FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > dubai

dubai

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

no offence but who in their right mind goes to dubai....... its an arab state they don't get the western culture which begs the question why did they build it, for the most part its 50 degrees.... too hot and it has no history or points of interest, just modern purpose built money collection units

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I've been to Abu Dhabi twice and as it's only a short drive to Dubai we visited it a few times. I went to visit family friends who lived there but personally it's not somewhere I'd choose to go on holiday to otherwise. I prefer a bit of history. The main past time out there seems to be shopping.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The gals go for the moneyyyyyyy

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I went because it’s 6 and a bit hours on a plane and is sunny. I chilled out in a nice hotel and went to brunches. It was a well needed winter break and the locals were cool. There was nothing much I couldn’t do in Dubai than I could do here.

It is like a High Rise Milton Keynes in the Desert though.

Qatar has much more history and I would probably go back there.

"I've been to Abu Dhabi twice and as it's only a short drive to Dubai we visited it a few times. I went to visit family friends who lived there but personally it's not somewhere I'd choose to go on holiday to otherwise. I prefer a bit of history. The main past time out there seems to be shopping."
exactly my point a money collection point

Spent a few weeks working in Abu Dhabi and quite enjoyed it. Dont think I would ever go back but they are tolerant of western ways as long as you are respectful of their rules and beliefs. Don't miss the 5am call to prayer though.

Worked all over the UAE, I live in an Islamic country (Egypt), and I wouldn't visit UAE voluntarily hate the place.

"Worked all over the UAE, I live in an Islamic country (Egypt), and I wouldn't visit UAE voluntarily hate the place."
because of the heat or the difference in religion?

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"no offence but who in their right mind goes to dubai."

I really enjoyed it. Stunning, modern architecture, interesting museum, lovely dhow ride on the creek, respectful people who don't hassle single women, quality hotels, sunshine. Great place for a break.

"no offence but who in their right mind goes to dubai.

I really enjoyed it. Stunning, modern architecture, interesting museum, lovely dhow ride on the creek, respectful people who don't hassle single women, quality hotels, sunshine. Great place for a break. "

lol oh well one happy HOT camper, I'm just not a fan of purpose built in an isolated area just to get tourist money from the westerners they despise , modern buildings are great and i too love architecture but that heat and the religious flavour don't appeal and i love the sun do they have nudist beaches in Dubai?

"Worked all over the UAE, I live in an Islamic country (Egypt), and I wouldn't visit UAE voluntarily hate the place.because of the heat or the difference in religion? "

No certainly not because Religion or the heat it's no hotter than South Sinai, just don't like the place especially Dubai I have my reasons.

"no offence but who in their right mind goes to dubai....... its an arab state they don't get the western culture which begs the question why did they build it, for the most part its 50 degrees.... too hot and it has no history or points of interest, just modern purpose built money collection units "

I've lived here for 2 years and it's never been 50 degrees in fact right now it's a cool 25.

I'm not sure why you have put up an unqualified post just assuming you have never been here. I suggest you learn about a culture before criticising it. It has more history and culture than you can imagine and I'm not sure why an Arab state has to 'get' western culture, isn't that the point of freedom?

I really enjoyed it. Stunning, modern architecture, interesting museum, lovely dhow ride on the creek, respectful people who don't hassle single women, quality hotels, sunshine. Great place for a break. lol oh well one happy HOT camper, I'm just not a fan of purpose built in an isolated area just to get tourist money from the westerners they despise , modern buildings are great and i too love architecture but that heat and the religious flavour don't appeal and i love the sun do they have nudist beaches in Dubai? "

Who despises westerners?

I really enjoyed it. Stunning, modern architecture, interesting museum, lovely dhow ride on the creek, respectful people who don't hassle single women, quality hotels, sunshine. Great place for a break. lol oh well one happy HOT camper, I'm just not a fan of purpose built in an isolated area just to get tourist money from the westerners they despise , modern buildings are great and i too love architecture but that heat and the religious flavour don't appeal and i love the sun do they have nudist beaches in Dubai?

