets booked. "

Never forget the first time I walked up the Eau Rouge hill. It never looks that steep on the TV !

"I see that f1.com are doing a fantasy f1. Does anyone fancy getting a league going?"

I do one with gridrival, it's much better than f1

"We'll be in Belgium. Tickets booked. "

Just got my tickets for the Dutch F1.

So excited!

belfast/holywood

"Can’t wait to see Mercedes trick steering in action

I’m not sure we will actually “see” it in action, it will just be another feature on a car. It is, however, an absolute blinder of an idea! No teams have actually said it, but it is my belief it is a game changer for this season. Mercedes will be able to run more toe-out to give them extra cornering ability, which I believe is where they will benefit most. Crossing my fingers!"

Well from the cockpit can you can see the drivers pulling the steering wheel back and see the wheels straighten up on the straights and then push the steering wheel forward to toe out the tyres back to the normal position for the corners . So as I see it, the main benefit is on the straits when the tyres won’t be scrubbing as they will be pointing dead straight so less tyre wear and less overheating

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

I think Verstappen will edge a bit closer to his first title this year- he's starting to loose some of his youthful arrogance and stupidity (a bit like Hamilton had at times in his early years).

Leclerc will kick Vettels ass again, unless Vettel magically finds his form from 10 years ago.

I think with Verstappen, Leclerc, Albon, Saintz and Norris developing so quickly, the next few years is looking mighty interesting

By *erriAnneTV/TS  over a year ago

The shire

F1 stopped being interesting in the 90s. Its so boring now.

I wish a1 had kept going. same car for every driver with a sprint race and a feature race. Was far more exciting and it was down to pure driver skills opposed to which team can chuck the most money into development to get the fastest car.

I only ever found it interesting when a big crash happened. In saying that I did like Scalextrix.

belfast/holywood

Last few years have been at bottom of eau rouge ( when vettel towed up behind Hamilton but was too close to make the move on the straight due to Hamilton’s clever tactics) and at Turn 1 grandstand at Austin. Both very exciting spots to watch F1. Also been at Becketts and that was mind blowing . Have driven single seater Formula Renault at

Silverstone and don’t quite get the F1 is boring tag TBH

by the big field

".... don’t quite get the F1 is boring tag TBH"

How many of those saying it watch football (kick, kick, kick, shoot, miss, kick, fall over blade of grass...go home disappointed)- or cricket (chuck the ball, hit the ball, run away....repeat until lunchtime)?

Give me a loony on wheels anyday- F1, BTTC, Superbikes, WRC, GT's, Rallycross, Cycling- over most of the ball sports

"I think Verstappen will edge a bit closer to his first title this year- he's starting to loose some of his youthful arrogance and stupidity (a bit like Hamilton had at times in his early years).

Leclerc will kick Vettels ass again, unless Vettel magically finds his form from 10 years ago.

I think with Verstappen, Leclerc, Albon, Saintz and Norris developing so quickly, the next few years is looking mighty interesting "

I think with the young talent in F1 now, Max wont get a championship. Leclerc will get one before he does. Depending on how drivers move around, I dare say Norris, Russel and Albon will get there before max does

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

"Can’t wait to see Mercedes trick steering in action

I’m not sure we will actually “see” it in action, it will just be another feature on a car. It is, however, an absolute blinder of an idea! No teams have actually said it, but it is my belief it is a game changer for this season. Mercedes will be able to run more toe-out to give them extra cornering ability, which I believe is where they will benefit most. Crossing my fingers!

Well from the cockpit can you can see the drivers pulling the steering wheel back and see the wheels straighten up on the straights and then push the steering wheel forward to toe out the tyres back to the normal position for the corners . So as I see it, the main benefit is on the straits when the tyres won’t be scrubbing as they will be pointing dead straight so less tyre wear and less overheating"

In the old days it would have been banned a a moveable aerodynamic device not permitted by the technical regs. Wonder if Ferrari will try that tack with the stewards at the first race?

Mr Icebreaker

"Wonder if Ferrari will try that tack with the stewards at the first race?

Mr Icebreaker"

The dual axis steering has been deemed legal by the FIA, as it conforms with the wording.

Given Ferrari have just “had their knuckles wrapped” by the FIA in relation to the fuel bypass saga last year, I don’t think they will be able to whinge. By “knuckles wrapped”, they haven’t been declared innocent.

by the big field

"I think Verstappen will edge a bit closer to his first title this year- he's starting to loose some of his youthful arrogance and stupidity (a bit like Hamilton had at times in his early years).

