FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Metal Thread

The Metal Thread

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he Little Fuck Machine OP   Man  over a year ago

Co.Antrim

Since the OP’s original Thread got too big.

May the discussions continue \m/

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Co.Antrim

Tonight’s listening to shall be the following albums

Electric Wizard-Dopethrone

Weakling-Dead As Dreams

Benighted-Indentistick

Wolves In The Throne Room-Diadem of 12 Stars

Enslaved-Below The Lights

Endstille-Navigator

By *uryWhipMan  over a year ago

Harringay

I just got some Anaal Nathrakh stuck in my head so going to blast some of that at my annoying neighbours

Co.Antrim

"I just got some Anaal Nathrakh stuck in my head so going to blast some of that at my annoying neighbours "

I actually flicked past The Codex Necro there when I was looking for Endstille and Enslaved CD’s.

Harringay

"I just got some Anaal Nathrakh stuck in my head so going to blast some of that at my annoying neighbours

I actually flicked past The Codex Necro there when I was looking for Endstille and Enslaved CD’s. "

Thats a good-un. Woke up with Enslaved's Isa in my head.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

Well at the mo..I'm listening to screams from the gutter..by Italy's . raw power.. from way back in 1985.. it's metal..h/c.. called crossover back in the day ...

Co.Antrim

"I just got some Anaal Nathrakh stuck in my head so going to blast some of that at my annoying neighbours

I actually flicked past The Codex Necro there when I was looking for Endstille and Enslaved CD’s.

Thats a good-un. Woke up with Enslaved's Isa in my head. "

I’m pretty sure that’s how I got into Enslaved, think it was maybe “Return to Yggdrasil” or another ISA track was on one of the Terrorizer Compilation CD’s. I was never into BM at the time but I liked that and my mate told me to check out Below The Lights. Heard “As Fire Swept Clean The Earth” and it blew me away.

Harringay

I’m pretty sure that’s how I got into Enslaved, think it was maybe “Return to Yggdrasil” or another ISA track was on one of the Terrorizer Compilation CD’s. I was never into BM at the time but I liked that and my mate told me to check out Below The Lights. Heard “As Fire Swept Clean The Earth” and it blew me away."

That track is pretty amazing. I prefer there more Black Metal stuff to the later progressive stuff. Hordanes Land and Frost were records I listened to religiously in secondary school. Love that they still play Slaget i Skogen Bortenfor live. Learnt the all lyrics for that in Norweigen when I played in a band with two Norwegian brothers.

Co.Antrim

I’m pretty sure that’s how I got into Enslaved, think it was maybe “Return to Yggdrasil” or another ISA track was on one of the Terrorizer Compilation CD’s. I was never into BM at the time but I liked that and my mate told me to check out Below The Lights. Heard “As Fire Swept Clean The Earth” and it blew me away.

That track is pretty amazing. I prefer there more Black Metal stuff to the later progressive stuff. Hordanes Land and Frost were records I listened to religiously in secondary school. Love that they still play Slaget i Skogen Bortenfor live. Learnt the all lyrics for that in Norweigen when I played in a band with two Norwegian brothers. "

I’ll be honest, I’m one of those Mid Era Enslaved fans. Don’t like the more Progressive stuff and whilst Frost and self etc are awesome Below The Lights style Enslaved is more my thing! I’m in a WITTR, Weakling,Alcest,Altar of Plagues kinda vibe atm Gonna hoak out some early Agalloch and Woods of Yypres as most of my listening atm is nostalgic and stuff I’ve not spun in donkeys.

Harringay

That track is pretty amazing. I prefer there more Black Metal stuff to the later progressive stuff. Hordanes Land and Frost were records I listened to religiously in secondary school. Love that they still play Slaget i Skogen Bortenfor live. Learnt the all lyrics for that in Norweigen when I played in a band with two Norwegian brothers.

I’ll be honest, I’m one of those Mid Era Enslaved fans. Don’t like the more Progressive stuff and whilst Frost and self etc are awesome Below The Lights style Enslaved is more my thing! I’m in a WITTR, Weakling,Alcest,Altar of Plagues kinda vibe atm Gonna hoak out some early Agalloch and Woods of Yypres as most of my listening atm is nostalgic and stuff I’ve not spun in donkeys."