Who despises westerners? "

arabs, imams, terrorists,Abu Hamza etc

I really enjoyed it. Stunning, modern architecture, interesting museum, lovely dhow ride on the creek, respectful people who don't hassle single women, quality hotels, sunshine. Great place for a break. lol oh well one happy HOT camper, I'm just not a fan of purpose built in an isolated area just to get tourist money from the westerners they despise , modern buildings are great and i too love architecture but that heat and the religious flavour don't appeal and i love the sun do they have nudist beaches in Dubai?

Who despises westerners? arabs, imams, terrorists,Abu Hamza etc "

Got to disagree with the first two fella... you're spot on other than that...

Oh so when you said the religious flavour doesn't appeal my gut instinct was right about the real agenda with this thread

Who despises westerners? arabs, imams, terrorists,Abu Hamza etc

Got to disagree with the first two fella... you're spot on other than that..."

our way is frowned upon by Arabs but many good people amongst them....... religion is the bien of western life, wars throughout history resulting from it, the evidence is part of history

Got to disagree with the first two fella... you're spot on other than that...our way is frowned upon by Arabs but many good people amongst them....... religion is the bien of western life, wars throughout history resulting from it, the evidence is part of history "

So it's gone from despised to frowned upon? Which is it because they are far from the same thing

By *arksxMan  over a year ago

Leicester / London

It was built becuase their oil reserves are dwindling so they had to diversify their economy to tourism.

It's basically the Las Vegas of the Arab world. It has the same appeal and problems.

If you want a party town go to Lebanon.

They literally party like there is no tomorrow. And if you know your history you know why.

I saw buildings with bullet holes still in them. They just build around them.

It's also steeped in history.

"The gals go for the moneyyyyyyy"

I’ve been twice and wasn’t for money. Was a beautiful stop over for 5 days both times. Beautiful city , beautiful hotels, lovely people.

Got to disagree with the first two fella... you're spot on other than that...our way is frowned upon by Arabs but many good people amongst them....... religion is the bien of western life, wars throughout history resulting from it, the evidence is part of history

So it's gone from despised to frowned upon? Which is it because they are far from the same thing "

despised frowned same thing just lesser negativity but both negative

Got to disagree with the first two fella... you're spot on other than that...our way is frowned upon by Arabs but many good people amongst them....... religion is the bien of western life, wars throughout history resulting from it, the evidence is part of history

So it's gone from despised to frowned upon? Which is it because they are far from the same thing despised frowned same thing just lesser negativity but both negative "

So was this thread about Dubai? Or Islam?

"It was built becuase their oil reserves are dwindling so they had to diversify their economy to tourism.

It's basically the Las Vegas of the Arab world. It has the same appeal and problems.

If you want a party town go to Lebanon.

They literally party like there is no tomorrow. And if you know your history you know why.

I saw buildings with bullet holes still in them. They just build around them.

It's also steeped in history. "

Both Las Vegas and Dubai are both man made city’s, it’s very surreal when flying into in darkness, everything is straight lines, like a square board of lights. Weird.

So it's gone from despised to frowned upon? Which is it because they are far from the same thing despised frowned same thing just lesser negativity but both negative

So was this thread about Dubai? Or Islam?"

dubai, manufactured, arabs, heat, money and tourism

By *ilth500Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

"no offence but who in their right mind goes to dubai....... its an arab state they don't get the western culture which begs the question why did they build it, for the most part its 50 degrees.... too hot and it has no history or points of interest, just modern purpose built money collection units "

WOW.

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

I’ve been a few times for work. I wouldn’t go for pleasure.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

It’s absolutely lovely weather right now and there is the old town, souks, creek, desert and lots of fun if you know where to go. I do a nice 10k run around the oalm, metro is good to get around, city is ok, the Burj and fountains. The first few times I hated it too, spectacular and soulless a bit yes, and summer is hard , July was 50 but it’s alright.

"no offence but who in their right mind goes to dubai....... its an arab state they don't get the western culture which begs the question why did they build it, for the most part its 50 degrees.... too hot and it has no history or points of interest, just modern purpose built money collection units

WOW. "

lol you agree then

So it's gone from despised to frowned upon? Which is it because they are far from the same thing despised frowned same thing just lesser negativity but both negative

So was this thread about Dubai? Or Islam?dubai, manufactured, arabs, heat, money and tourism "

So when you said they dont get western culture, what did you mean? And surely the onus is on the tourists to understand eastern cultures? But I'm guessing you dont agree with that?

