FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > To anyone who hasn’t been paid since December

To anyone who hasn’t been paid since December

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I hope you’re coping alright

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What a sweet and caring thing to say well done

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Yes thank you, another week till payday for both of us.

"What a sweet and caring thing to say well done "

Thanks dad

"Yes thank you, another week till payday for both of us. "

Yay! Hubby gets paid in a week. I don’t get paid until the 4th of Feb

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

4 days to go

Another

Flipping

Week!!!@

By *rivateparts!Man  over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

I get paid weekly so I don't care

"I get paid weekly so I don't care "

Motherfucker

"Another

Flipping

Week!!!@"

Feels like a bloody lifetime

"4 days to go "

So longggggg

"What a sweet and caring thing to say well done

Thanks dad"

And because you have been so nice I’m gonna let you have that

By *otrockWoman  over a year ago

Essex

I can tell at work that most people are skint at minute as its really quiet.

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

I get paid on the 16th of each month

I got paid today and I feel a bit bad now lol got my first trip booked for glasgow to see Meute so that makes happy again

By *urvyandCurious999Woman  over a year ago

Hiding from twats

I've got £1.28 to last me until next week, I am not ok

Good job I've got fully stocked food cupboards and petrol in the car. No alcohol though, bugger

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I tapped my dad bank

"I can tell at work that most people are skint at minute as its really quiet."

Every year for Christmas my Granny and Grandad get us a M&S voucher (I know it’s A M&S but doesn’t AN M&S voucher sound better?) so we live quite posh in January - because our money runs out

"I've got £1.28 to last me until next week, I am not ok

Good job I've got fully stocked food cupboards and petrol in the car. No alcohol though, bugger "

We have £17, but we just used an M&S voucher to stock up the cupboards and fridge/freezer

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

See now all these posts on social media about the wait to get paid in January and the whining from shop/bar workers over Xmas kind of pisses me off. Plenty of jobs have 'peak busy seasons'. They're not unique.

Plenty of people get paid weekly but have to budget for big monthly bills (mortgage, rent etc.). Plenty of people are self employed and have absolutely no guaranteed income at all, many in professions that go particularly quiet over Xmas/New Year.

I haven't seen too many of them bitching about it though.

Same thing happens every year. Surely it's not rocket science to plan for it?

A

"I tapped my dad bank"

Wish I could do that!

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Too much month at the end of the money

"Too much month at the end of the money"

Hear hear

Liverpool

"I got paid today and I feel a bit bad now lol got my first trip booked for glasgow to see Meute so that makes happy again "

My partner got paid today so he's taking me to the pub tonight so don't feel too bad

By *UNANDNICEMan  over a year ago

Basildon

No money until the end of the month

"Another

Flipping

Week!!!@"

Same

Hiding from twats

"I tapped my dad bank"

Bank of mum bailed me out last week, can't go begging again just yet

Hiding from twats

"I've got £1.28 to last me until next week, I am not ok

Good job I've got fully stocked food cupboards and petrol in the car. No alcohol though, bugger

We have £17, but we just used an M&S voucher to stock up the cupboards and fridge/freezer "

I used all my nectar points already, sad times

Hiding from twats

"Too much month at the end of the money

Hear hear"

By *UNANDNICEMan  over a year ago

Basildon

I would do anything for a bit of cash now.no money for petrol .

Ive never got any bloody money anyway. I like feb and march though as no council tax to pay, the overdraft gets a breather

So glad I get paid weekly, dont know how I would cope going all 6 months of January without a pay

Ahhh fuck it’s been bleak. My Sky is cut off, my broadband, my house phone, had two speeding fines in the space of 3 weeks so had to pay £100 for one and take 3 points and just waiting till I FINALLY get paid Monday to book and pay for a speed awareness course for the other one. Xmas wiped me out plus I had a bit of a mini breakdown when I split with that guy New Years and spent £190 on lip fillers to try and cheer myself up and feel a bit more attractive. Was feeling shit at end of November and spent £350 on a 10 inch portrait tattoo of predator on my thigh, probably my version of self harm. Then spent another £50 on getting the eye of Horus tattoo on my solar plexus, another self harm attempt. The guilt of spending money on stupid things instead of big food shops and bills has had me feeling really down and plus I keep getting stood up left right and centre.

Just think when pay day comes, Sky will go back on, Netflix and just sort my life out. January is a cunt that can just fuck off now I’m done with it.

30 days has September,

April, June, and November.

When short February's done

All the rest have 31...

Except January which seems to be neverending

"I would do anything for a bit of cash now.no money for petrol ."

When do you get paid? If you have at least £1 in the bank, petrol takes about 5 days to come out so you can put as much petrol in as ya need and it won’t come out the bank for a while (we do it most months )

Hiding from twats

"I would do anything for a bit of cash now.no money for petrol .

When do you get paid? If you have at least £1 in the bank, petrol takes about 5 days to come out so you can put as much petrol in as ya need and it won’t come out the bank for a while (we do it most months ) "

I tried that last month and had to phone the bank of mum from the petrol station for a loan to pay for the £10 of petrol I'd put in the car. Oh the shame

When do you get paid? If you have at least £1 in the bank, petrol takes about 5 days to come out so you can put as much petrol in as ya need and it won’t come out the bank for a while (we do it most months )

I tried that last month and had to phone the bank of mum from the petrol station for a loan to pay for the £10 of petrol I'd put in the car. Oh the shame "

Ahh no!!!