Alter of Plagues are awesome. Dont mind some early Agalloch. Really dont get Alcest. Seen them at festivals a couple of time and walked away. Weird when you consider that guy is from some proper underground Black Metal bands from Les Legions Noir scene, which pre-dates the Norweigen scene.

Co.Antrim

I’ll be honest, I’m one of those Mid Era Enslaved fans. Don’t like the more Progressive stuff and whilst Frost and self etc are awesome Below The Lights style Enslaved is more my thing! I’m in a WITTR, Weakling,Alcest,Altar of Plagues kinda vibe atm Gonna hoak out some early Agalloch and Woods of Yypres as most of my listening atm is nostalgic and stuff I’ve not spun in donkeys.

Alter of Plagues are awesome. Dont mind some early Agalloch. Really dont get Alcest. Seen them at festivals a couple of time and walked away. Weird when you consider that guy is from some proper underground Black Metal bands from Les Legions Noir scene, which pre-dates the Norweigen scene. "

Sol absolutely blew me away, I became that annoying arsehole that would make people listen to it and be like “This bit! Wait, wait for this bit here! What? You don’t think that’s amazing?” lol I’ll be honest, Alcest wasn’t the band I had in mind but couldn’t remember the name so thought I’d give Alcest another listen! That’s how I feel about Darkthrone and Mayhem tbh. Just bore me to tears. I done that with Between The Buried and Me when I went to see DEP. We managed to get right up to the second row but 2 tracks in I thought sod where we were I’m going to the bar lol Most boring soul destroying set ever was Queens of The Stone Age but my mate bought me a ticket and paid for a Hotel room so I couldn’t be rude and disappear but they even played my two favourite tracks(Albeit I’m not a big fan although I do love Kyuss etc) and even those tracks were totally devoid of anything enjoyable. On the flipside Hatebreed used to bore me to tears but ai seen them support Bleeding Through(I think) and after years of not liking them I became a fan based on that one set.

Co.Antrim

Amesoeurs, that’s who I wanted to revisit but could mind the name and Alcest popped into my head instead.

Harringay

Alter of Plagues are awesome. Dont mind some early Agalloch. Really dont get Alcest. Seen them at festivals a couple of time and walked away. Weird when you consider that guy is from some proper underground Black Metal bands from Les Legions Noir scene, which pre-dates the Norweigen scene.

Sol absolutely blew me away, I became that annoying arsehole that would make people listen to it and be like “This bit! Wait, wait for this bit here! What? You don’t think that’s amazing?” lol I’ll be honest, Alcest wasn’t the band I had in mind but couldn’t remember the name so thought I’d give Alcest another listen! That’s how I feel about Darkthrone and Mayhem tbh. Just bore me to tears. I done that with Between The Buried and Me when I went to see DEP. We managed to get right up to the second row but 2 tracks in I thought sod where we were I’m going to the bar lol Most boring soul destroying set ever was Queens of The Stone Age but my mate bought me a ticket and paid for a Hotel room so I couldn’t be rude and disappear but they even played my two favourite tracks(Albeit I’m not a big fan although I do love Kyuss etc) and even those tracks were totally devoid of anything enjoyable. On the flipside Hatebreed used to bore me to tears but ai seen them support Bleeding Through(I think) and after years of not liking them I became a fan based on that one set."

Not a fan of what QOTSA have become. Was really disappointed with the last Desert Sessions album too. Right from the begining they've been a completely different animal to Kyuss. Nothing sounds as good as Kyuss. Im the same with Mayhem. Think they've only done one album since De Mystris Dom Santnas that's worth listening to and thats Chimera. I like Burzum when hes actually writing songs and not that electronic ambient stuff. Opeth got too weird for me and find lot of their back catalogue boring now. First time I heard them was a sampler but that song isnt on any album.