By *ilth500Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

"no offence but who in their right mind goes to dubai....... its an arab state they don't get the western culture which begs the question why did they build it, for the most part its 50 degrees.... too hot and it has no history or points of interest, just modern purpose built money collection units

WOW. lol you agree then "

not in any way shape or form.

I'm thinking of Omid Djalili talking about the western news agencies:

"When they want a middle east viewpoint they go to a muslim nutcase with one eye and a hook."

"That's like Al Jazeera going to The Grand Green Dragon of the Ku Klux Klan for Christian views;"

Texan voice: "I'm glad you asked that Mohammed, we believe in deaths to all arabs, jews, darkies, a giant burning cross over Jerusalem and a big yee haw boys"

Arabic voice: "Well there you have it, the views of the Christian west. Now here's Fatima with the sport"

So was this thread about Dubai? Or Islam?dubai, manufactured, arabs, heat, money and tourism

So when you said they dont get western culture, what did you mean? And surely the onus is on the tourists to understand eastern cultures? But I'm guessing you dont agree with that?"

western tourists in the main aren't very discerning, many are attracted by the weather or go for business or are attracted to something new but as i said purpose built to get the western world tourist industry and attract business keeping the people seperated in a little modern arabic haven its like a man made island, a 50 degree oven of modern hotels

So was this thread about Dubai? Or Islam?dubai, manufactured, arabs, heat, money and tourism

So when you said they dont get western culture, what did you mean? And surely the onus is on the tourists to understand eastern cultures? But I'm guessing you dont agree with that?western tourists in the main aren't very discerning, many are attracted by the weather or go for business or are attracted to something new but as i said purpose built to get the western world tourist industry and attract business keeping the people seperated in a little modern arabic haven its like a man made island, a 50 degree oven of modern hotels "

I agree. Like Vegas. But with a bit more culture and heritage

So when you said they dont get western culture, what did you mean? And surely the onus is on the tourists to understand eastern cultures? But I'm guessing you dont agree with that?western tourists in the main aren't very discerning, many are attracted by the weather or go for business or are attracted to something new but as i said purpose built to get the western world tourist industry and attract business keeping the people seperated in a little modern arabic haven its like a man made island, a 50 degree oven of modern hotels

I agree. Like Vegas. But with a bit more culture and heritage "

yes las vegas another place i have zero interest in visiting

Dubai & Nottingham

Much better than Vegas, far fewer American and food is great. Champagne sunset in the Burj Khalifa is very romantic and hit that who’s near me button you’ll be very surprised

"Much better than Vegas, far fewer American and food is great. Champagne sunset in the Burj Khalifa is very romantic and hit that who’s near me button you’ll be very surprised "

Like I said “ with more culture and heritage “

So when you said they dont get western culture, what did you mean? And surely the onus is on the tourists to understand eastern cultures? But I'm guessing you dont agree with that?western tourists in the main aren't very discerning, many are attracted by the weather or go for business or are attracted to something new but as i said purpose built to get the western world tourist industry and attract business keeping the people seperated in a little modern arabic haven its like a man made island, a 50 degree oven of modern hotels

I agree. Like Vegas. But with a bit more culture and heritage yes las vegas another place i have zero interest in visiting "

What places are you interested in visiting?

I agree. Like Vegas. But with a bit more culture and heritage yes las vegas another place i have zero interest in visiting

What places are you interested in visiting?"

Japan, Hong Kong and Venezuela are three i will eventually visit

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Iv never been but looks beautiful.

Iv never been but looks beautiful."

It’s very beautiful, and the architecture is amazing, most buildings are built feng shui,

STOKE ON TRENT

Iv never been but looks beautiful.

It’s very beautiful, and the architecture is amazing, most buildings are built feng shui, "

I haven't been to Clacton yet, need to get that out of the way first.

STOKE ON TRENT

Money money money.