I think with Verstappen, Leclerc, Albon, Saintz and Norris developing so quickly, the next few years is looking mighty interesting

I think with the young talent in F1 now, Max wont get a championship. Leclerc will get one before he does. Depending on how drivers move around, I dare say Norris, Russel and Albon will get there before max does "

Don't underestimate him, he's one of the most talented drivers of the last 20 years when he's not being an entitled spoon head

I think with the young talent in F1 now, Max wont get a championship. Leclerc will get one before he does. Depending on how drivers move around, I dare say Norris, Russel and Albon will get there before max does

Don't underestimate him, he's one of the most talented drivers of the last 20 years when he's not being an entitled spoon head "

Dont over estimate him. His arrogance will cost him championships time and time again

By *irenGuy70Man  over a year ago

Cirencester

Just started watching Series 2 of Drive To Survive on Netflix yesterday and it's certainly getting me in the mood for the season ahead. If you're a F1 fan and haven't watched it then I definitely recommend it - a real eye opener of what happens behind the scenes. Guenther Steiner is one hardass mf!

My take on testing is that Mercedes are streets ahead, with Red Bull next. Racing Point I would put next, then Ferrari. I think Ferrari are going to have a slow start to the year.

Of the rest, I think Williams will join Haas at the back, McLaren haven't made the big jump to get into the top 3, and the AlphaTauri car is the best looking car on the grid. Not so sure this season will be a classic, I can see a few GPs being cancelled due to the virus no-one must speak about. More looking forward to next season with the totally reworked cars for the new rules.

by the big field

Don't underestimate him, he's one of the most talented drivers of the last 20 years when he's not being an entitled spoon head

Dont over estimate him. His arrogance will cost him championships time and time again "

He does remind me of Hamilton in his first couple of seasons- he make some really stupid moves. Its just taken Max longer to grow up and strighten out and Red Bull aren't quite there with the rest of the package recently either.

Cramlington

Mr Icebreaker

The dual axis steering has been deemed legal by the FIA, as it conforms with the wording.

Given Ferrari have just “had their knuckles wrapped” by the FIA in relation to the fuel bypass saga last year, I don’t think they will be able to whinge. By “knuckles wrapped”, they haven’t been declared innocent."

What were their knuckles wrapped in?

Dont over estimate him. His arrogance will cost him championships time and time again

He does remind me of Hamilton in his first couple of seasons- he make some really stupid moves. Its just taken Max longer to grow up and strighten out and Red Bull aren't quite there with the rest of the package recently either."

By the time he grows up, he'll have missed out to other drivers on the grid

belfast/holywood

"Just started watching Series 2 of Drive To Survive on Netflix yesterday and it's certainly getting me in the mood for the season ahead. If you're a F1 fan and haven't watched it then I definitely recommend it - a real eye opener of what happens behind the scenes. Guenther Steiner is one hardass mf!

My take on testing is that Mercedes are streets ahead, with Red Bull next. Racing Point I would put next, then Ferrari. I think Ferrari are going to have a slow start to the year.

Of the rest, I think Williams will join Haas at the back, McLaren haven't made the big jump to get into the top 3, and the AlphaTauri car is the best looking car on the grid. Not so sure this season will be a classic, I can see a few GPs being cancelled due to the virus no-one must speak about. More looking forward to next season with the totally reworked cars for the new rules.

"

Steiner is a monster isn’t he lol. The way he talks to his drivers. Comedy gold. Why he kept them 2 fuckwits is beyond me

By *eltonmanMan  over a year ago

Melton Mowbray

I think the new Merc steering devices will be made illigal for 2021 and beyond, seems its 'legal' for this season

"I think the new Merc steering devices will be made illigal for 2021 and beyond, seems its 'legal' for this season"

It is only legal for this season

belfast/holywood

Mr Icebreaker

Given Ferrari have just “had their knuckles wrapped” by the FIA in relation to the fuel bypass saga last year, I don’t think they will be able to whinge. By “knuckles wrapped”, they haven’t been declared innocent.What were their knuckles wrapped in?"

Everyone knew they were guilty but proving it wasn’t possible. 6 poles on the trot then the FIA investigate and hey presto, a tortoise could beat them in qualy

By *actilemale4uMan  over a year ago

London

Really looking forward to this season. Merc will be way down the road with their new steering system. Racing point will be mixing it up the red bulls and ferrari. Leclerk just as fast as max and not a hot head. Vettals last season as leclerk will regularly out qualify and out race. My opinion.

By *atenaWoman  over a year ago

Hyde

I’m as excited as a kid in a sweet shop!!!!

Love the new designs on the cars... but #TeamLH always!!!

By *uicy jonesMan  over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

"Hey folks, that’s pre season over. What’s everyone looking forward to for the season? What did we all make of testing?"

Lewis Hamilton’s next hair style

By *hloevtTV/TS  over a year ago

norwich

"Really looking forward to this season. Merc will be way down the road with their new steering system. Racing point will be mixing it up the red bulls and ferrari. Leclerk just as fast as max and not a hot head. Vettals last season as leclerk will regularly out qualify and out race. My opinion. "

Think the new steering system on the Merc has already been banned. X

belfast/holywood

"Really looking forward to this season. Merc will be way down the road with their new steering system. Racing point will be mixing it up the red bulls and ferrari. Leclerk just as fast as max and not a hot head. Vettals last season as leclerk will regularly out qualify and out race. My opinion.

