FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Dead legs

Dead legs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Sorry men, a TMI topic

So, I got my period during the night. I’m grumpy as fuck, and in agony. Blah blah blah. (I have endometritis).

However - whenever I’m on my period, my legs go dead. It’s bloody agony. I can’t sleep at night (super fun when you have insomnia and a four month old baba) because they’re so sore. I used to get the pain for a few hours when on my period, but now I get the pain for a week before I’m on, and then throughout the whole time I’m on. So roughly two weeks.

I was referred to rheumatology in 2018, (for my back as well) but it took a year for me to get an appointment and by the time I was seen, I was six months pregnant so they couldn’t really do anything. Was told to come back when I start getting periods again, but I need to be referred and yeah, that could take another year.

Any tips for the pain? I’ve tried hot baths, warm baths, cold baths, hot water bottles, massages, keeping active, pretty much anything that I can think of. I’m gonna book a doctors appointment at some point, but it’s so sore that I can barely walk sometimes.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

FIRST. YEAAAAAA

"FIRST. YEAAAAAA"

Damn I’m so proud of you

sheffield

Whiskey.

Two glasses

Drink one

Run the other into your legs

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"FIRST. YEAAAAAA"

FUCK!

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"FIRST. YEAAAAAA"

Where have you been?

"Whiskey.

Two glasses

Drink one

Run the other into your legs "

I can’t drink alcohol.

sheffield

"FIRST. YEAAAAAA

Where have you been?"

I was taken by the cat lady and used as a scratching post. But I’m back now.

sheffield

"Whiskey.

Two glasses

Drink one

Run the other into your legs

I can’t drink alcohol. "

Rub both glasses into your legs then

STOKE ON TRENT

"FIRST. YEAAAAAA

Where have you been?

I was taken by the cat lady and used as a scratching post. But I’m back now. "

Good x

Cbd..

Great pain relief

Also; I’m exclusively breastfeeding so I can’t really take anything. I take paracetamol and ibeprufen (one, three times a day at most) and that’s all I can take

By *urvyandCurious999Woman  over a year ago

Hiding from twats

I get leg pain too, the only thing I've found that helps is heat. I'm in bed with a water bottle feeling miserable right now so I really do feel your pain x

I dont know the name of them, but you get them stocking things from the hospital to stop blood clots and keep circulation going. Would they help?

STOKE ON TRENT

"I dont know the name of them, but you get them stocking things from the hospital to stop blood clots and keep circulation going. Would they help?"

Long John's?

"I dont know the name of them, but you get them stocking things from the hospital to stop blood clots and keep circulation going. Would they help?"

Oh possibly. Fuck I hated them. I didn’t wear them when I’d given birth. Wore them for the one day I was in hospital, once more when my midwife was over and that was it

I was up and moving about so much I didn’t need to. But might be a shout

"I get leg pain too, the only thing I've found that helps is heat. I'm in bed with a water bottle feeling miserable right now so I really do feel your pain x"

xx

STOKE ON TRENT

"Sorry men, a TMI topic

So, I got my period during the night. I’m grumpy as fuck, and in agony. Blah blah blah. (I have endometritis).

However - whenever I’m on my period, my legs go dead. It’s bloody agony. I can’t sleep at night (super fun when you have insomnia and a four month old baba) because they’re so sore. I used to get the pain for a few hours when on my period, but now I get the pain for a week before I’m on, and then throughout the whole time I’m on. So roughly two weeks.

I was referred to rheumatology in 2018, (for my back as well) but it took a year for me to get an appointment and by the time I was seen, I was six months pregnant so they couldn’t really do anything. Was told to come back when I start getting periods again, but I need to be referred and yeah, that could take another year.

Any tips for the pain? I’ve tried hot baths, warm baths, cold baths, hot water bottles, massages, keeping active, pretty much anything that I can think of. I’m gonna book a doctors appointment at some point, but it’s so sore that I can barely walk sometimes. "

Get some to massage your legs.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Magnesium oil spray.

Honestly it works a treat. Look for the Betteryou brand

By *roticGoddessXXWoman  over a year ago

Richmond

"Sorry men, a TMI topic

Any tips for the pain? I’ve tried hot baths, warm baths, cold baths, hot water bottles, massages, keeping active, pretty much anything that I can think of. I’m gonna book a doctors appointment at some point, but it’s so sore that I can barely walk sometimes. "

Have you considered looking into acupuncture? It's not an instant fix (but then even meds aren't) and it's not cheap, but I had GREAT results for pain.

"I dont know the name of them, but you get them stocking things from the hospital to stop blood clots and keep circulation going. Would they help?

Long John's?"

ive no idea, but somehow i dont think so

"I dont know the name of them, but you get them stocking things from the hospital to stop blood clots and keep circulation going. Would they help?

Oh possibly. Fuck I hated them. I didn’t wear them when I’d given birth. Wore them for the one day I was in hospital, once more when my midwife was over and that was it

I was up and moving about so much I didn’t need to. But might be a shout "

Glad I could help

Potassium is meant to be good for nightime leg cramps, or I read compression socks may help. Unsure how long you can keep them on for though. X

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Potassium is meant to be good for nightime leg cramps, or I read compression socks may help. Unsure how long you can keep them on for though. X"

Or magnesium, I was just thinking similarly. See if those help. In general, heat and gentle stretching?

