FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Messaging as a single male

Messaging as a single male

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andsomeDom86 OP   Man  over a year ago

Walton-on-Thames

A female friend of mine joined fab last week, today she showed me her inbox which had over 400 unread messages!

Guys, do yourself a favour and read the person’s profile before messaging them, copy and paste messages were really easy to spot.

Have a great night.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

P&O Azura

They sure are

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

She needs to sort her filters

Sadly it happens and is pretty standard - when you have 10 single men to every single woman it's inevitable that she will be inundated, especially when a large majority of those men think joining the site is instant access to sex on tap.

So she has to take steps to protect herself and minimise her inbox as best she can.

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

"She needs to sort her filters

Sadly it happens and is pretty standard - when you have 10 single men to every single woman it's inevitable that she will be inundated, especially when a large majority of those men think joining the site is instant access to sex on tap.

So she has to take steps to protect herself and minimise her inbox as best she can."

I'd happily minimise the inbox of many of the women on here,

Seriously though, as a Tgirl, I get around 50 messages per day, and that's without all the winks, for a woman I can't even begin to imagine how they cope!

So she has to take steps to protect herself and minimise her inbox as best she can.

Seriously though, as a Tgirl, I get around 50 messages per day, and that's without all the winks, for a woman I can't even begin to imagine how they cope! "

I cope perfectly well because my profile seems to put people off messaging me! I can't understand why! (That was a sarcastic comment)

Thanks for the advice - I’ll be sure to do so

By *asha86Couple  over a year ago

walsall

The amount we get and 90% get deleted straight off as they havent read the profile and / or its a copy paste message....

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I speed read and delete almost as fast

Seriously though, as a Tgirl, I get around 50 messages per day, and that's without all the winks, for a woman I can't even begin to imagine how they cope!

I cope perfectly well because my profile seems to put people off messaging me! I can't understand why! (That was a sarcastic comment)"

I would be scared to message too

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Thanks for the advice - I’ll be sure to do so "

Yeah Queeny! Stop bombarding us all with your copy paste FAF messages!

"Thanks for the advice - I’ll be sure to do so

Yeah Queeny! Stop bombarding us all with your copy paste FAF messages! "

One day you’ll accept my generous offer x

I’d happily read her profile but I don’t know who she is.

Manchester (she/her)

Yeah Queeny! Stop bombarding us all with your copy paste FAF messages! "

I'm sorry for the bollocks message. Shame on me

One day you’ll accept my generous offer x"

Where’s mine?

Seriously though, as a Tgirl, I get around 50 messages per day, and that's without all the winks, for a woman I can't even begin to imagine how they cope! "

I think I need to change my profile pic for yours!

One day you’ll accept my generous offer x

Where’s mine?"

In your box!

By *etite_delightWoman  over a year ago

BunnyLand

"A female friend of mine joined fab last week, today she showed me her inbox which had over 400 unread messages!

Guys, do yourself a favour and read the person’s profile before messaging them, copy and paste messages were really easy to spot.

Have a great night."

Filters are the way to go!

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"A female friend of mine joined fab last week, today she showed me her inbox which had over 400 unread messages!

Have a great night."

If they can't read a profile and pay attention to that, then they're really not going to read a forum thread from a random guy.

Very few folks actually read the forums and those that do already know this but I recognise the sentiment.

By *_Yeah19Couple  over a year ago

Lincoln

I was clearly doing something wrong (or maybe right?) then as the most I ever had was 65!

TB

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

About four years ago I (Luke) did an experiment. I set up a female profile with no photos and wrote "I am a man. Don't message me unless you are a complete arsehole".

From the moment it went live I started getting 3-4 FAF messages a minute, some telling me how gorgeous I am. I reckon there were probably bots in there.

I thought it was rather sad that so many people just didn't give a shit about their negative impact for the users of the site.

It is a cock fest for the women lol.

By *orthantsblueeyesMan  over a year ago

Northampton

Have a great night.

If they can't read a profile and pay attention to that, then they're really not going to read a forum thread from a random guy.

Very few folks actually read the forums and those that do already know this but I recognise the sentiment. "

This

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I'm sorry for the bollocks message. Shame on me"

At least bollock pics make a change from dick pics.

By *adyHWoman  over a year ago

South Glos

I have it written on my profile that I'm not meeting at the moment but I still reply to (most) messages asking to meet, unfortunately this often leads to abuse and then them blocking me! Which is annoying because I cant abuse them back!!

So she has to take steps to protect herself and minimise her inbox as best she can."

If you're not choosy then there's instant sex on tap to be had

Manchester (she/her)

I'm sorry for the bollocks message. Shame on me

At least bollock pics make a change from dick pics."

I was meant to send a picture?

*contemplates logistical challenges*

Manchester (she/her)

"About four years ago I (Luke) did an experiment. I set up a female profile with no photos and wrote "I am a man. Don't message me unless you are a complete arsehole".

