FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Dressing to... not impress

Dressing to... not impress

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *naswingdress OP   Woman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Does anyone ever deliberately dress themselves to wind someone up?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Does anyone ever deliberately dress themselves to wind someone up? "

No, is this a thing?

I can't say I do, I didn't even think of this

Manchester (she/her)

"Does anyone ever deliberately dress themselves to wind someone up?

No, is this a thing?"

It is for me in very specific circumstances.

Manchester (she/her)

"I can't say I do, I didn't even think of this "

People I have to see make derogatory comments about my fashion choices. So I play it up to show I don't give a toss.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

No I havent

"I can't say I do, I didn't even think of this

People I have to see make derogatory comments about my fashion choices. So I play it up to show I don't give a toss."

Ahh, I'd do that if someone said they didn't like what I wore. So I haven't, but I totally would.

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

Not to wind someone up - no. But at the Christmas MLS , for instance, I deliberately chose to ‘opt out’ of the usual dress parade by wearing leggings and a jumper. I’ve done the same at club SX too. I think I just wanted to be E..... rather than Peachy for a while. I rather liked it too.

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I'd happily dress up as a stormtrooper for a Star Trek convention.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

No. I just wear what I want to wear

My wife decided to wear a tu-tu on xmas day, it looked horrendous, she knew it but didn't give a fuck. She wore it out visiting and our boy was mortified, she now threatens to pick him up from school in it if he's ever a little shit.

Manchester (she/her)

People I have to see make derogatory comments about my fashion choices. So I play it up to show I don't give a toss.

Ahh, I'd do that if someone said they didn't like what I wore. So I haven't, but I totally would."

This is years of comments about my horrible dress sense.

My give a shit broke.

My work implemented a petty change to the dress code, which was neither here nor there really, just management trying to give the impression of control.

I'd wind them up by deliberately ignoring it

Yes, and punishment followed

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

Tina thinks I do

"My work implemented a petty change to the dress code, which was neither here nor there really, just management trying to give the impression of control.

I'd wind them up by deliberately ignoring it "

I did that. A previous boss issued a "no slacks" edict to the women. As he wasn't able to articulate exactly what 'slacks' were, we all wore trousers more often. Dinosaur.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Ahh, I'd do that if someone said they didn't like what I wore. So I haven't, but I totally would.

My give a shit broke."

I understand exactly where you're coming from.

My clothes are frequently commented on, not always favourably. The unfavourable comments make me wear the same type of clothes when I see those people. My parents are the biggest culprits, my mum despairs of me

By *inful xWoman  over a year ago

In a sleepy little village

The only time I do this is when someone suggests what I wear - ie high heels. Then the stubborn me comes out and wears timberlands

"My wife decided to wear a tu-tu on xmas day, it looked horrendous, she knew it but didn't give a fuck. She wore it out visiting and our boy was mortified, she now threatens to pick him up from school in it if he's ever a little shit."

"My work implemented a petty change to the dress code, which was neither here nor there really, just management trying to give the impression of control.

I'd wind them up by deliberately ignoring it

I did that. A previous boss issued a "no slacks" edict to the women. As he wasn't able to articulate exactly what 'slacks' were, we all wore trousers more often. Dinosaur. "

Exactly

All the real problems they should have been dealing with, and they chose to focus on something that had literally no positive effect whatsoever on anything, and just reduced morale. Fuckwits.

Manchester (she/her)

"Does anyone ever deliberately dress themselves to wind someone up?

The only time I do this is when someone suggests what I wear - ie high heels. Then the stubborn me comes out and wears timberlands "

Ooh yes.

I perform femininity, but you tell me what to wear and you get tomboy Swing.

Manchester (she/her)

My give a shit broke.

I understand exactly where you're coming from.

My clothes are frequently commented on, not always favourably. The unfavourable comments make me wear the same type of clothes when I see those people. My parents are the biggest culprits, my mum despairs of me "

Exactly. I'm dressed for the climate, I'm not in costume or anything wildly inappropriate. Be tactful or be quiet.

By *j1963Couple  over a year ago

leeds

I do this all the time. We can business dress or dress down in our office and as I have quite big boobs and bum i get noticed a lot for what i wear and have been told repeatedly that I'm scandalous. But other ladies wear similar and no comments are made. Like dont get me wrong I'm not naked but very sexy secretary. High heels, tight wiggle skirts, lace tops or low cut top with a Lacey top underneath. The more it annoys them the more I do it just so I'm on the edge of the dress code... lol

By *atcherwankerMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

I totally get this, and I do indeed do it occasionally. Like, I'm relatively alternative looking. You might say "a scruff" in fact. But despite my rock & roll hobo appearance, I have a fondness for nice things when funds permit. Posh meals, good cocktails, swanky hotels, that kind of jazz. In those environments, even in a three piece and immaculately tied eldredge knot I tend to stick out like a sore thumb. No matter how welcoming, friendly, professional and accommodating an establishment may be, the clientele are always a wild card and it's certainly not uncommon to get disapproving looks and tuts from snooty cunts horrified that someone who clearly doesn't drive a Mercedes is welcomed into their favourite restaurant.

If I know I'm going to elicit disapproval based on my appearance where I'm going, I'll make a point of looking as scruffy and "intimidating" as I can get away with. Because fuck those fuckers.

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I wear what I’m comfortable in depending on the meeting but I wouldnt dress horrendously (god forbid lol) and definitely not to a requested list

I dress for me and me only... Unless I'm on a promise lol

Yes. I like to be the centre of attention and my big bird outfit tends to get me the attention I crave....especially at funerals...

» Add a new message to this topic