Dubai & Nottingham

I agree. Like Vegas. But with a bit more culture and heritage yes las vegas another place i have zero interest in visiting

What places are you interested in visiting?Japan, Hong Kong and Venezuela are three i will eventually visit "

I wouldn’t bother with Japan and Hong Kong, boring as fuck and full of foreigners. Get yourself down to the Gold and Diamond park here for a bit of tax free shopping , you will love it. Then off to the mall for some Raybands, some YSL tack , a nice Gucci belt , embrace a bit of consumerism and chill out a little

I haven't been to Clacton yet, need to get that out of the way first."

lol always wise to start at home

I absolutly adore Dubai.

I've been 3 times and was considering moving there at one point.

It's a lot more tolerable than uneducated people think, you can drink and smoke out there with no trouble.

I've never once had a problem with the locals be that either the immigrants who go there for work or the Emirati's themselves.

Seems strange you would 1. Go to a arab country expected them to be westernized.

And 2. Say this about Dubai when there are so many immigrants there that they literally celebrate every holiday for every religion anyway

By *ewlywedsCouple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

We absolutely love Dubai & have been around 15 times. Only a 6 hour flight with 3hr time difference for guaranteed weather. It has never been 50 degrees when we have been there (usually between 30-40).

Also I think you will find it’s only around 10% of locals actually live in the City. It is a multicultural city with lots of European/Australian/American people who class it as their home.

We have NEVER had an issue with religion and some of the made up stories are simply laughable! When there we drink lots of alcohol, dance of bar tables, kiss and cuddle in public & wear skimpy bikinis.

We love the luxury, the dressing up to go to top class restaurants and we also love the culture. The Desert Safari’s are brilliant, taking a old fashioned Dow across the creek is wonderful, The city museum is great and the modern architecture can’t be beaten.

We are all different and all different tastes which should be respected.

What places are you interested in visiting?Japan, Hong Kong and Venezuela are three i will eventually visit

I wouldn’t bother with Japan and Hong Kong, boring as fuck and full of foreigners. Get yourself down to the Gold and Diamond park here for a bit of tax free shopping , you will love it. Then off to the mall for some Raybands, some YSL tack , a nice Gucci belt , embrace a bit of consumerism and chill out a little "

lol you enjoy not my thing i dont wear jewellery its just a form of rock, i do like to smell nice mind so YSL yes please 50 degrees far too hot and i love to be outside any nudist beaches in dubai?

What places are you interested in visiting?Japan, Hong Kong and Venezuela are three i will eventually visit

I wouldn’t bother with Japan and Hong Kong, boring as fuck and full of foreigners. Get yourself down to the Gold and Diamond park here for a bit of tax free shopping , you will love it. Then off to the mall for some Raybands, some YSL tack , a nice Gucci belt , embrace a bit of consumerism and chill out a little lol you enjoy not my thing i dont wear jewellery its just a form of rock, i do like to smell nice mind so YSL yes please 50 degrees far too hot and i love to be outside any nudist beaches in dubai? "

Do you think there are nudist beaches? Do you think the intolerance you seem to think exists is in part down to an inability to respect other cultures?

I wouldn’t bother with Japan and Hong Kong, boring as fuck and full of foreigners. Get yourself down to the Gold and Diamond park here for a bit of tax free shopping , you will love it. Then off to the mall for some Raybands, some YSL tack , a nice Gucci belt , embrace a bit of consumerism and chill out a little lol you enjoy not my thing i dont wear jewellery its just a form of rock, i do like to smell nice mind so YSL yes please 50 degrees far too hot and i love to be outside any nudist beaches in dubai?

Do you think there are nudist beaches? Do you think the intolerance you seem to think exists is in part down to an inability to respect other cultures?"

my question was knowing theyd be intolerant as you well know but as I'd never go it really dis ney matter

I wouldn’t bother with Japan and Hong Kong, boring as fuck and full of foreigners. Get yourself down to the Gold and Diamond park here for a bit of tax free shopping , you will love it. Then off to the mall for some Raybands, some YSL tack , a nice Gucci belt , embrace a bit of consumerism and chill out a little lol you enjoy not my thing i dont wear jewellery its just a form of rock, i do like to smell nice mind so YSL yes please 50 degrees far too hot and i love to be outside any nudist beaches in dubai?