Co.Antrim

Demons of The Fall is the only Opeth track I like. I know they’re completely different but it was always a case of Opeth and/or Katatonia couldn’t be mentioned without the other been brought up. My Best mate was a massive Opeth fan and I was always mad about Katatonia up until Deliberation style stuff but could never get into Opeth at all.

I really wanted to like Burzum and I even deluded myself for a while but realistically I just didn’t get his music. Never did get a lot of “Kvlt” BM though to be fair. I was primarily always a DM head and my best Mate was more BM so he got me into a lot of the more atmospheric BM and I got him into a lot of Slam and proper Guttural stuff before that wave of pure keech started.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Cannibal corpse at the moment picked up 3 of their cd's for £12 in local secondhand record shop along with a candlemass ep, in the car its Dopethrone and usually have YouTube in a separate window while on pc with a Burzum play list going

Co.Antrim

Forgot to say I loved what Slo Burn and Solace put out and although it was the complete opposite of what I’d normally enjoy there was a Brant Bjork album which just totally consumed my brain til I eventually ended up enjoying it! Cannae mind the name of it though. Never enjoyed his other stuff all the same.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

My son's mate got me into Opeth, but prefer the older stuff.

Harringay

"Demons of The Fall is the only Opeth track I like. I know they’re completely different but it was always a case of Opeth and/or Katatonia couldn’t be mentioned without the other been brought up. My Best mate was a massive Opeth fan and I was always mad about Katatonia up until Deliberation style stuff but could never get into Opeth at all.

I really wanted to like Burzum and I even deluded myself for a while but realistically I just didn’t get his music. Never did get a lot of “Kvlt” BM though to be fair. I was primarily always a DM head and my best Mate was more BM so he got me into a lot of the more atmospheric BM and I got him into a lot of Slam and proper Guttural stuff before that wave of pure keech started.

"

Opeth and Katatonia usually record their albums around the same and have their own private listening parties for both. Thats what Mikael said in an interview once anyway.

Im into most forms of Extreme Metal. Black Metal only goes so far before it gets tiresome. DM has more going for it. Dont like tech Death as much. Saw Possessed live a few years ago. That was legendary.

"Cannibal corpse at the moment picked up 3 of their cd's for £12 "

Which ones?

Harringay

"Forgot to say I loved what Slo Burn and Solace put out and although it was the complete opposite of what I’d normally enjoy there was a Brant Bjork album which just totally consumed my brain til I eventually ended up enjoying it! Cannae mind the name of it though. Never enjoyed his other stuff all the same."

'Pilot that motherfucking dune' Love a bit of Slo-Burn

Leeched album To dull the blades of your abuse, is pretty fuckin awesome

Co.Antrim

"Cannibal corpse at the moment picked up 3 of their cd's for £12

Which ones? "

Hopefully the ones where Barnes was a beast before too many bong hits and atrocious Vocals with Pish like Six Feet Under

Co.Antrim

"Forgot to say I loved what Slo Burn and Solace put out and although it was the complete opposite of what I’d normally enjoy there was a Brant Bjork album which just totally consumed my brain til I eventually ended up enjoying it! Cannae mind the name of it though. Never enjoyed his other stuff all the same.

'Pilot that motherfucking dune' Love a bit of Slo-Burn"

Pure awesomeness but it has to be Snake Hips for me!

Co.Antrim

"Demons of The Fall is the only Opeth track I like. I know they’re completely different but it was always a case of Opeth and/or Katatonia couldn’t be mentioned without the other been brought up. My Best mate was a massive Opeth fan and I was always mad about Katatonia up until Deliberation style stuff but could never get into Opeth at all.

Opeth and Katatonia usually record their albums around the same and have their own private listening parties for both. Thats what Mikael said in an interview once anyway.

Im into most forms of Extreme Metal. Black Metal only goes so far before it gets tiresome. DM has more going for it. Dont like tech Death as much. Saw Possessed live a few years ago. That was legendary. "

Aye, didn’t Katatonia do an album lunch on a boat or something? Maybe I’m just imaging that though! Not a big fan of Tech Death either although stuff in the vain of Cephalic Carnage’s Lucid Interval I could listen to all day(When in the mood). Never got into Possessed, just not the type of DM I was ever into really.