I tried that last month and had to phone the bank of mum from the petrol station for a loan to pay for the £10 of petrol I'd put in the car. Oh the shame "

You have to use the pay at the pump option. You put your card in it verifies you got a pound then you can fill up to £99!

I’ve done that a few times!

Down to single figures in the bank, lol And 6 days to go

Hiding from twats

I tried that last month and had to phone the bank of mum from the petrol station for a loan to pay for the £10 of petrol I'd put in the car. Oh the shame

You have to use the pay at the pump option. You put your card in it verifies you got a pound then you can fill up to £99!

I’ve done that a few times!"

That might be the problem then, no pay at pump petrol stations here. I'll remember that next time though and make sure I've got enough petrol left to go to the next town and fill up

I’ve done that a few times!"

Ooh I didnt know that, useful, would save me driving on fumes

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

4 days until I get paid. Payday is going to be a joyous day filled with new heels, a book and lingerie. I'm not counting down the days but I am excited.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Ooh I didnt know that, useful, would save me driving on fumes"

Just be aware that it's a pre-authorisation for a quid but the full amount will leave your bank.

I used a self service pump at Asda yesterday. Spent £20 but got the standard '£1' message on screen.

It came out of my account this morning.

So you could end up with bank charges.

A

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

That might be the problem then, no pay at pump petrol stations here. I'll remember that next time though and make sure I've got enough petrol left to go to the next town and fill up "

Morrisons have them

"See now all these posts on social media about the wait to get paid in January and the whining from shop/bar workers over Xmas kind of pisses me off. Plenty of jobs have 'peak busy seasons'. They're not unique.

Plenty of people get paid weekly but have to budget for big monthly bills (mortgage, rent etc.). Plenty of people are self employed and have absolutely no guaranteed income at all, many in professions that go particularly quiet over Xmas/New Year.

A"

No it isn't. But real life has a bitch of an attitude and hits you right when you don't need it sometimes. We ain't all perfect and can't plan for every eventuality all the time. For many the income only just stretches to the outgoing. #justsaying

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

I put £30 away in an envelope every payday. So for last week of month i can get what I need. If I dont use it, it goes into holiday fund.

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

My paydays don't change in December so I only got paid on the 31st, my other half gets paid mid month, so we're not too bad.

"My paydays don't change in December so I only got paid on the 31st, my other half gets paid mid month, so we're not too bad. "

Neither do mine... doesn't detract from the fact it is an extremely long month and it's especially hard after Christmas for a lot of people.

"I put £30 away in an envelope every payday. So for last week of month i can get what I need. If I dont use it, it goes into holiday fund. "

Ah good idea!

"See now all these posts on social media about the wait to get paid in January and the whining from shop/bar workers over Xmas kind of pisses me off. Plenty of jobs have 'peak busy seasons'. They're not unique.

A

No it isn't. But real life has a bitch of an attitude and hits you right when you don't need it sometimes. We ain't all perfect and can't plan for every eventuality all the time. For many the income only just stretches to the outgoing. #justsaying"

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I budget all year round. Certainly dont let christmas wipe me out.

so close to payday, yet so far!!!

A

No it isn't. But real life has a bitch of an attitude and hits you right when you don't need it sometimes. We ain't all perfect and can't plan for every eventuality all the time. For many the income only just stretches to the outgoing. #justsaying

"

Couldn’t agree more

"I budget all year round. Certainly dont let christmas wipe me out. "

Have a medal.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

No it isn't. But real life has a bitch of an attitude and hits you right when you don't need it sometimes. We ain't all perfect and can't plan for every eventuality all the time. For many the income only just stretches to the outgoing. #justsaying"

I get that completely.

I'm self employed. So no sick pay, holiday pay or the usual benefits normal salaried people get.

There are times all year round for us when I'm worried about paying bills.

My point is that if you know you'll get paid early in December it's not hard to put the money to one side as if you're getting it on your normal pay day.

Far easier than inconsistent income 365 days a year.

A

By *urning the kinkMan  over a year ago

bristol

Fuck it’s been tough

A

I get that completely.

I'm self employed. So no sick pay, holiday pay or the usual benefits normal salaried people get.

My point is that if you know you'll get paid early in December it's not hard to put the money to one side as if you're getting it on your normal pay day.

A"

For some it isn't feasible to put money aside. Some just don't have that extra cash each month. Yep some are shit at budgeting but not everyone who finds they struggle in a long month.

"so close to payday, yet so far!!!"

I knowwww.

Come on Tuesday the 28th you sexy bastard!!!

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

I get that completely.

A

For some it isn't feasible to put money aside. Some just don't have that extra cash each month. Yep some are shit at budgeting but not everyone who finds they struggle in a long month. "

But that's the logic I struggle with. I used to get paid on the 16th in December (a week early) every year. I knew it had to last longer and I knew what my monthly bills were.

Sure - Xmas always costs more but if you leave all that expense to your December pay you're fucked whether you're paid early or not.

If you're getting the same pay, early or on the same day - and the only extra expense is Xmas - then when you get paid is irrelevant, surely?

A

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I get paid early in December so move the money to another account. I move it back on my real pay day

J x

Got paid the 19th of december and just been paid today, would of been no problem but the got my xmas wages wrong and left me 2k short! Online now booking summer holidays

Not till the 9th short till then

"I budget all year round. Certainly dont let christmas wipe me out.