Do you think there are nudist beaches? Do you think the intolerance you seem to think exists is in part down to an inability to respect other cultures?my question was knowing theyd be intolerant as you well know but as I'd never go it really dis ney matter "

I'm not sure that nudist beaches are a measure of tolerance?

The fact you've asked the question twice is quite telling though isnt it?

Dubai & Nottingham

I wouldn’t bother with Japan and Hong Kong, boring as fuck and full of foreigners. Get yourself down to the Gold and Diamond park here for a bit of tax free shopping , you will love it. Then off to the mall for some Raybands, some YSL tack , a nice Gucci belt , embrace a bit of consumerism and chill out a little lol you enjoy not my thing i dont wear jewellery its just a form of rock, i do like to smell nice mind so YSL yes please 50 degrees far too hot and i love to be outside any nudist beaches in dubai? "

They sell some lovely face plastic jewellery imported from China you might like? Never been near a rock

They have outside a/c in the summer it actually gets quite cold I wear a jumper when going out and there’s lots of Cashmir scarves to keep warm.

No nudist beaches but between 11 and 2, in your home you can wear just your underwear

I honestly think you need to give it a second chance, I never used to Like it here either, but now I love it, I have a “I heart Dubai” Tee shirt and everything

Do you think there are nudist beaches? Do you think the intolerance you seem to think exists is in part down to an inability to respect other cultures?my question was knowing theyd be intolerant as you well know but as I'd never go it really dis ney matter

The fact you've asked the question twice is quite telling though isnt it? "

is it, what does it tell you? one of my interests amongst many is nudism, I'm guessing an arab country would be intolerant of that but as i showed obviously from my original post that Dubai holds no interest for me its of no consequence really is it, I'm well aware some may be drawn to the man-made money pit and I'm really glad that they can glean something from it and find it romantic and worthy of a shopping trip but then its nice to ask these questions to find out what draws people to the arabic man made tourist attraction called Dubai don't you think? Have you worn your kilt in Dubai?

Do you think there are nudist beaches? Do you think the intolerance you seem to think exists is in part down to an inability to respect other cultures?my question was knowing theyd be intolerant as you well know but as I'd never go it really dis ney matter

The fact you've asked the question twice is quite telling though isnt it? is it, what does it tell you? one of my interests amongst many is nudism, I'm guessing an arab country would be intolerant of that but as i showed obviously from my original post that Dubai holds no interest for me its of no consequence really is it, I'm well aware some may be drawn to the man-made money pit and I'm really glad that they can glean something from it and find it romantic and worthy of a shopping trip but then its nice to ask these questions to find out what draws people to the arabic man made tourist attraction called Dubai don't you think? Have you worn your kilt in Dubai? "

I wouldn't visit Dubai but I have been to a few Islamic countries and i wouldn't dream of wearing a kilt there. I'm capable of visiting a country and respecting their traditions, culture and beliefs.

I find it sad that you seem incapable of doing the same and somehow turn that in to that country despising westerners.

You're not interested in Dubai but you've started a topic about it?

By *nterracial2Couple  over a year ago

Ribble Valley

That’s quite culturally insensitive, the same could be said for many modern big cities. The difference is that Dubai is steeped in history, there is an old town that is full of traders and Gold Souks. There is many cultural sights to be seen, there’s a fort and museum in the old town that is a walk through Dubai’s early history and the fact until the early 90’s it was still just a small fishing hub and it’s main commerce was natural pearl fishing.

As to the culture thing, you would be surprised to know that the elite of UAE actually educate a lot of their children in British boarding schools and have mansions in Surrey! They’re very cultured to be able to adapt to their surroundings and explains why they can amount such vast fortunes.

The constant 50 degrees is a myth, maybe a month of the year it’s like that, but the rest it can be quite nice, the climate is not much different to the Canaries!

"You're not interested in Dubai but you've started a topic about it?"

"You're not interested in Dubai but you've started a topic about it?"
I'm not interested in Birmingham either but if the need took my fancy I'd still start a topic on it

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Ardgay

First visited Dubai back in the 80s.

