FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sorry

Sorry

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Sorry if my posts today are not great and happy as usual lol

The euphoria of getting new job yesterday and then no sleep and night shift has sent my anxiety and depression into over drive and my brain is working overdrive. And been trying sleep when home today but having nightmares about when I was assaulted.

So again am sorry I don’t mean sound needy or anything

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *imited 3EditionCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

Don't be sorry...be proud that you've posted about how you're feeling.

Things are changing so it's only natural that the potential ahead might trigger anxieties. If you can, try to challenge each of your worries and assumptions.

Also see if you focus on what you need to/ can do and have control over and let everything else go.

By *aven RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Big hugs OP and congratulations on your new job x

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

Today is "Time to Talk " day in support of discussing mental health ... it's ok to feel that way and there's no need for apology

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

You did the thing, yesterday.

Look after you, today.

Congratulations, my friend. I hope this passes

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

One foot in front of the other. What are your coping mechanisms? Grounding, meditation, reaching out (the Samaritans), etc.

Don't apologise for having the burdens you have x

"One foot in front of the other. What are your coping mechanisms? Grounding, meditation, reaching out (the Samaritans), etc.

Don't apologise for having the burdens you have x"

I used to run to cope but when I injured my knee coming off high curb that needed an operation to correct that got taken away. My friend been trying get me I to yoga and stuff and I have got into yoga recently plus gym time but mostly I game or play guitar but since the event the guitar has been stepped back from but miss it lots so trying engage again.

I don’t have formal help as I acted typical guy way don’t need it but last sept when was actual anniversary my work friend noticed a change as we was on nights an I didn’t sleep through fear an worry for month. So she encouraged so seek help which been trying but still waiting appointment

"You did the thing, yesterday.

Look after you, today.

Congratulations, my friend. I hope this passes "

Thank you

"Big hugs OP and congratulations on your new job x"

Thank you hun I need it

Thank you for the kind support and messages means loads

Thanks for the support managed get an amazing rest yesterday and feel brighter today still feel anxious but the path ahead is looking better

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Thanks for the support managed get an amazing rest yesterday and feel brighter today still feel anxious but the path ahead is looking better"

Small steps. One thing at a time.

You got this x

Thanks for the help and chats people have given me about stuff.

Happy day I have a phone call booked to discuss services and help available to me to start working on confronting these fears and demons

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

You know what we all have rubbish days, but you've taken the first important step by acknowledging you're not quite right. Find the support you need and do what you know generally helps you in these situations.

"You know what we all have rubbish days, but you've taken the first important step by acknowledging you're not quite right. Find the support you need and do what you know generally helps you in these situations. "

Thanks

A lot people told me to seek help 5 yrs ago but I wouldn’t typical guy thought ignore be ok but now I made choice so will see what happens and what help is given

La la land

"You know what we all have rubbish days, but you've taken the first important step by acknowledging you're not quite right. Find the support you need and do what you know generally helps you in these situations.

Thanks

A lot people told me to seek help 5 yrs ago but I wouldn’t typical guy thought ignore be ok but now I made choice so will see what happens and what help is given "

Good luck OP, wish you all the best

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Well done, OP.

"Well done, OP. "

Thanks

"You know what we all have rubbish days, but you've taken the first important step by acknowledging you're not quite right. Find the support you need and do what you know generally helps you in these situations.

Thanks

A lot people told me to seek help 5 yrs ago but I wouldn’t typical guy thought ignore be ok but now I made choice so will see what happens and what help is given

Good luck OP, wish you all the best "

Thank you

By *rumguy1980Man  over a year ago

stechford

I posted my "alone" post to raise mental health if people are to afraid to talk to others then they can speak up there so dont worry about your new job post its good news which is always good to hear no matter from who

By *uicy jonesMan  over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

"Sorry if my posts today are not great and happy as usual lol

The euphoria of getting new job yesterday and then no sleep and night shift has sent my anxiety and depression into over drive and my brain is working overdrive. And been trying sleep when home today but having nightmares about when I was assaulted.

So again am sorry I don’t mean sound needy or anything "

Mate , should never apologise for the way to feel

Sorry to hear you was assaulted , don’t know about you or your life , but again , never apologise for been low and Anxious hope you will feel calmer and more relaxed soon

Massive man hugs

By *urreylass2016Woman  over a year ago

Berkshire not Surrey

First step is always the hardest. When I was attacked I tried carrying on as normal which I think is what a lot of people try to do. Because it’s part of the precess and ashamed as to what has happened. It’s not an easy road but you will get through it with the help that’s available. I also found what I went through made me a stronger person and to see how far I had come. You have got this and good luck

Mate , should never apologise for the way to feel

Sorry to hear you was assaulted , don’t know about you or your life , but again , never apologise for been low and Anxious hope you will feel calmer and more relaxed soon

Massive man hugs "

Thank u for kind words and man hug

"First step is always the hardest. When I was attacked I tried carrying on as normal which I think is what a lot of people try to do. Because it’s part of the precess and ashamed as to what has happened. It’s not an easy road but you will get through it with the help that’s available. I also found what I went through made me a stronger person and to see how far I had come. You have got this and good luck "

Am sorry you had something similar

I probably am stronger than think but also know am more vulnerable at times.