Harringay

Im into most forms of Extreme Metal. Black Metal only goes so far before it gets tiresome. DM has more going for it. Dont like tech Death as much. Saw Possessed live a few years ago. That was legendary.

Aye, didn’t Katatonia do an album lunch on a boat or something? Maybe I’m just imaging that though! Not a big fan of Tech Death either although stuff in the vain of Cephalic Carnage’s Lucid Interval I could listen to all day(When in the mood). Never got into Possessed, just not the type of DM I was ever into really."

Guess they were more Thrash but technically one of the first Death Metal bands. Definitely one of the first that used tremalo picking.

Which ones?

Hopefully the ones where Barnes was a beast before too many bong hits and atrocious Vocals with Pish like Six Feet Under "

He does like his bong

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Bon Scott died 40 years ago today. Played "Powerage" album as a tribute today.

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

I'm something of an ex-Metaller, I stopped following the genre in the late 90s when it turned into 'nu metal', but I still have a penchant for my favourite bands from back in the day. I do like the fact that Megadeth are more popular now than at any stage in the past...

North West

On a related but different metal thread, just rediscovered my love of Nightwish

Co.Antrim

"On a related but different metal thread, just rediscovered my love of Nightwish "

Pick yourself favourite song and change all the lyrics to Norn Irish slang

North West

"On a related but different metal thread, just rediscovered my love of Nightwish

Pick yourself favourite song and change all the lyrics to Norn Irish slang "

Is that a challenge?! How's about Nemo and their epic cover of Over the Hills and Far Away?

But if ghost bc will be on in the car soon

By *rctopusMan  over a year ago

Borehamwood

"On a related but different metal thread, just rediscovered my love of Nightwish "

I love the fact that Richard Dawkins's first ever rock/pop gig was when he appeared on stage with them!

North West

"On a related but different metal thread, just rediscovered my love of Nightwish

I love the fact that Richard Dawkins's first ever rock/pop gig was when he appeared on stage with them!"

We love the fact that the dude who plays pipes is from Workington in Cumbria

Co.Antrim

No Music today but it shall be a Crowbar sort of evening! What’s everyone been listening to?

"No Music today but it shall be a Crowbar sort of evening! What’s everyone been listening to?"

Today is a Godflesh kinda day

Co.Antrim

"No Music today but it shall be a Crowbar sort of evening! What’s everyone been listening to?

Today is a Godflesh kinda day "

Not listened to Godflesh in years! If I listen to Streetcleaner that’ll be the Crowbar binge out the window but Godflesh would suit my current moods too

North West

"No Music today but it shall be a Crowbar sort of evening! What’s everyone been listening to?"

Keeping it classic and had an overwhelming Iron Maiden urge here

"No Music today but it shall be a Crowbar sort of evening! What’s everyone been listening to?

Not listened to Godflesh in years! If I listen to Streetcleaner that’ll be the Crowbar binge out the window but Godflesh would suit my current moods too "

Songs of love & hate beltin all day

Had Black Label Society on most of the day much to the displeasure of my workmates

SDMF!

North West

"Had Black Label Society on most of the day much to the displeasure of my workmates

SDMF! "

Nice choice, love a bit of Zakk Wylde

"Had Black Label Society on most of the day much to the displeasure of my workmates

SDMF!

Nice choice, love a bit of Zakk Wylde "

Been dipping between BLS Down and Pride and Glory

Nice n heavy through the guitar amp I have at work

North West

SDMF!

Nice choice, love a bit of Zakk Wylde

Been dipping between BLS Down and Pride and Glory

Nice n heavy through the guitar amp I have at work "

Oooo nice! No1 son plays in a band. He has a massive cab in his room and the volume is often turned up to 11. We hear all sorts that he plays

He started out as a 4yo on a toy guitar trying to play along to Trivium. I'm probably the only person who gets teary when I hear Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation or Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr. He plays them properly now (proud mum )

Co.Antrim

Not listened to Godflesh in years! If I listen to Streetcleaner that’ll be the Crowbar binge out the window but Godflesh would suit my current moods too

Songs of love & hate beltin all day "

