FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ladies - implant question

Ladies - implant question

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *olden Ratio OP   Woman  over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

I swapped onto the nexplanon contraceptive implant in December. Did anyone else have initial problems with it? If so, did they settle down?!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I swapped onto the nexplanon contraceptive implant in December. Did anyone else have initial problems with it? If so, did they settle down?!"

I had it for years and had no problems at all , what problems are you having ?

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"I swapped onto the nexplanon contraceptive implant in December. Did anyone else have initial problems with it? If so, did they settle down?!"

Your problems being?

It’s a dermal implant, it will take a while to settle and for your system to adjust to it. If you’re not happy with it maybe go back and discuss with your GP?

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Swapped from?

Buckinghamshire

"I swapped onto the nexplanon contraceptive implant in December. Did anyone else have initial problems with it? If so, did they settle down?!

I had it for years and had no problems at all , what problems are you having ? "

Usually my periods lasted about three days. After having the implant fitted my first period lasted 10 days, and I’m now on the 16th day of my current period. Cramps seem to be worse and I think I’m more irritable (although that could just be my colleagues being difficult...)

Buckinghamshire

"Swapped from?"

Contraceptive pill

"I swapped onto the nexplanon contraceptive implant in December. Did anyone else have initial problems with it? If so, did they settle down?!

Usually my periods lasted about three days. After having the implant fitted my first period lasted 10 days, and I’m now on the 16th day of my current period. Cramps seem to be worse and I think I’m more irritable (although that could just be my colleagues being difficult...)"

I’m sure it’s just all the hormones sorting themselves out but if you’re worried I would contact your doctor or have you googled it to see if this can happen? Xx

Buckinghamshire

Usually my periods lasted about three days. After having the implant fitted my first period lasted 10 days, and I’m now on the 16th day of my current period. Cramps seem to be worse and I think I’m more irritable (although that could just be my colleagues being difficult...)

I’m sure it’s just all the hormones sorting themselves out but if you’re worried I would contact your doctor or have you googled it to see if this can happen? Xx"

I did check the side effects and it can happen. The optimist in me was hoping that going from one hormonal contraceptives to another might have a nice smooth transition!

However I don’t know how long it might go on for until it settles, or even what I should deem as a “crossover” period. 6 months maybe?

I’m sure it’s just all the hormones sorting themselves out but if you’re worried I would contact your doctor or have you googled it to see if this can happen? Xx

I did check the side effects and it can happen. The optimist in me was hoping that going from one hormonal contraceptives to another might have a nice smooth transition!

However I don’t know how long it might go on for until it settles, or even what I should deem as a “crossover” period. 6 months maybe? "

I don’t think it should take that long I really think you should call your doctors to check xx

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Swapped from?

Contraceptive pill"

The combined pill or progesterone only?

The advice is that it takes 3-6 months to settle, it's really early days yet but please go back to your contraceptive clinic they may offer you a pill along side while it's settling. your period on the pill wasn't a period it's a withdrawal bleed. When changing to other hormones your body takes time to re adjust to the new hormones. Nexplanon is progestogen only, you don't say what pill you were on before but I'm guessing it may have been combined.

Also further to this if you had it done at a clinic give them a call they will happily chat to you over the phone to reassure you

By *wist my nipplesCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

It can take up to 6 months to settle, but if you're concerned I would phone your GP/clinic for advice.

Mrs TMN x

Buckinghamshire

"Swapped from?

Contraceptive pill

The combined pill or progesterone only?"

I was on the combined pill (femodene)

Buckinghamshire

"The advice is that it takes 3-6 months to settle, it's really early days yet but please go back to your contraceptive clinic they may offer you a pill along side while it's settling. your period on the pill wasn't a period it's a withdrawal bleed. When changing to other hormones your body takes time to re adjust to the new hormones. Nexplanon is progestogen only, you don't say what pill you were on before but I'm guessing it may have been combined."

Yes, I was on the combined pill previously

Liverpool

"Swapped from?

Contraceptive pill

The combined pill or progesterone only?

I was on the combined pill (femodene)"

Yeah it can take a while to adjust from a combined contraceptive to a progesterone only contraceptive which is what the implant is. Over time though your bodies oestrogen levels will level out again and the constant supply of progesterone should make your uterine lining thinner and your bleeds should get lighter. They may even stop. I'd say give it a few months but you can always go back to your GP/sexual health clinic if you're really suffering.

Buckinghamshire

Ladies, many thanks for your thoughts and advice on this. It’s much appreciated! X

Liverpool

"Ladies, many thanks for your thoughts and advice on this. It’s much appreciated! X"

Hope it settles down for you soon!

» Add a new message to this topic