I have put off for so long seeking help feels wrong and silly now but know in end will help me and build back to strength.

Thanks for the supportive words

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Thanks for the help and chats people have given me about stuff.

Happy day I have a phone call booked to discuss services and help available to me to start working on confronting these fears and demons"

Well done for confronting your demons and good luck to you

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

I wish you all the best. Part of why you're feeling a bit below par is surely because you're feeling tired from not sleeping, combined with the perfectly understandable anxiety of starting a new job. It's also understandable that this might trigger or reignite past anxieties.

I guess these things will recede as you become accustomed/comfortable in your new role and see that the positive things you bring to it are valued and respected by those around you. Sometimes, a change like this can open up a whole new world of friendships and fulfilling experiences... you never know, you might be on the threshold of something wonderful.

Every time someone new has come to work for me I've seen their anxiety disappear very quickly and their true personalities start to shine through as they bring their individual contributions and ideas. Friendships develop and and anxieties dissipate as people extend their sphere of care for one another to include you. In my experience it has a spirit-lifting and rejuvenating effect on everyone.

Truly, all the best mate...

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

btw... how's baby Yoda keeping?

"btw... how's baby Yoda keeping? "

He is ok still little headache from punch trooper gave him but doing lots Hand wavy things

"I wish you all the best. Part of why you're feeling a bit below par is surely because you're feeling tired from not sleeping, combined with the perfectly understandable anxiety of starting a new job. It's also understandable that this might trigger or reignite past anxieties.

I guess these things will recede as you become accustomed/comfortable in your new role and see that the positive things you bring to it are valued and respected by those around you. Sometimes, a change like this can open up a whole new world of friendships and fulfilling experiences... you never know, you might be on the threshold of something wonderful.

Every time someone new has come to work for me I've seen their anxiety disappear very quickly and their true personalities start to shine through as they bring their individual contributions and ideas. Friendships develop and and anxieties dissipate as people extend their sphere of care for one another to include you. In my experience it has a spirit-lifting and rejuvenating effect on everyone.

Truly, all the best mate..."

Thanks for the message means loads to read

I know I’ll be ok guess cos everything went through and still do just nervous to change environment and stuff cos I got in a rut but know be great once start in few months booooo

"Thanks for the help and chats people have given me about stuff.

Happy day I have a phone call booked to discuss services and help available to me to start working on confronting these fears and demons

Well done for confronting your demons and good luck to you "

Thanks guys you have always been great support even when I was house bound post knee operation so thanks loads

Wow so emotional now

Just had first phone call with mental health/therapy session to discuss stuff

Wow I just cried for an hour after the call and at end she said now go do something fun but no idea what do now lol hence logged onto fab and stuff

chelmsford

"Wow so emotional now

Just had first phone call with mental health/therapy session to discuss stuff

Wow I just cried for an hour after the call and at end she said now go do something fun but no idea what do now lol hence logged onto fab and stuff "

I hope it helped and understand it would be very emotional. The tears are a good release. Take care of you.

Thank you

I have to speak again Friday when will arrange plan of sessions and stuff

Just feel so shocked and numb at mo

Thanks for the chats an stuff and pvt msgs means loads

Nervous as hell to have another conversation with the ptsd trauma lady today feel on edge and worried.

Been feeling anxious since Tuesday and keep crying ??

I am sick of feeling this way.

On another note thanks for the love and support fab giving means loads and restores my faith in people and not everyone esp men out to hurt me

chelmsford

"Nervous as hell to have another conversation with the ptsd trauma lady today feel on edge and worried.

On another note thanks for the love and support fab giving means loads and restores my faith in people and not everyone esp men out to hurt me"

Oh well I hope it goes ok, let us know

"Nervous as hell to have another conversation with the ptsd trauma lady today feel on edge and worried.

On another note thanks for the love and support fab giving means loads and restores my faith in people and not everyone esp men out to hurt me

Oh well I hope it goes ok, let us know "

Sorry for my boring updates

Went ok they decided due to sexual assault and my history of avoiding and fear I need trauma and ptsd support but and here is the best can be 6+ months to wait great. So after the chat other day all I can think about is what happened and now have wait ages to help try find way to cope grrrr

Well last night went to see stereophonics with my family and that was amazing nice break from my brain although at first I kept imagining all the guys who fit the build and look of guy who attacked me was at the gig but soon that settled and I could enjoy show.