Ended up listening to Songs of Love & Hate last night! Then ended up on a brief Justin Broderick binge. Not sure what to listen to today

Co.Antrim

Just hoaked our over 200 albums I’ve not listened to in nearly 10 years, this could be interesting

North West

"Just hoaked our over 200 albums I’ve not listened to in nearly 10 years, this could be interesting "

Have fun my Norn Irish amigo

Co.Antrim

"Just hoaked our over 200 albums I’ve not listened to in nearly 10 years, this could be interesting

Have fun my Norn Irish amigo "

Merci buckets! Need something hefty to drown out The All American Rejects annoyance that has been stuck in my heid for days. Not blaming anyone like

North West

"Just hoaked our over 200 albums I’ve not listened to in nearly 10 years, this could be interesting

Merci buckets! Need something hefty to drown out The All American Rejects annoyance that has been stuck in my heid for days. Not blaming anyone like "

You're my dirty little secret

Co.Antrim

Merci buckets! Need something hefty to drown out The All American Rejects annoyance that has been stuck in my heid for days. Not blaming anyone like

You're my dirty little secret "

The secret may be out now but I can still be your Little Fuck Machine

Today is Ministry sunday

Co.Antrim

"Today is Ministry sunday "

Would you be so kind as to pick some bands or albums for me, please Kaizer? Can’t decide what vibes to go for today! Have Lies, Lies, Lies stuck in my head now though whilst Jesus builds my Hotrod

Currently listening to broke by (Hed) P.E

"Today is Ministry sunday

Would you be so kind as to pick some bands or albums for me, please Kaizer? Can’t decide what vibes to go for today! Have Lies, Lies, Lies stuck in my head now though whilst Jesus builds my Hotrod "

Albums:

Land of R_pe and Honey

The mind is a terrible thing to taste

Pslam 69

House of the mole

Rio grande blood

Last sucker

Co.Antrim

Would you be so kind as to pick some bands or albums for me, please Kaizer? Can’t decide what vibes to go for today! Have Lies, Lies, Lies stuck in my head now though whilst Jesus builds my Hotrod

Albums:

Land of R_pe and Honey

Pslam 69

House of the mole

Rio grande blood

Last sucker

"

I meant bands/albums in general But I’m guessing your answer will remain Ministry related

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

AC/DC - If you Want Blood...

Ozzy - Blizzard of Ozz

Motorhead - Ace of Spade

Iron Maiden - Killers

Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell

UFO - Strangers in the Night

Ted Nugent - Weekend Warriors

Whitesnake - Slide it In

Kiss - Rock 'n' Roll Over

Styx - Pieces of Eight

Albums:

Land of R_pe and Honey

Pslam 69

House of the mole

Rio grande blood

Last sucker

I meant bands/albums in general But I’m guessing your answer will remain Ministry related "

As stated "Today is Ministry sunday"

Blackened

North West

The secret may be out now but I can still be your Little Fuck Machine "

You'll have to play your cards right, my gift-of-the-gab Norn Irishman

Co.Antrim

The secret may be out now but I can still be your Little Fuck Machine

You'll have to play your cards right, my gift-of-the-gab Norn Irishman "

I keep my cards close to my chest but you can come a little closer and take a peak if you’d like

Co.Antrim

Off the back of The Best Rock/Metal Vocalists Thread I feel obligated to have a Bathory binge! Been a few years but I used to stick the back catalogue on every now and again and make a day of it.

North West

"Off the back of The Best Rock/Metal Vocalists Thread I feel obligated to have a Bathory binge! Been a few years but I used to stick the back catalogue on every now and again and make a day of it."

No.1 son also loves Bathory. Started a reet interesting conversation en español with the lovely security chap at Tenerife South airport on the back of him wearing his Bathory t-shirt

Co.Antrim

"Off the back of The Best Rock/Metal Vocalists Thread I feel obligated to have a Bathory binge! Been a few years but I used to stick the back catalogue on every now and again and make a day of it.