Have a medal. "

its hardly rocket scence. Same day every year. I will take the medal thanks

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

I have just started a new job so I will only receive a tiny amount of salary at the end of January. Roll on February pay day.

Thankfully we do have other sources of income or we would be snookered.

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

Offically haven't been paid since July 2018, and fighting bankruptcy

A

I get that completely.

A

For some it isn't feasible to put money aside. Some just don't have that extra cash each month. Yep some are shit at budgeting but not everyone who finds they struggle in a long month.

But that's the logic I struggle with. I used to get paid on the 16th in December (a week early) every year. I knew it had to last longer and I knew what my monthly bills were.

Sure - Xmas always costs more but if you leave all that expense to your December pay you're fucked whether you're paid early or not.

If you're getting the same pay, early or on the same day - and the only extra expense is Xmas - then when you get paid is irrelevant, surely?

A"

Well clearly many do find it a real struggle. So regardless of whether those of you who are great at budgeting understand it or not, for many it's a real thing. Telling people what they should do doesn't help when there's a week to pay day. They already know that.

"Offically haven't been paid since July 2018, and fighting bankruptcy"

Have a medal. its hardly rocket scence. Same day every year. I will take the medal thanks"

I really hope you never have to struggle and have to face smug people telling you what you should have done. It really helps though

By *heekyChap78300Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Got paid the 19th of december and just been paid today, would of been no problem but the got my xmas wages wrong and left me 2k short! Online now booking summer holidays "

Damn, wish I got 2k a month!!

By *Man1263Man  over a year ago

Stockport

Last friday of every month.

This month has seen some rather large bills i didnt expect at all.

As in three times more than I have ledr after bills paid.

Happens.

On bright side, it's getting lighter

I know one thing.. The worst time to have a birthday is a few days after everyone's January pay.

Everyone's usually waiting for the January pay badly and then it's gone. And then my birthday hits and everyone is too skint to go out.

But it usually snows and that fucks it all up anyway.

Last December was the first year in my adult life that I didn't spend all my money and we still had lots left over.

The reason for this is we don't pay rent, or any household bills as it comes with the job (it's not that we'll paid because of the above) so can't complain and when are on shift we can eat what we like within reason. So that helped us very much.

The only downside is we had to sit in a cold hotel for 4 weeks with just electric heaters to keep the whole place warm but silver linings and all that.

Not too long left for everyone x

Danish x

I save for everything. Christmas and birthdays.

I save money for car stuff on another account.

I even put money by for appliances so if one breaks down I can just go get a new one instead of paying money to warranties I may never use.

And I budget and meal plan.

Got paid today...... Already broke.... anyone lend me a fiver? Lol

By *adyx4Woman  over a year ago

Durham

"Got paid today...... Already broke.... anyone lend me a fiver? Lol"

For site support?

"I save for everything. Christmas and birthdays.

I even put money by for appliances so if one breaks down I can just go get a new one instead of paying money to warranties I may never use.

And I budget and meal plan. "

And some just can't afford to save for anything because they just don't earn enough. So you've done well for yourself. Not sure how the end of the month impacts you though?

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

For one company I worked at for almost 4 years, our pay went into our bank accounts every 4 weeks.

It meant in June, for example, we were paid on both the 2nd, then the 30th.

Monthly budgeting could be a nightmare; Christmas was stressful, as we'd get paid in mid December, then had to wait 4 weeks till next payday.

Now, my current employer pays me on the last working day of each month. Sorted!

And some just can't afford to save for anything because they just don't earn enough. So you've done well for yourself. Not sure how the end of the month impacts you though?"

Well if I fuck it up I can't pay the bills at the end of the month. And I don't work. So limited means. I have to budget I have no choice. If I overspend I can end up in shit very easy.

Have a medal. its hardly rocket scence. Same day every year. I will take the medal thanks

I really hope you never have to struggle and have to face smug people telling you what you should have done. It really helps though "

ive been without enough money to buy foofmd it teached you to budget. Ive probably been as skint if not more so than people on here

Have a medal. its hardly rocket scence. Same day every year. I will take the medal thanks

I really hope you never have to struggle and have to face smug people telling you what you should have done. It really helps though ive been without enough money to buy foofmd it teached you to budget. Ive probably been as skint if not more so than people on here"

Then you must surely know that you can only budget so far. If you're in that tight a budget the smallest thing tips you over. You seem to have forgotten that and you're sounding very self righteous.

"I hope you’re coping alright "
I got paid in Jan

Hiding from twats

I have to budget HARD so that we can keep a roof over our heads and have something to eat. Monday is MOT day and I'm dreading the bill already. I simply don't have enough left over at the end of the month to save anything.

Been payed

I really hope you never have to struggle and have to face smug people telling you what you should have done. It really helps though ive been without enough money to buy foofmd it teached you to budget. Ive probably been as skint if not more so than people on here

Then you must surely know that you can only budget so far. If you're in that tight a budget the smallest thing tips you over. You seem to have forgotten that and you're sounding very self righteous. "

lets not make it personal

And some just can't afford to save for anything because they just don't earn enough. So you've done well for yourself. Not sure how the end of the month impacts you though?