The changes have been incredible and it is now so different.

Not necessarily better or worse, just an entire makeover and shift in emphasis.

I personally prefer elsewhere but can easily see why it would appeal.

50'C would be unusual.

That’s quite culturally insensitive, the same could be said for many modern big cities. The difference is that Dubai is steeped in history, there is an old town that is full of traders and Gold Souks. There is many cultural sights to be seen, there’s a fort and museum in the old town that is a walk through Dubai’s early history and the fact until the early 90’s it was still just a small fishing hub and it’s main commerce was natural pearl fishing.

As to the culture thing, you would be surprised to know that the elite of UAE actually educate a lot of their children in British boarding schools and have mansions in Surrey! They’re very cultured to be able to adapt to their surroundings and explains why they can amount such vast fortunes.

The constant 50 degrees is a myth, maybe a month of the year it’s like that, but the rest it can be quite nice, the climate is not much different to the Canaries!"

its really odd because one of the things most people I've spoken to about Dubai is the temperature and 50 degrees its true i also have no interest in the Arabic culture or in man made money pits such as Dubai and Las Vegas having to be considerate is part and parcel of life but a holiday where i have to consider everything in case i offended someone or some religious idiosyncrasy not for me, a good friend of mine work in Arab states for 3 years paid his mortgage off they paid him a lot of money for his skills but him and his wife had to tread very carefully and he was arrested a couple of times and held in a cell for driving related problems where he hadn't committed an offence, his wife couldn't go out on her own she had to be chaperoned,they couldn't take alcohol unless within their walled compound, i dont have so much of a problem with that just the oppressiveness of it but as I've said those that enjoy it are welcome to it just not for me

The constant 50 degrees is a myth, maybe a month of the year it’s like that, but the rest it can be quite nice, the climate is not much different to the Canaries!"

the culture you talk of does that not result from the wealth created from the crude oil industry and one would have to be very wealthy to educate your child at Harrow and Eton £14,167 per half term at Eton, did this rich diverse culture exist one wonders before the discovery of oil?

By *k82Man  over a year ago

Walthamstow

You are as open minded as people in Dagenham, stick to the United kingdom mate and enjoy places like butlins.

By *k82Man  over a year ago

Walthamstow

LOOOOL

I been laughing at this for the past 5 minutes non stop lol.

You are a funny one.

You are as open minded as people in Dagenham, stick to the United kingdom mate and enjoy places like butlins."

i love butlins the entertainment is second to everything

By *oupleforxtrafunCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

It’s not for everyone just like most places but its fall of $$$$$

"It’s not for everyone just like most places but its fall of $$$$$ "
has the dollar fell?

By *oupleforxtrafunCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

"It’s not for everyone just like most places but its fall of $$$$$ has the dollar fell? "
full lol x

"It’s not for everyone just like most places but its fall of $$$$$ has the dollar fell? full lol x"
are you what did you have?

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

" his wife couldn't go out on her own she had to be chaperoned,they couldn't take alcohol unless within their walled compound"

Are you mixing up Dubai with Saudi Arabia ? In Dubai women are able to go out alone and alcohol is served in hotels

Liverpool

The fact you've asked the question twice is quite telling though isnt it? is it, what does it tell you? one of my interests amongst many is nudism, I'm guessing an arab country would be intolerant of that but as i showed obviously from my original post that Dubai holds no interest for me its of no consequence really is it, I'm well aware some may be drawn to the man-made money pit and I'm really glad that they can glean something from it and find it romantic and worthy of a shopping trip but then its nice to ask these questions to find out what draws people to the arabic man made tourist attraction called Dubai don't you think? Have you worn your kilt in Dubai? "

I hate to break it to you but if nudism is so important to you I'd avoid Hong Kong. I know someone who was arrested there for being topless

Liverpool

"First visited Dubai back in the 80s.

The changes have been incredible and it is now so different.

Not necessarily better or worse, just an entire makeover and shift in emphasis.

I personally prefer elsewhere but can easily see why it would appeal.

50'C would be unusual."

