FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > tradwife

tradwife

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Lots of views on Holly Willoughby interview with a tradwife happy to stay at home to look after the kids and get a family allowance.

I respect her choice although many vocal on this one

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I just read a brief description of the interview.

Her choice, she's happy, why not?

The woman concerned could have been describing my parents marriage. I think it's a shame that some people feel that they're being feminists by telling a woman her choices are wrong and she should be living how they think she should rather than how she thinks she should. It kind of defeats the object in my opinion.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If she and her family are happy then it’s nobody else’s business

Bloody hell is "tradwife" a word now. Everything is a blooming portmanteau this century

"Bloody hell is "tradwife" a word now. Everything is a blooming portmanteau this century"

I heard the word mankle yesterday, I nearly vomited over my notes

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I chose to stay at home and look after my children and the house. I was very happy and lucky that my husband earned enough to enable me to do this. He always had freshly ironed shirts and a home cooked meal. I felt that was my job.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

That's how it was when I was growing up, my mum stayed at home to look after us and the home. When we went to school, she got a job that worked round school hours.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I don't see the problem.

Where there are two parents and they make the decision that they want to parent their own children and one of them has the displeasure of having to leave the family to provide income people should keep their noses out.

P.S. Feminism does not have an issue with women who choose to be mothers. They have issues with societies that tell them they MUST. Feminism would support that woman to make her own choice to be a mother and homemaker.

By *urvyandCurious999Woman  over a year ago

Hiding from twats

I tried it for a while, but I was bored to tears. I still love the idea though and feel like if that's what makes someone happy then why not?

It's just a shame the term tradwife has been linked to white supremacy

By *unshine05Man  over a year ago

Sherborne

If shes happy why not,

"I don't see the problem.

Where there are two parents and they make the decision that they want to parent their own children and one of them has the displeasure of having to leave the family to provide income people should keep their noses out.

P.S. Feminism does not have an issue with women who choose to be mothers. They have issues with societies that tell them they MUST. Feminism would support that woman to make her own choice to be a mother and homemaker. "

I’m a stay at home mum. And a very proud feminist.

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

What kind of a world is it coming to when people have to defend themselves and their decisions at every turn. It really comes down to the old adage that you can’t please all of the people all of the time so it’s best just to please yourselves and enjoy your life

I also have seen anyone outraged by this. I’ve seen people claim ‘people are outraged!’ But never actually heard from the outraged people

King's Crustacean

I'm having problems with the term 'tradwife'.......

I think that's what's caused the problem.

"I'm having problems with the term 'tradwife'.......

I think that's what's caused the problem. "

I keep reading it as ‘trade wife’ and thinking ‘why are they trading?’

King's Crustacean

STOP THE PRESS!

This woman. This 'tradwife' ...... runs a finishing school for genteel ladies and writes a column .....

What a fucking liberty.

Willing to sell women down the river to promote her own business.

"STOP THE PRESS!

This woman. This 'tradwife' ...... runs a finishing school for genteel ladies and writes a column .....

What a fucking liberty.

Willing to sell women down the river to promote her own business. "

Willing to trade for a wife who is good at cooking and cleaning

King's Crustacean

SHUT MY MOUTH!

It's a Vlog not a business......

Watch this space.

Self promoting prone position fucking fuckity fucker.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I also have seen anyone outraged by this. I’ve seen people claim ‘people are outraged!’ But never actually heard from the outraged people "

I'm at the extreme-ish end of feminism and my response is, if it makes her happy more power to her.

By *wist my nipplesCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"Lots of views on Holly Willoughby interview with a tradwife happy to stay at home to look after the kids and get a family allowance.

I respect her choice although many vocal on this one"

Absolutely, each to their own.

What does ring alarm bells is her saying a wife's role is to submit to her husband. Now I am sexually submissive to my husband, so that's not what concerns me. I'm concerned about labelling financial and domestic submission as traditional values. Many women have been trapped in unhappy or abusive relationships this way, and continue to be. Describing this as "traditional" puts a rosy glow on something which can deprive women of their freedom.