Well if I fuck it up I can't pay the bills at the end of the month. And I don't work. So limited means. I have to budget I have no choice. If I overspend I can end up in shit very easy. "

Right. So you've budgeted for every eventuality? My hat is off to you especially as you don't work. I'm obviously going wrong by working for a living.

"4 days to go "

Same here

I really hope you never have to struggle and have to face smug people telling you what you should have done. It really helps though ive been without enough money to buy foofmd it teached you to budget. Ive probably been as skint if not more so than people on here

Then you must surely know that you can only budget so far. If you're in that tight a budget the smallest thing tips you over. You seem to have forgotten that and you're sounding very self righteous. lets not make it personal "

Well you kinda made it that way. Perhaps not looking down on those that don't budget so well might have made it less personal.

"I have to budget HARD so that we can keep a roof over our heads and have something to eat. Monday is MOT day and I'm dreading the bill already. I simply don't have enough left over at the end of the month to save anything. "

My car is flashing the spanner signal at me with increasing urgency. Its about 4th down the list after other more 'essential' bills that also cant be paid

Hiding from twats

"I have to budget HARD so that we can keep a roof over our heads and have something to eat. Monday is MOT day and I'm dreading the bill already. I simply don't have enough left over at the end of the month to save anything.

My car is flashing the spanner signal at me with increasing urgency. Its about 4th down the list after other more 'essential' bills that also cant be paid "

"I have to budget HARD so that we can keep a roof over our heads and have something to eat. Monday is MOT day and I'm dreading the bill already. I simply don't have enough left over at the end of the month to save anything.

My car is flashing the spanner signal at me with increasing urgency. Its about 4th down the list after other more 'essential' bills that also cant be paid "

You should have budgeted better

Stockport

Google the car, service reset (or words close to that) and that will stop it flashing.

It will still need a service, but if you go on ecp with car reg, you can buy the basic stuff and do it yourself

My car is flashing the spanner signal at me with increasing urgency. Its about 4th down the list after other more 'essential' bills that also cant be paid

You should have budgeted better "

The numbers just refuse to do what they are told

Google the car, service reset (or words close to that) and that will stop it flashing.

It will still need a service, but if you go on ecp with car reg, you can buy the basic stuff and do it yourself

"

It will never get done if I dont let it squeal at me everytime I get in the car.

Sounds like nobody saves money

"Sounds like nobody saves money "

Welcome to the real world. Many people just can't afford to.

By *icksfocusMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

Broke my leg in August

Not gone back to work yet

Self employed

So no wages

"Sounds like nobody saves money

Welcome to the real world. Many people just can't afford to. "

Yeah but I think that many people need to change their spending habits.

Well if I fuck it up I can't pay the bills at the end of the month. And I don't work. So limited means. I have to budget I have no choice. If I overspend I can end up in shit very easy.

Right. So you've budgeted for every eventuality? My hat is off to you especially as you don't work. I'm obviously going wrong by working for a living. "

There's absolutely no need for this. I wasn't remotely trying to piss anyone off. I have to wait to the end of the month to get money like others do. Wages or not. Sorry I spoke!!!!

My car failed it's mot so yup January has been tough

"Broke my leg in August

Self employed

So no wages "

Sorry to hear that man.

I work for myself too and I know how hard it can be.

I wish I could afford to!

People simply can't afford to. The cost of living is so high compared to income, especially if self employed and the level of income isn't guaranteed.

Must say this thread has been an eye opener. I didn’t realize January was such a struggle for so many.

Hope everyone finding it tough makes it through ok

Pontefract

"Broke my leg in August

Self employed

So no wages

Sorry to hear that man.

I work for myself too and I know how hard it can be.

Cheers I pay tax with CIS (20% on everything I earn) so at least that’s up to date.

Roll on April when I can claim tax back

"

Welcome to the real world. Many people just can't afford to. "

Not really sure how to do things differently. We both have decent jobs have a mortgage and the usual bills. Never spent lots of money on ourselves. Don't have expensive cars. Don't go on expensive holidays... none of us have a passport even. Kids both in full time education. Average 3 bedroom house. Everything needs fixing. Just struggling to keep on top of things. No extravagant tastes. All our income goes on bills and living. Not sure how we're supposed to save in those circumstances. Do you have a magic formula?

Hull

It's all very well for some people to say, "you should budget better!", but to some, it's easier said than done.

I admit in past years, I was "stupid" with money, taking all the Credit schemes thrown at me by banks etc.

Five years ago, I realised I was up Shit Creek, financially. I took advice, then taking the plunge into a Debt Management Plan.

It was really hard to do so, but it was the best move I could've made. I have stuck rigidly to it since. The credit cards I cut up then, have NOT been missed, I live within my means, and to a set monthly budget.

I don't have much of a social life, haven't been on a holiday for 5 years but I know I'll be debt free on Jan 3rd next year plus my last Mortgage payment follows in May that year too.

I'm due to retire in August 2021, with a pension, plus a Funeral Plan in place.

But to some people, they just can't budget to save their lives, and are on a hand to mouth existence each month. In addition, their income and/or benefits may not match outgoings, so it's often a case of what is more important each month?

My MOT is due and I was recently made redundant. Sometimes it’s not about how clever you are with budgeting, anyone can find themselves in trouble.