My dad wasn't impressed when we went up the Burj Khalifa and I was reading the signs that had aerial photos of Dubai through the decades and I asked him how he felt about being older than most of the things we could see from up there

Liverpool

The constant 50 degrees is a myth, maybe a month of the year it’s like that, but the rest it can be quite nice, the climate is not much different to the Canaries!its really odd because one of the things most people I've spoken to about Dubai is the temperature and 50 degrees its true i also have no interest in the Arabic culture or in man made money pits such as Dubai and Las Vegas having to be considerate is part and parcel of life but a holiday where i have to consider everything in case i offended someone or some religious idiosyncrasy not for me, a good friend of mine work in Arab states for 3 years paid his mortgage off they paid him a lot of money for his skills but him and his wife had to tread very carefully and he was arrested a couple of times and held in a cell for driving related problems where he hadn't committed an offence, his wife couldn't go out on her own she had to be chaperoned,they couldn't take alcohol unless within their walled compound, i dont have so much of a problem with that just the oppressiveness of it but as I've said those that enjoy it are welcome to it just not for me "

Yeah this doesn't sound like anywhere in UAE. A lot of westerners I met out there had really fast cars and would regularly drive round like maniacs and never got so much as a speeding ticket. I could definitely go out on my own if I'd have wanted to and regularly was out with just other women. The wife of the couple I stayed with would go out on her own regularly. I mean she had a job as a nurse so kind of had to haha. And alcohol was readily available and in fact I regularly witnessed a fair amount of d*unken behaviour. Especially when the formula 1 was on. They even have Bongo Bingo in Dubai now.

The constant 50 degrees is a myth, maybe a month of the year it’s like that, but the rest it can be quite nice, the climate is not much different to the Canaries!its really odd because one of the things most people I've spoken to about Dubai is the temperature and 50 degrees its true i also have no interest in the Arabic culture or in man made money pits such as Dubai and Las Vegas having to be considerate is part and parcel of life but a holiday where i have to consider everything in case i offended someone or some religious idiosyncrasy not for me, a good friend of mine work in Arab states for 3 years paid his mortgage off they paid him a lot of money for his skills but him and his wife had to tread very carefully and he was arrested a couple of times and held in a cell for driving related problems where he hadn't committed an offence, his wife couldn't go out on her own she had to be chaperoned,they couldn't take alcohol unless within their walled compound, i dont have so much of a problem with that just the oppressiveness of it but as I've said those that enjoy it are welcome to it just not for me "

I've been to Dubai by myself and been out for dinner and been drinking etc and not had any problems so not sure which part of Dubai they were living in

Dubai & Nottingham

" his wife couldn't go out on her own she had to be chaperoned,they couldn't take alcohol unless within their walled compound

Are you mixing up Dubai with Saudi Arabia ? In Dubai women are able to go out alone and alcohol is served in hotels "

There is even a liquor store on the main Shiekh Zayed road ! Alcohols freely available in all hotels and clubs as long are you have a foreign passport

The constant 50 degrees is a myth, maybe a month of the year it’s like that, but the rest it can be quite nice, the climate is not much different to the Canaries!its really odd because one of the things most people I've spoken to about Dubai is the temperature and 50 degrees its true i also have no interest in the Arabic culture or in man made money pits such as Dubai and Las Vegas having to be considerate is part and parcel of life but a holiday where i have to consider everything in case i offended someone or some religious idiosyncrasy not for me, a good friend of mine work in Arab states for 3 years paid his mortgage off they paid him a lot of money for his skills but him and his wife had to tread very carefully and he was arrested a couple of times and held in a cell for driving related problems where he hadn't committed an offence, his wife couldn't go out on her own she had to be chaperoned,they couldn't take alcohol unless within their walled compound, i dont have so much of a problem with that just the oppressiveness of it but as I've said those that enjoy it are welcome to it just not for me