Mrs TMN x

Being a stay at home mum or dad is a job... worked well for our kids and definitely made life easier at home. Yes it's nice to have a 2nd income but at what cost to family life....

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Lots of views on Holly Willoughby interview with a tradwife happy to stay at home to look after the kids and get a family allowance.

What does ring alarm bells is her saying a wife's role is to submit to her husband. Now I am sexually submissive to my husband, so that's not what concerns me. I'm concerned about labelling financial and domestic submission as traditional values. Many women have been trapped in unhappy or abusive relationships this way, and continue to be. Describing this as "traditional" puts a rosy glow on something which can deprive women of their freedom.

Mrs TMN x"

Yeah, anyone telling people what their role should be based on their gender can shove it. You do you, I'll do me.

"Being a stay at home mum or dad is a job... worked well for our kids and definitely made life easier at home. Yes it's nice to have a 2nd income but at what cost to family life...."

Did you stay at home?

Mrs TMN x

Mrs TMN x

Yeah, anyone telling people what their role should be based on their gender can shove it. You do you, I'll do me."

x

I'm sure more women would stay at home if they could survive on one wage.

Phil and holly are pathetic they were trying to dig out an argument, pair of twats.

like couples who swing, it's their choice, what works for bill may be frowned upon by Ben, that's why the world is exciting.

Fuck em' do what makes you happy.

By *ondon lad 44Man  over a year ago

swindon

"I chose to stay at home and look after my children and the house. I was very happy and lucky that my husband earned enough to enable me to do this. He always had freshly ironed shirts and a home cooked meal. I felt that was my job. "
very lucky man x

"I'm sure more women would stay at home if they could survive on one wage. "

Yes. I know plenty of people with children who would prefer to work less or for one partner to stay home, but they can't afford it.

Mrs TMN x

By *ondon lad 44Man  over a year ago

swindon

"That's how it was when I was growing up, my mum stayed at home to look after us and the home. When we went to school, she got a job that worked round school hours."

Well done ur mum x

"SHUT MY MOUTH!

It's a Vlog not a business......

Watch this space.

Self promoting prone position fucking fuckity fucker."

A mumpreneur?

I was a stay at home mum when the kids were little, poor as churchmice but its what we chose and were happy enough with it. I didnt make a very good wife though, I never ironed. I probably still reckon Im a feminist too.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Think people should keep their.noses out of other peoples relationships

"STOP THE PRESS!

What a fucking liberty.

I can't not read "what a fucking liberty" without thinking of the granny from Catherine Tate. XD

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"That's how it was when I was growing up, my mum stayed at home to look after us and the home. When we went to school, she got a job that worked round school hours.

Well done ur mum x"

I know, it was lovely and sometimes she would look after the neighbours children also

Chelmsford

I don't like the term 'tradwife' but that was in the article. I didn't see it but read a press item on it. Holly apparently was surprised that the lady did not have access to hubbies account. Maybe I will watch in on catch-up..

Wonder if the tradwife was being set up. Can't think why else they would interview her..

Chelmsford

Have watched it and the lady was intelligent and thoughtful to listen to.. all about choice..

Chelmsford

Chelmsford

Is it a 1950s lifestyle ?

All women should serve their male overlords.

Chelmsford

No but the lady on TV said her vows were to love honour and obey

By *ackinabox19Man  over a year ago

Harrogate

If a mother and wife wants dinner stay at home and spend time with the children and support her husband I say good for her just as much as I do for the lady who wants to have a career. Who are we to judge and say one is right and one is wrong, we are all individuals who have different opinions. Neither is wrong and I respect both views, but I just respect people in general because I’m a nice guy.

After the week i have had at work, i wish i was a tradewife.

Nikki

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I’d like to be a stay at home wife.

With a cleaner.

I actually want to be a lady that lunches - but it’s never going to happen!!

I do resent not being able to spend more time at home when the children were little though.