Yeah but I think that many people need to change their spending habits. "

Would welcome your advice. If you're such a guru

Pontefract

Not really sure how to do things differently. We both have decent jobs have a mortgage and the usual bills. Never spent lots of money on ourselves. Don't have expensive cars. Don't go on expensive holidays... none of us have a passport even. Kids both in full time education. Average 3 bedroom house. Everything needs fixing. Just struggling to keep on top of things. No extravagant tastes. All our income goes on bills and living. Not sure how we're supposed to save in those circumstances. Do you have a magic formula?"

Just do the usual things, hunt for better deals on everything, gas, electric, insurance. Martin Lewis website has some good ideas

Not really sure how to do things differently. We both have decent jobs have a mortgage and the usual bills. Never spent lots of money on ourselves. Don't have expensive cars. Don't go on expensive holidays... none of us have a passport even. Kids both in full time education. Average 3 bedroom house. Everything needs fixing. Just struggling to keep on top of things. No extravagant tastes. All our income goes on bills and living. Not sure how we're supposed to save in those circumstances. Do you have a magic formula?

Just do the usual things, hunt for better deals on everything, gas, electric, insurance. Martin Lewis website has some good ideas "

Yep. I do that. Next suggestion please

Pontefract

Just do the usual things, hunt for better deals on everything, gas, electric, insurance. Martin Lewis website has some good ideas

Yep. I do that. Next suggestion please"

No idea, my suggestion was just what I do

Hiding from twats

Yeah but I think that many people need to change their spending habits. "

Probably some people do. But after bills are paid I have about £80/week for food, petrol, pet food, school trips, etc. It's not like I'm out frivolously spending money on fancy coffees and new clothes. I have 3 kids, they're growing boys and eat a LOT. In the summer I grow veg and we have chickens for eggs, etc. I've cut down on everything I can, there's just no money left. It's not like I planned to be a skint single parent, shit happens and we do our best in our own circumstances.

Stockport

"My MOT is due and I was recently made redundant. Sometimes it’s not about how clever you are with budgeting, anyone can find themselves in trouble. "

This.

You can save money, sometimes things happen and boom, the money has gone

Not really sure how to do things differently. We both have decent jobs have a mortgage and the usual bills. Never spent lots of money on ourselves. Don't have expensive cars. Don't go on expensive holidays... none of us have a passport even. Kids both in full time education. Average 3 bedroom house. Everything needs fixing. Just struggling to keep on top of things. No extravagant tastes. All our income goes on bills and living. Not sure how we're supposed to save in those circumstances. Do you have a magic formula?"

I don't know if anyone does. I rent my house via a letting agent. It's market average for where I live. It's old and expensive to heat. I'm on my own with my children. I work full time with a relatively decent salary, but still have to do a 2nd job on top just to survive. We went on a nice holiday at Christmas but it took me two years to pay for it and we didn't do Christmas gifts. I drive an old car because its all I can afford and I certainly don't have a lavish lifestyle. Nor do I smoke or drink. The world has gone to shit

Yep. I do that. Next suggestion please

No idea, my suggestion was just what I do "

And we all do that. It isn't a secret. Those that are struggling mostly know how to find the best deals on all that shit. We're the experts. Because we gave to be.

I'm waiting for Mickey... he knows all the answers apparently...

Pontefract

"I'm waiting for Mickey... he knows all the answers apparently..."

Just gave suggestions, if you don’t want the suggestions then just ignore. No need to be rude is there?

"I'm waiting for Mickey... he knows all the answers apparently...

Just gave suggestions, if you don’t want the suggestions then just ignore. No need to be rude is there? "

Oh are you Mickey blue balls? Sorry didn't realise you had 2 profiles.

Pontefract

"I'm waiting for Mickey... he knows all the answers apparently...

Just gave suggestions, if you don’t want the suggestions then just ignore. No need to be rude is there?

Oh are you Mickey blue balls? Sorry didn't realise you had 2 profiles. "

My name is mick, so you can appreciate the confusion

Hull

Just do the usual things, hunt for better deals on everything, gas, electric, insurance. Martin Lewis website has some good ideas "

In some cases, that's worthwhile. But sticking with some providers can pay dividends.

EG. I've stayed with the same Mobile Phone company for 9.5 years. Each time at renewal, they've made me a better offer than those publicised, to keep me. Result, I've had the same deal all that time, but 9+ years ago it was £35 pm; now, it's £11pm.

Insurance companies are the same; stick with them but haggle fiercely, and threaten (nicely!) with what you could get elsewhere! They want your custom, they'll keep you; my home insurance has gone up only by a fraction each year in 4 years!

I'm lucky I'm only home 4-5 times a year, but I advise my provider about my gas / electricity usage after I've been home. They bill me, I pay it in full. They and I are happy with that arrangement.

Would welcome your advice. If you're such a guru"

If you only saved one pound a day, you would be £365 up by the end of the year.

A lot of people with low income jobs have told me that they have "no money " yet when they go out.. They spend more than me on drinks and meals.

They spend money on stupid things which are not needed.

A lot of people with low income jobs have told me that they have "no money " yet when they go out.. They spend more than me on drinks and meals.

They spend money on stupid things which are not needed. "

I don't go out. So what else you got?

In some cases, that's worthwhile. But sticking with some providers can pay dividends.

EG. I've stayed with the same Mobile Phone company for 9.5 years. Each time at renewal, they've made me a better offer than those publicised, to keep me. Result, I've had the same deal all that time, but 9+ years ago it was £35 pm; now, it's £11pm.