Thanks for support and chats sorry if I post too much or go on this is truly my only voice and outlet.

chelmsford

It's not good that you have to wait so long, our troubled NHS, unfortunately! It's great you got out with your family and eventually enjoyed yourself! Keep talking and coming on here, there may be others in a similar position as you, who are too afraid to come and chat, you may be helping them, without knowing it.

So again am sorry I don’t mean sound needy or anything "

Everyone on this site wants a little attention and you should not apologise for it. This is not the same thing as a sympathy shag as we all want a hug every now and then

Everyone on this site wants a little attention and you should not apologise for it. This is not the same thing as a sympathy shag as we all want a hug every now and then"

Haha thank you

I would love sympathy shag as don’t and can’t get any l

So

Thanks for the nice words

"It's not good that you have to wait so long, our troubled NHS, unfortunately! It's great you got out with your family and eventually enjoyed yourself! Keep talking and coming on here, there may be others in a similar position as you, who are too afraid to come and chat, you may be helping them, without knowing it. "

Thank you for saying ok sill post I worry note people and sound needy etc

Yeah was nice get out for a gig

Am always happy speak and try help others

chelmsford

"It's not good that you have to wait so long, our troubled NHS, unfortunately! It's great you got out with your family and eventually enjoyed yourself! Keep talking and coming on here, there may be others in a similar position as you, who are too afraid to come and chat, you may be helping them, without knowing it.

Am always happy speak and try help others"

Good for you

By *urreylass2016Woman  over a year ago

Berkshire not Surrey

"Well last night went to see stereophonics with my family and that was amazing nice break from my brain although at first I kept imagining all the guys who fit the build and look of guy who attacked me was at the gig but soon that settled and I could enjoy show.

Thanks for support and chats sorry if I post too much or go on this is truly my only voice and outlet.

"

It will get easier. I’m not gonna lie and you have a long hard frustrating road ahead of you. Take care

Everyone on this site wants a little attention and you should not apologise for it. This is not the same thing as a sympathy shag as we all want a hug every now and then

Haha thank you

So

Thanks for the nice words"

Nah just get better and come back as Captain Shagger

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

"It's not good that you have to wait so long, our troubled NHS, unfortunately! It's great you got out with your family and eventually enjoyed yourself! Keep talking and coming on here, there may be others in a similar position as you, who are too afraid to come and chat, you may be helping them, without knowing it.

Am always happy speak and try help others"

Hope you are OK. Times are difficult, people need to talk and be nice to others.

"

It will get easier. I’m not gonna lie and you have a long hard frustrating road ahead of you. Take care "

I know it will I thought it was ok but it was just denial but in time be ok

Haha thank you

So

Thanks for the nice words

Nah just get better and come back as Captain Shagger "

Damn that’s a great user name

Thanks everyone

I think the anxiety over the stuff mentioned earlier and the present issues working in front line care are making me feel worse today.

Everywhere look ppl going on how bad things are or lack stuff in shops, I been shop twice this week and can’t get anything need so hopefully now special hour for nhs I may get easier

Hope everyone is ok and safe

chelmsford

"Thanks everyone

I think the anxiety over the stuff mentioned earlier and the present issues working in front line care are making me feel worse today.

Everywhere look ppl going on how bad things are or lack stuff in shops, I been shop twice this week and can’t get anything need so hopefully now special hour for nhs I may get easier

Hope everyone is ok and safe"

Yes lots of stress for everyone let alone if you are already vulnerable. Hopefully you will get your shopping and keep up the good work also

Hope people ok

Wow how strange is the world and as am able travel about due to being front line seems crazy at moment

Typical both my parents have the bloody covid since last week which isn’t great. I know most will get it but rather be me than them

Caerphilly

"Hope people ok

Wow how strange is the world and as am able travel about due to being front line seems crazy at moment

Typical both my parents have the bloody covid since last week which isn’t great. I know most will get it but rather be me than them"

Good to see you continue to communicate in this tough time, buddy.

never say sorry unless you really have too.

and then think before you do.

"Hope people ok

Typical both my parents have the bloody covid since last week which isn’t great. I know most will get it but rather be me than them

Good to see you continue to communicate in this tough time, buddy. "

Thanks it’s crazy and my hospital is getting worse hope people be sensible soon and stay home but so far nope.

Sorry for this but

Wow the whole covid thing is insane. I don’t really get affected by lockdown same as others due to working on front line but starting to struggle post work and days off.

Not from idea bein locked up but anxiety and exhaustion from running 100%non stop then days off it’s nothing feels like world just abruptly halts.