Thank you everyone

By *ntrigued32Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

Bananas are good for sore legs. I suffered alot during my last pregnancy and a banana a day helped.

I hope you find some relief QL as it's a pain in the arse.

Jo.Xx

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Periods suck enough at the best of times

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Potassium is meant to be good for nightime leg cramps, or I read compression socks may help. Unsure how long you can keep them on for though. X

Or magnesium, I was just thinking similarly. See if those help. In general, heat and gentle stretching?"

I mentioned earlier about Magnesium. The spray, just before bed is really good. Sometimes take a good few days of use for it to take effect though

"Potassium is meant to be good for nightime leg cramps, or I read compression socks may help. Unsure how long you can keep them on for though. X"

Compression Socks!

Thats the word I was looking for!

STOKE ON TRENT

"Potassium is meant to be good for nightime leg cramps, or I read compression socks may help. Unsure how long you can keep them on for though. X

Compression Socks!

Thats the word I was looking for!"

You Googled that.

Compression Socks!

You Googled that."

I didn't, Autumn just said the name

STOKE ON TRENT

Compression Socks!

You Googled that.

I didn't, Autumn just said the name"

Liar

It's horrible, that dead leg feeling and the pain that goes through the hips and down both legs.

HRT has got rid of mine atm. But your way to young for that (I'm technically too young too)

There's an endometriosis group on Facebook that can be handy if you ignore the bits that don't apply and just have a read through.

Aside from that. I just wanted to say go you on the exclusively breast feeding. It's hard work but you sound like you're doing brilliant with it all and a natural mum. And I mean that in a completely non condescending patronising way.

"It's horrible, that dead leg feeling and the pain that goes through the hips and down both legs.

HRT has got rid of mine atm. But your way to young for that (I'm technically too young too)

There's an endometriosis group on Facebook that can be handy if you ignore the bits that don't apply and just have a read through.

Aside from that. I just wanted to say go you on the exclusively breast feeding. It's hard work but you sound like you're doing brilliant with it all and a natural mum. And I mean that in a completely non condescending patronising way. "

Ah thank you

Soooooo I went to the doctors

Basically my ovaries are too low down, and are crushing a nerve, which explains the leg pain. However, being pregnant cause my ovaries to be pushed down even further. Yay!

So basically my doctor wants me to go on the pill. Which I don’t want.

I was given co-codamol to take, was warned it could make baba drowsy. However; they don’t. But I’ve only taken two since Friday, trying so hard to keep off them.

How horrible for you hope you get it sorted

I am on my period too, in pain and flitting between bouts of sheer rage, crying and then looking at baby Yoda pictures and crying again

"How horrible for you hope you get it sorted

I am on my period too, in pain and flitting between bouts of sheer rage, crying and then looking at baby Yoda pictures and crying again "

Thank you! I was such a grumpy bitch. I only actually bled for a day and a half, but still have the cramps, back pain, sickness and dead legs.

How is that TMI? Nothing disgusting or graphic or anything.

"How is that TMI? Nothing disgusting or graphic or anything. "

Some men think periods are shameful

"How is that TMI? Nothing disgusting or graphic or anything.

Some men think periods are shameful "

Shameful? But they're an unavoidable, natural part of being a woman. Hell, I've even penetrated women when they're on. IDGAF.

Shameful? But they're an unavoidable, natural part of being a woman. Hell, I've even penetrated women when they're on. IDGAF."

You’re a true gentleman

Shameful? But they're an unavoidable, natural part of being a woman. Hell, I've even penetrated women when they're on. IDGAF.

You’re a true gentleman "

*Tips hat*.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Endo sister! The leg pain is the fucking worst! I haven't had a period for years but I still regularly get the leg pain. The only thing that seems to help me is staying hydrated and sitting with my legs up on the back of the sofa. It takes about 30 mins from the pain starting to go away when doing this but it does eventually seem to work.

I used to get bad legs cramps when I started running a lot and it was due to not taking in enough electrolytes to replace the ones I sweated out/used whilst running. With other posters suggesting magnesium and potassium (bananas) it sounds similar.

You could try drinking electrolyte sports drinks, you can get them in any supermarket now. They definitely helped with my leg cramps.

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

Sounds like you have Dysmenorrhea, especially given the position of your ovaries and the offer of the Pill from your doctor.

Exercise, Heat and Massage can all help, as can a change of diet. Getting diagnosed with Dysmenorrhea, may help. My advice is to continue to see the doctor and try a heating pad on your abdomen; your legs are in pain but they are not the source of the pain.

Update; I should be getting hormone tests done at some point. Periods and hormones are majorly fucked up at the moment. Yaaaaay!

"Update; I should be getting hormone tests done at some point. Periods and hormones are majorly fucked up at the moment. Yaaaaay!"

Oh and I’m still in agony

» Add a new message to this topic