From the moment it went live I started getting 3-4 FAF messages a minute, some telling me how gorgeous I am. I reckon there were probably bots in there.

I thought it was rather sad that so many people just didn't give a shit about their negative impact for the users of the site.

"

Doesn't surprise me

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

I do love the way on fab that some feel the need to tell me how to interact with others.

Thank you for your sagaious advice OP.

Have a great night."

No I'll do what I want

By *radleywigginsMan  over a year ago

northwest

If a person has 400 messages in an inbox it’s because they want to have 400 messages in their inbox.

If they don’t, they won’t. That’s why the filters are there. The women and couples are already at a massive advantage on this site and really don’t need another person to complain on their behalf. Surely everyone has read the ‘they didn’t read my profile/use my secret word’ or the ‘there’s no decent men’ threads until they’re bored senseless.

Nobody (regardless I how much I might want to!) is going to fuck 400 profiles. That’s why the bloody filters are there. Stick them on, and hey, you just get the messages from the type of people you want. Or, and perish the thought, tighten things up, do a search and send out the messages yourself.

I doubt many single guys here will have sympathy for anyone who has 400 (or more) messages in their inbox. A message on this website is an expression or interest, maybe it’ll lead to something amazing happening. I like getting them.

By *urvyandCurious999Woman  over a year ago

Hiding from twats

I've only had 3 or 4 messages today, I must be the most unpopular woman on fab

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I’d like to see a ladies ‘in box’

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

That's not fair, you get more than me

I get about 20 and that's bad enough. It will probably go down to zero now I've said this.

By * Sophie xTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

And so it begins....

Welcome to those butthurt men to this little thread who dont like being told they're being dicks about something or other.

It's a constructive post, take it for what it is.

By *xfordshireCoupleMFCouple  over a year ago

Nr. Oxford

We are always amazed when we hear of couples receiving over 100 messages a week. We get around 3-5 messages a day depending on how active we have been. We do however have some pretty heavy filters so think that helps, either that or our profile sends them running

Think it’s time to just give up on this site

There’s no hope with all the chancers an idiot s

"I've only had 3 or 4 messages today, I must be the most unpopular woman on fab "
Iv never had a lady message me fist only gay men

Not going to tell anyone how to interact on here... But don't expect or complain about not getting a reply to a copy and paste message if you don't read a profile. Even worse are the ones who get abusive about not getting a reply or a 'not interested' response.

There are way too many 'people are ignorant for not replying to messages posts', most of the complainers haven't read the profile of those they are messaging or decided that they'll ignore either the profile text or age preferences, what the profile is looking for, etc. e.g. no single males is probably the biggest ignored one.

Why would you expect someone to reply if you've either not taken the time to read a profile or look at their preferences/requirements, ignorance begets ignorance?

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Have a great night."

Ffs stop helping men it makes the odds worse if they improve

Ask her to look at filters and look at her profile.

Mines arsey.. Blunt but arsey.

It wouldn't have to be if some (not all) men conducted themselves better.

Hope she's ok

Guys who do this really f##k me off as it makes it harder for the genuine ones, who take time to read a profile and try to engage. How can it be fun to copy paste copy paste copy paste.

Guys who do this really f##k me off as it makes it harder for the genuine ones, who take time to read a profile and try to engage. How can it be fun to copy paste copy paste copy paste.

I know right did it make you at least giggle....?

Smart girls don't have problems. Just saying

"Smart girls don't have problems. Just saying "

Block all single guys

"Smart girls don't have problems. Just saying

Block all single guys "

No need.

Block all single guys "

That's the simple answer, but what about those who organise socials, munches, parties, etc. where singles, couples, all ages and preferences are welcome?

Block all single guys

That's the simple answer, but what about those who organise socials, munches, parties, etc. where singles, couples, all ages and preferences are welcome? "

They just have to accept that dicks will message them. There's no changing the behaviour of others. Only your own.

Brighton - even Hove!

"Smart girls don't have problems. Just saying "
I’d do ya. And that bloke

"Smart girls don't have problems. Just saying I’d do ya. And that bloke "

He'd probably let ya too!

Block all single guys

That's the simple answer, but what about those who organise socials, munches, parties, etc. where singles, couples, all ages and preferences are welcome?

They just have to accept that dicks will message them. There's no changing the behaviour of others. Only your own. "

We know only too well that we have to accept it, fortunately the good outweighs the bad

Block all single guys

That's the simple answer, but what about those who organise socials, munches, parties, etc. where singles, couples, all ages and preferences are welcome? "

Set up a socials profile. A lot of bother though for the people that do

Brighton - even Hove!

"Smart girls don't have problems. Just saying I’d do ya. And that bloke

He'd probably let ya too! "

my chat up lines work every time except those times when the recipient says things along the lines of ‘perform self sexual intercourse’ using a directive emphasis

Dont know why people have such issue and use that cliche 'single guy' bs.

I've never had half the problems people moan about and I've never been to swingers clubs or anything.

» Add a new message to this topic