Insurance companies are the same; stick with them but haggle fiercely, and threaten (nicely!) with what you could get elsewhere! They want your custom, they'll keep you; my home insurance has gone up only by a fraction each year in 4 years!

I'm lucky I'm only home 4-5 times a year, but I advise my provider about my gas / electricity usage after I've been home. They bill me, I pay it in full. They and I are happy with that arrangement."

Even with the best price for things it is just the sheer amount of outgoings that is overwhelming isnt it. And they are all fixed every month so the only variable is food bills and these can only be shaved down so much. Being grown up is crap

I don't go out. So what else you got?"

And I'm not in a low income job. So we don't get any benefits etc.

Hiding from twats

They spend money on stupid things which are not needed. "

I wish I could afford to go out, last time I went out my mum paid for drinks as a treat because she knew I couldn't afford it

[Removed by poster at 24/01/20 23:39:08]

And I'm not in a low income job. So we don't get any benefits etc. "

Come on. You have to have more than that? Not everyone struggling wastes their money on frivolous things...

I paid myself on 5th April last year, pay myself on 5th April this year again.

"I paid myself on 5th April last year, pay myself on 5th April this year again."

My hero

I don't go out. So what else you got?"

How much do you spend on bbc?

Hull

I'm lucky I'm only home 4-5 times a year, but I advise my provider about my gas / electricity usage after I've been home. They bill me, I pay it in full. They and I are happy with that arrangement.

Even with the best price for things it is just the sheer amount of outgoings that is overwhelming isnt it. And they are all fixed every month so the only variable is food bills and these can only be shaved down so much. Being grown up is crap "

Transport costs are another thing.

Train fares go up each January. Bus fares are a yearly increase, though with a Railcard and advance planning, I can travel fairly cheaply; as for bus operators, I cannot wait for my bus pass next year!

First payday since Dec 19th today and yipppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..

"

My tv licence? Same as everyone else

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Feels like the 85th of January, and still another week till payday

"Feels like the 85th of January, and still another week till payday "

It’s a tough one!

My tv licence? Same as everyone else"

£10

Could do with a payday asap

Jesus why is everyone so judgemental

Scarlett I’m more or less in the same boat as you. Fuck it can be tough. Me and C didn’t do Christmas presents this year for either of us or our baba, and close family got sweets or jammies.

We simply don’t earn enough atm to save money. We don’t go out, my god I can’t remember the last time we spent any money on a ‘treat’. Our fucking fridge died just before Christmas and the car refused to start so that was even more money.

Unless you personally know someone’s situation you have absolutely no right to preach.

Sounds tough don't understand why really other than a low paid job/jobs, if that's the case get another job that pays better why live hand to mouth, you must have a choice surely. You live in the UK not the third world.

Any way hope things work out for those waiting to get get paid.

Hull

"Sounds tough don't understand why really other than a low paid job/jobs, if that's the case get another job that pays better why live hand to mouth, you must have a choice surely. You live in the UK not the third world.

Any way hope things work out for those waiting to get get paid."

You make it sound so easy but it's not always that way.

I work away from home because, due to my career choice, if I stayed up in my home town of Hull, for the same role, I'd be on about £5k less than I am now working in the West Midlands.

If I looked at other careers, a number of employers would see me as "too old" (ageism exists!), or I'd be in jobs at Zero Hours Contracts and with Minimum Wage levels.

These factors don't pay Mortgages plus all the other Bills.

I don't drive which would make commuting from home to the bigger Northern cities like Leeds or Sheffield, really expensive.

So, I work elsewhere, to allow myself some semblance of both employment & financial Security.

Many people don't have that choice. They could be in a job where it sucks on all fronts, but of which there's nowt else the same in their area. So it is a case of better the devil you know, rather than take a chance elsewhere.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I budgeted and planned.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"I budget all year round. Certainly dont let christmas wipe me out. "

Same here.

I get paid next week, had a home move too last week, poor credit cards

"Sounds tough don't understand why really other than a low paid job/jobs, if that's the case get another job that pays better why live hand to mouth, you must have a choice surely. You live in the UK not the third world.

I work away from home because, due to my career choice, if I stayed up in my home town of Hull, for the same role, I'd be on about £5k less than I am now working in the West Midlands.

If I looked at other careers, a number of employers would see me as "too old" (ageism exists!), or I'd be in jobs at Zero Hours Contracts and with Minimum Wage levels.

I don't drive which would make commuting from home to the bigger Northern cities like Leeds or Sheffield, really expensive.

So, I work elsewhere, to allow myself some semblance of both employment & financial Security.

Many people don't have that choice. They could be in a job where it sucks on all fronts, but of which there's nowt else the same in their area. So it is a case of better the devil you know, rather than take a chance elsewhere.

"

Hope I didn't sound disrespectful or fly just find it hard to understand, these are posters from all over the UK and large cities not isolated places.

Must be down to budgeting and spending beyond their means as well as the Christmas stuff why people are so short of money.

I was in Manchester for a few weeks over the Christmas period and heard and read that the UK unemployment is down to less then 1.5 million, a few years ago it was 3 million so the opportunity to find better paying incomes must be there.

I do understand the age related thing though.