I've been to Dubai by myself and been out for dinner and been drinking etc and not had any problems so not sure which part of Dubai they were living in "

ahhhh but did i say my friend was in Dubai

Liverpool

The constant 50 degrees is a myth, maybe a month of the year it’s like that, but the rest it can be quite nice, the climate is not much different to the Canaries!its really odd because one of the things most people I've spoken to about Dubai is the temperature and 50 degrees its true i also have no interest in the Arabic culture or in man made money pits such as Dubai and Las Vegas having to be considerate is part and parcel of life but a holiday where i have to consider everything in case i offended someone or some religious idiosyncrasy not for me, a good friend of mine work in Arab states for 3 years paid his mortgage off they paid him a lot of money for his skills but him and his wife had to tread very carefully and he was arrested a couple of times and held in a cell for driving related problems where he hadn't committed an offence, his wife couldn't go out on her own she had to be chaperoned,they couldn't take alcohol unless within their walled compound, i dont have so much of a problem with that just the oppressiveness of it but as I've said those that enjoy it are welcome to it just not for me

I've been to Dubai by myself and been out for dinner and been drinking etc and not had any problems so not sure which part of Dubai they were living in ahhhh but did i say my friend was in Dubai "

But isn't this post about Dubai? Or am I missing something?

I've been to Dubai by myself and been out for dinner and been drinking etc and not had any problems so not sure which part of Dubai they were living in ahhhh but did i say my friend was in Dubai

But isn't this post about Dubai? Or am I missing something? "

the comment was poignant

My thoughts exactly... until I went there! Definitely interesting lol never pass judgement without empirical knowledge!

My thoughts exactly... until I went there! Definitely interesting lol never pass judgement without empirical knowledge! "

were you in your right mind?

Anndddddd there we have it ... you’re not a very clever man are you??

Anndddddd there we have it ... you’re not a very clever man are you??"

nope thick as two short uns

My thoughts exactly... until I went there! Definitely interesting lol never pass judgement without empirical knowledge! were you in your right mind? "

My mind was open lol

I've been to Dubai by myself and been out for dinner and been drinking etc and not had any problems so not sure which part of Dubai they were living in ahhhh but did i say my friend was in Dubai "

Well considering the topic is called Dubai it's not a exactly a wild assumption is it?

My thoughts exactly... until I went there! Definitely interesting lol never pass judgement without empirical knowledge! were you in your right mind?

My mind was open lol "

ahhh so youve booked your next visit to the Arabian oven?

I've been to Dubai by myself and been out for dinner and been drinking etc and not had any problems so not sure which part of Dubai they were living in ahhhh but did i say my friend was in Dubai

Well considering the topic is called Dubai it's not a exactly a wild assumption is it? "

one assumes you can read though or was one wrong? or is assumption the mother of invention?

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

My mum had an apartment there for years and I never went. Doesn't appeal at all. No history, they see women as 2nd class citizens and I'm not a fan of shopping

"My mum had an apartment there for years and I never went. Doesn't appeal at all. No history, they see women as 2nd class citizens and I'm not a fan of shopping"
or being cooked doing it...... very wise

I think you are just an illiterate and a hater.... simple!

By *ungscotsman26Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Bit of a racist tone to this to be quite frank. If you don't like the idea of Dubai don't go, pretty simple. And if people do go it's probably for the sun and luxury hotels.

Dubai & Nottingham

It’s also a great place to work, zero tax, some lovely beaches, restaurants and the old town and souks are nice and a growing swinging scene. Winters are lovely there

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

I also don't get the attraction with Dubai. I wouldn't fancy going.

But I wouldn't question why they built it. Not everyone in the world is Western, who like to have a beer. It's very popular with people who follow Islam.

Dubai & Nottingham

[Removed by poster at 29/02/20 15:33:20]

Dubai & Nottingham

t’s not overly Islamic, you can drink and party. It’s very western - nothing like some Islamic states. I wouldn’t to choose to go for a holiday either but it’s fun.

It was built for trade and commerce, it has free zones and you can start and operate businesses there. Wages are generally better than UK , you can earn 5-10k a month , pat no tax and live on 1k a month which is better than a lot of people can do in London

I’m in DXB message if you want to meet up for a social

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Never been and it's got limited to zero interest. I dislike their stance on LGBT and human rights.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It’s not a place I’d go. I don’t think they like bi men. Not that they’d know of course but it’s an attitude thing.

I think you are just an illiterate and a hater.... simple! "

i think you like it in the bum