No.1 son also loves Bathory. Started a reet interesting conversation en español with the lovely security chap at Tenerife South airport on the back of him wearing his Bathory t-shirt "

Haha Awesome. That in itself sounds epic as fuck, Viking Spaniards! When I first discovered Bathory I actually thought I was listening to “Batlord” due to the Font of the Logo

North West

"Off the back of The Best Rock/Metal Vocalists Thread I feel obligated to have a Bathory binge! Been a few years but I used to stick the back catalogue on every now and again and make a day of it.

No.1 son also loves Bathory. Started a reet interesting conversation en español with the lovely security chap at Tenerife South airport on the back of him wearing his Bathory t-shirt

Haha Awesome. That in itself sounds epic as fuck, Viking Spaniards! When I first discovered Bathory I actually thought I was listening to “Batlord” due to the Font of the Logo "

He was a muy guapo security chappie too. It was the dedicated lane for people with mobility problems and we were the only family. We chatted for ages about music etc. A very pleasant ending to hols

Co.Antrim

Migraine, so no heftiness at present

Co.Antrim

What’s everyone been blasting recently? Not very much music for me the last couple of days due to Migraines but Katatonia and A Perfect Circle mainly.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

Blue cheer..the first two.. and best two.. albums by them....

"What’s everyone been blasting recently? Not very much music for me the last couple of days due to Migraines but Katatonia and A Perfect Circle mainly."

Car bomb

Co.Antrim

"What’s everyone been blasting recently? Not very much music for me the last couple of days due to Migraines but Katatonia and A Perfect Circle mainly.

Car bomb "

Ohh, new band for me to check out

Loco il nino

North West

My son's own compositions as he was preparing for his uni audition

Currently listening to 'The Amity Affliction' x

By *eavy-Metal-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

Been blasting Sabaton while on COD MW, perfect together

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

I've had Flotsam and Jetsam's The End of Chaos album on, as it fits with the sunny weather for me.

Got 10000 fist in the aiiiiiiarrrrrrr

On repeat in my head today

Co.Antrim

Converge binge

Co.Antrim

My Dying Bride-The Dreadful Hours

[Removed by poster at 28/02/20 14:21:00]

"What’s everyone been blasting recently? Not very much music for me the last couple of days due to Migraines but Katatonia and A Perfect Circle mainly.

Car bomb

Ohh, new band for me to check out "

What ya think?

Co.Antrim

Only got around to checking out a few songs so far but I’m liking what I’ve heard! Even time I can hear influences or think they sound like someone they totally throw me off again! Will check full albums and/or EP’s our when I get a proper chance

Leeched are on my list too.

I went from being Metal Encyclopaedia and start Gigs flat out to basically not listening to anything for years only recently getting back into it again so I’ve no doubt 100’s of Bands to catch up with.

Co.Antrim

Keep hitting the snooze button, so some Primordial on now.

Co.Antrim

Altar of Plagues, Primordial, Mourning Beloveth and Mael Mordha kinda morning.

By *orksRockerMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Been listening and watchibg NiN 'Beside you in Time' disc and remembering how much I love these tracks!

Co.Antrim

[Removed by poster at 01/03/20 18:05:02]

Co.Antrim

"Been listening and watchibg NiN 'Beside you in Time' disc and remembering how much I love these tracks!

I traded my Copies of PHM & TDS for NY DM albums many years ago. Done the same with my Primis collection then a year later had to go and rebuy my favourite albums all over again "

Primus

Co.Antrim

Brothers everywhere raise your hands into the air

We’re Warriors, Warriors of the World!!

Was just listening to pelican and candlemass before going fishing current music in car is gaahls wyrd I can also recommend the neurosis & jarboe latest release

Co.Antrim

"Was just listening to pelican and candlemass before going fishing current music in car is gaahls wyrd I can also recommend the neurosis & jarboe latest release "

That’s a band I’ve not heard of in years! Was also more into Isis or Red Sparrows! Also haven’t listened to Candlemass in years either!

Nice, I’m a Flyfisherman so tryna watch a dry fly whilst listening to metal doesn’t usually bode well but it’s great for figure of 8 retrieving Nymphs and/or Buzzers in Stillwaters

Co.Antrim

"Was just listening to pelican and candlemass before going fishing current music in car is gaahls wyrd I can also recommend the neurosis & jarboe latest release "

Personally I never enjoyed the Jarboe collaborations.