A"

Brilliantly put! If you can't afford the Christmas you have, change either your Christmas or save for it ... from the always totally skint self employed

We don’t do Xmas really. We always go away on holiday for a few weeks and miss it all. I knew people over spent at xmas time but didn’t realize how difficult it made January for so many people. I just couldn’t imagine being in a situation where you are so tight for money if your in full time employment. I don’t think I could bear it, I’d look at somehow making a drastic change to my life or lifestyle if I lived in those circumstances.

Hiding from twats

Hope I didn't sound disrespectful or fly just find it hard to understand, these are posters from all over the UK and large cities not isolated places.

Must be down to budgeting and spending beyond their means as well as the Christmas stuff why people are so short of money.

I was in Manchester for a few weeks over the Christmas period and heard and read that the UK unemployment is down to less then 1.5 million, a few years ago it was 3 million so the opportunity to find better paying incomes must be there.

I do understand the age related thing though."

Unemployment being down is partly due to zero hours contracts. Which are a load of bollocks as I'm sure everyone's aware. Finding a decent job is actually quite hard. I'd love to be able to move away for work, but the kids' dad would have a shit fit and I'd lose my entire support network.

Also some people have other shit going on like having to care for family members, etc. And not necessarily ones that you get a carer's allowance for either.

It really isn't as black and white as some people seem to think it is.

By *8ddCouple  over a year ago

xxxxx

Every mth save £25if you can then when dec comes you have £275 which should get you though the last week

A

Brilliantly put! If you can't afford the Christmas you have, change either your Christmas or save for it ... from the always totally skint self employed "

Yeah next time my fridge and freezer break and my car stops turning on, I’ll just plan better for it

"Every mth save £25if you can then when dec comes you have £275 which should get you though the last week "

Wish I had £25 to save every month. Cute idea though

Any way hope things work out for those waiting to get get paid."

Must be nice to live in your world where you see everything through rose tinted glasses.

Must be nice to live in your world where you see everything through rose tinted glasses."

I don’t think people are trying to be nasty. I just think unless you are living in this situation it’s hard to imagine what it’s like

Must be nice to live in your world where you see everything through rose tinted glasses.

I don’t think people are trying to be nasty. I just think unless you are living in this situation it’s hard to imagine what it’s like "

Where did we say anyone was neing nasty?

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Paid yesterday thank flip!

A

Brilliantly put! If you can't afford the Christmas you have, change either your Christmas or save for it ... from the always totally skint self employed

Yeah next time my fridge and freezer break and my car stops turning on, I’ll just plan better for it "

Oh I know that feeling, hopefully you had people to help out with the frozen stuff! Life can be a bummer sometimes ... hope it's sorted now!

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"

Unless you personally know someone’s situation you have absolutely no right to preach. "

I agree with this.

I also think that a certain degree of this comes down to people's different meaning of the words 'skint' or 'broke'. To some that means down to their last £100. To others it means siting in 3 jumpers and under a blanket, as they have no gas for heating until payday.

No one knows others circumstances on here and assuming that someone has no money based on being frivolous, shows a huge misunderstanding of the economic situation that many in this country live in and is symptomatic of the current blame culture.

I don’t think people are trying to be nasty. I just think unless you are living in this situation it’s hard to imagine what it’s like

Where did we say anyone was neing nasty? "

Where did we say you did ? It was just a general comment on how the post was going

Hiding from twats

"

Unless you personally know someone’s situation you have absolutely no right to preach.

I agree with this.

I also think that a certain degree of this comes down to people's different meaning of the words 'skint' or 'broke'. To some that means down to their last £100. To others it means siting in 3 jumpers and under a blanket, as they have no gas for heating until payday.

No one knows others circumstances on here and assuming that someone has no money based on being frivolous, shows a huge misunderstanding of the economic situation that many in this country live in and is symptomatic of the current blame culture. "

Thank you!

I get paid weekly

Must be nice to live in your world where you see everything through rose tinted glasses."

Rose tinted glasses ffs I have lived in the Middle East for over 30+ years I have seen poverty you wouldn't believe, and wealth you wouldn't believe, I sponsor two Orphaned little children so they have a home, education, health care, and are not living on the streets begging like so many are.

Rose tinted glasses wow.

Just checked my bank and my pays gone in today instead of Monday. Time to put my sky back on and my broadband. Been using my neighbours wifi for a month through the wall (she knows and gave me her password!)

I get £20.70 a week child benefit and that goes straight to my Xmas club account which I can’t touch until the third week of November. I pay in 47 weeks of the year and they give you almost £30 for saving with them and it gets rounded up to £1000 which I do Xmas with. I also have an Asda card which I top up throughout the year and they give you £6 to top it up to £150 and I do my Xmas good shop with that.

I don’t drink or smoke but I do have my nails done every month at £20 a pop or sometimes there’s and offer for gel toe nails for £10. I also have my eyelashes topped up every month between £15 and £20 depending how many I’ve shed but the initial outlay was £60.

My kids classes cost me £180 a month and her father gives me £28 a month in maintenance as he hides his earnings and despite me reporting him to the child maintenance options people they just aren’t interested, unless you’re taking money from them they don’t give a fuck. My ex lives in his deceased Nans house rent and mortgage free with his long term girlfriend who also works full time. He has a 2 year old Mercedes with private plate, a works van, a super bike. Between them they only have utilities and good to buy but he refuses to give anymore than £7 a week for his child. He goes on 3 holidays a year, take s my daughter for two weeks abroad takes her to Alton towers and Thorpe park and all the fantastic kids places you can go which is great and she gets to go to all these places. It would just be nice if I could take her on holiday or these days out cos they get all the memories, is she really gonna give a fuck that I paid for drama, swimming, gymnastics, kickboxing and piano lessons for her?