J x

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

"STOP THE PRESS!

What a fucking liberty.

She wants to get back in that kitchen she claims she belongs in

For a 'tradwife' she seems to be out a lot!

By *urvyandCurious999Woman  over a year ago

Hiding from twats

I'd just like a partner that supported me whether or not I wanted to work or stay at home.

By *unshine05Man  over a year ago

Sherborne

So is she making me a sandwich or what?

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"I'm sure more women would stay at home if they could survive on one wage. "

By *ocusMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

A lot of tradwives on Twitter usually start talking about “racial purity” and other such shit...

By *olieandSlaveCouple  over a year ago

Stafford

She uses the word 'submit' to her husband.

Jeez. I'm so domme that I struggle to hit 'submit' on web forms

Chelmsford

"A lot of tradwives on Twitter usually start talking about “racial purity” and other such shit..."

What is racial purity ? Never heard the term. Is it people who are against dating/marrying those from other races etc?

Cambridge

"A lot of tradwives on Twitter usually start talking about “racial purity” and other such shit...

What is racial purity ? Never heard the term. Is it people who are against dating/marrying those from other races etc?"

Yes pretty much. Trad wife has been used by some as a cover to slip in some nasty, bigoted agendas.

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Tradwife?

That's a new one on me. Don't like the term.

However, as long as that's what she wants to do. Emphasis on "she wants". Then great.

Wouldn't have worked for me. I was going stir crazy by the time my maternity leave came to an end. Was so ready to go back to work.

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"A lot of tradwives on Twitter usually start talking about “racial purity” and other such shit..."

What? I just thought it was a new term for a housewife, is there something I'm missing?

Chelmsford

I think it's just girls who want a traditional stay at home and look after the kids, home and husband lifestyle..

Each to their own...

Cambridge

"A lot of tradwives on Twitter usually start talking about “racial purity” and other such shit...

What? I just thought it was a new term for a housewife, is there something I'm missing? "

Well, trad wives first started to rise to prominence on Twitter and a lot of them were linked to extreme right wing movements. They use the fairly cosy and harmless-sounding yearning for a traditional life...like it was in the 30s and 40s...you know....when there were less of “them”.

Now they’re trying to normalise it as it becomes more well known but its roots still lie in the extreme right wing and it’s a subtle way to influence people.

It’s a similar technique to the white power/OK hand gesture. A while ago right wingers said “let’s use the ‘ok’ hand gesture as a symbol of white power and if anyone asks we’ll act innocent and just say it means ok”.

So now racists and extreme right wingers can go around openly making the symbol and then saying “what? Are you crazy? It just means ok”.

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

What? I just thought it was a new term for a housewife, is there something I'm missing?

Well, trad wives first started to rise to prominence on Twitter and a lot of them were linked to extreme right wing movements. They use the fairly cosy and harmless-sounding yearning for a traditional life...like it was in the 30s and 40s...you know....when there were less of “them”.

Now they’re trying to normalise it as it becomes more well known but its roots still lie in the extreme right wing and it’s a subtle way to influence people.

It’s a similar technique to the white power/OK hand gesture. A while ago right wingers said “let’s use the ‘ok’ hand gesture as a symbol of white power and if anyone asks we’ll act innocent and just say it means ok”.

So now racists and extreme right wingers can go around openly making the symbol and then saying “what? Are you crazy? It just means ok”."

I see. Thanks!

Chelmsford

I am appalled that these stay at home mums are so right wing..

My eyes have been well and truly opened...

So now racists and extreme right wingers can go around openly making the symbol and then saying “what? Are you crazy? It just means ok”."

This movement isnt from a place of tolerance.

Chelmsford

I have met lots of housewives over the years and have been blind to the truth that they are mostly extremists..

How could I have been fooled for all those years.. Auntie Joan wore a red apron and had both a hammer and a sycle in her shed...

I missed the signs..

Chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 26/01/20 20:33:05]

» Add a new message to this topic