Co.Antrim

What’s Sir Kaizer been blasting?

"What’s Sir Kaizer been blasting?"

Iwrestledabearonce

Co.Antrim

"What’s Sir Kaizer been blasting?

Iwrestledabearonce

"

Was never a fan tbh! I can’t find anything that suits my mood so far today!

Iwrestledabearonce

Was never a fan tbh! I can’t find anything that suits my mood so far today!"

Gojira

Co.Antrim

Iwrestledabearonce

Was never a fan tbh! I can’t find anything that suits my mood so far today!

Gojira "

Miss them everytime they’re here

Cult of Luna

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

I've just got the new Body Count album, and I'm looking forward to hearing the new My Dying Bride today.

Co.Antrim

"I've just got the new Body Count album, and I'm looking forward to hearing the new My Dying Bride today. "

Stopped listening to MDB after Songs Of Darkness, Words of Light but still one of my all time favourite bands and The Dreadful Hours is one of the most perfect albums ever written IMO.

Just to mix things up a bit, let’s recommend 10 bands and/or songs for people to check out.

By *aptainhook1Man  over a year ago

Celtenham

After having all but one of my gigs cancelled due to the virus, I can still get to see Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult on Saturday so gonna be giving them a good listen tonight.

North West

"After having all but one of my gigs cancelled due to the virus, I can still get to see Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult on Saturday so gonna be giving them a good listen tonight. "

So glad that Grand Magus and Wolf was last week and not more recently, was a great night, right at the front

Black Tongue?

Glad that I got to see Anathema and the Death Angel/Exodus/Testament gig just before the crackdown. Both were amazing.

I got offered to join up to a hardcore band a couple of weeks back.

I burst eardrum means I’ll be nowhere near my drums for weeks

Has anyone heard Infant Annihilator? I can't get over Aaron Kitcher's drumming.

It almost made me give up drumming entirely!

Can anyone recommend similarly good drums in bands please?

"Has anyone heard Infant Annihilator? I can't get over Aaron Kitcher's drumming.

Can anyone recommend similarly good drums in bands please?"

Yes! They’re fucking awesome. He does use triggers though, even on triggers his speed is godlike.

The speed at which he gravity blasts on cuntcrusher is mind blowing.

Check out rings of Saturn for extreme technical metal.

"Has anyone heard Infant Annihilator? I can't get over Aaron Kitcher's drumming.

Yes! They’re fucking awesome. He does use triggers though, even on triggers his speed is godlike.

Check out rings of Saturn for extreme technical metal. "

I couldn't spot triggers in his videos. Devastated now you've said that! Haha.

I'll definitely check them out. Cheers. Hope your eardrum recovers quickly!

The next 29 minutes will be filled by Deicide's killer album, Once upon a cross

.... Father why have you foresaken me

Also check out tomas hake of meshuggah.

His consistency during the song bleed whilst playing hertas with his feet is ridiculous.

It’s like 7 minutes of relentless double bass in the Herta pattern.

Legend has it, that they use hake to calibrate metronomes

I'll definitely check them out. Cheers. Hope your eardrum recovers quickly! "

Don’t get me wrong, he CAN play that fast, but it comes down to power. If you’re blasting 32nd notes power becomes the issue.

The drumming on their albums is stitched together, and that’s why they don’t tour/play live. he gets a lot of hate for it. But he is still a monster behind the drums.

North West

"The next 29 minutes will be filled by Deicide's killer album, Once upon a cross

.... Father why have you foresaken me "

Deicide - splendid choice, my man!

"The next 29 minutes will be filled by Deicide's killer album, Once upon a cross

Deicide - splendid choice, my man! "

In the minds of evil is pretty badass too

North West

Deicide - splendid choice, my man!