Think the new steering system on the Merc has already been banned. X "

Banned from next year. Not this year

Cramlington

Mr Icebreaker

Given Ferrari have just “had their knuckles wrapped” by the FIA in relation to the fuel bypass saga last year, I don’t think they will be able to whinge. By “knuckles wrapped”, they haven’t been declared innocent.What were their knuckles wrapped in?

Everyone knew they were guilty but proving it wasn’t possible. 6 poles on the trot then the FIA investigate and hey presto, a tortoise could beat them in qualy"

Apologies - I was gently teasing you about your homophonic error in referring to knuckles being wrapped rather than rapped.... F1's sordid history of always forgiving Ferrari while punishing others is of course taken as read these days (or maybe taken as red, in the homophonic spirit of the moment...)

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

"Hey folks, that’s pre season over. What’s everyone looking forward to for the season? What did we all make of testing?"

Testing was interesting but hey can't give too much away performance wise so all a bit cagey. Telescopic steering wheel time will tell. Personally I think it won't be a big deal, more of hinderance, especially when it malfunctions and sticks a bad position at speed around a bend.

Hope Red Bull get constructors, Bottas will get driver, but I'm rooting for Verstappen. Miss Murray W, saying "It's Verstappen"

By *hesty BetsyWoman  over a year ago

Bury

Can’t wait for the first race in Australia, the winter break has felt like it’s gone on forever! Really hoping the Corona virus doesn’t affect this season too much, though for the sake of the teams & the fans, I’d rather they didn’t take unnecessary risks.

I think I’m going to have to sign up for Netflix to see the 2nd series of Drive to Survive. Can’t wait to see Steiner again, he was the star of Season 1, he’s awesome!

All you lot going to different circuits are making me jealous, it’s the first year since 2014 I’ve not made it to an overseas race & I’ve not even booked Silverstone yet (can’t see me holding out much longer though, it’s gotta be done)

Go TeamLH44!

"Can’t wait for the first race in Australia, the winter break has felt like it’s gone on forever! Really hoping the Corona virus doesn’t affect this season too much, though for the sake of the teams & the fans, I’d rather they didn’t take unnecessary risks.

I think I’m going to have to sign up for Netflix to see the 2nd series of Drive to Survive. Can’t wait to see Steiner again, he was the star of Season 1, he’s awesome!

All you lot going to different circuits are making me jealous, it’s the first year since 2014 I’ve not made it to an overseas race & I’ve not even booked Silverstone yet (can’t see me holding out much longer though, it’s gotta be done)

Go TeamLH44! "

Steiner is only really in one episode. He was much better in season 1. Still a great season though.

LH44 all the way!

Bury

"Steiner is only really in one episode. He was much better in season 1. Still a great season though.

LH44 all the way! "

You have great taste Though I do have a soft spot for Danny Ric & I do feel for Williams, they just have no luck.

Saw that Verstappen spent a lot of time facing the wrong way the past few days. He’s an annoying little twerp that thinks he’s way better than he actually is. Someone needs to put him firmly in his place...then he might stop his bleating!

By *irenGuy70Man  over a year ago

Cirencester

"Steiner is only really in one episode. He was much better in season 1. Still a great season though.

LH44 all the way!

Saw that Verstappen spent a lot of time facing the wrong way the past few days. He’s an annoying little twerp that thinks he’s way better than he actually is. Someone needs to put him firmly in his place...then he might stop his bleating! "

Really? That's interesting because I don't see that in him personally. I'd rate him in the top 3 fastest drivers on the grid. He holds many record as the 'youngest' driver in F1, ie the youngest driver to race in F1, to lead a race, score points, set fastest lap, get a podium, win a race and win multiple races. I think it would be really interesting to see what he'd be like in the Merc - I'm sure he would be much, much more of a challenge to LH than Bottas is.

"Rooting for McLaren, all the way "

snap

Cumnock

Would love to see mclaren push the top 3 hard

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Haven’t watched F1 for years. Is Emerson Fittipaldi still doing well?

Bury

"Really? That's interesting because I don't see that in him personally. I'd rate him in the top 3 fastest drivers on the grid. He holds many record as the 'youngest' driver in F1, ie the youngest driver to race in F1, to lead a race, score points, set fastest lap, get a podium, win a race and win multiple races. I think it would be really interesting to see what he'd be like in the Merc - I'm sure he would be much, much more of a challenge to LH than Bottas is.

"

He may be the youngest in some areas but he’s not consistently the best, some of the comments he makes seem to suggest he thinks he is. It’s taken him 5 years to get 2 poles & 8 wins - in Lewis’s inaugural season he got 6 poles, 4 wins & 2 fastest laps whereas Max had 4 DNFs, no podiums and a best-place-finish of a P4. Max has come from a privileged background where his dad was a racing driver, Lewis scaled his way up to F1 with a dad working 4 jobs. Max needs to do his talking on the track & show is how good he is

» Add a new message to this topic