I think the fair thing would be for him to see all the things I pay out for like weekly school dinner money and all the classes and school trips and school uniform and pay half towards it all.

January is a bitch!

We got paid a week early and I moved house and it was Christmas!

My credit cards are crying

"

I agree with this.

No one knows others circumstances on here and assuming that someone has no money based on being frivolous, shows a huge misunderstanding of the economic situation that many in this country live in and is symptomatic of the current blame culture. "

You know you’re proper skint when you’re on your period and you know when a blob is gonna come out of you so you just sit yourself on the toilet and have to use toilet roll cos you can’t justify spending £4 on tampons.

By *uryWhipMan  over a year ago

Harringay

I dont have a job or any other money coming in. Starting to freak out coz the only money I have left will just about cover my loan and credit card repayments. Been hunting for work to no avial. Been trying to find temp work for that weekly pay to get myself back on my feet.

So if anyone knows of any temp work, preferably data entry stuff, around London please give me a shout.

Liverpool

"My MOT is due and I was recently made redundant. Sometimes it’s not about how clever you are with budgeting, anyone can find themselves in trouble.

This.

You can save money, sometimes things happen and boom, the money has gone

"

Yep. I put my car in for its MOT and service which already cleared me out. It then needed 2 new tyres, brake pads and brake discs and an aux belt .

Where did we say anyone was neing nasty?

Where did we say you did ? It was just a general comment on how the post was going "

Ah ok. Just you quoted our comment, made us think you were talking about us. No worries.

"I dont have a job or any other money coming in. Starting to freak out coz the only money I have left will just about cover my loan and credit card repayments. Been hunting for work to no avial. Been trying to find temp work for that weekly pay to get myself back on my feet.

So if anyone knows of any temp work, preferably data entry stuff, around London please give me a shout. "

Is there no bar jobs? Or McDonalds are usually constantly recruiting. Just a thought.

Rose tinted glasses ffs I have lived in the Middle East for over 30+ years I have seen poverty you wouldn't believe, and wealth you wouldn't believe, I sponsor two Orphaned little children so they have a home, education, health care, and are not living on the streets begging like so many are.

Rose tinted glasses wow."

Ok. So maybe you should have more understanding about poverty then and why people just can't change jobs, just like that.

"

I agree with this.

No one knows others circumstances on here and assuming that someone has no money based on being frivolous, shows a huge misunderstanding of the economic situation that many in this country live in and is symptomatic of the current blame culture.

You know you’re proper skint when you’re on your period and you know when a blob is gonna come out of you so you just sit yourself on the toilet and have to use toilet roll cos you can’t justify spending £4 on tampons. "

If you are that hard up please go to your local food bank. They can supply you with basic necessities. Cut back any unnecessary spending such as nails and eyelashes, sky tv, Netflix etc. Every penny helps.

Liverpool

I don’t think people are trying to be nasty. I just think unless you are living in this situation it’s hard to imagine what it’s like "

I know more people in this situation than not. Especially people my age. I was literally talking to a friend last night about how she's stressed as her sisters struggled to conceive once over 30 as then couldn't at all from mid 30s on. She's 30 this year and says there's no way she can afford to have kids and her and her partner couldn't afford any thing bigger than their 1 bed flat so it just wouldn't work. They don't drive either or go on holiday and both earn above minimum wage.

I drive as I have a 90 minute commute for one of my jobs and my car is very cheap to run and insure but as I've only been driving 3 years and my old car got broken into my insurance is £100 a month. My partner splits fuel with me luckily as he doesn't drive so I do lots of driving him about. We haven't been on holiday in 2 years as we don't have the money. Again we both earn above minimum wage. It's just the reality of living for lots of people. Especially renters.

Tuesday couldn't come quick enough lol. At least I've had few days cash in hand here and there.

"

I agree with this.

You know you’re proper skint when you’re on your period and you know when a blob is gonna come out of you so you just sit yourself on the toilet and have to use toilet roll cos you can’t justify spending £4 on tampons.

If you are that hard up please go to your local food bank. They can supply you with basic necessities. Cut back any unnecessary spending such as nails and eyelashes, sky tv, Netflix etc. Every penny helps."

That’s not all the time I’ve just done it in the past. I don’t think I’m at the food bank stage because l do waste money on stupid shit so wouldn’t feel right taking from people that really need it.

Rose tinted glasses wow.

Ok. So maybe you should have more understanding about poverty then and why people just can't change jobs, just like that."

I do understand poverty been there in the UK and when I arrived in Egypt! What I said was I don't understand why everyone who is working in the Uk keeps saying how skint they are. Is it just down to Christmas? Or down to living beyond their means? Living hand to mouth when working why? If that's the case find a new job, that is all I mentioned, you have mentioned poverty that's not what this thread was or is about after all isn't the UK economy the 5th largest economy in the world? Isn't unemployment down to below 1.5 million? Not many MENA States are anywhere near that figure.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

oooooooooooooooooooo I was about to say I don't get it either.

The distance from one pay day to the next is the same....

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

It's all already accounted for so I'm not getting excited still a week to go before I'm re-skint!