In the minds of evil is pretty badass too "

I have Metallica on in the car at the moment. S&M

Today's album is Fear Factory's immense masterpiece - Demanufacture

Which ones? "

Sorry haven't been back to this thread

They were 'live cannibalism' 'gallery of suicide' 'red before black' been trying to find the one with 'scourge of iron' on it

Our local HMV is pretty crap for decent stuff one of the staff that served me apart from being very pretty is into doom and black metal so she gets the decent stuff in stock

I picked 3 Boris cd's 'feedbacker' 'love and & evol' and 'akuma no uta'

Which ones?

Sorry haven't been back to this thread

They were 'live cannibalism' 'gallery of suicide' 'red before black' been trying to find the one with 'scourge of iron' on it "

Torture

Evisceration Plague is a good listen also

I'll definitely check them out. Cheers. Hope your eardrum recovers quickly!

Don’t get me wrong, he CAN play that fast, but it comes down to power. If you’re blasting 32nd notes power becomes the issue.

The drumming on their albums is stitched together, and that’s why they don’t tour/play live. he gets a lot of hate for it. But he is still a monster behind the drums. "

Blimey. Rings of Saturn are immense. Thanks for the recommendation man.

Co.Antrim

Insect Warfare because I just took my Insect Warfare Tee out of the Tumble Dryer

By *organ and rob zombieCouple  over a year ago

bradford

Been mostly paradise lost, my dying bride, Danzig, entombed and bolt Thrower this weekend for us

Co.Antrim

"Been mostly paradise lost, my dying bride, Danzig, entombed and bolt Thrower this weekend for us "

Been a lifetime since I listened to Paradise Lost, been listening to lots of early MDB recently though.

bradford

"Been mostly paradise lost, my dying bride, Danzig, entombed and bolt Thrower this weekend for us

Been a lifetime since I listened to Paradise Lost, been listening to lots of early MDB recently though. "

New Mdb and PL releases out, also new godthrym album out featuring 2 ex Mdb members

the infection - disturbed

Co.Antrim

"Been mostly paradise lost, my dying bride, Danzig, entombed and bolt Thrower this weekend for us

Been a lifetime since I listened to Paradise Lost, been listening to lots of early MDB recently though.

New Mdb and PL releases out, also new godthrym album out featuring 2 ex Mdb members "

New MDB bored me to tears, as did the last couple. Not heard the newest PL yet.

Celtenham

Been listening to lots of Black Metal recently. Such amazing souunds these bands create. Uada, Sargeist, Tsujer, Malga, Darkend Nocturn Slaughtercult.

Who else on Fab is into Black Metal?

bradford

New Mdb and PL releases out, also new godthrym album out featuring 2 ex Mdb members

New MDB bored me to tears, as did the last couple. Not heard the newest PL yet."

I take it you didn’t feel the misery?

North West

"Been listening to lots of Black Metal recently. Such amazing souunds these bands create. Uada, Sargeist, Tsujer, Malga, Darkend Nocturn Slaughtercult.

Who else on Fab is into Black Metal?"

Our son is into black metal and so we listen to various stuff incidentally all the time, Bathory and stuff like that

[Removed by poster at 26/03/20 15:25:48]

Celtenham

It is for the few, not the many, and once you get into it, there's no turning back. Enjoy Bathory...recommend Uada to him.

"Been listening to lots of Black Metal recently. Such amazing souunds these bands create. Uada, Sargeist, Tsujer, Malga, Darkend Nocturn Slaughtercult.

Who else on Fab is into Black Metal?"

Old school mostly on a Burzum kick at the mo he gets some stick but that is what black metal should sound like imho

Celtenham

Old Barzum ...yes. Recent stuff is apparently tosh.

"Old Barzum ...yes. Recent stuff is apparently tosh."

You mean the ambient stuff he's been doing I quite like some of it

Igorrr with Corpsegrinder doin vocals

Awesome

Frank carter era gallows

The first album from gallows was unbelievably good

Leeched are fucking awesome

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

I will be listening to

Boo yas t.r.i.be & faith no more - another body murdered

Rammstien- Ich will

Helmet & House of pain - just another victim

Rage against the machine - killing in the name of.

Bit of either Nuclear Assault or the Macc Lads.

Any Mortician fans?

Holy fuck

» Add a new message to this topic