On top am in final stages of job move and that’s making my anxiety flip as scare making wrong choice to leave my job to do something new. No mater I know it’s right for promotion for my health and to help my mh I still worry if I’m making right choice which then makes me think if am concerned like that should I stay and not leave but then know I’ll regret that lol.

Yeah it’s dumb but never been great with major decisions and that’s worse since the assault but now with covid that support is now even longer delayed

I know this may come across as self pity whine but this is only place I can speak to ppl and open up due to lack friends and lack support.

Funny I still hope I may make real friends off fab even though most ppl just after fun. Now reading that I sound like a lone looser lol

Thanks for the kind pm’s meant loads have nice msg from ppl

Well after a few months and stuff from my interview yesterday was the final day in work before I start my new one Monday.

It was a mixed day and some people shocked me with amazing gifts and the staff got me a nice collection also.

Everyone was nice and lots thanked me for the help and training I gave em and one even said I made then the staff they are now. My boss did something unexpected and gave me a hug ( this lady is a tough cookie and always beats me mentally so a hug through me and she said she was proud of me and how I developed in 4 yrs)

I got her respect wow

So I have a few days rest before I start my next adventure and challenge Monday.

Thank you all for the help an chats also

Good one. Follow your dreams!

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

Good luck for monday

chelmsford

Well done you! Good luck for Monday

Thank you

New job definitely going change my life and stuff

chelmsford

"Thank you

New job definitely going change my life and stuff"

That's lovely to hear

"Thank you

That's lovely to hear "

Thanks

You always been supportive thanks again

Yeah new job with weekends off and holidays etc wow I will have a life

chelmsford

"Thank you

That's lovely to hear

Thanks

Yeah new job with weekends off and holidays etc wow I will have a life"

Aah you're welcome! Let us know how you get on

"Thank you

That's lovely to hear

Thanks

Aah you're welcome! Let us know how you get on "

Well been in job 5 weeks and wow

First the 8-4 min to fri is amazing and so nice be off wards and shifts lol

Second since qualified always wanted courses and training more but never got or got passed over here wow so intense and the courses open and out on already is wow

Last two weeks been doing teaching scenarios so after my leave I can start managing and teaching that aspect and great bit had mini assessment Thursday and review Friday and amazing feedback so can do that session when back.

So turns out this is best career move ever think actually found place call home lol

Oh and only been with small team few weeks walked in Friday to huge birthday cake and card from team as off for bday that was wow never had that before in work so think found gooood place

La la land

Ah this is awesome news, glad you're in a much better place now

So happy to hear that things have worked out for you. The rollercoaster of life huh.

"Thank you

That's lovely to hear

Thanks

Second since qualified always wanted courses and training more but never got or got passed over here wow so intense and the courses open and out on already is wow

Last two weeks been doing teaching scenarios so after my leave I can start managing and teaching that aspect and great bit had mini assessment Thursday and review Friday and amazing feedback so can do that session when back.

So turns out this is best career move ever think actually found place call home lol

Oh and only been with small team few weeks walked in Friday to huge birthday cake and card from team as off for bday that was wow never had that before in work so think found gooood place "

Aww that's great to hear! Glad you are enjoying it

The hardest thing to do in the world is open up about MH issues. You've taken the first steps OP. Keeping things to yourself can destroy a person as it eats at your insides. There are some amazing people on here and great listeners too.

I can't remember seeing you before so I've no clue what your other threads and comments were like.

I am glad you are feeling that tiny bit better, even 1% is an improvement. Sending hugs to you lovely xx

chelmsford

Well done Jack, you've come a long way, I'm so glad it all worked out for you x

Sending all the Happy Vibes your way x

"Thank you

That's lovely to hear

Thanks

Oh and only been with small team few weeks walked in Friday to huge birthday cake and card from team as off for bday that was wow never had that before in work so think found gooood place "

Post of the day!!!

Fantastic.

Thank you everyone

It’s crazy a change has made- I sleep better and more, am able to play music more and get ready to gig as not tired, I exercise better cos the hours, eat better cos set routine. Just generally better place

After such tough journey yes my knee still causes problems but hopefully regular exercise will fix it, my mh feels easier although still waiting for counselling about event mentioned before.

But yeah just feel like life is brighter on a personal level and work related one.

"Thank you

That's lovely to hear

Thanks

Oh and only been with small team few weeks walked in Friday to huge birthday cake and card from team as off for bday that was wow never had that before in work so think found gooood place

Post of the day!!!

Fantastic. "

Yay thank you

Caerphilly

"Thank you

That's lovely to hear

Thanks

Post of the day!!!

Fantastic.

Yay thank you "

This turned into a lockdown diary, huh?

» Add a new message to this topic