FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mobile telecommunication device

Mobile telecommunication device

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So i have a samsung note 4 i got it in 2014 and still have it. I love it apart from the ceras starting to play silly buggers, I pay £9 a month for it.

Im after recommendations what to go for im not bothered about what it does aslong as it has bluetooth, makes calls, and has a camera... i really good camera, (ive noticed the wide lenses that the new models have got) thats all i use my phone for really. Any recommendations? Id like to stay android ill more than likely buy outright sim free as am happy paying £9 a month. Cheers

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

My samsung 9 has an awesome camera

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

I (her) like to wind my kids up with my "old" sayings, and in their company i refer to my mobile phone as "mobile telephone communication device" and it always raises a smile & giggle at my expense.... which makes me happy.

Anyway.... the thread title lured me in to tell you this unnecessary info that you won't be interested in or be expecting. I dont have any advice on what you are seeking, so will pop away again.... best of luck

"I (her) like to wind my kids up with my "old" sayings, and in their company i refer to my mobile phone as "mobile telephone communication device" and it always raises a smile & giggle at my expense.... which makes me happy.

Anyway.... the thread title lured me in to tell you this unnecessary info that you won't be interested in or be expecting. I dont have any advice on what you are seeking, so will pop away again.... best of luck "

i use old timer sayings all the time keep it going

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Daughters iPhone max has a great camera

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

You’re not gonna get better than £9 a month.

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

"I (her) like to wind my kids up with my "old" sayings, and in their company i refer to my mobile phone as "mobile telephone communication device" and it always raises a smile & giggle at my expense.... which makes me happy.

Anyway.... the thread title lured me in to tell you this unnecessary info that you won't be interested in or be expecting. I dont have any advice on what you are seeking, so will pop away again.... best of luck

i use old timer sayings all the time keep it going "

Will do

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Really happy with my Samsung A70 - has the spec of more top end models but more than half the price

Out of all my phone's I loved my Huawei best. The camera was amazing. But I've smashed it all up so bought iPhone X because I liked the colour back in November . I'm still using the same old phone iOS move won't transfer my stuff. So I recommend that you definitely stick to android whatever you do.

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

Samsung A series seems pretty good (just contemplating jumping over from Iphone after many years)

A20 is good at the budget end (£130ish) and the A70 looked good at the higher end (£320ish).

The main benefit i found is being able to chuck in a gynormous MicroSD to store all your pics and music at a great price. If you keep you phone for that many years, the average monthly cost will be pretty good

Up to this point I have found that out of all the android devices I've owned, the One Plus phones in my opinion have had the best cameras.

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

Huawei phones have bloody brilliant cameras, love mine!

By *alldarksurreyMan  over a year ago

surrey

Treat yourself to a Samsung note 10 plus 5g

I got our wee one a Xiaomi redmi note 6 pro sim free for around £100, camera is cracking, runs android and pretty much anything she or I would want and tbh makes me question the value in my Samsung note 9 which was closer to £800 sim free on release

"Treat yourself to a Samsung note 10 plus 5g "

£1100 worth of a treat

Treat yourself to an iPhone

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Out of all my phone's I loved my Huawei best. The camera was amazing. But I've smashed it all up so bought iPhone X because I liked the colour back in November . I'm still using the same old phone iOS move won't transfer my stuff. So I recommend that you definitely stick to android whatever you do."

I've had Samsung galaxy's for years but I'm tempted to switch to Huawei after seeing my friends. The camera is phenomenal which would be great for me for work.

By *arksxMan  over a year ago

Leicester / London

6 years is a long time in technology

Any phone you get will have a much better camera.

Most phone £200 have a wide angle camera.

If it has to be android either Samsung Sony are great

Nokia as budget pick would get my vote.

I moved from android to an iPhone. I wouldn't go back now

I would suggest taking a serious look at other manufacturers than the subsidised ones the phone shops sell. Manufacturers like Umidigi, Doogee, Xaiomi, OnePlus, Elephone etc are making some exceptionally good devices.

You'll get an all singing and dancing flagship level device for £300-400, if you're wanting an everyday workhouse level you'll be able to get for £150-200 without any trouble. These are made to the same physical quality as Samsung and Apple type devices as they are all using the same manufacturing processes. The differences are essentially the level of customisation and features in Android itself. For example most of a camera's performance is down to software tweaking not the physical. A high street brand will spend huge amount of money tweaking the software to get the most out of the specific hardware they are using in their device but it's reflected in the price.

Do some research and watch some reviews from the more respected and unbiased review channels on YouTube.

Thanks all ive had alook at loads today, huwawi looked nice but in all the shops ive been in on various networks they said the downfall of the brand was poor network reception compared to other brands.

Ive narrowed it down to the note 10+ , or samsung a9 both are fantastic think ill end up with the a9 though as its less than half the price of the note to buy

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I have an iPhone xr and the camera is fantastic.

By *eonnieCouple  over a year ago

Worsley

"I got our wee one a Xiaomi redmi note 6 pro sim free for around £100, camera is cracking, runs android and pretty much anything she or I would want and tbh makes me question the value in my Samsung note 9 which was closer to £800 sim free on release"

I second this! I got my redmi note 6 as a second phone, the camera is fantastic and it's a great phone all around. Love it as much as my iPhone, it's brilliant!

"I got our wee one a Xiaomi redmi note 6 pro sim free for around £100, camera is cracking, runs android and pretty much anything she or I would want and tbh makes me question the value in my Samsung note 9 which was closer to £800 sim free on release

I second this! I got my redmi note 6 as a second phone, the camera is fantastic and it's a great phone all around. Love it as much as my iPhone, it's brilliant! "

Blimey that looks mega for the money the spec and reveiws are fab, hows the battery life has it deteriorated since buying?

"I got our wee one a Xiaomi redmi note 6 pro sim free for around £100, camera is cracking, runs android and pretty much anything she or I would want and tbh makes me question the value in my Samsung note 9 which was closer to £800 sim free on release

I second this! I got my redmi note 6 as a second phone, the camera is fantastic and it's a great phone all around. Love it as much as my iPhone, it's brilliant!

Blimey that looks mega for the money the spec and reveiws are fab, hows the battery life has it deteriorated since buying?"

Nope not that I've noticed, lasts a shed load longer than mine and she's pretty much always got it in her hand

By *rjimMan  over a year ago

nr bristol

I call my old samsung a 'Statue'.

When people look at me oddly I put it to my ear and say...

'stat you ?

» Add a new message to this topic